How to fix the DCEU

The place to talk about your favorite novels, comic books and web comics.
User avatar
Ares
Site Admin
Posts: 1765
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:40 am

Re: How to fix the DCEU

Post by Ares » Thu May 10, 2018 6:27 pm

Batgirl III wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 5:48 pm
Ares wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 5:36 pm
I was actually kind of bummed about Chris Pine's performance in the film, because while it's going on, all I could think was "Damn, he'd actually make a great Hal Jordan".
Hal Jordan is Nathan Fillion. Anything else and I riot.
Then you need to watch the animated film, Justice League: Doom. If you haven't already.

Sadly, Nathan's almost 50 at this point, which is getting a bit up in years to play "young, cocky airforce pilot Hal Jordan". If they'd done this 10 years ago, he'd have been a perfect fit.

User avatar
HalloweenJack
Posts: 826
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:50 pm

Re: How to fix the DCEU

Post by HalloweenJack » Thu May 10, 2018 6:53 pm

my personal favorite version of Hal was Parallax.....


yeah I know it seems like I'm trying to piss in everyone's cheerios and be contrarian today, but seriously it was.


I really enjoyed the idea of a hero falling from grace and becoming the villain. I honestly loved that part of him that he was in his own mind doing the right thing and that others couldn't see that, but there was at least a little nagging feeling that he was wrong. I loved that.

Granted, I also liked Cyclops after he stopped being the boy scout....but then they really screwed the pooch on that by going too far in the other direction

User avatar
Batgirl III
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:17 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: How to fix the DCEU

Post by Batgirl III » Thu May 10, 2018 7:01 pm

I don’t want “young and cocky” Hal Jordan, I want “old and gruff” Hal Jordan. I’m sick to death of superhero movies that feature origin stories and rookie heroes. Gimme a confident veteran. I want Raiders of the Lost Ark not Young Indiana Jones Chronicles.

Nathan Fillion as Hal Jordan, Idris Elba as John Stewart, Anthony Michael Hall as Guy Gardener, Stephen Fry as the voice of CGI Ganthet, with Hugh Laurie as the voice of CGI Sinestro.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

User avatar
Bladewind
Posts: 1529
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Re: How to fix the DCEU

Post by Bladewind » Thu May 10, 2018 7:43 pm

Image

I totally see it.
Enigmatic One wrote:Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.
Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting
The Merge Setting document
The Merge: Character List

Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds

User avatar
Batgirl III
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:17 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: How to fix the DCEU

Post by Batgirl III » Thu May 10, 2018 8:13 pm

Image

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

User avatar
Bladewind
Posts: 1529
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Re: How to fix the DCEU

Post by Bladewind » Fri May 11, 2018 2:00 am

Image
Enigmatic One wrote:Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.
Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting
The Merge Setting document
The Merge: Character List

Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds

User avatar
HalloweenJack
Posts: 826
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:50 pm

Re: How to fix the DCEU

Post by HalloweenJack » Fri May 11, 2018 9:19 pm

but no one loves Kyle. not anymore :cry:

User avatar
Woodclaw
Posts: 623
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:05 pm
Location: Como, Italy

Re: How to fix the DCEU

Post by Woodclaw » Fri May 11, 2018 10:10 pm

HalloweenJack wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 9:19 pm
but no one loves Kyle. not anymore :cry:
Kyle is kind of tough one for me. In many ways he's specific to a certain era of GL stories. Hal and Guy are much more universal for being the Cool and the Asshole GLs. John got a big push with JLU, but he's now cemeted as the straight man of the team. Kyle often seem to pale next to them because while he's supposed to be incredibly versatile (giving a weapon based on creativity to an actual creative person, imagine that), he just doesn't seem to cut the deal, as a result every time he's shown to be actually on par with the others (especially Hal) there's always someone that seem ready to start a riot (e.g. the end of Blackest Night when he channeled the White Entity).

To be honest I don't know who would be a good body cast for Kyle, but I'm totally on-board with BGIII's choices.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)

User avatar
Bladewind
Posts: 1529
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Re: How to fix the DCEU

Post by Bladewind » Fri May 11, 2018 10:33 pm

Kyle was always my favourite GL for a time - I agree though, he`s time period specific. For me it was a combo of a certain style of art, the new costume and the aforementioned creative person given a weapon based on creativity.

I googled fancast for Kyle, and I`m kinda partial to Joseph Gordon Levitt
Enigmatic One wrote:Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.
Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting
The Merge Setting document
The Merge: Character List

Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds

Ken
Posts: 1848
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:40 pm
Location: DeKamore, IL, Earth-Two

Re: How to fix the DCEU

Post by Ken » Fri May 11, 2018 10:54 pm

Mark Harmon should play Green Lantern. Alongside John Wesley Shipp as the Flash.

What, it says, right over here that I'm from Earth-Two. Of course I mean Alan Scott and Jay Garrick. =================================>
On curves ahead...
Remember, sonny...
That's rabbit's foot...
Didn't save the bunny...
Burma-Shave

User avatar
HalloweenJack
Posts: 826
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:50 pm

Re: How to fix the DCEU

Post by HalloweenJack » Fri May 11, 2018 11:08 pm

Woodclaw wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 10:10 pm
HalloweenJack wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 9:19 pm
but no one loves Kyle. not anymore :cry:
Kyle is kind of tough one for me. In many ways he's specific to a certain era of GL stories. Hal and Guy are much more universal for being the Cool and the Asshole GLs. John got a big push with JLU, but he's now cemeted as the straight man of the team. Kyle often seem to pale next to them because while he's supposed to be incredibly versatile (giving a weapon based on creativity to an actual creative person, imagine that), he just doesn't seem to cut the deal, as a result every time he's shown to be actually on par with the others (especially Hal) there's always someone that seem ready to start a riot (e.g. the end of Blackest Night when he channeled the White Entity).

To be honest I don't know who would be a good body cast for Kyle, but I'm totally on-board with BGIII's choices.

maybe back in the day, Buffy season 2-3 Nicholas Brendon.

User avatar
Batgirl III
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:17 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: How to fix the DCEU

Post by Batgirl III » Fri May 11, 2018 11:20 pm

Chris Wood, who currently has a recurring role on Supergirl as Mon-El, might be a good fit for Kyle Raynor.

Now, people are going to hate me for this, but I honestly and sincerely think that Ryan Reynolds would be a good Kyle Raynor.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

User avatar
HalloweenJack
Posts: 826
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:50 pm

Re: How to fix the DCEU

Post by HalloweenJack » Fri May 11, 2018 11:49 pm

naw, I can see that.

User avatar
Bladewind
Posts: 1529
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Re: How to fix the DCEU

Post by Bladewind » Fri May 11, 2018 11:54 pm

Batgirl III wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 11:20 pm
Chris Wood, who currently has a recurring role on Supergirl as Mon-El, might be a good fit for Kyle Raynor.

Now, people are going to hate me for this, but I honestly and sincerely think that Ryan Reynolds would be a good Kyle Raynor.
My only issue with Reynolds is when I watch his Deadpool, and then I watch his Hannibal King and find them to be virtually the same. His Gl was also very similar, just less cussin IMO.
Enigmatic One wrote:Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.
Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting
The Merge Setting document
The Merge: Character List

Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds

User avatar
Batgirl III
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:17 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: How to fix the DCEU

Post by Batgirl III » Sat May 12, 2018 12:08 am

Reynolds is one of those actors who pretty much just has one persona, that he uses in different films. There a a lot of actors who do the same thing: Tom Cruise, Burt Reynolds, Bruce Campbell, John Wayne, Adam Sandler... Not in every movie, sure, and some of these actors are excellent. But let’s face it, if someone says “this is a Tom Cruise movie” you already have an mental picture of what it’s going to be. And it ain’t Magnolia.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.

Post Reply