Dream team: Avengers.

The place to talk about your favorite novels, comic books and web comics.
Post Reply
RUSCHE
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:50 pm

Dream team: Avengers.

Post by RUSCHE » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:57 pm

Wondering everyone's thoughts on who would make up their favorite lineup of Avengers, comics or movies.
Mine would be Thor , Captain America, Captain Mar-vell and of course Toney Stark and whatever armor of the month. Also Ben Grimm over Simon Williams, his experience and never quite attitude is a must. I am torn as the Mystic in my group and I need a stealth type.

bsdigitalq
Posts: 410
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:46 am
Contact:

Re: Dream team: Avengers.

Post by bsdigitalq » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:06 pm

I'm gonna be pretty boring/vanilla with my lineup here:

Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Hulk
Hawkeye
Black Widow
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver
Vision
Black Panther
Wasp (Hope van Dyne)
Ant-Man (Scott Lang)
Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)

And, for bits and giggles, the West Coast team:

Wonder Man
War Machine
US Agent
Hercules
Mockingbird
Tigra
She-Hulk
Valkyrie
Yellowjacket (Eric o'Grady)

Ken
Posts: 1994
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:40 pm
Location: DeKamore, Madiganistan

Re: Dream team: Avengers.

Post by Ken » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:55 pm

Captain America (Steve)
Iron Man (Tony)
Thor
Hawkeye (Clint)
Scarlet Witch (Wanda)
Quicksilver (Pietro)
Vision
Black Panther (T'Challa)
Wasp (Janet)
Dr. Pym (Hank Pym)
Warbird (Carol Danvers)
Beast (Hank McCoy)
Wonder Man (Simon)
Does a Winnie poo in the 100-acre wood?

User avatar
Shadowmask
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:28 am

Re: Dream team: Avengers.

Post by Shadowmask » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:09 pm

1. Wolverine
2. Ant-Man
3. Wasp
4. Luke Cage
5. Falcon
6. Colossus
7. Scarlet Witch
8. Quicksilver

The rest of them can stay being Thanos' punching bags forever for all i care.

RUSCHE
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:50 pm

Re: Dream team: Avengers.

Post by RUSCHE » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:19 pm

I like th addition of Colossus. Pete has always been a favorite.

User avatar
HalloweenJack
Posts: 946
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:50 pm

Re: Dream team: Avengers.

Post by HalloweenJack » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:59 pm

I had an idea or two a few years back.


1: Captain America. the leader....of course. if anybody can keep this motley crew together, it's him. It's what he does.

2: Yellowjacket(I'd save Tony for heading up a West Coast branch, leaving Pym the tech guy....but relatively unsure of himself like Tony would be)

3: Thor- solid back up to Cap and leading to a rivalry with the next member

4: Hulk.....more specifically the Professor Hulk. smart enough to be a team player, strong enough to be a world beater, and with enough attitude to shake up the team....with his brains meaning sometimes he'll actually have a point.

5: Hawkeye....and I'd make it kinda EMH with he and Hulk becoming fast friends, kinda placing him in a place like The Falcon down below

6: The Falcon....mainly I want to revisit the thing where Sam feels indebted to the Hulk over his nephew and the like. Maybe have Hulk and Cap butt heads occasionally, and Sam not sure where he sits on it.

7: The Scarlet Witch- it'd be good to have someone who alters probability to try and make this team work

8: Songbird- cause why not?

9: Cage.....working as a sort of parole officer for.....

10: Titania....yeah....maybe have a deal where she decides to go straight. I've always thought she had a bit of a tragic backstory, and that if you fan that a bit it could be something good and interesting. She's deciding to finally grow up....but it would be tough. And she'd always be tempted to go back......especially when say......Zemo makers her an offer.

11: Captain Marvel....Genis at that. Being resurrected, in control of himself, and setting up a nice relationship with he and Songbird

12: Prime. yes, Prime. If I had my way, Marvel would be able to use the Malibu characters, sort of setting up something where he'd be stuck on the Marvel earth, and he have to adapt, grow up a bit, and become a real pro






Then I'd have the West Coast team be just the opposite of the East Coast team. Where the East Coast team is like a square peg trying to fit in, the West one would run smoothly, setting up a nice contrast and perhaps an eventual fight brought on by misunderstanding.



1: Iron Man: the leader, the tech guy, trying to make the model of efficiency

2: Ms. Marvel: Solid second in command, and honestly I prefer her as Ms. Marvel as opposed to Cap.

3: Vision- he's on 24/7. He never takes a break.

4: Wasp: Vision and Wasp are a nice pair of old pros. and being on different teams than their usual S/O's is totally planned, though I'm not leading to a romance, but maybe they could hang. I'm seeing alot of her clowning and Vision sort of being the straight man to her joker.

