What's new with the big two: Marvel and DC Comics discussion thread.

The place to talk about your favorite novels, comic books and web comics.
Ken

Re: What's new with the big two: Marvel and DC Comics discussion thread.

Post by Ken »

That isn't Jennifer Walters. That's Bruce Banner with breast implants.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ares wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:24 pm
Yojimbo wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:00 pm Image

Fifteen years ago this team would have gotten me excited. Now I just don't care.
It's actually kind of depressing how true that statement is for me. An Avengers roster with Steve, Tony and Thor all on it, mainstays like Carol, Jen and T'Challa, and adding Dr. Strange to the mix? That's pretty awesome. Ghost Rider being an Avenger is . . . questionable, but I understand wanting to bring in some new blood to the crew.
Only thing I hate is Dr. Strange being on the team- guy can end everything with a wave of his hands, because magic SUCKS.

Super-Muscled Jen? There's not enough HELL YES in the world I can give her!! Finally a SUPER-muscular woman in the Marvel Universe! BENCH-PRESS ME, MY DARLING!
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Why have 2 mystic experts on the same team?It makes no sence(?) to me strategically.I'dve personally put someone like Photon(Rambeau) (if you want to play the ethnicity card),Older Beast/Storm(good idea if you either want some more pretty/drama on the team or reintroduce mutants back into the mainstream), or even Ant-Man for extra muscle/movie draw if it came right down to it....

Besides,i personally think they should've used a re-vamped Dr. Druid instead and give Strange his own book back....
Darrin Kelley

Post by Darrin Kelley »

I paid for Phoenix Resurrection: The Return Of jean Grey though the online comic book store I get my books through now.

Well every week of release of that series, CBR.com shamelessly spoiled literally every issue the day each came out. And it genuinely made me angry at them. Because they ruined my reading experience and killed my enthusiasm for a limited series I had ordered months in advance.

CBR.com also spoiled Star Wars: The Last Jedi the very day of release. Something I see as absolutely unsavory.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

You wanna know why they did that?Now,mind,this is just a rumor i heard,so take all this for the grain of salt it's worth........
CBR's parent company got bought out by Disney,who practically forced them to throw Marvel under the bus.An exec @ CBR got mad 'bout it and threw Star Wars under the wheels as well.
Jetstream

Post by Jetstream »

Darrin Kelley wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:38 pm I paid for Phoenix Resurrection: The Return Of jean Grey though the online comic book store I get my books through now.

Well every week of release of that series, CBR.com shamelessly spoiled literally every issue the day each came out. And it genuinely made me angry at them. Because they ruined my reading experience and killed my enthusiasm for a limited series I had ordered months in advance.

CBR.com also spoiled Star Wars: The Last Jedi the very day of release. Something I see as absolutely unsavory.
Have you considered not reading that website until after you've seen/read the thing you want to consume?
Darrin Kelley

Post by Darrin Kelley »

MacynSnow wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:56 am You wanna know why they did that?Now,mind,this is just a rumor i heard,so take all this for the grain of salt it's worth........
CBR's parent company got bought out by Disney,who practically forced them to throw Marvel under the bus.An exec @ CBR got mad 'bout it and threw Star Wars under the wheels as well.
Yeah, well it ruined the limited series for me. Which made it that I felt I spent money on it for nothing.

I am a fan of the original Jean Grey. I like her. I'm hoping the writers do her some justice. Her last death was nothing more than a disappointment to me. I felt it was a waste of a good solid character.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Original Jean was a pretty good character (honestly think she should've got her own series after she thought "her" x-men team died,but i'm just a sucker for a pretty Lady :D ),but the younger one tends to rub me the wrong way(though i have to squarly blame the SJW's for that,as they just don't care about comic history),especially with the whole "Iceman is suddenly gay" debacle.........
Darrin Kelley

Post by Darrin Kelley »

There has always been more to Jean Grey than the Phoenix. She has a ton of story potential that hasn't really been tapped. Because the writers treated her as secondary at best.

She was always supposed to be the heart and conscience of the X-Men. That's a vital role. Not a secondary one. It makes her the most fit to have been leader of the original X-Men.
Chris Brady

Post by Chris Brady »

Yojimbo wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:00 pm Image

Fifteen years ago this team would have gotten me excited. Now I just don't care.

But with Fan Favorite Brian Michael Bendis bringing his bullshit over to DC, maybe it's time for me to look at Marvel again? Nah, they're probably still too expensive and inexplicably numbered.
Why does Bruce Banner have long hair now?
Shock

Post by Shock »

Not sure if I'm missing the joke but Banner's not in that picture
BriarThrone

Post by BriarThrone »

Shock wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:47 pm Not sure if I'm missing the joke but Banner's not in that picture
They drew Jen as Jab's wet dream, effectively ending her appeal to legitimately heterosexual males.

:D
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

BriarThrone wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:00 am
Shock wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:47 pm Not sure if I'm missing the joke but Banner's not in that picture
They drew Jen as Jab's wet dream, effectively ending her appeal to legitimately heterosexual males.

Desire.. to spam thread... with my DeviantArt gallery... increasing....
BriarThrone

Post by BriarThrone »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:46 am

Threats mean nothing to me!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

BriarThrone wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:19 am
Jabroniville wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:46 am

Threats mean nothing to me!
YOU ASKED FOR IT

ImageImage