CW Superheroes: The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Bladewind

Re: CW Superheroes: The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow

Post by Bladewind »

Score points, I guess, for using the name of a Martian that has appeared in the comics...

White Martian attacks in tonight`s ep, and the name I found online is Armek. Armek, for those that don`t recall, was the name of a White Martian who was part of the Hyperclan back in the day that posed as a team of sueprheroes but were in fact all White Martians using their shapeshifting to good effect...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

The whole Alex and Maggie thing feels overdone, but this was a fairly solid episode... the usual sap and all that but at least it felt comic-booky...

I like that Kara resolved it without innocents being harmed and managed to trick Mon-El as well..
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

I have been rewatching previous episodes...anyone else feel they overpowered Super Girl in the crossover, compared with how she normally fares in her own series?

I mean, her powers are very inconsistent, which is no surprise in these DC series at this point, but in general she can be hurt or at least knocked about by Livewire's electricity, missiles, robots and so on. Yet in the crossover she takes everything her allies throw at her during their training as if it was nothing: power armor, whatever-arrows, the gun the produces the most heat possible in the universe* and so forth. She just stands floating there, absolutely unfazed.

*Yeah, yeah, in practice on the show it behaves as a flamethrower with infinite fuel, but in theory that thing is MUCH hotter than the sun
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

That is accurate... but Flash Earth has a stronger yellow sun. :D
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

danelsan wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:33 pm I have been rewatching previous episodes...anyone else feel they overpowered Super Girl in the crossover, compared with how she normally fares in her own series?

I mean, her powers are very inconsistent, which is no surprise in these DC series at this point, but in general she can be hurt or at least knocked about by Livewire's electricity, missiles, robots and so on. Yet in the crossover she takes everything her allies throw at her during their training as if it was nothing: power armor, whatever-arrows, the gun the produces the most heat possible in the universe* and so forth. She just stands floating there, absolutely unfazed.

*Yeah, yeah, in practice on the show it behaves as a flamethrower with infinite fuel, but in theory that thing is MUCH hotter than the sun
From what I remember, we never see Supergirl shrug off their attacks, merely the aftermath of one of their sparring sessions where everyone is on the ground. I can kind of get around that by thinking that most of the heroes on Arrow/Flash-Earth are gadget users, martial artists and folks with only a couple of powers to their name. Firestorm is probably the hero with the most raw on their earth, and he's mostly a guy who flies and shoots fire with the occasional matter manipulation and energy absorption. Comparatively, Supergirl is stronger and more durable than pretty much anyone on their world, can fly and move almost as fast as Barry, can shoot energy beams like Firestorm, generate cold like Killer Frost, wind like the Flash, and has sensory abilities better than anything Ray Palmer has come up with. So it was less her raw power than their unfamiliarity with how to handle someone with that many powers. For all we know she might have been dodging the attacks.

I do agree that without that unfamiliarity, folks like Firestorm should be able to give her a decent fight. Like you mention, Live Wire, Red Tornado and similar guys aren't really THAT much more powerful than some of the heroes on the Arrow/Flash Earth.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

She`s also extremely precise with that heat vision... burning her crest into the floor perfectly... :P
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

Ares wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:42 am From what I remember, we never see Supergirl shrug off their attacks, merely the aftermath of one of their sparring sessions where everyone is on the ground.
Not exactly. She is shown ignoring Atom's blasts, throwing him on the ground with everyone who was on that training on the ground, but then they continue and she ignores bullets (of course), but also again Atom's blasts and the "hottest thing in the universe" flame gun which, while never shown to be as devastating as it should be, I'd expect to be more dangerous than just any random flame and at least close to on par with Livewire's Lightning.

By the way, later on when she is under mind control she takes Flash's lightning throw as if it was nothing too.

That said, she doesn't face Firestorm, so they left that one up in the air.

