CW Superheroes: The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Ares
Site Admin

CW Superheroes: The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow

Post by Ares »

I figured we'd just have one general thread to discuss any and all aspects of the CW-verse, though at present time Supergirl is still on her own Earth, separate from the others.

In any case, chat away.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: CW Superheroes: The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Don't really care for supergirl myself, but I've been loving the Flash, LoT, and Arrow. The former two, in particular, despite the universe being named after the last show.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Ken

Post by Ken »

Tyler Hoechlin was awesome as Kara's cousin. Convinced me that there are people in Hollywood who get him.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
badpenny

Post by badpenny »

Ken wrote:Tyler Hoechlin was awesome as Kara's cousin. Convinced me that there are people in Hollywood who get him.
Yep. And it seems that WB has lifted the "we can't have two versions of the same hero on TV/movies" so the whole DCU might be open to these shows to explore.
Penny's Build Party - Playable builds - M&M 2.5 featuring Damage Roll combat
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Though I'm a couple episodes behind on these (haven't finished season 1 of Supergirl yet) I'm still enjoying them. I've actually been liking the second season of Legends of Tomorrow more than the first. I feel like they've decided to stop being too serious and start having a bit more fun with the show.
Formerly luketheduke86
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

I enjoy the Flash. i need to start season 2 and i need to get on Supergirl

buuuuut I fell off of Arrow a while back and Legends....well I just think Legends is hot garbage
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

The only reason I'm not watching Legends is that time travel gives me headaches when I think about it. It happens in Flash, yes, but the paradoxes are neatly wrapped up. Legends, from what I've heard, revels in the paradoxes.

Supergirl I'm more open to catching up on, but I want to watch season one before season two.
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

I gave up on LoT after the first few episodes and, since I'm already falling behind on some of the other stuff I watch, I'm unlikely to pick it back up even if it improved.

My interest in Arrow also nearly vanished at some point. I have yet to finish season 4. I guess I mostly just wanna know what is going on there now as far as it can affect Flash.

Flash and Supergirl are the two of the bunch I keep up with and get excited about. Though I wish Flash had less time-travel shananigans and Supergirl less relationship drama. Also, I hear there is gonna be a massive crossover of all the series at some point? Maybe they finally take the chance to merge Supergirl's reality with the others'.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Yeah, starting November 28th they are doing a 4 night crossover event with all 4 series, having to deal with the Dominators.
badpenny

Post by badpenny »

I only watch Supergirl (with my ten year old niece--girl's night don'tchaknow) and will watch the other shows during the crossover, but that's about it.

I did watch the first few seasons of Arrow, but then lost interest. I wanted to like Flash, but found it annoying with one white event origin story for everyone.

Legends just was a hot mess, and while I'd love a White Canary show, I just didn't care about Rip, the Hawk's, Vandal Savage, Firestorm...hmm, that's everything except for Caity....
Jetstream

Post by Jetstream »

Psistrike wrote:Yeah, starting November 28th they are doing a 4 night crossover event with all 4 series, having to deal with the Dominators.
Hrm... I have no desire to buy Arrow right now, nor Supergirl, and I haven't bought LoT yet...

... I really hope Amazon just lets us watch all four frickin' episodes, no matter which show you have. They eventually did it with last years Arrow/Flash crossover, but for this? For this they really should do it from moment one.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

You can watch the shows from the night after until five episodes later on their official site at http://www.cwtv.com
Jetstream

Post by Jetstream »

Miracle wrote:You can watch the shows from the night after until five episodes later on their official site at http://www.cwtv.com
Oh good. I didn't want to miss three out of four episodes.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

I'm looking forward to the 4 part event, though I've got to say, once again I'm in the minority it appears, since Arrow is my fave of all 4 shows. LoT is my least favorite because it's just not that interesting to me. I don't watch Dr. Who because all the time travel gets boring and ridiculous. I guess in descending order, my like of the CW Berlanti-verse shows in Arrow, Flash, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow.

Certain things on each show are just not grabbing me, but Arrow is the most consistent as far as writing and character capabilities go though. While the titular character in Arrow isn't as interesting as he could be some members of the cast are good. Do I wish they'd hurry Mr. Terrific's character development? Yeah. I would like to see some wicked cool gadgets from him. Wild Dog is forgettable and Artemis is kind of "the token girl crime-fighter" (both Canary's and Nyssa Al-Ghul were better written), but Ragman is cool enough that I'm willing to overlook all that. Diggle/Spartan hasn't changed, but if they're going to do something with his fugitive status, they should start building that subplot. Vigilante makes a good foil for Oliver, because he's very similar to season 1 Oliver, so it's easier to contrast how far Oliver has come and exactly what everyone else sees when he backslides.

Over on Flash I'm hoping things pick up a bit now that Savitar has been introduced, but yet another season with a mirror image villain as the main enemy is wearing on me a bit. Killer Frost showing up again will be nice and I hope they go for the full heelturn with her. I also hope they get around to doing something meaningful with Draco Malfoy, because having him be "the guy at work who hates Barry" is already old.

On LoT, I'd kind of like them to ditch most of the crew and go full "Secret Society of Super-Villains" with them and have White Canary lead a band of anti-heroes and villains on their mission. Having a small crew consisting of Heatwave, Killer Frost, Livewire (from Supergirl) and one or two others (introduced new to round out the cast) with Canary trying to ride herd on them would make for a much more interesting dynamic than what they've got going now, plus it would make the team-ups a hoot.

Supergirl is in full "world building" now that it's away from CBS, so it's too early to tell what kind of adjustments I'd make to the show. With the exception of one...the Snapper Carr character is awful. With any luck they'll at least give a reason for why he treats everyone around him like dirt, unless that's what the writers think professionalism looks like.
badpenny

Post by badpenny »

Now that they've introduced Maggie Sawyer, Batwoman is the next logical character to introduce on the Supergirl series.