How to fix the DCEU

The place to talk about your favorite novels, comic books and web comics.
User avatar
Bladewind
Posts: 1768
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Re: How to fix the DCEU

Post by Bladewind » Sat May 12, 2018 1:50 am

Very true.
Thorpocalypse wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm
Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document

Ken
Posts: 1991
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:40 pm
Location: DeKamore, Madiganistan

Re: How to fix the DCEU

Post by Ken » Sat May 12, 2018 3:15 am

Batgirl III wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 12:08 am
There a a lot of actors who do the same thing: ... John Wayne... Not in every movie, sure, and some of these actors are excellent.
The Quiet Man : excellent performance, away from typical John Wayne roles.
The Conqueror: not so good performance, away from typical John Wayne roles.
The Greatest Story Ever Told: Truely this man was the son of God.

But, yeah, most of the rest of his film roles... Well outside of Singing Sandy... He was the Duke.
Does a Winnie poo in the 100-acre wood?

User avatar
Woodclaw
Posts: 706
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:05 pm
Location: Como, Italy

Re: How to fix the DCEU

Post by Woodclaw » Sat May 12, 2018 8:36 am

Ken wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 3:15 am
Batgirl III wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 12:08 am
There a a lot of actors who do the same thing: ... John Wayne... Not in every movie, sure, and some of these actors are excellent.
The Quiet Man : excellent performance, away from typical John Wayne roles.
The Conqueror: not so good performance, away from typical John Wayne roles.
The Greatest Story Ever Told: Truely this man was the son of God.

But, yeah, most of the rest of his film roles... Well outside of Singing Sandy... He was the Duke.
I believe that's what people call typecasting.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)

User avatar
Batgirl III
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:17 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: How to fix the DCEU

Post by Batgirl III » Sat May 12, 2018 3:14 pm

Woodclaw wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 8:36 am
I believe that's what people call typecasting.
Sometimes it’s typecasting, sometimes an actor just doesn’t have much range. “Type-Acting” if you will.

R. Lee Ermy basically spent his entire career playing Gunnery Sergeant Hartman, sometimes he played it straight, sometimes he played it for drama, sometimes comedy... Even his “non-fiction” works like Mail Call or GLOCK commercials played on his Gunnery Sergeant Hartman persona.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: How to fix the DCEU

Post by MacynSnow » Thu May 24, 2018 9:31 pm

This is who i think should be cast for a GL movie:
Green Lantern Corp.
Hal Jordan: Nathan Fillion

John Stewart:Idris Elba

Guy Gardner:Mark Harmon(sorry bg,i just don't see Hall as Guy)

Kyle Raynor:Frankie Muniz

Sinestro:Hugh Laurie

Ganthet:Ian MacKellen

Enjoy!:D

User avatar
L-Space
Posts: 727
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:40 pm
Location: Nebraska

Re: How to fix the DCEU

Post by L-Space » Thu May 24, 2018 11:33 pm

He's far from being a great actor, but I always figured Seann William Scott would fit really well as Guy Gardner.
Image
Formerly luketheduke86

Ken
Posts: 1991
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:40 pm
Location: DeKamore, Madiganistan

Re: How to fix the DCEU

Post by Ken » Thu May 24, 2018 11:40 pm

L-Space wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 11:33 pm
He's far from being a great actor, but I always figured Seann William Scott would fit really well as Guy Gardner.
I could see it.
Does a Winnie poo in the 100-acre wood?

User avatar
Beleriphon
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:41 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: How to fix the DCEU

Post by Beleriphon » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:58 pm

L-Space wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 11:33 pm
He's far from being a great actor, but I always figured Seann William Scott would fit really well as Guy Gardner.
So he's the guy from Goon, but with a magic space ring?

User avatar
HalloweenJack
Posts: 946
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:50 pm

Re: How to fix the DCEU

Post by HalloweenJack » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:11 pm

Ken wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 11:40 pm
L-Space wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 11:33 pm
He's far from being a great actor, but I always figured Seann William Scott would fit really well as Guy Gardner.
I could see it.

Same

Post Reply