Comics: How would you fix / improve _______ character / concept?

The place to talk about your favorite novels, comic books and web comics.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Comics: How would you fix / improve _______ character / concept?

Post by Ares »

Though this re-design someone made is pretty awesome.

Just get rid of the web pattern on the neck and it's an upgrade.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Purple and black as the predominate colors; faceless mask with bug-eyes; mask worn beneath a hood...
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:38 am Purple and black as the predominate colors; faceless mask with bug-eyes; mask worn beneath a hood...
I think Spider-Man himself gets to claim progenitorship of the bug-eyes/faceless mask look :).

Gwen might have taken a step or two from The Spoiler, but there's enough differences in there that it's way more different than 99% of homages & rip-offs. Heck, Gwen's is predominantly white, has a very different color scheme (I read that as dark red, never mind the web designs), and has extra details in different areas. All that I really see as being similar as the mask and hood.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Topping this, will contribute to it later.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ken

Post by Ken »

I'd establish that Ronno the Mer-Boy who was a would-be boyfriend to Diana of Themiscyra when she was a teenager would grow up to become Ronal (Ronno simply being the diminutive form of Ronal) the physician who cures (and ultimately marries) Lori Lemaris.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Post by Ken »

I'd establish that the Protector, rather than being Jason Hart, was the identity that Marvin White eventually took after his training.

Similarly, I'd establish that the Huntress who was in the Justice Society, and called Batman "Uncle Bruce" was Wendy Harris. She'd have been killed sometime before Helena Bertinelli took over the role. (At least in the continuity where the one and only Bruce Wayne was never in the JSA.)
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.