CW Superheroes: The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Bladewind

Re: CW Superheroes: The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow

Post by Bladewind »

So. Supergirl has gotten kinda passive aggressive with the political commentary.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Glad I wasn't the only one that noticed.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Right out of the gate in the opening monologue now.
"My name is Kara Zor-El, and I am a refugee on this planet."
  • And Maggie`s dad last night talking about building a wall (really did not fit the show - the President is a Durlan on Earth 28).
  • The comment from Cat Grant about the president not be as smart as an 8 year old.
It was the wall one that annoyed me the most as it doesn`t fit the show`s continuity.

Regardless of what my politics are (and please don`t make this thread about politics!) I find the comments derail the show for a second or two and what I remember about Maggie and her father`s exchange is not Maggie's growth as a character, but her father`s comment about a wall.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

On the plus side, I find I`m enjoying Legends of Tomorrow a lot more this season.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Legends of tomorrow is the only one I still watch. Before it used to be a.show I watched to keep up with the DC this universe on cw. Now it's the only show I watch because it embraced what made it bad before to make it fun. All of the issues like plot holes, time paradoxes, and stupid actions is still there. Now they just point it out and use it to further the show for the better.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Flash, this season, is pretty good. The only episode I have a problem with is the third one (the latest at time of writing).

Maybe it's just me, but I never saw Wells as that big of a jerk. I mean I know his character is supposed to be daughter-protective and antisocial. But this just seemed amped up. So much so that I thought the cube things was a lie at first.

Secondly, did Wally really need to leave? Come on man, step out of the shadow and show your true worth to the team.

Really, I hope they resolve those two things. If not, put Wally on Legends. Put another Wells in.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

But to spin it positive, I really really enjoyed Hazard. I love perky that's confident, not 'lol i'm crazy'
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Regarding the latest Legends of Tomorrow, why are Sara, Mick, and Ray registered as metahumans? How is Nate even registered since he got his powers out in time?
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Sympathizers ? As for Nate, I wondered that too.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Given the time frame and the technology, maybe "time travel particles" made them show up as meta humans. The drones might also have sensors like the Sentinels. Sara came back from the dead, Ray uses a power suit("power suit particles"), Mick has that gun thing, and Nate has the turning into steel. The whole background of why it was like it was left a lot out so conceivably the technology was advanced enough for plot advancement. In any event, they didn't dwell on it too much which was nice.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I rather enjoyed this week's episode of Supergirl. Oddly enough, it was mostly because it was a flashback episode to when the Alex and Kara start to form a bond in high school. Young Kara and Young Alex were cast pretty well and the story wasn't horrible.

And - spoiler? - they've kinda/ sorta hinted that maybe Smallville is part of Earth 38 continuity. At the very least, Chloe is.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

I enjoyed Supergirl this week as well. I also noticed the mention of Clark's friend Chloe.
Voltron64

Post by Voltron64 »

A little something to coronate Crisis on Earth-X if no one's seen it yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MkRuV0aCcI

:twisted:
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Other than being tired of Nazis, this isn't sucking.

Its almost as if Crises on Earth X is a mini series that supplanted the four shows. So they're not as stand alone as last year.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I've stopped watching all of the shows except legends of tomorrow, so I am on the fence watching the other episodes just because there will be alot of context missing. I've dvred them just in case though.