Gloriant: Age of Adventure (OOC Thread)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Thorpocalypse

Gloriant: Age of Adventure (OOC Thread)

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Game on! I’m running a fantasy game in my Gloriant fantasy setting so here’s where I will start recruiting. So let’s get cracking.

SYSTEM: Mutants and Mastermind 3rd Edition

SETTING: J-Mart Fantasy: World of Gloriant

The House Rules are updated, the history and setting info is mostly updated (may tweak a few things) and there are lots of PC archetypes, NPC and monster builds to review to give a good overview of the flavor of the setting.

If anything is unclear or you have questions let 'er rip. There is no way I could think of everything.

ADVENTURE HOOK: In the domain of Gilthorian in the world of Gloriant, your party has just formed and you are out to make a name for yourselves in the new age of adventure. Rumors coming from the edge of the King’s Patrol area have led you to believe that great adventure awaits those bold enough to seek it.

PLAYERS: Looking for 4-6 at the moment. As always, party balance is important but it’s not end-all-be-all. Kinda would like to avoid 5 tanks and a healer, though. ;)

Taking a page from Jab’s game as part of your build, I would also like to know:

Why are you adventuring?: Fame? Sense of righteousness? Rebelling against parents who wanted to keep you on the farm? What drives you to want to travel out into the untamed lands?

Why might you have to be away?: Stupid real life can impact all of us so if you need to be away for a bit, where would your character go/be doing until you can catch up with the rest of the party.

Why might you have to leave?: If you have to bail or leave for extended period, how should I write you out instead of just having the Tarrasque step on you.

CHARACTER SUBMISSIONS:
Ankara (Shokan-Goliath Fighter) - Jabroniville
Bear (Barbearian) - Plan b
Berend Talnoth (Dwarven Rogue Investigator) - MacynSnow
Irene Everleigh the Demonbound (Human Demon Summoner Cook) - Loneclaw
Jegherda “Jade” (Half-Orc/Half-Aasimar Radiant Dancer - EpicEclipse
Khu-Amon (Human Wizard) - Supernaturalist
Lemidora the Sand Sage (Tortle Sand Bending Monk) - Camus
Lenya'ra Shwartzgrendt (Latent Werewolf Warrior) -
pathfinderq1

Tae-Phoon (Panderian Monk) - L-Space
Tal'endir, Favored Son of Corellon Larethian (Elven Archer Healer) - Ghost of Krypton
Zezzaka (Vedalken Monk) - Flynnarrel

CHARACTER CREATION:

STARING POWER LEVEL AND POINTS: PL5/80 pts or PL6/60 pts with 2 hero points. Just an FYI, I like giving out HP so don’t be afraid to use them when you play, you’ll get plenty more. Allows for more challenging encounters and allows for more “epic” moments from your heroes.

CLASSES: MnM was designed without classes so I’m not having classes in this setting. I would like the PCs to each have some sort of archetype/theme like a brawler, divine knight, scoundrel, arcane swordsman/swordswoman, etc. and to design their characters based on that theme.

RACES: I’ve whipped up racial templates for all the races I could think of at the time. These core templates are what should be used if you choose to play one of these races. We can discuss tweaking them to fit your character ideas, of course. The main thing I probably won’t budge on are the movement ranks. I really don’t want anyone to have more than one rank of Flight, Speed or Teleport in their core abilities just to make sure we don’t have too many major discrepancies in base group movement as we start.

MAGIC: Outside of racial abilities, pretty much any power is considered magic in my setting. Spellcasting has three main sources like most fantasy settings: arcane, divine and martial. I would like Arcane spellcasters to choose a school of magic during character creation like Illusion, Cryomancy, Pyromancy, Elemental, Geomancy, etc but it’s not required, I just think it adds flavor. Divine spellcasters should align themselves with a deity that grants them their divine powers. The listing of deities can be found here or we can discuss you bringing in one of your choosing. Martial powers, like those used by Warlords, Monks, etc. are generally considered Hieromancy.

Each spellcaster is limited to Power Level +5 spells per day (example: a PL7 wizard type could cast 12 spells per day) so you can take a -1 pt Quirk [Limited to 10 uses per day] on your power arrays. If you run out of spells, you can attempt to cast more by making a Will or Fortitude check (arcane and divine spells use Will, martial powers use Fort) equal to your Will or Fort defense + 10 (ex: the PL7 wizard type has used all 12 spells and wants to try to pull off one more fireball. Their Will defense is +8 so they would need to make a DC18 Will check to be able to cast it).

You can have as many Cantrips, which would be 1-2 pt powers, like Prestidigitation, Illusory Guise, Insta-Chill and others from the Power Profiles, as you want to pay for.

Divine and arcane spellcasters should take the Power Loss Complication “XXXXXX needs to be able to speak and gesture to cast his/her spells” or something similar. I’m not requiring spellcasting focuses like wands, holy symbols or attunement to a weapon for Martial powers, but if you want to use something like that for flavor, or to save a point or two as a Flaw by using a casting rod it to house a couple ranks of Ranged Combat [Magic] or something, feel free.

MANA/AETHER/BLESSED/CURSED: Mana and Aether are the magical energy that powers the spells of arcane casters in Gloriant. The difference between the two is that mana is in the ground/trees/water and Aether is in the air. Most of Gloriant has a level of ambient mana/Aether that arcane casters can access that allows their spells to function a normal level. Some locations, however, are devoid of mana/aether, making spellcasting difficult if not impossible. Some areas have an excess of magical energy, adding additional power to their spells. Aether is most abundant in the domain of Rajadesh.

As long as Divine casters have access to their deity, their spells/prayers function normally. But similar to the availability of Mana/Aether for arcane casters, divine casters can receive bonuses or penalties based on whether they are casting spells in blessed or cursed areas depending on the “alignment” of their deity. As an example, If you’re a disciple of Pelor and you’re trying to Bless someone in a temple of Orcus, it may not work.

These are more plot devices than anything, really. It won’t come into play very often/

EQUIPMENT: I’ve got a list of equipment you can use that might be helpful but as always I couldn’t think of everything so feel free to add in what you need within reason.

MAGIC ITEMS: Most magic items will be Removable/Easily Removable powers but some lower level magic items like “+1 dagger” equivalents could be equipment with the Feature 1 (Magic) added for an additional equipment point. During initial character creation, no weapons should have that Magic feature or Affects Insubstantial. You’ll get cool stuff in fairly short order, don’t worry and initially you won’t need it (or will you? BU-WAHAHA). You can have Silver weapons, though, they just also require a 1 pt Feature added to the weapon cost.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:31 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

Racial Templates

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Racial Templates:
Here the templates for most of the races of Gloriant that I came up with at this point. Should be something for everyone but if there’s something I missed that you would like to play, we can most likely add it. And as with generally anything in my setting, if you’d like to tweak something, we can discuss.

