Godzillla Anime Trilogy

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Darrin Kelley

Godzillla Anime Trilogy

Post by Darrin Kelley »

Originally. I watched this on Netflix. Godzilla: Planet Of The Monsters, Godzilla: City On The Edge Of Battle, Godzilla: The Planet Eater.

I'm a huge Godzilla fan. Have been since I was a little kid. But this trilogy struck me as wrong. Something was off. And as a result, I didn't really enjoy it.

Well to complete my Godzilla movie collection. I ordered all three parts from Ebay. I got them a few days ago. And I got a really large surprise.

They were not the movies I saw on Netflix. The Netflix versions were heavily censored. And watching the uncensored versions gave me a whole different watching experience. I ended up really liking them.
HalloweenJack

Re: Godzillla Anime Trilogy

Post by HalloweenJack »

Interesting.

I started the first one last January or so one night, but got about halfway before I realized it just wasn't for me.

But this may have me give it another shot, with dvd at any rate.
Darrin Kelley

Post by Darrin Kelley »

The DVDs I got were Region 0 from Maylasia. Means they work with every DVD player. Regardless of region. And they have english dub and subtitle tracks. They were worth every bit of the $39 I spent for all three DVDs.

The Planet Eater was the one most heavily edited and censored. The start of that movie goes into how the Exif were manipulating humanity through religion since very early in Earth's history.

The Netflix version for the United States removed that entire element from The Planet Eater's plot. And as a result. It ripped out a significant part of what gave the whole trilogy its meaning.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

yeah, I hate when that happens. I'm not sure why that kind of stuff still happens.

It's like how heavily edited Terror of Mechagodzilla was.