RIP Stan Lee

The place to talk about your favorite novels, comic books and web comics.
Tattooedman

Re: RIP Stan Lee

Post by Tattooedman »

I had the pleasure of actually meeting Stan about 5 years ago. He had a passion for comics, well heroes truth be told, that was almost tangible and was just so damn enthusiastic that it was contagious.

He will be greatly missed without a doubt.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Rest In Peace.

Also Eff Bill Maher.
Voltron64

Post by Voltron64 »

HalloweenJack wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:02 am Rest In Peace.

Also Eff Bill Maher.
In Maher, we have a clear demonstration of worthless, parasitical sub-annelid that spits in the face of things of value their reptile brain can't even comprehend while calling itself enlightened for doing so.

It's impressive how much he can be loathed by 'his' side and still be considered the voice of the Left by the Right. But then he's useful in demonstrating every stereotype Republicans have on liberals combined.

But whatever, it's not like Evil Can Comprehend Good.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Voltron64 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:24 pm It's impressive how much he can be loathed by 'his' side and still be considered the voice of the Left by the Right. But then he's useful in demonstrating every stereotype Republicans have on liberals combined.

The most vocal people on both sides will frequently take the worst outliers of the opposing party and hold them up as the embodiment of the other side. Both parties are guilty of it, and doing so or brushing either side as evil is counterproductive to any real discussion.

Let's all agree that Bill is a turd of a human being and go back to celebrating the life of Stan Lee.

So, who'd your favorite character Stan had a hand in creating? Favorite Stan Lee moment? Favorite Marvel movie cameo? Favorite cartoon cameo?
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Voltron64

Post by Voltron64 »

Ares wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:48 pm
Voltron64 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:24 pm It's impressive how much he can be loathed by 'his' side and still be considered the voice of the Left by the Right. But then he's useful in demonstrating every stereotype Republicans have on liberals combined.

The most vocal people on both sides will frequently take the worst outliers of the opposing party and hold them up as the embodiment of the other side. Both parties are guilty of it, and doing so or brushing either side as evil is counterproductive to any real discussion.

Let's all agree that Bill is a turd of a human being and go back to celebrating the life of Stan Lee.

So, who'd your favorite character Stan had a hand in creating? Favorite Stan Lee moment? Favorite Marvel movie cameo? Favorite cartoon cameo?
Too. Many. To. List.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Ares wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:48 pm Favorite cartoon cameo?
Well, I`ve heard that his cameo for the next Avengers film is done.

If there`s a scene where people (heroes and citizens alike) come back in a reverse of how they disintegrated, or however they do it... and they present Stan Lee as one of them... I will seriously lose my sh!t.

In case anyone needs a list to choose from...

My favourite, for nothing but sentimental reasons, was as Willie Lumpkin in Fantastic Four (2005).

On an unrelated note, I play Contest of Champions from Kabam (too much, and not really getting into the merits of the game or the company...). Last week they put out a title for all players who wish to use of "True Believer" in honor of Stan Lee. I found that to be a really nice gesture, and was surprised at how much it moved me. Guess Mr Lee meant even more to me than I though he did...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

Bladewind wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:59 pm
Ares wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:48 pm Favorite cartoon cameo?
Well, I`ve heard that his cameo for the next Avengers film is done.

If there`s a scene where people (heroes and citizens alike) come back in a reverse of how they disintegrated, or however they do it... and they present Stan Lee as one of them... I will seriously lose my sh!t.

In case anyone needs a list to choose from...

My favourite, for nothing but sentimental reasons, was as Willie Lumpkin in Fantastic Four (2005).

On an unrelated note, I play Contest of Champions from Kabam (too much, and not really getting into the merits of the game or the company...). Last week they put out a title for all players who wish to use of "True Believer" in honor of Stan Lee. I found that to be a really nice gesture, and was surprised at how much it moved me. Guess Mr Lee meant even more to me than I though he did...
I play Contest as well and thought that was a nice touch on their part. Willie Lumpkin was a personal favorite as well.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

For me it's pure nostalgia - Stan as the narrator of Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

If you've got a spare 2 hours I highly recommend watching Kevin Smith's Stan Lee tribute, it's both funny and sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBh4i3fzzGw
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'