DC Comics: Future Quest aka now THAT'S more like it!

The place to talk about your favorite novels, comic books and web comics.
proditor

Re: DC Comics: Future Quest aka now THAT'S more like it!

Post by proditor »

I did actually, I thought it was attached to the Future Quest stuff. It's not, and I like the direction they are going in FQ much more than the mini-series. Of course, your mileage may vary.
Sidious

Post by Sidious »

I was surprisingly happy reading this. Frankenstein Jr as a giant robot and fighting a monster from space was amazing. Now I need to get the other issues just so I know why Race Bannon has Space Ghost's power bands....
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

And they just finished issue 12, and God damnit was this awesome. I so want this to be an ongoing.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jetstream

Post by Jetstream »

Ares wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 7:48 pm And they just finished issue 12, and God damnit was this awesome. I so want this to be an ongoing.
Is it not? It's a 12-issue limited?
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

My understanding is that it's a 12-issue limited series, but that there will be specials and spin-off stuff, such as Space Ghost teaming up with Green Lantern, the Quest family with Adam Strange and so on.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
proditor

Post by proditor »

GOOD NEWS!!!!

From Jeff Parker's twitter:
Hey! Future Quest is not 'biting the dust' after issue 12, that's when our big event story ends. There's news coming, patience please.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

proditor

Post by proditor »

Mark your calendars!!

August 16

Future Quest Showcase #1

Space Ghost and the Herculoids team up to reform the Space Force!!!!
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

So I just got my trade of Future Quest: Showcase, which featured a Space Ghost story and a Birdman story. I felt the Birdman story had some interesting ideas but was a mixed bag, while the Space Ghost story was pretty much concentrated awesome from start to finish. Definitely recommend it.