RACES: Aasimar, Aetherborn, Aven, Dragonborn, Dwarves, Elves (Drow, High, Wood), Firbolg, Goliath, Gnomes, Goblins, Half-Elf, Half-Orc, Halflings, Hobgoblins, Human, Kenku, Kobolds, Leonine, Merfolk, Minotaurs, Orc, Panderians, Shadar-Kai, Shokan, Tabaxi, Tiefling, Tortle, Vedalken, Warforged,

HUMANS: 0 pts
ABILITIES: None
SKILLS: None
ADVANTAGES: None
POWERS: None
COMPLICATIONS:
NOTES: Humans are the base race for the setting and as such, they have no special abilities.

AASIMAR: 16 pts
ABILITIES: +2 PRE
ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Languages (1) (Celestial, Infernal, Base: Common)
POWERS: None
COMPLICATIONS:
Aasimar Senses: Senses 4 (Darkvision, Detect Celestials [Mental, Ranged]); 4 pts
Aasimar Physiology: Immunity 10 (Necrotic Damage [Flaw: Limited to half effect], Radiant Damage [Flaw: Limited to half effect); 5 pts
Full of Life: Feature 1 (You radiate an additional degree of life-force, promoting the health and well-being of living things around you, such that anything growing or healing in your presence gains a +2 circumstance bonus to any necessary checks); 1 pt
NOTES: Aasimar are human-based planetouched, native outsiders that had in their blood some good, otherworldly characteristics. They were often, but not always, descended from angels and other creatures of pure good alignment, but while predisposed to good alignments, aasimar are by no means always good.

AETHERBORN: 24 pts
ABILITIES: +1 STR, +1 STA, +1 PRE
ADVANTAGES: Languages (1) (Common, 1 other, Base: Rajadeshi), Trance
POWERS:
Aetherborn Physiology: Immunity 2 (Starvation and thirst, Sleep), Senses 3 (Darkvision, Low-light Vision), Protection 1; 6 pts
Aetherborn Empathy: Senses 3 (Detect Emotions [Mental], Acute Ranged); 3 pts
Lifeforce Drain: Weaken Stamina 3 (Extra: Linked [Healing], Reach [5 ft]), Healing 3 (Extra: Linked [Weaken, Flaw: Limited to self only); 7 pts
COMPLICATIONS:
Genderless: Aetherborn are genderless.
Hedonist: Due to the fact that aetherborn only live a few years at the maximum, most of aetherborn are all about living life to the fullest.
Monstrous Appearance: Aetherborn are obvious to spot due to their glowing eyes and grey skin that may be cracking as they slowly return to the aether there were born of.
NOTES: See my description of Aetherborn on my setting/build thread.

AVEN: 24 pts
ABILITIES: +1 AGL, +1 AWE
ADVANTAGES: Favored Environment (Flying), Languages (1) (Common, 1 other, Base: Aven)
POWERS:
Aven Physiology: Senses 2 (Normal Vision [Extended], Low-light Vision), Feature 1 (Insulating Feathers [Provides limited Immunity to Environmental Cold and Heat); 3 pts
Avian Adaptation: Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation [High altitude]), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Improved Defense, Move-by Action, Flaw: Limited to when flying), Enhanced Skills 2 (Acrobatics 4 ranks, Flaw: Limited to when flying), Enhanced Dodge 2 (Flaw: Limited to when flying), Enhanced Parry 2 (Flaw: Limited to when flying), Enhanced Strength 2 (400 lbs; Flaw: Limited to lifting, limited when flying); 7 pts
Wings: Flight 1 (4 mph/60 fpr; Flaw: Winged); 2 pts
Talons: Slashing Strength-based Damage 1 (Extra: Split, Quirk: Most be able to use feet); 1 pt
COMPLICATIONS: None
NOTES: Aven are winged humanoids of varying appearance depending on what part of Gloriant are in. All have bird-like heads, but some have human arms, other have hands on the outsides of their wings.

DRAGONBORN 21 pts
ABILITIES: +1 STR, +1 STA, +1 PRE
ADVANTAGES: Languages (1) (Draconic, 1 other, Base: Common)
POWERS:
Dragon Lineage: Immunity 10 (Heat/Fire/Cold/Acid/Electrical Effects [pick one depending on Draconic lineage], Flaw: Limited to half effect); 5 pts
Dragonborn Senses: Senses 3 (Infravision, Low-Light Vision, Scent [Acute]); 3 pts
Claws: Slashing Strength-based Damage 1 (Extra: Split); 2 pts
Almost Vestigial Wings: Leaping 2 (30 ft); 2 pts
Dragon Breath: Cone Area Damage 3 (Heat/Fire/Cold/Acid/Electrical Effects [pick one depending on Draconic lineage], Flaw: Diminished Range [30 ft cone], Unreliable [5 uses], Quirk: Dragonborn must recharge their Dragon Breath power every 1-2 rounds. GMs roll 1-10 (2 rounds), 11-20 (1 round) to determine); 2 pts
COMPLICATIONS:
NOTES: Dragonborn’s breath weapon damage is limited to half their PL rounded up. Dragonborn are strong, hearty and charismatic.

DWARVES: 21 pts
ABILITIES: +2 STA
SKILLS: Expertise [Mining] +4
ADVANTAGES: Favored Environment (Combat against Giants), Favored Foe (Giants), Languages (1) (Common, Giant, Base; Dwarven)
POWERS:
Dwarven Physiology: Enhanced Strength 2 (Flaw: Limited to Resisting Movement), Senses 1 (Low Light Vision), Feature 1 (Longevity); 4 pts
Natural Geologist: Feature 1 (You can determine the type of any stone you encounter simply by touching [or perhaps even tasting] it); 1 pt
Stonework Knowledge: Feature 1 (You can tell if a stone surface is natural or worked with tools [or even shaped by earth powers] simply by touching or looking at it); 1 pt
Underground Sense: Feature 1 (You can automatically sense when you are underground, as well as the approximate depth); 1 pt
Never Lost in a Mine: Senses 1 (Direction Sense, Flaw: Limited to when underground]); 1 pt
Stubbornness of Dwarves: Immunity 5 (Interaction Effects, Flaw: Limited to half effect); 3 pts
Giant's Bane: Enhanced Advantages 4 (Defensive Strike, Improved Defense, Power Attack 2 [chosen weapon, Unarmed], Flaw Limited to against giants); 2 pts
NOTES: In my setting, dwarves are…well, dwarves. Surly, tough and they love goooooooooold…

ELF (WOOD): 24 pts
ABILITIES: +2 AGL, +2 DEX
SKILLS: Acrobatics +4
ADVANTAGES: Languages (1) (Common, Sylvan, Base: Elven), Move-by Action
POWERS:
Elven Senses: Senses 4 (Normal Vision [Extended], Darkvision, Low-light Vision); 4 pts
Elven Physiology: Immunity 11 (Sleep, Charm Effects [Flaw: Limited to half effect], Sleep Effects [Flaw: Limited to magical effects]), Feature 1 (Longevity); 7 pts
Woodland Stride: Movement 1 (Trackless, Flaw: Limited to woodland/forest areas]); 1 pt
COMPLICATIONS:
NOTES: None of the elves in my setting are particularly magical innately, at least in the ability to cast spells, but they have a higher percentage of sorcerers and wizards than other races because of their lineage. They are extremely effective, stick and move combatants, though. A highly trained elf can be a mook sweeping machine like Legolas.

ELF (HIGH): 23 pts
ABILITIES: +2 AGL, +2 DEX, +1 PRE
ADVANTAGES: Languages (1) (Common, 1 other, Base: Elven), Move-by Action
POWERS:
Elven Senses: Senses 4 (Normal Vision [Extended], Darkvision, Low-light Vision); 4 pts
Elven Physiology: Immunity 11 (Sleep, Charm Effects [Flaw: Limited to half effect], Sleep Effects [Flaw: Limited to magical effects]), Feature 1 (Longevity); 7 pts
NOTES: High Elves are a bit more haughty than Wood Elves and slightly better fighters on the whole, but lack the Wood Elves affinity with nature.

ELF (DROW): 25 pts
ABILITIES: +2 AGL, +2 DEX
ADVANTAGES: Languages (1) (Common, Undercommon, Base: Elven), Move-by Action
POWERS:
Darkness: Burst Area Concealment 2 (Visual, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Flaw: Activation 2 [Standard Action], Unreliable [5 uses]); 2 pts
Vulnerable: While Drow can generally function in normal lighting, bright lighting impairs their eyesight and they are vulnerable to light based visual effects.
NOTES: High Elves are a bit more haughty than Wood Elves and slightly better fighters on the whole, but lack the Wood Elves affinity with nature.

FIRBOLG: 25 pts
ABILITIES: +1 STR, +1 AWE
ADVANTAGES: Languages (1) (Common, Elvish, Base: Giant)
POWERS:
Firbolg Size: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 5 pts
Firbolg Hide: Protection 1; 1 pt
Long Lived: Feature 1 (Longevity); 1 pt
Speech of Beast and Leaf: Comprehend 3 (Speak Understand Plants and Animals): 6 pts
Firbolg Magic: 5 pt Array, Flaw: Unreliable (5 uses); 7 pts
Disguise Self: Morph 1 (Single form; smaller version of self); 5 pts
Hidden Step: Concealment 2 (Visual); 1 pt
Detect Magic: Detect Magic (Mental, Ranged); 1 pt
COMPLICATIONS:
Rivalry: Firbolgs do not get along with most other giants.
NOTES: Building a Firbolg can be expensive but it’s worth it. They are awesome bases for druids and rangers on top of being solid bricks.

GOLIATH: 22 pts
ABILITIES: +2 STR, +1 STA
SKILLS: Athletics +4
ADVANTAGES: Languages (1) (Common, 1 others, Base: Gol-Kaa)
POWERS:
Goliath Size: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 5 pts
Goliath Hide: Immunity 1 (Environmental Cold), Protection 2; 3 pts
Stonework Knowledge: Feature 1 (You can tell if a stone surface is natural or worked with tools [or even shaped by earth powers] simply by touching or looking at it); 1 pt
Mountain Movement: Enhanced Skills 2 (Athletics 4 ranks, Flaw: Limited to climb checks), Leaping 1 (15 ft), Movement 2 (Environmental Adaptation, Sure-Footed 2 [Reduce penalty by 2 ranks, Flaw: Limited to mountainous terrain]); 4 pts
NOTES: Goliaths are giant-kin that normally live high in the mountains.

GNOME: 17 pts
ABILITIES: +1 DEX, +1 INT
ADVANTAGES: Languages (1) (Common, 1 other, Base: Gnome)
POWERS:
Gnome Size: Shrinking 4 (-1 Str, +2 Dodge/Parry, +4 Stealth, -2 Intimidation, Speed -1, -1 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 9 pts
Gnome Senses: Senses 1 (Low-light Vision); 1 pt
Dancing Lights: Feature 1 (You can generate and refract light around you to create a harmless, shimmering “light show” of color, good for a circumstance bonus to interaction skills in situations where it can impress others); 1 pt
Prestidigitation: Feature 1 (You can create minor illusions as “magic tricks” primarily suitable for entertainment, but potentially good for a circumstance bonus for interaction skills or to distract targets from other happenings); 1 pt
COMPLICATIONS:
Curiosity Killed the Gnome: Gnomes are extremely curious about the world around them and this can sometimes get them into trouble.
NOTES: As I have mentioned before, I’ve never been a fan of the little people races in fantasy settings. I don’t think I’ve ever played a halfling or a gnome or anything of the sort, ever. But, since they’re a staple of RPG worlds, here are gnomes for the Gloriant setting.

GOBLINS: 15 pts
ABILITIES: +1 AGL
ADVANTAGES: Languages (1) (Most speak Common, 1 other, Base: Goblin), Move-by Action
POWERS:
Goblin Size: Shrinking 4 (-1 Str, +2 Dodge/Parry, +4 Stealth, -2 Intimidation, Speed -1, -1 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 9 pts
Shifty: Speed 1 (4 [2] mph/60 [30] fpr); 1 pt
Goblinoid Senses: Senses 1 (Low-light Vision); 1 pt
NOTES: Goblins are small, cowardly creatures that might actually be the most populous humanoid race in Gloriant.

HALF-ELF: 23 pts
ABILITIES: +1 AGL, +1 DEX, +2 PRE
SKILLS: Acrobatics +2, Persuasion +2
ADVANTAGES: Languages (1) (Common, 1 other, Base: Elven), Move-by Action
POWERS:
NOTES: Half-Elves are known for getting the best of humanity and the best of elves so they’ve always been a popular option in D&D. Mine are basically just a tweak of the elven template so they’re closer to elves than humans in my setting.

HALF-ORC: 10 pts
ABILITIES: +2 STR, +1 STA
ADVANTAGES: Languages (1) (Orc, 1 other, Base: Common)
POWERS:
Orc Senses: Senses 3 (Darkvision, Scent [Acute]); 3 pts
NOTES: Half-Orcs often have a hard way to go in human societies but some thrive.

HALFLING: 20 pts
ABILITIES: +2 AGL, +1 DEX
ADVANTAGES: Languages (1) (Common, 1 other, Base: Halfling), Luck (1) (Improve Roll), Move-by Action
POWERS:
Halfling Size: Shrinking 4 (-1 Str, +2 Dodge/Parry, +4 Stealth, -2 Intimidation, Speed -1, -1 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 9 pts
Halfling Physiology: Feature 1 (Longevity), Senses 1 (Low-light Vision); 2 pts
COMPLICATIONS:
Underestimated: Because of their small nature, halflings are often underestimated by foes. That usually comes back to bite them…
NOTES: Halflings in my setting are pretty much the same as in most settings. Curious but practical and most would prefer to be in their hobbit holes as opposed to adventuring. But the ones that get out are often very successful at the adventuring life.

HOBGOBLINS: 4 pts
ABILITIES: None
SKILLS: Expertise [Military] 4 (+4)
ADVANTAGES: Languages (1) (Most speak Common, 1 other, Base: Goblin)
POWERS:
Goblinoid Senses: Senses 1 (Low-light Vision); 1 pt
NOTES: Hobgoblins used to seem superfluous to me, but I like their new incarnation as bigger, more organized militaristic goblins. Some people see them as orc strong, if not stronger, but I like them a little weaker, but more agile and better in combat.

KENKU: 13 pts
ABILITIES: +2 AGL, +1 DEX, +1 AWE
ADVANTAGES: Languages (1) (Common, 1 other, Base: Kenku), Move-by Action
POWERS:
Kenku Voice Mimicry: Illusion 2 (Auditory, Flaw: Limited to voices); 2 pts
Kenku Senses: Senses 1 (Low-light Vision); 1 pt
NOTES: I have always loved Kenku. They are my one exception to disliking smaller humanoid races. Kenku rogues rock.

KOBOLDS: 24 pts
ABILITIES: +1 AGL
SKILLS: Expertise [Traps] +4
ADVANTAGES: Languages (1) (Draconic, a handful speak Common, Base: Kobold), Move-by Action e
POWERS:
Kobold Size: Shrinking 4 (-1 Str, +2 Dodge/Parry, +4 Stealth, -2 Intimidation, Speed -1 [1 mph/15 fpr], -1 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 9 pts
Reptilian Senses: Senses 4 (Infravision, Darkvision, Scent [Acute]); 4 pts
Skittery: Speed 1 (4 [2] mph; 30 fpr); 1 pt
Tunnel Dwellers: Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation [Underground/Tunnels]); 2 pts
COMPLICATIONS:
Dragon Kin (Kinda…): Kobolds believe they are distant cousins of dragons (which most dragons dispute) and are drawn to serve and even worship them.
Weakness: Being cold-blooded creatures, they do not deal well with cold temperatures and take an extra degree of failure against cold based effects.
NOTES: The most frightening creatures in the known multiverse, Kobolds…

LEONINE: 23 pts
ABILITIES: +1 STR, +1 STA, +1 AGL
ADVANTAGES: Languages (1) (Common, 1 other, Base: Leonine)
POWERS:
Roar: Enhanced Skills 2 (Intimidation 4 ranks, Extra: Action [Move Action], Flaw: Sense-dependent), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Startle, Ultimate Effort [Intimidation Checks], Extra: Action [Move Action], Flaw: Sense-dependent); 4 pts
Leonine Senses: Senses 2 (Low-Light Vision, Senses 1 (Scent [Acute]); 2 pts
Tough Hide: Protection 2, Feature 1 (Insulating Fur); 3 pts
Swift Hunter: Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr), Leaping 1 (15 ft); 2 pts
Claws/Bite: Strength-based Damage 1 (Extra: Dangerous, Split, Variable Descriptor [Slashing, Piercing]), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Athletics 4 ranks, Flaw: Limited to climb checks); 5 pts
COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Leonine hate the water and are very poor swimmers.
Enemy: Leonine and Rakshasas have an eons old hatred of each other.
Monstrous Appearance: Leonine are rarely seen in areas traditionally populated by the more common humanoid races and their appearance can be unsettling for some.
NOTES: Leonine, or lion-folk have tribes in Athanos, Jatar, Rajadesh, Vandalay and Zaganda and can be found all over Gloriant but normally in secluded areas as they do not have a great history with humans.

MERFOLK: 19 pts
ABILITIES: + 1 STR, +1 STA, +1 PRE
ADVANTAGES: Favored Environment (Underwater), Languages (1) (Common, Sylvan, Base: Merfolk)
POWERS:
Aquatic: Immunity 3 (Cold, Drowning, Pressure), Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation: Aquatic), Senses 1 (Low-light Vision); 6 pts
Aquatic Movement: Swimming 3 (4 mph/60 fpr), Enhanced Athletics 4 (Flaw: Limited to swim checks); 5 pts
COMPLICATIONS:
Vulnerable: Merfolk can function on land for an extended period of time, but must ingest or be immersed in water on a daily basis or risk impaired, disability, incapacitation and eventually death if dry for too long.
NOTES: You have to have a water based race in your setting. Merfolk in Gloriant would be more of the equivalent of tritons from 5E. They are found in every area of Gloriant where there are significant bodies of water.

MINOTAURS: 27 pts
ABILITIES: +2 STR, +2 STA, -1 INT, -1 PRE
ADVANTAGES: Favored Environment (Mazes/Labyrinths), Languages (1) (Many speak Common but not all, Giant, Base: Minotaur),
POWERS:
Minotaur Size: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass; Extra: Innate); 5 pts
Minotaur Senses: Senses 7 (Normal Hearing [Extended], Darkvision, Scent [Acute, Ranged, Extended]); 7 pts
Gore: Piercing Strength-based Damage 2 (Flaw: Limited to when charging); 1 pt
Tough Hide: Protection 1, Impervious Toughness 2, Feature 1 (Insulating Fur); 4 pts
Maze Masters: Enhanced Skills 3 (Stealth 6 ranks, Flaw: Limited to when in mazes/labyrinths), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Improved Defense, Tracking, Flaw: Limited to when mazes/labyrinths), Senses 2 (Direction Sense, Time Sense, Flaw: Limited to when in mazes/labyrinths); 4 pts
COMPLICATIONS:
Temper: Minotaurs are known for their towering rages that often cause them to act erratically.
NOTES: Minotaurs are big brutes that can provide serious muscle to a party.

ORCS: 8 pts
ABILITIES: +2 STR, +2 STA, -1 INT, -1 PRE
ADVANTAGES: Great Endurance, Languages (1) (Goblin, some speak Common, Base: Orc)
POWERS:
Orc Senses: Senses 3 (Darkvision, Scent [Acute]); 3 pts
COMPLICATIONS:
Temper: Orcs are generally foul-tempered, which makes it difficult for them to remain organized as well as causing them to make rash, and often inadvisable, decisions.
Vulnerable: Orcs prefer the dark. They are vulnerable to light based effects and should be considered impaired when operating in bright light for extended periods.
NOTES: In the Gloriant setting, Orcs, while still foul, temperamental and selfish, seem to be generating rumors of them getting better organized as a species again after years of small clans fending for themselves after the end of the Second Great War.

PANDERIANS: 10 pts
ABILITIES: +1 STR, +1 STA
ADVANTAGES: Languages (1) (Common, 1 other, Base: Panderian)
POWERS:
Panderian Physique: Feature 2 (Increased Mass, Insulating Fur), Protection 1; 3 pts
Panderian Senses: Senses 2 (Low-light Vision, Scent [Acute]); 2 pts
COMPLICATIONS:
Reputation: Panda Folk are known for their hearty appetites, love of drink and being deceptively effective combatants.
NOTES: Love panda folk. In my setting, Panderians can be found in many places but originated in Kurikami and are most populous there.

SHADAR-KAI: 11 pts
ABILITIES: +1 AGL, +1 DEX, +1 INT
ADVANTAGES: Move-by Action
POWERS:
Shadar-Kai Senses: Senses 2 (Darkvision); 2 pts
Shadow Jaunt: Teleport 1 (60 ft; Extra: Increased Mass 2 [200 lbs], Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]); 2 pts
COMPLICATIONS:
Reputation: Shadar-Kai are known for being hard, if not downright cruel beings.
NOTES: Shadar-kai are of the Shadowfell, the opposites of the Eladrin of the Feywild. Ages spent in the Shadowfell have shaped the Shadar-kai into a people that live passionately and fearlessly to combat the apathy and gloom of their home plane. Shadar-kai society is meritocratic and based on power and prestige of great deeds. Most Shadar-kai do not fear death and live for the moment, or risk succumbing to ennui and fading out of existence, experimenting in all sorts of stimulation and extremes.

SHOKAN: 16 pts
ABILITIES: +2 STR, +2 STA, -1 INT
ADVANTAGES: Benefit (1) (Ambidexterity), Languages (1) (Common, 1 other, Base: Shokan)
POWERS:
Shokan Physiology: Feature 1 (Longevity), Senses 4 (Infravision, Low-light Vision, Scent [Acute, Extended]), Extra Limbs 2 (2 extra arms, Extra: Innate), Leaping 1 (15 ft); 8 pts
NOTES: Shokan are large, but in most case not more than medium size, four armed humanoids. I stole them from MK and Jab’s idea to use them as a race in my fantasy setting. They generally come from the domain of Kurikami.

TABAXI: 19 pts
ABILITIES: +2 AGL, +1 INT, +1 PRE
ADVANTAGES: Languages 1 (2 others, Base: Common), Move-by Action
POWERS:
Tabaxi Physiology: Feature 1 (Insulating Fur), Enhanced Skills 2 (Perception 2 ranks, Stealth 2 ranks), Senses 3 (Low-light Vision, Darkvision), Speed 1 (60 fpr/4 mph); 7 pts
Tabaxi Claws: Slashing Strength-based Damage 1 (Extra: Dangerous), Enhanced Skills 2 (Athletics 4 ranks, Flaw: Limited to climb checks); 2 pts
NOTES: Tabaxi are cat people that were reintroduced in 5E. They’re pretty neat so I wanted them in my setting. They make great thieves, bards and rogues.

TIEFLING: 14 pts
ABILITIES: +1 PRE
ADVANTAGES: Languages (1) (Draconic, Infernal, Base: Common),
POWERS:
Hellish Resistance: Immunity 10 (Fire Damage, Flaw: Limited to half effect); 5 pts
Tiefling Physiology: Senses 2 (Darkvision), Immunity 2 (Environmental Cold, Environmental Heat); 4 pts
Tail: Extra Limbs 1 (Prehensile Tail); 1 pt
COMPLICATIONS:
Monstrous Appearance: Some people find the horned head and tail of Tieflings unsettling and they cannot blend into human environemnts well.
NOTES: Tieflings are derived from human bloodlines, and in the broadest possible sense, they still look human. However, their infernal heritage has left a clear imprint on their appearance. Tieflings have large horns that take any of a variety of shapes: some have curling horns like a ram, others have straight and tall horns like a gazelle’s, and some spiral upward like an antelopes’ horns. They have thick tails, four to five feet long, which lash or coil around their legs when they get upset or nervous. Their canine teeth are sharply pointed, and their eyes are solid colors—black, red, white, silver, or gold—with no visible sclera or pupil. Their skin tones cover the full range of human coloration, but also include various shades of red. Their hair, cascading down from behind their horns, is usually dark, from black or brown to dark red, blue, or purple.

TORTLES: 15 pts
ABILITIES: +2 STR, +1 AWE
ADVANTAGES: Languages 1 (Aquan, 1 other, Base: Common)
POWERS:
Turtle Physiology: Immunity 1 (Suffocation [Drowning], Flaw: Limited [hold breath for an hour]), Swimming 2 (2 mph/30 fpr), Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation [Aquatic Environments); 5 pts
Shell: Feature 1 (Can retract head and limbs), Protection 1; 2 pts
Turtle Up: Enhanced Advantages 1 (Withstand Damage); 1 pt
NOTES: Tortles rock. Tortles are born near sandy coastlines, but as soon as they're able to walk on two legs, they become nomad survivalists eager to explore the wilderness, experience its many wonders, put their skills to the test, and make new acquaintances..

VEDALKEN: 9 or 11 pts
ABILITIES: +2 INT
SKILLS: Expertise [Science] +4
ADVANTAGES: Languages (1) (2 other, Base: Common), Second Chance (1) (Will checks against Magical Effects)
POWERS:
Long Lifespan: Feature 1 (Longevity); 1 pt
Optional Mutation:
Four-Armed: Extra Limbs 2 (2 Arms); 2 pts
COMPLICATIONS:
Aloof: Vedalken are overly logical and analytical and do not concern themselves with emotional attachments in most cases.
Obsession: Vedalken are infinite curious about the world and how it works and know that nothing is perfect, but that doesn't mean that can't try to make things so.
NOTES: Vedalken are one of my favorite races in the Magic the Gathering setting. They are pretty much a race of Sheldon Coopers; brilliant but no social skills. Some of them are four-armed on different planes in that setting so some could be in Gloriant as well. They are most prevalent in Rajadesh.

WARFORGED: 26 pts
ABILITIES: +1 STA
ADVANTAGES: Diehard, Fearless, Great Endurance, Languages (1) (Arcane, 1 other, Base: Common)
POWERS:
Armored Body: Protection 4, Impervious Protection 3, Feature 1 (Increased Mass); 8 pts
Perfect Soldiers: Immunity 12 (Disease, Environmental Cold, Environmental Heat, Nausea, Paralysis, Poison, Pressure, Sleep, Starvation/Thirst, Suffocation [No need to breathe]); 12 pts
COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Warforged cannot heal damage on their own, they must be repaired by someone with magical construct knowledge.
Emotionally Stunted: Warforged are often lacking in personality due their creation, but most ponder their existence and look for ways to fit into the world.
NOTES: Humans are the base race for the setting and as such, they have no special abilities.

--
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Just in case...

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Reserved
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

Just in case 2

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Reserved 2
MacynSnow

Re: THORPOCAVERSE FANTASY GAME - RECRUITING THREAD (UNTIL 8/23-ish)

Post by MacynSnow »

(As Berend)
(in his guise of The Dwarf)
"Mayhaps i'm not the nicest person you'll be meetin' this day,but i can help you deal this lot...." Berend "The Dwarf" Talnoth
BEREND TALNOTH
PL-5/80 OPL:5 DPL:5 H.P.:2 Wealth Rank(Wr):8
Archtype: Rogue Investigator
Height:4-2
Weight:164
Hair:Deep Brown
Eyes:Black
Race:Mountain Dwarf
Alignment:Hero-Chaotic Good
Relations:Father(Elder Council Harbek Talnoth-living), Mother(Lady Riswynn Talnoth-living), Elder Brother(Thunderhold Captain Iedin Talnoth-living), Elder Sister(Smithy Serena Talnoth-Aeducan-living), two younger Sisters(Wizardess-in-training Diesa Talnoth-living and Gurdis Talnoth-Deseased), "Adopted Daughter"(Female Half-Ork Tavern Brawler/Commoner Lyrianna Talnoth -living)
Base of Operation:103 Blackstone Alley Darrax, Mobile
Affiliations:Kormiant City Guard, (Unamed Adventuring Party)
Favorite Music:Markisio's String fellowship(Fallout 4 radio:Radio Freedom/Minutemen)
Reason For Adventuring:Berend originally set out from Thunderhold many years ago to do some good with the skills he was taught.The years however,have not been kind to Talnoth.And now,while he still do good in the world(though he's lost a lot of his faith in People),he intends to set aside a "Nest Egg" and Retire wealthy...
Why he may have to be Away:As much as Berend blames his family for the death of his little sister(Specifically his Eldest Brother Iedin),if the Family need's his aid he'll come running(though you'll hear him cussing in Dwarven the whole way).Since he also works for the Darrax Guard as "The Dwarf",he may be called away for any number of "Special Assignments"...
Why He might have to leave:The death of his Father (and Clan head) would force Berend(as one of only 2 boy's in the family) to return back to Thunderhold and take up his elder brother's old responsibilities.He could also have gathered enough riches to finally retire and become the "Party Patron"...

ABILITIES(28pnts.): STRENGTH 2 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 1 DEXTERITY 2 FIGHTING 3 INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESSENCE 1

SKILLS(15pnts.): Expertise:Mining 2(+3)-Streetwise 3(+4) Athletics 2(+4) Insight 3(+5) Intimidation 2(+3) Investigation 3(+4) Perception 2(+4) Persuasion 2(+3) Technology 1(+2) Stealth 2 (+4) Sleight of Hand 2(+4 for Picking locks) Close Combat:Axes 2(+5)-Short Blades 2(+5) Range Combat:Throwing 2(+4)-Crossbow 1 (+4)

ADVANTAGES(15pnts.) : Favored Environment(Combat-vs.Giants), Favored Foe(Giants), Languages 2 (Goblin, Orc, Common,Thieves' Cant Base: Dwarven), Equipment(5), Contacts, Well-informed, Ultimate Effort:Investigation, Benefit: Security Clearence(City Guardsman)-Alternate Identity(The Dwarf), Tracking

POWERS(18pnts.):
Dwarven Physiology: Enhanced Strength 2(Flaw:limited to Resisting Movement), Senses 1(low-light vision), Feature 1 (Longevity)=4 points
Natural Geologist: Feature 1(Determine type of stone encountered simply by touch)=1 point
Stonework Knowledge: Feature 1(Can tell if a Stone surface is natural or has been worked on by any means by touching or looking at it)=1 point
Underground Sense: Feature 1(Can automatically sense when underground as well as approximate depth)=1 point
Never Lost In A Mine: Senses 1(Direction Sense, Flaw:limited to when underground)=1 point
Dwarven Stubborness: Immunity 5(Interaction Effects, Flaw:limited to half effects)=3 points
Giant's Bane: Enhanced Advantages 4 (Defensive Strike, Improved Defense, Power Attack 2[Handaxe,Unarmed ], Flaw:limited to against giants )=2 points
Trained Thief: Enhanced Skills 4 (Technology 8 ranks, Flaw:limited to lockpicking/bypassing Security)=2 points
Backstab: Pirecing Strength-based Damage 0, Enhanced Advantages 4 (Improved Crit 4:Short blade 2,Axes 2)--Extras:Multiattack 3, Penetrating 2 , Flaw:limited to Vulnerable opponents, Requires light weapon(Daggers, Shuriken, Shortsword, Rapier)=3 points

Magic Items:
None

EQUIPMENT:
25 points
Studded Leather Armor--Protection 2 2pnt.
Adventurer's Kit--Backpack, Bedroll, Flint&Steel, (Empty)Belt Pouch, (Empty)Sack, (10 days) Trail Rations, (5)Torches, Waterskin, 5pnts.
Masterwork Thieves' Tools--Tools, Technology;+2 to Sleight of Hand to pick locks 2pnt
Light Crossbow-- Range Piercing Damage 2; Dangerous 5pnts.
Pair of Kukris--Piercing Strength-based Damage 2; Dangerous 3pnt.
Pair of Handaxes--Slashing Strength-based Damage 1 2pnt
Throwing Axes--Ranged Slashing Strength-based damage 1 2pnt

103 Blackstone Alley 4 points
Size:Small Toughness: 6 Features:Library - Living Space - Personnel(Lyrianna-Female Half-Ork Tavern Brawler/Commoner, Neutral Good) - Workshop

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +3(Unarmed+3)
Short Blades +5 (Kukri's+5 Crit 17-20,Kukri backstab +5 Crit 17-20, Multiattack)
Handaxes +5 (Handaxe+5 Crit 19-20, Handaxe backstab +5 Crit 17-20, Multiattack)
Ranged Attack +2
Throwing Axes +4 (Throwing Axes+4 Crit 17-20, Throwing Axes backstab+5 Crit 17-20, Multiattack)
Light Crossbow +3 (Crossbow+3 Crit 17-20, Crossbow backstab+3 Crit 17-20, Multiattack)

DEFENSE(6pnts.):
Dodge +4(DC 16) Parry +4(DC 16) Toughness +4 Fortitude +3 Will +3

COMPLICATIONS
Reputation=Dwarves are known to be crass, ill-tempered, and treasure Mad...
Temper=like all his kin, Berend has a bit of a mean streak when he's riled...
Enemy=Besides all the typical Dwarven ones(Giant's&Drow Elves), Berend(in his cover I.D. Of "The Dwarf") recently ran afowl of the Darrax Thieves Guild when he caused the Guard to raid one of their Hideouts...
Motivation(Doing Good)=Despite his crumduggeon attitude and Cynicism,Berend still can be motivated by a sob story or cry for help....
Relationships= In spite of how he left his home,Berend still loves his family and will come running to the aid of both Clan Talnoth and Thunderhold.He also see's the Half-Ork Lyrianna as a Daughter(despite arguing to the contrary) and has been looking out for her since she was little....

