Gloriant: Age of Adventure (OOC Thread)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (OOC Thread)

Post by Flynnarrel »

Or she'll want to squash the know-it-all monk in less than a day.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Ghost of Krypton

Post by Ghost of Krypton »

An update & apology!

As I alluded to earlier, this past two weeks has been rough for me, my wife's grandmother fell ill, and she travelled down south to be with her.
Unfortunately my Manager has been on vacation, leaving only one person on call at the office and so because of my position I was unable to be with her when Gramma passed last Thursday. So on top of the regular office chaos, I've been feeling rather isolated, as I've been unable to be at my wife's side.

So I'm heading down south to Gramma's funeral today and I'll be returning Saturday, I'm hoping that when I return my creative juices will be flowing again and I'll sit down and post Tal's actions. My intent is to assist, obviously, but not seek compensation, as he feels the alliance between Human, Dwarf and Elf pledged during the 1st Great War still applies and he seeks to honor that alliance by acting in it's spirit.

We could say he follows the group without joining them, only to reintroduce himself on my return. That is, if a spot is still open for me after my silence these past days, and if it isn't I totally get it and understand.

Either way I thought you guys deserved an explanation.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Ghost of Krypton wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:34 am An update & apology!

As I alluded to earlier, this past two weeks has been rough for me, my wife's grandmother fell ill, and she travelled down south to be with her.
Unfortunately my Manager has been on vacation, leaving only one person on call at the office and so because of my position I was unable to be with her when Gramma passed last Thursday. So on top of the regular office chaos, I've been feeling rather isolated, as I've been unable to be at my wife's side.

So I'm heading down south to Gramma's funeral today and I'll be returning Saturday, I'm hoping that when I return my creative juices will be flowing again and I'll sit down and post Tal's actions. My intent is to assist, obviously, but not seek compensation, as he feels the alliance between Human, Dwarf and Elf pledged during the 1st Great War still applies and he seeks to honor that alliance by acting in it's spirit.

We could say he follows the group without joining them, only to reintroduce himself on my return. That is, if a spot is still open for me after my silence these past days, and if it isn't I totally get it and understand.

Either way I thought you guys deserved an explanation.
No explanation needed, Ghost. Real life happens. I'll have to go dark for a couple days at least shortly when my father comes home from the nursing home in the next week or two so I get it.

I was planning on just having you tag along with the group as a "silent partner" for the moment then jumping back in when you can. I'm shooting for having a post up later this afternoon or this evening to wrap up the bar scene and get you all on the road to Millford this weekend.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Hey Thorp, can I invent some Shokan and Goliath Gods? Just wanted to respond to Flynn's question, but I didn't want to step on any toes. I'm thinking the Shokan just have like 18 gods devoted to different kinds of fighting :).
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:23 am Hey Thorp, can I invent some Shokan and Goliath Gods? Just wanted to respond to Flynn's question, but I didn't want to step on any toes. I'm thinking the Shokan just have like 18 gods devoted to different kinds of fighting :).
Shokar is God of Punching! Grysh is God of Kicking! Goran God of Punching AND Kicking, very popular God. :D
Formerly luketheduke86
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

L-Space wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:12 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:23 am Hey Thorp, can I invent some Shokan and Goliath Gods? Just wanted to respond to Flynn's question, but I didn't want to step on any toes. I'm thinking the Shokan just have like 18 gods devoted to different kinds of fighting :).
Shokar is God of Punching! Grysh is God of Kicking! Goran God of Punching AND Kicking, very popular God. :D
And then there is Plexus, the most vain of the Shokan gods in that he is the god of a technique named after himself, the Suplex.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

You betcha. The more fightin' gods the better. 8-)
Ghost of Krypton

Another update, back at home after the service. Some tears, some laughter and a lot of family, so I'm back amid feeling more into it.

Seeing as the scene has advanced I'll wait until we have a GM post from Thorp before I reintroduce Tal.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Sounds good, Ghost. Again, no rush, I know those types of things can be draining.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

I wasn't for sure whether to put these in the IC or OOC so I'll put them here for now. These are my quick, crappy drawings to give you an idea of the route and the wagon train. Here's a crappy snapshot of the route.

Like I said, I will try to come up with better maps but I figure it would at least help to give a rough idea of where you're going. Basically, under normal conditions it would be 2 days travel between each town and you're traveling east/northeast to Millford to start, then northwest to Darrax.

As far as the wagon train goes, I have the locations of Tal, Lena, Berend, Jarki and the drivers so far. I would like to know where everyone is planning to be as we take off.

Again, this was quickly and crappily done but again, it's just to get an idea of where everyone is, should a random encounter occur. "H" stands for horse.

Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Zezzaka is sitting in lotus on top of the last cart.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

I wanna be on the middle wagon, surrounded by lots of scouts and meat-shields. :)
Ghost of Krypton

Don't forget women of ill repute!
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Ghost of Krypton wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:18 am Don't forget women of ill repute!
That is the cart that Jonas’ daughter is driving so that should be interesting. ;)

So that leaves Ankara and Tae-Phoon. Once we have that, we should be ready to get on the road.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

It might be best if Tae takes the wagon just in front of 'the bright brigade' and the Shotokan get's the Wagon behind the Lead.That should THEORETICALLY even out our Wagon-train Protection detail....