5: Black Widow- again...efficiency. Maybe some off the books stuff.

6: Wonder Man: a powerhouse, but a team player

7: Beast: just for he and Simon working excellently as a team, and creating a nice dynamic. Totally see them hitting the clubs after a crisis.

8: Living Lightning- old school WCA, who i think could be made into an interesting character and has some potential. He could be topical without being an agenda.

9: Nico Minoru- like LL, she's a native Los Angelino and being on a team like this could help her master her powers more and be a solution when tech may not get it done.

10: Ben Reilly- yeah, you heard me. Have him around, help him set out a different identity from Peter, and when you think about it, he could be a force if given a no-nonsense attitude.

11: Firebird: she's in the area, and I think could have an interesting role here. Could also have she and LL strike up a friendship, where they have their differences given their backgrounds, BUT are still good friends at the end of the day.

12: She-Hulk: a little extra power, a little legal advice, and someone I could see heading out into the night life with Simon and Hank.


and have Rhodey in a support staff style role.

RUSCHE
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:50 pm

Re: Dream team: Avengers.

Post by RUSCHE » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:05 pm

HalloweenJack wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:59 pm
I had an idea or two a few years back.


1: Captain America. the leader....of course. if anybody can keep this motley crew together, it's him. It's what he does.

2: Yellowjacket(I'd save Tony for heading up a West Coast branch, leaving Pym the tech guy....but relatively unsure of himself like Tony would be)

3: Thor- solid back up to Cap and leading to a rivalry with the next member

4: Hulk.....more specifically the Professor Hulk. smart enough to be a team player, strong enough to be a world beater, and with enough attitude to shake up the team....with his brains meaning sometimes he'll actually have a point.

5: Hawkeye....and I'd make it kinda EMH with he and Hulk becoming fast friends, kinda placing him in a place like The Falcon down below

6: The Falcon....mainly I want to revisit the thing where Sam feels indebted to the Hulk over his nephew and the like. Maybe have Hulk and Cap butt heads occasionally, and Sam not sure where he sits on it.

7: The Scarlet Witch- it'd be good to have someone who alters probability to try and make this team work

8: Songbird- cause why not?

9: Cage.....working as a sort of parole officer for.....

10: Titania....yeah....maybe have a deal where she decides to go straight. I've always thought she had a bit of a tragic backstory, and that if you fan that a bit it could be something good and interesting. She's deciding to finally grow up....but it would be tough. And she'd always be tempted to go back......especially when say......Zemo makers her an offer.

11: Captain Marvel....Genis at that. Being resurrected, in control of himself, and setting up a nice relationship with he and Songbird

12: Prime. yes, Prime. If I had my way, Marvel would be able to use the Malibu characters, sort of setting up something where he'd be stuck on the Marvel earth, and he have to adapt, grow up a bit, and become a real pro






Then I'd have the West Coast team be just the opposite of the East Coast team. Where the East Coast team is like a square peg trying to fit in, the West one would run smoothly, setting up a nice contrast and perhaps an eventual fight brought on by misunderstanding.



1: Iron Man: the leader, the tech guy, trying to make the model of efficiency

2: Ms. Marvel: Solid second in command, and honestly I prefer her as Ms. Marvel as opposed to Cap.

3: Vision- he's on 24/7. He never takes a break.

4: Wasp: Vision and Wasp are a nice pair of old pros. and being on different teams than their usual S/O's is totally planned, though I'm not leading to a romance, but maybe they could hang. I'm seeing alot of her clowning and Vision sort of being the straight man to her joker.

5: Black Widow- again...efficiency. Maybe some off the books stuff.

6: Wonder Man: a powerhouse, but a team player

7: Beast: just for he and Simon working excellently as a team, and creating a nice dynamic. Totally see them hitting the clubs after a crisis.

8: Living Lightning- old school WCA, who i think could be made into an interesting character and has some potential. He could be topical without being an agenda.

9: Nico Minoru- like LL, she's a native Los Angelino and being on a team like this could help her master her powers more and be a solution when tech may not get it done.

10: Ben Reilly- yeah, you heard me. Have him around, help him set out a different identity from Peter, and when you think about it, he could be a force if given a no-nonsense attitude.

11: Firebird: she's in the area, and I think could have an interesting role here. Could also have she and LL strike up a friendship, where they have their differences given their backgrounds, BUT are still good friends at the end of the day.

12: She-Hulk: a little extra power, a little legal advice, and someone I could see heading out into the night life with Simon and Hank.


and have Rhodey in a support staff style role.
I like your set up, and also your take on Hulk and Hawkeye .

User avatar
HalloweenJack
Posts: 946
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:50 pm

Re: Dream team: Avengers.

