CW Superheroes: The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Bladewind

Re: CW Superheroes: The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow

Post by Bladewind »

Well, without spoiling it, Iris is going to pull some crazy save out of her posterior on Flash tonight I`m 100% sure.

You have to get past:
- the mush of Iris and Barry
- Evil Supergirl isn`t quite as enjoyable as Red kryptonite Supergirl
- I`ll get slammed for this I'm sure, but it`s not Alex`s orientation that bugs me, just that they`re so vocal about it.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

There were some issues with Crisis, some sloppy writing and it wasn't perfect. But.
I thoroughly enjoyed it. You needed to watch all four to get the whol effect but I think watching Legends on its own could work.

Although not her best delivery, I really liked Kara's "General, would you care to step outside?" Line. Atom's entry rocked. Wasn't really surprised when I got a little choked up about Marty. But the rest of the cast delivered for those scenes.

Overall, I enjoyed it way more than Justice League. Far more epic one liners, speeches and moments. And even though they had a Kryptonian, they still needed everyone.

Not sold on Leo, but nice to have him back.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

I have to give Melissa Benoit massive credit though I thought she did a great job in the scenes where she was playing against herself switching personalities between Overgirl and Supergirl.

And Stein Damn Stien dying murderd me :cry:
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Totally agree on Benoist.

And I'm not surprised by Stein - I`ve always liked that actor.

So apparently, The Ray is supposed to get a Web Series, animated no less. There was a sort of teaser on Youtue that I saw, a lead in to Crisis on Earth X. Looks interesting.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I've only seen the Supergirl portion, but so far I like it. There is alot of stuff mentioned that reminded me of why I don't watch those shows, but it was a.good catch up. Overall it feels very comic book like.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

After watching all the episodes, there was the general issues always present in the cw super hero shows, but it was comic book fun. Oliver seems less gruff and brooding now, which is a big improvement. Brooding and gruff for too long is just depressing. The end was meh, but I guess they had to do it for the narrative of the Flash and Arrow. Stein doing though was sad. The actor playing the character really sold it.

Somehow watching it, I could shake the feeling I was watching a live action MnM game where Erde was invading another dimension.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

mrdent12 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:04 pm Somehow watching it, I could shake the feeling I was watching a live action MnM game where Erde was invading another dimension.
I didn't actually notice it myself, must have turned away, but my son had asked at one point "what`s Erde mean?" so I think they even called it that when they switched scenes.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Yup they did which is what made me think of MnM.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Well, since "Erde" is the German word for "Earth" it would make sense that Nazis, even English speaking Nazis, use the word, just as they use the word "Reich".
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

It was a.nice touch. For all my cripes against these shows, there is always little details that are enjoyable surprises.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Just finished the mid season finale of Supergirl. I found it to be better than Batman V Superman. The fight between Reign and Supergirl was spectacular - the Christmas party notwithstanding.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Bladewind wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:01 am I found it to be better than Batman V Superman.
That's faint praise.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

True enough.

It's a CW show, so the angst and all that drives me nuts sometimes. But, it felt comic booky. It continued in the same vein and tone as the cross-over in terms of effects and presentation of the stakes.

It was a good TV version of Superman 2's fight, IMO.

The reason why I compared it to B v S was because the fight was at night and we still managed to see clearly. It wasn't deep shadow and all that crap.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Been a while since anyone posted in here, and to be honest, my interest in the CW-verse kind of waned after a while. I loved the Flash, but after a while it just got a little too goofy with the time travel, a little too Soap Opera with all of the relationship melodrama, too many odd choices, so on and so forth.

But it's crossover time again, and they just showed this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mpo-OZTStM

Green Arrow, Flash, Supergirl and Superman fighting Amazo. And I think that one clip is better than both Batman v. Superman AND Justice League combined.

Plus this crossover is going to have John Wesley Shipp back in his 90s Flash costume, so color me interested.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

And it ha one of those mix-up the heroes things going on.

Supergirl is starting to grate. I was commenting on another forum about the political commentary. Someone else pointed out that comics have been doing that for years, but Supergirl has gotten too on the nose in many aspects. When they don't focus on politics, it's ok. but this season is an anti-alien thing that is waaaaay to in your face. Even the intro has changed. "My name is Kara Zor-el. And I am a refugee on this planet." :roll:

The premiere of Legends this season completely removed all interest for me - and now that it's not in the crossover I'm skipping the season entirely.