Avengers End Game

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Gilliam

Avengers End Game

Post by Gilliam »

Just got back from watching it tonight and it was well worth watching, the movie didn't feel like 3 hours long at all. Credit has to be given to the writers, directors etc who pulled it all together and made it work.

Overall 10/10 :)
Neo-Paladin

Re: Avengers End Game

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Totally in agreement there. The movie had the whole cinema cheer loudly more than once :) I'll definitely watch it again.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

My eldest daughter saw it on opening day with some of her friends and said the same, there were a number of cheers, gasps and applause. She then watched it again with us the next day.

I did like that scene near the end where Marvel seemed to make a point of saying "look we do have female heroes and they kick ass"
Davies

Post by Davies »

Some very great moments in this, combined with some rather corny ones.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

I saw last night with my brother, and had a really good time with it. It definitely didn't go the way I was expecting, though that was likely do at least partly to me making a concentrated effort to avoid most trailers and all spoilers.

I really like the film, it does a good job of getting you swept up in the moment of the movie, to the point that you don't really think about some of the plot hiccups that managed to sneak their way in. If this was the last film in the MCU, it'd be a proper way to send off this franchise that has been going on for over a decade now.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Loved it. I’m sure I’ll find something to nitpick later but both comes to mind. I feel like I’m still processing, there was just so much crammed in that even at 3 hours there a few things that felt rushed.

Ah, there’s my nitpick. ;)

Just phenomenal overall. I’m with Gilliam, perfect score.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Voltron64

Post by Voltron64 »

BriarThrone

Post by BriarThrone »

There were lots of cheers in the theater, but a few moments where everyone audibly groaned and heckled. Good movie, but not on the level of Infinity War. Didn't have that level of emotional impact.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I was amazed at how silent the theatre was. A couple of cheers but no real rousing battle cry worthy cheers...

I honestly can’t compare it to Infinity War... yes it’s the continuation but at the same time the tone and stakes were so vastly different...

A lot of tear jerking moments, goosebumps... and a lot of clever bits IMO.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

I liked it, but I wasn't really wowed by it.

I think I've liked Infinity War, Civil War, Winter Soldier, The Avengers, and GOTG 2 better.
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

Overall I very much enjoyed it, but definitely opens up some major issues with the continuity due to all the "messing with reality" stuff. And leaves the CMU in an odd place going forward, depending on how much the writers actually deal with rather than paper over. No real emotional payoff for the Hulk's arc. Really solid performances from Downey, Evans, and Johannson. A bit disrespectful of Thor, given how much trauma the character's endured (but most of the taunts emanate from a character from whom it makes sense). Wonderful work from Karen Gillian. Captain Marvel works fairly well as a plot device, though her role could have been handled by others. The GotG get short thrift overall. Fantastic battle scenes, the equal of any in the films. Touching moments. Clever humor. Sold B+, but not an unqualified A+ like Infinity Wars.

All my best!
BlueBiscuit

Post by BlueBiscuit »

While not perfect as it's own movie, Endgame is definitely a worthy capstone to the last 10 years of the MCU, and honestly I actually prefer it to IW. Now, I don't think it is the best MCU so far, it's definitely up there with it's best. 9/10 will watch again.

Also, that rat is a hero who saved the universe.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Anyone else catch the google snap?

No idea if it’s still up, but a google search in chrome has an infinity gauntlet... click on it and the spoilers disappear...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

yeah google thanos and clickl on the gauntlet very fun.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Chris Brady

Post by Chris Brady »

Bladewind wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:40 pm Anyone else catch the google snap?

No idea if it’s still up, but a google search in chrome has an infinity gauntlet... click on it and the spoilers disappear...
Look at the 'About Results' number too. It cuts in half and then goes back when you click on the glove a second time.

As for myself, I was disappointed with Endgame, what they did to the male characters in my opinion shall best be left unsaid, although Tony Stark's arc, which started in 2008 was fine, I suppose, but the rest of them? No. Anymore though and I'll start spoiling what I remember, so I'll stop right there.