Bladewind wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:51 am That is accurate... but Flash Earth has a stronger yellow sun. :D
I guess I might as well take this as "head canon" haha
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

Anyway, complaints aside, I just wanna state that I'm incredibly happy to exist in a world where extremely comic book-y things like Reality-Warping imps only banishable by saying their bizarre names backwards, or an entire city of telepathic sentient gorillas, are now mainstream stuff that can happen in TV series :D
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Not to mention that for TV, the effects on Flash/ Gorilla City were way above what I expected ! There are a couple of spots where you can see that its green screen, but other than that the actual effects are breathtaking.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

I won't lie; I'm looking forward to the return of Grodd, but I decided to wait until next week to watch both episodes back to back. That way I'm not dying from waiting a whole week for the second half.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Jetstream

Post by Jetstream »

danelsan wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:38 pm
Ares wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:42 am From what I remember, we never see Supergirl shrug off their attacks, merely the aftermath of one of their sparring sessions where everyone is on the ground.
Not exactly. She is shown ignoring Atom's blasts, throwing him on the ground with everyone who was on that training on the ground, but then they continue and she ignores bullets (of course), but also again Atom's blasts and the "hottest thing in the universe" flame gun which, while never shown to be as devastating as it should be, I'd expect to be more dangerous than just any random flame and at least close to on par with Livewire's Lightning.
It's really best to ignore the whole "absolute hot" and "absolute zero" thing from Heatwave and Captain Cold's guns.

If they ACTUALLY did that? They'd basically kill everyone in a wide area. And themselves. Hell, I'm pretty sure even the smallest pinpoint of absolute hot (planck temperature) would annihilate more than any Nuclear weapon we've got... If it wouldn't annihilate the Earth.

And anything reduced to absolute zero would suck energy from miles around in an effort to equalize energy levels, freezing everything instantly.

Experiments using anything close to either of these temperatures have to be heavily, heavily insulated.

So yeah. They're a fancy flamethrower and a gun that does something-with-reducing-energy-please-god-don't-think-about-it-too-hard.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Tattooedman wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:35 pm I won't lie; I'm looking forward to the return of Grodd, but I decided to wait until next week to watch both episodes back to back. That way I'm not dying from waiting a whole week for the second half.
No spoilers, you might want t wait until next week then :D
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

So, I just got caught up on the Flash this week, and I have to wonder if gaining superspeed suddenly turns people into idiots. Barry's made some boneheaded decisions before, but the last two weeks were basically everyone acting like idiots.

I'm just getting really tired of all the pointless melodrama. "Will you marry me?" "Why didn't you ask me if you could marry her?" "Why don't you tell them that you married her to save her life . . . and this makes me mad for some reason!" "I'm not sure if I want to marry you." "Okay, I do want to marry you." "I think we need some space."

*headdesk*headdesk*headdesk*

You know . . . I miss the days when most of the show actually had Barry doing superhero CSI stuff and fighting villains while building up a season long storyarc. But every since Season 1, the stuff with Zoom and now Savitar has been getting a little ridiculous. We never see Barry in the lab anymore, rarely see him fighting crime, it's just . . . can we just tone down the melodrama, and let the guy be a superhero?
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I also find it amusing that Iris and Barry not being engaged now pretty much puts things back on track in the timeline.

Also, I find myself enjoying Legends of Tomorrow much more this season. It's completely over the top, but I still like it.... However, major glitch that I hope someone can clear up... The Thawne in this season is the one that killed Barry's mom, and is from the moment just after that action... he spent a few months in prison in Flashpoint (how is beyond me...) but somehow remembers working with Cisco and Caitlyn... which would imply he was a remnant from further up the time stream... However, the Reverse Flash encountered in Season Two was himself outside the timeline and from before he murdered Nora... so how is it exactly does he "remember" events he didn't participate in?
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Bladewind wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:04 am I also find it amusing that Iris and Barry not being engaged now pretty much puts things back on track in the timeline.

Also, I find myself enjoying Legends of Tomorrow much more this season. It's completely over the top, but I still like it.... However, major glitch that I hope someone can clear up... The Thawne in this season is the one that killed Barry's mom, and is from the moment just after that action... he spent a few months in prison in Flashpoint (how is beyond me...) but somehow remembers working with Cisco and Caitlyn... which would imply he was a remnant from further up the time stream... However, the Reverse Flash encountered in Season Two was himself outside the timeline and from before he murdered Nora... so how is it exactly does he "remember" events he didn't participate in?
It involves time travel and the Flash show writers, trying to make sense of it will just give you a migraine at minimum. :lol: