Gloriant: Age of Adventure (OOC Thread)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (OOC Thread)

Post by Flynnarrel »

Not to cut interactions short between Zezzaka and Tal but I'll have Zezzaka interact with the others for now.

Also, I noticed Lena had handsign as a language. I think Zezzaka would totally have learned a way to communicate using body movements! As I had an undesignated language I think I'd like that one to be it.
"Something pithy this way comes."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

The Hand Sign language is intended to be fairly simple- more like the gestures used by SWAT teams and the military than a fully developed system like ASL.

Or possibly, for hilarity, Lena knows the simplified combat version that mercenary scouts use, and Zezzaka knows the 'full langauge' version (like ASL or the old-timey Drow silent language), and so thinks that Lena has a significant 'speech impediment' or a VERY limited vocabulary...
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

pathfinderq1 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:19 pm The Hand Sign language is intended to be fairly simple- more like the gestures used by SWAT teams and the military than a fully developed system like ASL.

Or possibly, for hilarity, Lena knows the simplified combat version that mercenary scouts use, and Zezzaka knows the 'full langauge' version (like ASL or the old-timey Drow silent language), and so thinks that Lena has a significant 'speech impediment' or a VERY limited vocabulary...
okay, that would be funny!
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

To explain my post a bit,so there's no confusion;
The way I picture Wolfensrahd after reading about it,i got the feeling the Rangers(refered to as Trailblazers on Innestrahd in MTG.I just thought the name fit) and Wilderness types in the area don't travel far from home,so seeing on down this far would be rare..
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

As an aside, I won't actually delve into PvP, but Lena's intent IC is crystal clear to everyone nearby.

I would not be surprised if Jonas, at least, were to take defensive measures- and as noted anyone nearby who has ever been in a fight can sense one brewing.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

pathfinderq1 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:53 pm As an aside, I won't actually delve into PvP, but Lena's intent IC is crystal clear to everyone nearby.

I would not be surprised if Jonas, at least, were to take defensive measures- and as noted anyone nearby who has ever been in a fight can sense one brewing.
You just HAVE to get a Dwarf to play peacekeeper dontja? Sigh...guess i'll give it a try....Edit: did it after burning an HP to re-roll that abysmal 3. :lol:
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

awww... and interaction skills don't really work player to player, do they? This is a role playing decision. You're gonna miss that HP later.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:45 am awww... and interaction skills don't really work player to player, do they? This is a role playing decision. You're gonna miss that HP later.
I know,but i can't stand to have a 3 under ANY circumstances(except in the 2D20 system)... :?
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Supernaturalist wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:16 pm The aging wizard offers a wry smile to the weathered female, "Some of the best entertainments are free. Would you like to hear some of my suggestions? Perhaps in private, if you have the time?" Raising his off-hand as if to hush any response from the young female "scout", he adds, "Please my beauty...think about it...don't be so quick to dismiss my person."
That was wonderfully creepy and in character, Supernaturalist. I had that run through my head in Jafar's voice...*shudder*...

Plus it woke everyone up and tension between the characters always helps the ratings!

Take an HP Supernaturalist. You might need it to Recover. :D
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Yeah, pretty sure that Persuasion, at least doen't normally work mechanically vs. other PCs (and so I would say, maybe keep that HP since it is just an RP interaction). That said, making a roll does help establish a guidepost for building the roleplay around. And in this case, I took an Insight roll to give a ballpark on her response. 1d20+4= 22 against an effective Persuasion roll of 10; roll http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=216339

So it is a good thing Persuasion doesn't work against other PCs. Just sayin'

I'm going to pause a bit, to give Khu-Amon and/or the GM and NPCs (or even other PCs) time to chime in before I proceed (thus also adhering to the 'don't post too much' credo).

Guess I'm not doing myself any favors as far as prolonging my guest-starring stint. :cry:

Although at least part of this is the sheer oddity of Lena being addressed as "my beauty"- she isn't Arwen or Tauriel, she is Vazquez.
Last edited by pathfinderq1 on Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

pathfinderq1 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:06 am Yeah, pretty sure that Persuasion, at least doen't normally work mechanically vs. other PCs (and so I would say, maybe keep that HP since it is just an RP interaction). That said, making a roll does help establish a guidepost for building the roleplay around.
I concur. You can keep your HP. I'll give you a mulligan this time.
pathfinderq1 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:06 am
Guess I'm not doing myself any favors as far as prolonging my guest-starring stint. :cry:
LOL. Please. That was good stuff. What would a bar scene be without at least a minor dustup? ;)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

pathfinderq1 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:06 am Yeah, pretty sure that Persuasion, at least doen't normally work mechanically vs. other PCs (and so I would say, maybe keep that HP since it is just an RP interaction). That said, making a roll does help establish a guidepost for building the roleplay around. And in this case, I took an Insight roll to give a ballpark on her response. 1d20+4= 22 against an effective Persuasion roll of 10; roll http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=216339

So it is a good thing Persuasion doesn't work against other PCs. Just sayin'

I'm going to pause a bit, to give Khu-Amon and/or the GM and NPCs (or even other PCs) time to chime in before I proceed (thus also adhering to the 'don't post too much' credo).

Actually, I think you're doing great. I'll post here shortly. And Khu-Amon will offer an apology. Of course, it will be somewhat of a back-handed apology, but that's all one can expect from the likes of him. And if you wanna rough him' up. I won't take it personally. As my post will reveal, his forwardness has resulted in physical punishment on a few occasions.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Ah,i see our Wizard knows the great Art of Lawyer-Fu...:D
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

pathfinderq1 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:06 am Guess I'm not doing myself any favors as far as prolonging my guest-starring stint. :cry:
I actually think your doing rather well with your character so far,especially since character intrraction's isn't her strong suit given how she was raised.

She bring's an intresting Dynamic to an already forming group.Berend is probably gonna try to keep Ku-Amon & Lena apart for a bit,unless there's no choice in the matter.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

It looks like Zezzaka and Ankara are gonna be our resident 'Odd B.F.F's'...:D