Gloriant: Age of Adventure (OOC Thread)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel
Posts: 2306
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (OOC Thread)

Post by Flynnarrel » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:01 am

Or she'll want to squash the know-it-all monk in less than a day.
"Something pithy this way comes."

User avatar
Ghost of Krypton
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 11:58 am

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (OOC Thread)

Post by Ghost of Krypton » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:34 am

An update & apology!

As I alluded to earlier, this past two weeks has been rough for me, my wife's grandmother fell ill, and she travelled down south to be with her.
Unfortunately my Manager has been on vacation, leaving only one person on call at the office and so because of my position I was unable to be with her when Gramma passed last Thursday. So on top of the regular office chaos, I've been feeling rather isolated, as I've been unable to be at my wife's side.

So I'm heading down south to Gramma's funeral today and I'll be returning Saturday, I'm hoping that when I return my creative juices will be flowing again and I'll sit down and post Tal's actions. My intent is to assist, obviously, but not seek compensation, as he feels the alliance between Human, Dwarf and Elf pledged during the 1st Great War still applies and he seeks to honor that alliance by acting in it's spirit.

We could say he follows the group without joining them, only to reintroduce himself on my return. That is, if a spot is still open for me after my silence these past days, and if it isn't I totally get it and understand.

Either way I thought you guys deserved an explanation.

Thorpocalypse
Posts: 1400
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:52 pm

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (OOC Thread)

Post by Thorpocalypse » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:43 pm

Ghost of Krypton wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:34 am
An update & apology!

As I alluded to earlier, this past two weeks has been rough for me, my wife's grandmother fell ill, and she travelled down south to be with her.
Unfortunately my Manager has been on vacation, leaving only one person on call at the office and so because of my position I was unable to be with her when Gramma passed last Thursday. So on top of the regular office chaos, I've been feeling rather isolated, as I've been unable to be at my wife's side.

So I'm heading down south to Gramma's funeral today and I'll be returning Saturday, I'm hoping that when I return my creative juices will be flowing again and I'll sit down and post Tal's actions. My intent is to assist, obviously, but not seek compensation, as he feels the alliance between Human, Dwarf and Elf pledged during the 1st Great War still applies and he seeks to honor that alliance by acting in it's spirit.

We could say he follows the group without joining them, only to reintroduce himself on my return. That is, if a spot is still open for me after my silence these past days, and if it isn't I totally get it and understand.

Either way I thought you guys deserved an explanation.
No explanation needed, Ghost. Real life happens. I'll have to go dark for a couple days at least shortly when my father comes home from the nursing home in the next week or two so I get it.

I was planning on just having you tag along with the group as a "silent partner" for the moment then jumping back in when you can. I'm shooting for having a post up later this afternoon or this evening to wrap up the bar scene and get you all on the road to Millford this weekend.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum

Jabroniville
Posts: 9577
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:05 pm

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (OOC Thread)

Post by Jabroniville » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:23 am

Hey Thorp, can I invent some Shokan and Goliath Gods? Just wanted to respond to Flynn's question, but I didn't want to step on any toes. I'm thinking the Shokan just have like 18 gods devoted to different kinds of fighting :).

User avatar
L-Space
Posts: 727
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:40 pm
Location: Nebraska

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (OOC Thread)

Post by L-Space » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:12 pm

Jabroniville wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:23 am
Hey Thorp, can I invent some Shokan and Goliath Gods? Just wanted to respond to Flynn's question, but I didn't want to step on any toes. I'm thinking the Shokan just have like 18 gods devoted to different kinds of fighting :).
Shokar is God of Punching! Grysh is God of Kicking! Goran God of Punching AND Kicking, very popular God. :D
Image
Formerly luketheduke86

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1587
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (OOC Thread)

Post by EpicEclipse » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:13 pm

L-Space wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:12 pm
Jabroniville wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:23 am
Hey Thorp, can I invent some Shokan and Goliath Gods? Just wanted to respond to Flynn's question, but I didn't want to step on any toes. I'm thinking the Shokan just have like 18 gods devoted to different kinds of fighting :).
Shokar is God of Punching! Grysh is God of Kicking! Goran God of Punching AND Kicking, very popular God. :D
And then there is Plexus, the most vain of the Shokan gods in that he is the god of a technique named after himself, the Suplex.

Thorpocalypse
Posts: 1400
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:52 pm

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (OOC Thread)

Post by Thorpocalypse » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:55 pm

Jabroniville wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:23 am
Hey Thorp, can I invent some Shokan and Goliath Gods? Just wanted to respond to Flynn's question, but I didn't want to step on any toes. I'm thinking the Shokan just have like 18 gods devoted to different kinds of fighting :).
You betcha. The more fightin' gods the better. 8-)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum

User avatar
Ghost of Krypton
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 11:58 am

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (OOC Thread)

Post by Ghost of Krypton » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:50 pm

Another update, back at home after the service. Some tears, some laughter and a lot of family, so I'm back amid feeling more into it.

Seeing as the scene has advanced I'll wait until we have a GM post from Thorp before I reintroduce Tal.

Thorpocalypse
Posts: 1400
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:52 pm

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (OOC Thread)

Post by Thorpocalypse » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:57 pm

Sounds good, Ghost. Again, no rush, I know those types of things can be draining.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum

Thorpocalypse
Posts: 1400
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:52 pm

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (OOC Thread)

Post by Thorpocalypse » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:48 am

I wasn't for sure whether to put these in the IC or OOC so I'll put them here for now. These are my quick, crappy drawings to give you an idea of the route and the wagon train. Here's a crappy snapshot of the route.

Image

Like I said, I will try to come up with better maps but I figure it would at least help to give a rough idea of where you're going. Basically, under normal conditions it would be 2 days travel between each town and you're traveling east/northeast to Millford to start, then northwest to Darrax.

As far as the wagon train goes, I have the locations of Tal, Lena, Berend, Jarki and the drivers so far. I would like to know where everyone is planning to be as we take off.

Again, this was quickly and crappily done but again, it's just to get an idea of where everyone is, should a random encounter occur. "H" stands for horse.

Image
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2306
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (OOC Thread)

Post by Flynnarrel » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:52 am

Zezzaka is sitting in lotus on top of the last cart.
"Something pithy this way comes."

User avatar
Supernaturalist
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:48 am

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (OOC Thread)

Post by Supernaturalist » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:14 am

I wanna be on the middle wagon, surrounded by lots of scouts and meat-shields. :)

User avatar
Ghost of Krypton
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 11:58 am

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (OOC Thread)

Post by Ghost of Krypton » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:18 am

Don't forget women of ill repute!

Thorpocalypse
Posts: 1400
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:52 pm

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (OOC Thread)

Post by Thorpocalypse » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:56 pm

Ghost of Krypton wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:18 am
Don't forget women of ill repute!
That is the cart that Jonas’ daughter is driving so that should be interesting. ;)

So that leaves Ankara and Tae-Phoon. Once we have that, we should be ready to get on the road.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (OOC Thread)

Post by MacynSnow » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:02 pm

It might be best if Tae takes the wagon just in front of 'the bright brigade' and the Shotokan get's the Wagon behind the Lead.That should THEORETICALLY even out our Wagon-train Protection detail....

Post Reply