Gloriant: Age of Adventure (OOC Thread)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EpicEclipse

Re: THORPOCAVERSE FANTASY GAME - RECRUITING THREAD (UNTIL 8/23-ish)

Post by EpicEclipse »

Ghost of Krypton wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:20 am
EpicEclipse wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:16 am Wait a minute.....that's not a paladin! That's not a paladin at all! :lol:
The comment about a group full of strikers really STRUCK home! Believe me after your PM and that nasty Crit Chain concept I was tempted!

You sir, are a sick, sick man. I like it!
Buwhahahaaha! :mrgreen:

Though, that said, the paladin I had been pondering was going to be largely tanky. That smite nuke was really the only "power" in the build, as paladins tend to be, smiting as their biggest damage output. In this case though it relied on crits and pre-planning with the trigger extra to REALLY nuke someone on a crit. xD

On a separate note regarding what I have been working on overnight while at work, I got a bead on a healer/support build that seemed interesting in the form of a "radiant dancer", kind of a play off the bard class, except dancing, less skill monkey (I am not even sure how one would reliably build a good skill monkey at this level..), but uses radiant energy for dances that attack, heal, defend and debuff enemies.

So with that.... I have three full mockup builds.... just need to pick one to settle on for an actual submission! I guess since Ghost didn't build his paladin, I could theoretically still pitch mine as well, and while I don't have the full mock up, I do have the mechanical notes for thigns I was going to use in the build, which Ghost can attest to. :lol: (Though truth be told.....the crit nuke might have made Thorp cry a bit before saying it might be a little too powerful ;) )

(For the curious (Noting, the character would also have Follow-up Strike, this is also slightly modified and adjusted from the version I sent Ghost, but works the same way. Only big different is Unreliable on the Oath)
[1pp] Oath of the Queen: Enhanced Advantage 4 (Improved Critical 4 (Deity's favored weapon), Activation (Move), Limited to designated target), Quirk (Changing designated target requires re-activation and loses previous target), Unreliable (5 uses)

[1 per 2 ranks + 5] Dark Smite: Damage X, Improved Critical 4, Triggered (Successful Critical hit on Oath target), Unreliable (5 uses)

So, you start up Oath and Smite by designating a target and setting the trigger for the smile. Then go to town.... 25% chance to crit on 16-20, and then... woo... the Smite's trigger goes off for a second attack which can also crit on 16-20, AND Follow-up Strike's attack which is still with the favored weapon, so 16-20 crit range... three attacks at 16-20 crit range, each of which can crit thanks to Follow-up Strike and it's perpetual 25% crit chance. Minimum 3 attacks on a critical hit that can explode depending on the luck of landing further critical hits....

................................ahem. :shock: )

So....time to narrow things down...
Camus

Post by Camus »

L-Space wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:42 am Tae-Phoon: Pandaren Warrior Monk
May I dare to suggest my Tortle character be your character's master/companion?

心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Camus wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:16 pm

Lol, I'd be ok with that.
Formerly luketheduke86
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

L-Space wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:55 pm
Camus wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:16 pm

Lol, I'd be ok with that.
I get the strange feeling Berend's house is gonna be the Headquarters for this wierd adventuring party.... ;)
Loneclaw

Post by Loneclaw »

Irene Everleigh the Demonbound
PL -5/80
Archetype: The Heart, Moral Support
Race: Human
Alignment: Neutral Good
Reason For Adventuring: To find a way to get rid of her demon so that she may be allowed to return home.
Why she may have to be Away: Irene and Syl'lotath (the demoness bound to her) may have to look into some leads on how to sever their bond.
Why She might have to Leave: Irene's family might send for her in an extreme emergency, such as an attack on their farm or the like. Her bond to Syl'lotath might also end up weakening and breaking on its own over time, in which case she will either return home or die at the hands of the freed demoness.

