Your Favorite Crossovers - Book and Comic edition

The place to talk about your favorite novels, comic books and web comics.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Your Favorite Crossovers - Book and Comic edition

Post by Ares » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:23 am

And who knows, maybe some day we'll get these two companies to play nice with each other.

Scots Dragon

Post by Scots Dragon » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:02 pm

JLA/Avengers stands out, with that George Perez cover art for issue #3 being amazing, as does X-Men/Titans. In areas not involving Marvel or DC, I quite liked the recent Worldscape storyline from Dynamite's Pathfinder comics.
Formerly known as Narsil on the ATT and Ronin Army forums.

Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:45 am

Okay, so I just found out that late last year they released a Masters of the Universe and ThunderCats crossover, and as a child of the 80's I was honor bound to pick it up. I had read no reviews for it, knew nothing about it other than it was a recent crossover of two cartoons I loved as a kid, and had zero expectations for it. I figured if it was bad, I'd just sell it the next time I was a half-price book store.

Having finished reading it, I can say only that they will have to pry this book out of my cold dead hands because OH MY GOD YOU GUYS I LOVED THIS BOOK!

Seriously, I've been on this real out of the park run of fun crossovers lately. Future Quest, Mega-Man / Sonic (which basically became Capcom / SEGA), Ghostbusters / Ninja Turtles, Ninja Turtles / Batman, the live action Ghostbusters / the Real Ghostbusters, all of them were AMAZING. Even the Hasbro-verse crossover (G.I. Joe, Transformers, Action Man, MASK, Rom, Micronauts) series Revolution, while clunky and not as good as the others, was still a lot of fun in its own way.

ThunderCats vs MotU was another fantastic one. It was just . . . so . . . FUN. The dialogue was fun, the action scenes were great, the banter was hilarious, they even fit in some genuine character moments, it was a love letter to both franchises. The only problems I really had with it was that it wrapped up pretty quickly at the end and that it was only 6 issues long.

Seriously, if you know ANYTHING about either franchise, check this out.