Comics on YouTube

The place to talk about your favorite novels, comic books and web comics.
Spectrum

Comics on YouTube

Post by Spectrum »

Every once in a while, I come across a new story or commentary that makes me stop and think about how comics work. It also makes me curious on what other people think about them.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Spectrum

Re: Comics on YouTube

Post by Spectrum »

How This Picture Changed the Comic Book Industry FOREVER! || Comic Misconceptions || NerdSync

Relates on how separating out the news stand from comics shops lead to collections.. which in turn lead to speculation.. which in turn lead to online comic subscriptions.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

10 Characters Who Lifted Thor's Hammer

Some answers that make sense: Steve Rogers, Beta Ray Bill, Superman.. I can even see Awesome Andy but lots of crap answers too: Storm? Red Hulk? Loki? Yeeeah, I don't think so. Then again, maybe my interpretation of 'worthy' is just wrong.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Spectrum wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:42 pm 10 Characters Who Lifted Thor's Hammer

Some answers that make sense: Steve Rogers, Beta Ray Bill, Superman.. I can even see Awesome Andy but lots of crap answers too: Storm? Red Hulk? Loki? Yeeeah, I don't think so. Then again, maybe my interpretation of 'worthy' is just wrong.
To be fair,Red Hulk "lifted" the hammer while Thor was still holding it & Loki temporarily possessed Hulk's body and picked it up by force.Storm was always considered worthy by the standards that Odin originally placed on it....
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

"Wait.. crazy cool Frank Miller or just plain crazy Frank Miller?"

Nostalgia Critic reviews The Spirit
Ken

Post by Ken »

There's a difference?
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Yeah, one wrote The Dark Knight Returns, the other killed him and wore him like an Edgar Suit and wrote Holy Terror.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Ken

Post by Ken »

I was going to ask about Alan Brennert being Frank Miller, as Brennert wrote the Elseworld Batman: Holy Terror.

But then I dug a little deeper. I'd never heard of Miller's Holy Terror.

But since it looks like SSDD to me, it really doesn't convince me there's a difference.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

SSDD? As in “Same ship, different day?”

(For the morbidly curious, Linkara did a pretty through video review of Holy Terror. A book that even Frank Miller himself, years later, would admit he wrote in a fury of blind rage. Linkara is usually pretty apolitical in his reviews [although he doesn’t hide his liberal/progressive leanings] but he unleashes on this book. I’m a dyed-in-the-wool libertarian who tends to lean conservative, but yeah, I gotta agree with Linkara about this book.)
Last edited by Batgirl III on Thu May 24, 2018 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Same Shit Different Decade

MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

My whole opinion of Frank Miller can be summed up in this simple acronym;
W.T.F.H.D(What The Fuck Happened Dude?!)
:D
Ken

Post by Ken »

MacynSnow wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 6:00 pm My whole opinion of Frank Miller can be summed up in this simple acronym;
Well his career peaked with Daredevil. Then he discovered he could turn shit into gold.

MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Ken wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 8:47 pm
MacynSnow wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 6:00 pm My whole opinion of Frank Miller can be summed up in this simple acronym;
Well his career peaked with Daredevil. Then he discovered he could turn shit into gold.
Didn't mean he had to Crap over everything while screaming "I can write anything i want & you idiots'll buy it!"......
Ken

Post by Ken »

MacynSnow wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 9:08 pm Didn't mean he had to Crap over everything while screaming "I can write anything i want & you idiots'll buy it!"......
Well, he wasn't wrong. I mean he produced the guano that was The Dark Knight Returns, and the comics industry and fandom couldn't stop giving him loads of HJs for it. That pretty much proved he can crap over everything and the idiots will buy it.

MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Ken wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 10:25 pm
MacynSnow wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 9:08 pm Didn't mean he had to Crap over everything while screaming "I can write anything i want & you idiots'll buy it!"......
Well, he wasn't wrong. I mean he produced the guano that was The Dark Knight Returns, and the comics industry and fandom couldn't stop giving him loads of HJs for it. That pretty much proved he can crap over everything and the idiots will buy it.
I don't know about that example,ken. The Dark Knight Returns had a suprisingly good story behind the Art,despite it being a typical Miller soapbox story. Sin City,on the other hand....