Strength 1, Stamina 1, Agility 1, Dexterity 1, Fighting 3, Intellect 0, Awareness 1, Presence 0

Advantages
Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 3, Improvised Tools

Skills
Expertise (DEX): Sewing 4 (+5), Expertise: Cooking 10 (+10), Insight 6 (+7), Perception 4 (+5), Ranged Combat: Shortbow 4 (+5), Stealth 4 (+5), Treatment 6 (+6)

Powers
Demonbound: Summon 5 (Heroic, Responsive; Custom: Any damage or condition inflicted on one is suffered by both, Permanent)
Good Cook: Feature 1 (Can make a delicious meal out of anything)

Equipment
15 points
Adventurer's Kit: Backpack, Bedroll, Flint and Steel, Belt Pouch (empty), Sack (empty), Trail Rations, Torch, Waterskin 5 points
Cooking Kit: Iron Pot, Iron Skillet, Ladle, Skewer, Wooden Cutting Board, Cutting Knife, Iron Tripod for the Pot, Packet of Tinder, Small Selection of Easy to Find Seasonings. Everything, except the skillet, fit within the pot for easy storage and transport. 3 points
Healer's Kit: Feature 1 (Tools, Treatment) 1 point
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous 2 points
Bow, Shortbow: Ranged Piercing Damage 2 4 points

Offense
Initiative +1
Grab, +3 (DC Spec 11)
Knife, +3 (DC 17)
Shortbow, +5 (DC 17)
Throw, +1 (DC 16)
Unarmed, +3 (DC 16)

Languages
Common

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 7, Fortitude 5, Toughness 3/1, Will 5

Power Points
Abilities 16 + Powers 21 + Advantages 6 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Defenses 18 = 80

Syl'lotath the Demoness
PL -5/75
Archetype: Token Bad Guy (or, well, girl), DPS Seductress
Race: Demon
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Reason For Adventuring: To find a way to free herself from that peasant girl and resume her plans to bring destruction upon the world.

Strength 5, Stamina 5, Agility 1, Dexterity 0, Fighting 3, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 1

Advantages
All-out Attack, Attractive 2*, Improved Critical 4: Claws, Languages 1
* From Unnatural Beauty

Skills
Deception +8 (+9)*, Insight 2 (+2), Intimidation 2 (+3), Perception 4 (+4), Persuasion +8 (+9)*
* From Demonic Seduction

Powers
Claws and Teeth: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 22)
Demonic Resistance: Immunity 17 (Damage Effect: Acid, Damage Effect: Electricity, Damage Effect: Heat/Fire, Disease, Poison; Limited - Half Effect)
Demonic Seduction: Enhanced Trait 8 (Traits: Deception +8 (+9), Persuasion +8 (+9); Limited: to those who find her attractive)
Demonic Senses: Senses 4 (Darkvision, Extended: Normal Vsion 1: x10, Extended: Hearing 1: x10)
Demonic Toughness: Protection 2 (+2 Toughness)
Not Bothered by the Cold: Immunity 1 (Environmental Condition: Cold)
Unaging: Immunity 1 (Aging)
Unholy Creature: Feature 1 (All attacks have Unholy descriptor)
Unnatural Beauty: Enhanced Trait 2 (Advantages: Attractive 2; Variable Descriptor: Any intelligent creature that's attracted to females is attracted to her)
Winged Flight: Flight 1 (Speed: 4 miles/hour, 60 feet/round; Wings)

Offense
Initiative +1
Claws and Teeth +3 (DC 22)
Grab, +3 (DC Spec 15)
Throw, +0 (DC 20)
Unarmed, +3 (DC 20)

Languages
Abyssal, Common, Elven

Defense
Dodge 3, Parry 3, Fortitude 5, Toughness 7, Will 5

Power Points
Abilities 30 + Powers 28 + Advantages 6 + Skills 4 (8 ranks) + Defenses 7 = 75

Okay, so this is what I got so far. Let me know if you want me to change anything.
Camus

Post by Camus »

Loneclaw wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:14 pm .....
Sriseru ?
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Loneclaw

Post by Loneclaw »

Camus wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:03 pm
Loneclaw wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:14 pm .....
Sriseru ?
Yes, it's me.
Edit: Why did you ask? xD
Last edited by Loneclaw on Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Added background to my character.
Formerly luketheduke86
Camus

