Advice on my campaign

Where DMs can leave their notes, or ask other DMs for help with their game.
Cinder

Advice on my campaign

Post by Cinder » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:46 pm

I have been running a Second Edition Mutants and Mastermind Campaign since 2008, which will be wrapping up this year. It is a teenage campaign. In it my characters are PL nine. I have this adventure where they are going to be captured by an extra-dimensional being who give them their perfect futures. They will figure it out and escape. I want advice on an issue with which I have been wrestling. It would make sense for them to be PL 11-12 in the future. However, this will be the penultimate session and they will have to go back to their regular PL 9 after. If a GM did this to you, would you feel cheated by having to go back to a "weaker" version of your character for the final adventure?

I was thinking that I would allow them to "level up" to ten for the last session, but that would still less than what they were in their future versions. Thoughts?

FuzzyBoots

Re: Advice on my campaign

Post by FuzzyBoots » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:32 pm

I've temporarily powered up characters several times. What I've typically seen is less the "we want to stay higher PL" and more "I want to change my points/power allocation to be able to use this power I had". And a grant of a few points does kind of make sense because they've gained in experience.
My Builds

Current games:
None (Too scatterbrained)