BACKGROUND:
Berend grew-up the middle of 5 children(but only the Second Boy) in the great dwarven Kingdom of Thunderhold.He learned to be a Guardsman under his elder Brother while learning Politics from his father and all seemed right with the world.....untill it all came crashing down like a rotted Beam in a mine shaft.Berend's youngest sister was killed by Bandits just outside Thunderhold(he blames his brother for not taking care of the problem earlier,as he knew there was reports of a potential Bandit Camp nearby),and the family never really recovered. Berend started using his Father's teaching's and mixed it with his brother's Training to hunt down&kill ever bandit that was involved,to the near detriment of everything else.Picking up the Identity of "The Dwarf" during his attacks,Berend left Thunderhold after dropping the head of the last bandit responsible for the attack onto his brother's Desk and hasn't been back since....
Berend's Case Files on the Adventuring Group
103 Blackstone Alley,Darrax High Clock-Cadu,in the Month of Sabuary
I had been working around the house,as was my want on Cadus,when i heard my 'Father' come stomping down the stairs and into the kitchen ,muttering his usual string of light curses.Placing a plate of Food and a strong cup of the odd Gnomish drink he liked so much(I think they call it "Coffee"?) i said to him mirthfully
"Good noon father,sleep well?"
he gave me a mock glare as he took a long drink of the strange brew,then replied,as he dug into his meal
"Good enough fer what maybe happening soon,girl.Anythin' happen while i be sleeping?"
Taking a seat near my surrogate father, i replied to him
"Captain Brinnik stopped by with a couple of cases he thought you might be intrested in.He also dropped off some files of Adventurer's that could help out..."i dropped the hint to him.He gave me a look,but i neither flinched or looked away.This had been an old argument we'd had for quite some time.I had tried several times to talk him into getting assistance in some of his more...violence-ladened Cases(I had lost my mother when i was young,so i refused to lose any other family members to violence if i could help it),so this was old-hat for me& him.Holding my gaze for a few moments more,he let out a grunting assurtation as he went back to finishing his meal and i couldn't help but squeal a little as i gave him a hug....
I later found myself going over his notes involving his thoughts about the other's he was travelling with(I didn't touch the file involving the Thieves Guild,as it was still ongoing).
"Zezzaka:Seem's like a decent sort to work with,though a bit too 'logic' driven fer me personal taste.Lestway's she won't be too much a liability.Could tone down the eagerness fer a fight,though...
Bear the BarBEARian:I originally thought Brinnik was yanking my beard on this one,but turned out he wasn't!I'd like to Punch-out the fool Tree-hugger what did this to this poor,confused animal. * Sigh*, at least Lyrianna won't be botherin' me to get her a pet anymore...
Tae-Phoon:I'd heard rumor that someone got on Ying-Tae's bad side while he&his missus were visitin' family back in Kurikami.Apparently,this is the culprit.Get the feeling i'm gonna need ta keep him outa that type of trouble here.Nice kid,otherwise...
Ankara:She remind's me a lot of Lyrianna,only more agressive-minded.The fact her family all but rejected her at birth hasn't sold me on Shotokan's either.If i can get her to calm down a bit,she'd make a Good Fighter.If i get her to be friends with Lyrianna and she manages to get her to lighten up a mite,i consider it a double win...
Master Lemidora:Now this is a lass i haven't seen in years(not since i travelled ta Kurikami while on a case) Yeah, she's a little brain-addled and not as spry as she used ta be,but it'll be nice workin' with the old Tortle again...
Khu-Amon: Lad's hiding something,though fer the life o'me i can't tell...Seems to be decent sort nonetheless,though he tend's ta have too much o'the Wandering hands for my like,especially if i saw him lookin' at lyrianna that way....
Jegherda "Jade":Reminds me a lot of Lyrianna so much,she could be a long-lost Sister.Knew some Dancer's when i was a pepple,so i have respect fer what they do(Though i can't dance a lic),so i'll try an take her underwing so i'cn get a bit more Confidence inta her..."
Lenya'ra Shwartzgrendt: Ran inta her a couple times when she was workin' with Arko's Fist.Good girl with a decent on her shoulders.The local wild tend ta treat her strangely,though...."
Irene Everleigh:I can't help but feel sorry fer the lass,as all she did what she thought was right an now she's stuck bound ta a Deamoness.I'll try an do whut i can,regardless..."
Yasmira Spiritsong:Another one a those wierd Fortune-teller's Kurikami folk,though this lass is alsa half-Konstantinopilan.I get the feeling that she see's more than what's she says...."
Last edited by MacynSnow on Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:20 pm, edited 38 times in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Sweet! Totally making a character for this at some point! A Shokan is tempting, but a Giantess-- I mean, GOLIATH--- character could be tempting :).
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I am working on narrowing down 3, maybe 4 potential ideas...

Doing mock build ups to see if I can even build them on the point budget, which if I can't means the concept is probably too strong for the PL. >_>
Ghost of Krypton

Post by Ghost of Krypton »

Cool rogue MacynSnow! Might I suggest that you change the Linited on the backstab to Vulnerable opponents? It makes for less dice rolling in a PbP and you can still set it up solo with an Ambush or Feint. At least that's my thought process ...

Second question, this one for Thorp, an Affliction with the flaw Instant Recovery. I take this as meaning that at the End of the Targets next turn, when they'd normally roll to resist the conditions it automatically drops. That would mean you could Surge to take advantage of the inflicted conditions, and any allies who act after you but before the target could do the same?

Just checking as I go into build mode. :)
Plan b

Post by Plan b »

I'm considering pitching an awakened bear as a "barbarian".

Just thought i ask if the concept was ok before building it.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

So for Eladrin (mentioned in the Shadar-Kai writeup), just use High Elf with an Unreliable (5 uses)Teleport?

I have a couple of ideas, mined from 4e and 5e character files- I just have to see which ones can be built M&M style with this PL budget.

1. High elf/eladrin Swordmage (Elegant, courtly)
2. Tabaxi scout/ninja
3. Human ranger (think Dora Milaje, with a dose of lion lycanthrope)
4. Human priestess of the sun god/Sun Soul monk
5. Elven archer
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:34 am I am working on narrowing down 3, maybe 4 potential ideas...

Doing mock build ups to see if I can even build them on the point budget, which if I can't means the concept is probably too strong for the PL. >_>
Well, so far the mockups work great for pl5/80pp. Anything I've done at pl6/60pp felt bland.

Also, might be helpful if I posted the concepts I am pondering on;
1) warforged spellblade, based loosely on the duskblade class with a samurai flavoring overall
2) half elf, half orc roguish practitioner of the mithril current martial style with a pair of blunt knives
3) human hexblade paladin of vengeance, affectionately dubbed the edge lord paladin
4) a white mage. Not a cleric. A white mage, wielding healing and protective support magics

So two melee strikers, a tank with one big attack and a support. The healer is the "maybe 4" if I can make it in such a way it will be fun to play. So far I have builds for the first two that loom like they work pretty well and the Paladin is pretty straight forward for what I had in mind.
Camus

Post by Camus »

In going either with a panderian monk or a tortle something (I love turtles!)
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

I'm putting together a Vedalken monk, more interested in the Humanoid body and the Martial sciences than in Technology.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Zezzaka
PL5 80

"I'm studying maximum limb radial torque tolerances so after this, assuming you're conscious, I'd appreciate a detailed accounting of your experience. And, it's for posterity so, please, be honest."

Tall but spindly, Zezzaka took little interest in the tinkering of machines that her fellows tended to gravitate toward. She, instead, was greatly interested in the humanoid form and the perfection of it's use that might be achieved as well as the shortcomings of it. The study of Martial Sciences (You'll never be able to get her to call it Martial ARTS) was a natural extension of her chosen field. Never possessed of a strong body she nevertheless trained her skills and intuitions as an alternate path to achieve perfection of form.

Daughter of a Diplomat she had many choices of monasteries to train at. (And in truth, her family didn't object her vocational choices as she was always a bit of a 'slow' child.) After several aborted attempts where the training was overly-rooted in mysticism she finally settled on one. After years of training she's finding that her studies hit a plateau and it was suggested that she find a more diverse pool of opponents to study.

OPL: 5; DPL: 5; HP: 2
Archetype: Monk
Height: 5-9
Weight: 145
Eyes: Red
Hair: Black [but Shaven]
Skin: Blue
Race: Vedalken
Alignment: Hero - Lawful Neutral
Base of Operations: TBD
Affiliations: TBD

ABILITIES [10 pt]: STRENGTH -2, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 0, INTELLECT -3/-1, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS [14 pt]: Acrobatics 8 (+10) [Agile Feint][Skill Mastery], Athletics 7 (+5/+9 escaping)[Skill Mastery], Close Combat [Unarmed] 6 (+6), Expertise [Theology and Philosophy] 1 (+1), Insight 2 (+6), Perception 2 (+6), Stealth 2 (+4).
Expertise[Science](+3)

Advantages [16 pt]:
Agile Feint - Use Acrobatics for feint
Equipment 1 - 5 equipment points
Evasion 2 - +5 Dodge vs. Area attacks
Follow-up Strike - critical hit = free attack
Improved Feint - Feint as move, no penalty
Improved Critical Unarmed 2 - 18-20 crit for unarmed attacks
Uncanny Dodge - Not Vulnerable when surprised/caught of guard
Power Attack 1 (Unarmed) - trade to hit for damage
Prone Fighting - No penalties to attack from prone, close attack have no bonus to hit you.
Skill Mastery(Acrobatics)
Skill Mastery(Athletics)
Sweeping Strike - Unarmed strike = free trip
Unbalancing strike - Close atk - choose Vuln instead of Dmg
Zen Strike - Awe for unarmed dmg

VEDALKEN: 11 pts
ABILITIES: +2 INT
SKILLS: Expertise [Science] +4
ADVANTAGES: Languages (1) (Vedalken, 1 other, Base: Common), Second Chance (1) (Will checks against Magical Effects)
POWERS:
Long Lifespan: Feature 1 (Longevity); 1 pt
Four-Armed: Extra Limbs 2 (2 Arms); 2 pts

POWERS:
Hands as Weapons: Feature 1 (In situations where being armed is important, you are always considered armed, even when you have no weapons in-hand); 1 pt
Brilliant Chi: Feature 1 (Your life force is so abundant and focused that you can make it visible to others with a thought, whereas others with monk training can create a faint aura of light or a shimmer between their hands to impress others, HERS actually illuminates stuff. {Environmental Light, 30 foot, rank 1}); 1 pt
Monk Trained Physique: Immunity 1 (Disease), Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr), Leaping 1 (15 ft); 3 pts
Chi Levitation: Flight 1, Limited - Up and down only; 1pts
Grapple training: Enhanced Skill - Athletics, Limited to escaping grapples +4 ; 1pt
Chi Power: 6 pt Array, Quirk: Chi Limits (10 Chi power uses per day, DC15 Will check to use more); 11 pts
Wholeness of Body: Healing 5 (Extra: Persistent, Flaw: Limited to Self); (6)
Chi Projection: Extra Limb 1, Sustained, Projection, Subtle [Chi/energy senses to see it], linked Elongation 3 [60ft] linked Enhanced Lifting Strength 4, All Distracting; (1)
Fist of Flurry: Multiattack 4 Bludgeoning Strength-based [Unarmed] Damage 0 (Extra: Dangerous 2)]); (1)
Pressure Point Strikes: Affliction 8 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, Flaw: Limited to two degrees), Accurate; (1)
Light tread: Water Run: Movement 1 (Water-Walking 2 [Normal speed]) & Wall Run: Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling 2 [Normal speed, Flaw: Limited to when running]); (1)
Ignore the Elements and Hardships: Immunity 5 (Heat, Cold, Weather Effects, Sleep, Starvation/Thirst Flaw: Sustained); (1)
Analyze Style: Perception Ranged Affliction (Resisted and Overcome by Will; Vulnerable, Defenseless), Conditions Limited to Your Attacks. Limited Degree, Insidious, Subtle, Activation - Move. pr 5; (1)

Magic Items:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Adventurer's Kit: Backpack, Bedroll, Flint and Steel, Belt Pouch (empty), Trail Rations (10 days), Torches (5), Waterskin, Sack(empty); 5 pts

Acquired Items:

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +0 []
Unarmed +6 [Unarmed (DC19 Toughness), Critical 18-20; Fist of Flurry (DC19 Toughness), Critical 16-20, Multiattack] Trip (opposed Acrobatics vs. Athletics or Acrobatics, Failure means she could be tripped) [Sweeping strike]
Pressure point +2 [DC18 Fort Affliction]
Ranged Attack +2
Analyze style [DC15 Will Perception-Range Affliction]

DEFENSES:
Dodge 2+3= +5 [DC15] Parry 0+6=+6 [DC16]
Toughness +4, Fortitude 4+1=+5, Will 4+1=+5

Abilities 10 + Skills 14 + Advantages 16 + Race 11 + Powers 18 + Defenses 11 = 80/ 80

COMPLICATIONS:
Aloof: Vedalken are overly logical and analytical and do not concern themselves with emotional attachments in most cases.
Obsession: Vedalken are infinitely curious about the world and how it works and know that nothing is perfect, but that doesn't mean that can't try to make things so.
Eager in battle: Zezzaka revels in the opportunity to observe fighting and fights, she enjoys the opportunity to test her own abilities. She won't pick fights - she will SUGGEST fights. She will be dimly aware that fights can be prevented by things like talking, but she will wonder why, loudly.
Self-reliant: She eschews the use of implements for instances where a person'e physical form would do just as well. She understands if others, less on their path toward physical perfection must rely on them. But she will point this out, a lot.

Why are you adventuring?: The opportunity to observe and experience new opponents, and to share her observations of their inadequacies with a whole group of people is too tempting to resist.

Why might you have to be away?: Occasionally retreats are required to recenter one's Chi. For her that more involves climbing a mountain in a zen fugue than sitting by a lake and meditating.

Why might you have to leave?: Zezzaka's family, diplomats that they are finally recall Zezzaka to be a guard on dangerous diplomatic missions. Seeing the chance for more learning, understanding intellectually how good it is to support her family's prosperity, and not having any emotional ties to the rest of the party, She'll go.

Edit: With the abundance of characters with Healing I took off Lay on Hands and replaced it with a Chi Projection. An invisible ghostly arm projects from the center of her chest which she can strike with (unarmed), or lift with strength 2. Projected to a range of 60 ft. Also replaced Slow Fall with an ability to levitate due to her abundance of Chi and Uncanny Dodge.
Last edited by Flynnarrel on Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Wow, lots to address. Let's get the easy stuff out of the way first. :)
Plan b wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:43 pm I'm considering pitching an awakened bear as a "barbarian".

Just thought i ask if the concept was ok before building it.
Only if you make it a BarBEARian. ;)

And damn it, that points out that missed templates for beastfolk outside of cat people...maybe I'll try to get to it today. I put off a lot of honey-do's yesterday working on this stuff so I might not get to it until tomorrow or Tuesday. Have it at with your concept and we'll go from there.
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:48 am Sweet! Totally making a character for this at some point! A Shokan is tempting, but a Giantess-- I mean, GOLIATH--- character could be tempting :).
Stunned, STUNNED I am that you would be working on a huge woman for your character. :)

Either of those would be great, Jab.
Camus wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:02 pm In going either with a panderian monk or a tortle something (I love turtles!)
I like both thoughts, Camus. If it's a Tortle, I totally expect some Teenage Mutant Ninja Tortle nod in there somewhere. :)