Post by HalloweenJack » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:07 pm

thanks man. much appreciated.

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Dream team: Avengers.

Post by MacynSnow » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:35 am

I'm probably one of the most diehard Avengers fan's on this board(i even like Hank "Radioactive" Pym,and i even DEFEND him to people!),and as such have had these two Avengers teams in my head for years....
Team Chairmen's/Field Leaders
Black Widow/Captain America=The East Team leaders,Natasha and Steve have both shown to be good leaders,but 'Tasha has shown to be better at dealing with Team Beuracracy and The Government than Rogers(who perfer's to remain outside of Politics,for good reason)...

War Machine/Goliath(Barton)=The West Team leaders,Barton has shown that he's good at running a small tightly-knit team but despises "Big Brother" trying to force him to do what they say.Roddy served for Several years in the Military and still has a good relationship with them.It let's Clint have his team,but gives the Government the sense that they're opinions are at least being heard....

Team Rosters
East Team=Hercules,Triathlon, Justice, Firestar, Quasar(Vaugn)
I felt these guy's never got the chance to show-off what they could really do when they were a part of their rosters(Herc was plagued by either bad writing or treated like a Punk....Triathlon was just a plot point&Easily forgotten....Justice&Firestar were just "there"....And Quasar became this confusing and inconsistent mess)....

West Team=Crystal, Quicksilver, Black Knight, Wonder Man, Firebird
This would be a little bit weird to try to explain,but i'll try...
Not only does this add an intresting Dynamic i think was wasted originally(The whole Crystal-Dane-Pietro triangle with NO PROCTOR OR SERSI IN SIGHT!),but add's back a couple of solid team players into it that keeps it from imploding...

RUSCHE
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:50 pm

Re: Dream team: Avengers.

Post by RUSCHE » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:04 pm

I could see Pietro being an absolute ass in that scenario.

User avatar
Shadowmask
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:28 am

Re: Dream team: Avengers.

Post by Shadowmask » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:49 pm

Not a fan of Civil War, the 50 State Initiative Garbage, SHIELD/SWORD/HAMMER etc. With that off my chest, here's my version of The Gulf Coast Avengers based in Houston, Texas or New Orleans:

!. Spectrum (Monica Rambeau)
2. Gambit (Remy Lebeau)
3. Texas Twister (Drew Daniels)
4. Firebird (Bonita Juarez)
5. Wonder Man (Simon Willaims)
6. Brother Voodoo (Jericho Drumm)
7. Rogue (Anna Marie)
8. Forge
9. Tachyon (Shameless plug - :mrgreen: )

RUSCHE
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:50 pm

Re: Dream team: Avengers.

Post by RUSCHE » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:13 pm

Shadowmask wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:49 pm
Not a fan of Civil War, the 50 State Initiative Garbage, SHIELD/SWORD/HAMMER etc. With that off my chest, here's my version of The Gulf Coast Avengers based in Houston, Texas or New Orleans:

!. Spectrum (Monica Rambeau)
2. Gambit (Remy Lebeau)
3. Texas Twister (Drew Daniels)
4. Firebird (Bonita Juarez)
5. Wonder Man (Simon Willaims)
6. Brother Voodoo (Jericho Drumm)
7. Rogue (Anna Marie)
8. Forge
9. Tachyon (Shameless plug - :mrgreen: )
Plug away!! Haha. That us a fun line up.

User avatar
L-Space
Posts: 727
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:40 pm
Location: Nebraska

Re: Dream team: Avengers.

Post by L-Space » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:29 pm

My Avengers Team Roster:
1. Captain America - Leader (duh)
2. Hawkeye - 2nd in command, Snark master
3. Ant-man (Scott Lang) - Infiltration, electronics expert
4. Hercules - Brick, drinking buddy/merrymaker
5. Amadeus Cho - Genius, keeping Herc out of too much trouble.
6. Brother Voodoo - Magic user/expert
7. Spider-man - Wild card, Snark grandmaster
8. Captain Marvel (Danvers) - Flying brick, blaster
Last edited by L-Space on Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Formerly luketheduke86

RUSCHE
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:50 pm

Re: Dream team: Avengers.

Post by RUSCHE » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:37 pm

Nice line up, I could see Hercules starting trouble by saying we should go out for a FEW drinks. Then him saying" have I told you about the time"..

User avatar
L-Space
Posts: 727
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:40 pm
Location: Nebraska

Re: Dream team: Avengers.

Post by L-Space » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:03 pm

RUSCHE wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:37 pm
Nice line up, I could see Hercules starting trouble by saying we should go out for a FEW drinks. Then him saying" have I told you about the time"..
Oh yea, actually that makes me realize I should add another role to Amadeus Cho.
Image
Formerly luketheduke86

Post Reply