CW Superheroes: The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Shock

Re: CW Superheroes: The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow

Post by Shock »

Ares wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:09 am So, I just got caught up on the Flash this week, and I have to wonder if gaining superspeed suddenly turns people into idiots. Barry's made some boneheaded decisions before, but the last two weeks were basically everyone acting like idiots.

I'm just getting really tired of all the pointless melodrama. "Will you marry me?" "Why didn't you ask me if you could marry her?" "Why don't you tell them that you married her to save her life . . . and this makes me mad for some reason!" "I'm not sure if I want to marry you." "Okay, I do want to marry you." "I think we need some space."

*headdesk*headdesk*headdesk*

You know . . . I miss the days when most of the show actually had Barry doing superhero CSI stuff and fighting villains while building up a season long storyarc. But every since Season 1, the stuff with Zoom and now Savitar has been getting a little ridiculous. We never see Barry in the lab anymore, rarely see him fighting crime, it's just . . . can we just tone down the melodrama, and let the guy be a superhero?
They managed to make the episodes with Grodd and Gorilla city boring. I'm not holding out much hope for improvement.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Yeah, I hate to say it but Flash has slowly slipped down in my personal rankings (much like Arrow has over the last couple of years). Ares highlighted part of my problem with it - the lack of Barry doing "investigative work", bringing a little police work into a superhero story. It was a nice little difference that helped set the tone of the show alongside a nice bit of "comic book science" thrown in for good measure.

Arrow.....I had so much hope for this latest season. The "soft reboot" as I heard it called (well read online, but still) was supposed to be Ollie getting back to basics, which could be a good thing (if done well). Then he goes & recruits a whole new team. Though I do like the Prometheus storyline, as it ties back to Ollie's "Year One", and the twists to his identity have been good so there's potential there, but the rest has really been crap all the way around as far as I care. Just a new spin on old character bits, nothing new really.

Legends of Tomorrow - I barely finished the first season. I stopped around episode 7 then took a several month long break before finishing. I even watched a couple bits of the second season but stopped when I realized that with Captain Cold gone I just really didn't care about the "over developed extras from Arrow & Flash that were given a show". Just too big a cast IMO, and not enough development. I'd hoped that the second season would focus on the smaller cast but the JSA arc just showed me that wasn't going to happen. Add to that the recycled villains from Arrow & Flash (I mean why couldn't we get Walker Gabriel, the Time Trapper, or even the Time Commander).

At this point Supergirl is my topped ranked show and the "All alien season" is starting to get on my nerves.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Tattooedman wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:00 am Yeah, I hate to say it but Flash has slowly slipped down in my personal rankings (much like Arrow has over the last couple of years). Ares highlighted part of my problem with it - the lack of Barry doing "investigative work", bringing a little police work into a superhero story. It was a nice little difference that helped set the tone of the show alongside a nice bit of "comic book science" thrown in for good measure.

Arrow.....I had so much hope for this latest season. The "soft reboot" as I heard it called (well read online, but still) was supposed to be Ollie getting back to basics, which could be a good thing (if done well). Then he goes & recruits a whole new team. Though I do like the Prometheus storyline, as it ties back to Ollie's "Year One", and the twists to his identity have been good so there's potential there, but the rest has really been crap all the way around as far as I care. Just a new spin on old character bits, nothing new really.

Legends of Tomorrow - I barely finished the first season. I stopped around episode 7 then took a several month long break before finishing. I even watched a couple bits of the second season but stopped when I realized that with Captain Cold gone I just really didn't care about the "over developed extras from Arrow & Flash that were given a show". Just too big a cast IMO, and not enough development. I'd hoped that the second season would focus on the smaller cast but the JSA arc just showed me that wasn't going to happen. Add to that the recycled villains from Arrow & Flash (I mean why couldn't we get Walker Gabriel, the Time Trapper, or even the Time Commander).

At this point Supergirl is my topped ranked show and the "All alien season" is starting to get on my nerves.
Unfortunately,I don't think Marvel's in any better shape than Anybody here either.It's sad too,as i honestly liked all four shows.....

OK,I pitched a fit when they killed off My Hawks&Captain Cold on Legends then Turned my favorite Flash(Jay Garrick) into a Villian Just to give a plot twist,but i digress...
Jetstream

Post by Jetstream »

MacynSnow wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:27 pm Unfortunately,I don't think Marvel's in any better shape than Anybody here either.It's sad too,as i honestly liked all four shows.....

OK,I pitched a fit when they killed off My Hawks&Captain Cold on Legends then Turned my favorite Flash(Jay Garrick) into a Villian Just to give a plot twist,but i digress...
Errr, did you finish season 2 of Flash?
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Yeah, the Hawks survive, Jay isn`t a villain...

But the musical was really boring... and pointless. So Barry and Kara are having relationship problems and this goof version of Myx shows up to fix it for them ?

If the Flash was a villain of the week show, I`d be ok with it, but this gives nothing to the overall plot of Flash, and resolves an issue on Supergirl (her ire with Mon-El) essentially off panel..
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Jetstream

Post by Jetstream »

Bladewind wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:05 pm Yeah, the Hawks survive, Jay isn`t a villain...

But the musical was really boring... and pointless. So Barry and Kara are having relationship problems and this goof version of Myx shows up to fix it for them ?

If the Flash was a villain of the week show, I`d be ok with it, but this gives nothing to the overall plot of Flash, and resolves an issue on Supergirl (her ire with Mon-El) essentially off panel..
No no, Bladewind. You don't understand.

This is the first episode in a long time where nobody does anything incredibly stupid.

Everyone's reasonably competent from minute one to the end.

This episode was a blessing.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

lol !!!!

I definitely cannot argue there... but anyone who watches Supergirl and not Flash will be all "wtf ?" when Karamel are all lovey-dovey again.

(Yes, I said Karamel... their "ship" name... I watch SG with my teen daughter...)
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Jetstream wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:07 am
MacynSnow wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:27 pm Unfortunately,I don't think Marvel's in any better shape than Anybody here either.It's sad too,as i honestly liked all four shows.....

Unfortunately that was when My TV went ape&by the time i got a new one season 2 was over....:(
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

The real Jay Garrick is something I rather enjoy about Season 2 and now Season 3...
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

MacynSnow wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:29 pm

Unfortunately that was when My TV went ape&by the time i got a new one season 2 was over....:(
Well once you are able to catch up you'll have something to look forward to.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Tattooedman wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:21 pm
MacynSnow wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:29 pm

Well once you are able to catch up you'll have something to look forward to.
true...:)
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

I've seen better musical episodes of television shows. Most notably Buffy and Psych. Overall I agree that Flash has been rather boring this season with a few exceptions like Gypsy. Speedster villains are overdone now. They need to go back to a villain of the week style. I miss the Trickster, one of the better villains so far on the show.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

While I like the Trickster, I kinda feel that Mark Hammil was trying to bring his animated Joker to life more than anything else.

My favourite character by far is Jay Garrick. On the other side, they need to nerf Guardian something fierce.

Also, I noticed that they said that Winn was to make a suit for Mon-El... and still nothing. Other than strength, what are his powers? (On the show. I am quite familiar with the comic version. ;) :lol: )
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

I'm not a fan of Guardian or James Olsen. I would prefer if they got rid of him and brought back Cat Grant. As for Mon-El, besides strength, he is invulnerable except for lead, has super leaping and super speed. I remember when Winn said he was going to make him a costume. Maybe the writers dropped that idea for now?
Davies

Post by Davies »

Bladewind wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:41 pm While I like the Trickster, I kinda feel that Mark Hammil was trying to bring his animated Joker to life more than anything else.
Goes back further than that -- I believe that he was cast as the Joker on the strength of his performance as the Trickster in the first Flash TV show.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."