Lemidora the sand sage

Post by Camus »

Name: Master Lemidora, the Sand sage Height !.7mts
Skin: Green (duh) Weight 180 kgs
Hair: Reptiles dont have hair Race Tortle
Eyes: Black Age: 300 years

Bio
Hatched some 300 years ago, Lemidora was an impetuous young tortle by the standards of her people. As all her species, she began her life without knowing her mother and had several dozen siblings, of which none she has seen again, nor would have been able to recognize if she did. As them, she wondered the land of Kurikami for decades in perpatual wanderlust. But she was set apart from the rest, as she reamined mostly in the sand beaches that saw her hatch, wading through the countless sands of the dunes, from one point of the country to the other. She moved in the sand like a fish in the water, over it and beneath it. It gave her great pleasure to glide effortlessly for hours, looking at the sea and the sky.
As the longest living beings in Kurikami, tortles are sought out for advice and counsel. Even the younger ones, like herself would have outlived most human sages. And so a village of fishermen saw in Lemidora someone who could help them. They were assaulted by bandits at night who would steal their catch. Lemidora knew little of fighting and warfare, and could train or advise no one in such matters. So with the promise to return as soon as she could, she went on searching for someone who could teach her, teach them. And so did she arrive to the towering monastery of Sugueku. Monks there practised all forms of martial arts, and gladly took in an apprentice. There she trained hard and learnt the ways of the arts. 5 years she spend in the monastery, a mere blink of an eye for such long lived beings, before returning to the village. Her horror and sadness knew no bound when she found the village no more, but only charred remains. Her perception of time had turned a trivial problem into a catastrophe. Making her mind about bringing the bandits to justice, she found them preying on a different town. But this time she was there and was prepared. Combining her sand affinity with her martial arts, she defeated the bandits, and took them all to the monastery. The elder monk was pleased, and he commended Lemidora to train and educate the bandits, and turn them from scourges to helpers for the country. And so she did, becoming a master in her own right.
Years passed by and many students came to learn her teachings, most of them failed her complicated and inscrutable tests, but those few that succeed made names for themselves are master monks. A young panderen named Tae-Phoon was who made her realize she needed a change of ways. While performing her final test, the young panderen failed spectacularly. Such was her catastrophic failure that it made Lemidora question her own wisdom and teachings. It dawned in her that she had neglected her species true calling, much as she forced the panderen to neglect his, which caused his failure.
She remembered with blurred fondness the days she spent in the coasts and the sand and the sun. Filled again with that same wanderlust, she left the monastery and navigated the world. Big would be her surprise to find Tae-Phoon in Gilthorian when she was shopping for supplies. She fondly greeted him with a bonk in the head with her staff .

Complications
Slow: While a general misconception is that tortles are slow, actually the move about just fine. It is their perception of time and the absolute patience with which they perform all tasks, from mundane to utterly vital, that makes people believe they are slow.
Old: The good master is quite old herself. Once a master of all arts martial and mystic, her physical prowess has seen better years. Also being this old her memory is not what it used to be, and she is prone to leave others puzzling over wise-sounding but utterly nonsensical phrases.
Teacher: In her heart she is a perfectionist and a master of everything. She will correct others continuously, even in the most unwise situations.

Why are you adventuring?: Lemidora has embarked in her last great adventure. She feels that she has dedicated a great portion of her time teaching students and learning the ways of many arts, and has not payed attention to her people's nomadic tradition. Something she, as a perfectionist, wishes to correct.

Why might you have to be away?: Sometimes a missguided student would seek counsel, or an enemy might be lurking in wait for a perfect time to strike his/her vengeance upon the old master. This types of situations would require her to step aside for a while until she solves them.

Why might you have to leave?: Perhaps the end of her life is more at hand than what she felt initially, or her enemies might be lucky and defeat her.

Abilities ( 30 pp)
Strength 2 , Stamina 5 , Agility 4 , Dexterity 0 , Fighting 4 , Intellect 0 , Awareness 3 , Precence 0 .

Powers ( 33 pp)
- Sand gliding ( Speed 3 : Affect others. Limited: Only usable when on terrains that are sand or loose soils) · 3 point/s
- Sand tunnel ( AP: Burrowing 6 : Limited Only usable when on terrains that are sand or loose soils) · 1 point/s
- Sand bending ( Move object 6 : Damaging, Limited Only usable when on terrains that are sand or loose soils]) · 12 point/s
- Sand storm (AP: Affliction 5 :4 Dazed, Stuned, Paralyzed. Fort. Explosion area, Selective. Limiterd Only usable when on terrains that are sand or loose soils) ) · 1 point/s
- Master’s head pounding (AP: Damage 4 : STR based, Secondary effect, subtle ) · 1 point/s

- Tortle prowess ( Species powers : +2 STR, +1 AWE ) · 6 point/s
- Turtle Physiology ( Species powers : Immunity 1 (Suffocation [Drowning], Flaw: Limited [hold breath for an hour]), Swimming 2 (2 mph/30 fpr), Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation [Aquatic Environments) ) · 5 point/s
- Shell ( Species powers : Feature 1 (Can retract head and limbs), Protection 1 ) · 2 point/s
- Turtle up ( Species powers : Enhanced Advantages 1 (Withstand Damage) ) · 1 point/s
- Tortle languages ( Species powers : Languages 1 (Aquan, Panderen, Base: Common) ) · 1 point/s

Advantages ( 6 pp)
Trance 1 , Interpose 1 , Teamwork 1 , Imp. Initiaive 1 , All out attack 1 , Defensive attack 1.

Skills ( 9 pp)

Acrobatics 2 (+ 6 ), Deception 0 (+ 0 ), Athletics 2 (+ 4 ), Expertise (martial arts, awe) 6 (+ 9 ), Insight 4 (+ 7 ), Treatment 0 (+ 0 ), Persuacion 0 (+ 0 ), Technology 0 (+ 0 ), 0 0 (+ 0 ), Vehicles 0 (+ 4 ), Sleight of Hand 0 (+ 0 ), Perception 4 (+ 7 ), Intimidation 0 (+ 0 ), Investigation 0 (+ 0 ), Stealth 0 (+ 0 ),

Offence
Initiative: 4
Throw + 4 Attack for DC: 17 Range: Ranged ( )
Master's head pounding + 4 Attack for DC: 21 Range: Melee ( Subtle, secondary effect )
Sand bending + 4 Attack for DC: 21 Range: Ranged
Sand storm Explosion area Attack for DC: 15 (selective)

Defence ( 2 pp)
Parry: Rank ( 0 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 4
Dodge: Rank ( 0 ) + Feat/power ( 1 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 6
Toughness: 0 Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 5
Fortitude: Rank ( 0 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 4
Will: Rank ( 2 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 5
Last edited by Camus on Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Camus

Post by Camus »

Added a background linking to our pandaren monk
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Loneclaw

Post by Loneclaw »

Camus, do you know me from somewhere? If so, I'm not sure I know who you are. :?
Camus

Post by Camus »

Loneclaw wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:09 pm Camus, do you know me from somewhere? If so, I'm not sure I know who you are. :?
Evolucion from Ronin army (signature is the same and avatar is the same character =D )
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Loneclaw

Post by Loneclaw »

Camus wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:12 pm
Loneclaw wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:09 pm Camus, do you know me from somewhere? If so, I'm not sure I know who you are. :?
Evolucion from Ronin army (signature is the same and avatar is the same character =D )
Ah, I had a suspicion that it was you! Nice to see you here too! ^w^
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Added Berend's thought's of the other submitted characters to his page.I linked a couple vaugely to an old case,so if you don't like it,let me know&i'll change it...
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Wow, more good stuff today and lots to comment on later when I get off work. I talked to my stepmom today and it looks like my dad might be heading home next Friday so I’ll have to head home if that’s the case. As such I’m going to cut recruitment off on Friday so I can make selections and get the game going on Sunday evening or Monday, otherwise it will be another two weeks.

Epic, I think any of those options you sent me work. Go with what you feel most like running.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum