Gloriant: Age of Adventure (OOC Thread)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Ghost of Krypton

Re: THORPOCAVERSE FANTASY GAME - RECRUITING THREAD (UNTIL 8/23-ish)

Post by Ghost of Krypton »

Trying to find the History of the Elves in Gloriant here is what I've come across so far;
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:14 am THE CREATION

The first son was Anvaelar, who was carefree and proud. He loved song and the glory of gold, and to him his father gave a scepter made of engraved gold and decorated with wondrous gems.

First, Anvaelar made the elves that were as proud and carefree as he. He granted them long life, love of song and freedom and transcendent grace.

THE TIME OF TORMENT
The elves escaped across the seas in their great, enchanted ships, riding on winds of magic.

THE FIRST GREAT WAR

After many years of orc rampages, the elven, dwarven and human races joined with my people to battle the orcs in what would later be known as the First Great War. The war raged for many years, and the unified forces led by the great King of Men Amaes Gloriant, Dwarven King Edrinli Thunderhold and the great elven King Valeridas Sunstar battled Grudarc’s forces tooth and nail but could not gain an advantage. Finally, the great wizard Willard created an army of living constructs called the Warforged who fought with the unified races. It was their help that turned the tide of the war, and after a monumental battle in the Valley of Dread, the unified races defeated the orcs and Mind Flayers, with King Gloriant dealing the final blow by beheading Grudarc on the field of battle.

THE SECOND GREAT WAR

Their onslaught brought out Montarrio himself and his greatest warrior, the general of his armies, the legendary blackguard, Ethirios the Cruel. Ethirios and Xander Daellion began a monumental battle, that legend says made thousands of warriors stop life and death battle to watch. Eventually, Xander Daellion slew Ethirios. Then Montarrio joined the battle and he nearly defeated the entire Great Party by himself. Just as Montarrio was about to finish them off, two lightning bolts came out of the heavens to strike Montarrio. Most believe it came from the spirits of Teronious and Ironious, who sent them to exact their revenge on their treacherous former student. It did not kill the evil Montarrio but it stunned him long enough for Daellion summon enough strength to rise and cut off Montarrio’s head. Then quickly and wisely, Maradak and Sian captured Montarrio’s soul and imprisoned it in a soul stone to keep him from returning ever again. Without Montarrio’s power and Ethiros’ leadership, the allied forces were able to rout the remaining forces of Montarrio’s army and within a few days, the war was over.

It has been nearly 25 years since that day and the continent is still in a state of recovery. Once again, the lands were razed and many species were near extinction after the ravages of the war. But as mentioned before, life is resilient and the lands are slowly again becoming prosperous. Xander Daellion is now the High King of Gloriant and he and his wife, Queen Diiva Daellion, have given their resources to restore many of the communities that were destroyed during the war, not just in their own domain, but also across the continent. They have helped strengthen the union among the peoples of all domains and along with the other retired members of the X-Emplars, and the X Knights, King Xander Daellion’s special guard, they have kept the peace in the land and have given all the races hope for a bright future. King Daellion’s reign has signaled the dawn of the Third Age of Gilthorian.
So working Backwards;
Campaign Year 0
Campaign Year -25 Conclusion of the 2nd Great War
Campaign Year -30 Events of 2nd Great War [Assume 5 year duration]
Campaign Year -230 Conclusion of the 1st great War; Reign of High King Valerdia Sunstar
Campaign Year -250 Events of 1st Great War [Assume a Score of Years ... it reads Many years ... 20 is a generation of men]
Campaign Year -500 Night of the Falling Stars [Ending the Time of Torment]
Campaign Year -833 Events of the Time of Torment Begin
Campaign Year -2833 Time of Creation Ends
So approximately 850 years ago the Elves bail during the Time of Troubles and return long enough to have an established High King by -230, assume a kingdom takes three generations to develop, and call a generation of elves a century, they likely returned about 550 years ago, having spent 300 years, in isolation.

Now High King Valerdia is alive at the end of the 1st Great War, and two hundred years pass, there's no mention of Elven kingdoms in the history of the 2nd Great War. At this point I think they may have gone into seclusion staying away from the affairs of men, or they worked against Montarrio in secret fearing the connection that could be drawn between elf & drow.

Anyways, my theorycrafting aside, how much leeway do we have in the culture & history of our chosen race? There's no real Elven Kingdom mentioned, nor any elven domain in the background section, so I am just curious if I could get any direction or if it's cool if I ad lib some stuff.

Thanks in advance and I apologize for the long post!
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Well you're a lot of help Thorp. :roll: :lol:

Okay...so...

Nameless the Warforged bushi spellblade
Jade the Half and half elven orc non-lethal hidden blade
Vahn von Noble the Human hexblade Paladin of the raven queen
Enyu the Aasimar radiance dancer

Two strikers, a tank with a nuke, and a role-balanced support (Which is to say she can do a bit of everything role-wise.. like a good bard.)
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

EpicEclipse wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:55 pm Well you're a lot of help Thorp. :roll: :lol:
I get that a lot. ;)
EpicEclipse wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:55 pm Okay...so...

Two strikers, a tank with a nuke, and a role-balanced support (Which is to say she can do a bit of everything role-wise.. like a good bard.)
You could make them all and I could look into running a game just for you. :D

I'm just trying to stay neutral as a GM should (unless they need to cheat). Any of them fit the setting and all of them sound good.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Camus

Re: THORPOCAVERSE FANTASY GAME - RECRUITING THREAD (UNTIL 8/17-ish)

Post by Camus »

I like the bard idea, not many concepts in that area. Mine is a ... Well I don't really find a niche for her. She is a martial artist with one attack, and a ranged caster with two spells
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

EpicEclipse wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:55 pm Well you're a lot of help Thorp. :roll: :lol:

Okay...so...

I'd go for either Vahn von Noble(great name,btw) or Jade the Half-ork/elf(not only would it be a neat story element,but a non-lethal Hidden Blade is always neat),or you could do what i do:Have all your Builds fight each other with the Winner getting picked....i'm a cruel person... :evil:
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Lol Macyn.

Yeah, I think all of them have good potential... not just mechanically, but plot and development wise.

Nameless would get on well with the monks as a wandering warrior seeking enlightenment by challenging himself and seeking the answer to why one fights. Leaning more towards a thoughtful and quiet kindness sort of personality.

Jade is an escapee from an orc horde fodder corps who was rescued and taught by an old martial adept to instill confidence so she might explore her new freedom. A bit shy, still lacking full confidence, but working on it.

Vahn is a somewhat intense "dark paladin" seeking aimless vengeance against the evil that took his home and family from him. He's not anti-social, just has a very hard... "edge" to him.

And Enyu has a stronger connection to radiance than other aasimar, able to draw it forth with her dances. Probably get along with most as a heart of the party type.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Khu-Amon
PL-6/60
Hero Points: 2

Archtype: Human (Sekhumnketi) Wizard
Height:6' 0"
Weight: 175
Hair: Black
Eyes:Green
Magic School: Evocation
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Deity of Worship: Kefnet
Base of Operation: Currently Gilthorian
Affiliations: Circle of Kefnet (An Order of Wizards loyal to the Pharaoh of Sekhumnket)

Reason For Adventuring: Khu-Amon is a scholar dispatched (along with others) to bring knowledge back to the Court of the Great Falcon (Pharaoh of Sekhumnket).

Why he may have to be Away: His obligations to both the Circle of Kefnet and the Great Falcon take precedence of all other business. Still, he will not betray a promise of service without an attempt to compensate the party for his absence.

Why He might have to leave: The Circle of Kefnet is sworn to offer its knowledge in service to the defense of Sekhumnket. War (or an internal threat) would certainly call him home.

ABILITIES: (14pp)
STRENGTH 0 STAMINA 0 AGILITY 0 DEXTERITY 0
FIGHTING 0 INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: (10pp/20)
Athletics (+0) , Close Combat Staff: 2 (+2), Insight 1(+3), Expertise[Magic] 6 (+9), Intimidation 2(+5) , Perception 1(+3), Persuasion 2 (+5), Ranged Combat [Magic] 6 (+6), Treatment 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES : (4pp)
Equipment 2, Languages 1 (Common, Tabaxi, Vedalken), Ritualist

POWERS: (18pp)
Cantrip: "Moonbeam" Feature [casts cone area light] (1pp)
Cantrip: "Create Water" Feature [Fills a waterskin with potable water] (1pp)
Evocation Array: [Quirk: Limited to 10 spells per day]
. . "Sunbeam" Ranged Damage 6 (fire) (12pp) ; (16pp total)
. . . . "Forceful Sphere" Protection 8 (Impervious 4, Sustained) (1pp)
. . . . "Insect Swarm" Ranged Cloud Area Affliction 6 [(Impaired, Disabled) ; Limited Degree] (1pp)
. . . . "Falcon Wings" Flight 6 [Flaw: Wings ; Linked to Powerlifting 6 (1 ton)] (1pp)
. . . . "Asp Touch" Damage 8 (poison) [Accurate 2, Incurable, Reversible] (1pp)
. . . . "Displacement" Illusion 8 [(visual, audio), Limited: Only one self-image, Limited: No area outside of self-image] Linked to Concealment 4 [All visual senses] (1pp)

Magic Items:
None

EQUIPMENT: (2pp) (10 ep)
Adventurer's Kit (5pp)
Ritualist Kit (1pp)
Masterwork Healer's Kit (2pp)
Staff (1pp)
"Wizard Robes" Protection 1 (1pp)

OFFENSE:
Initiative +0
Close Combat: Staff +2 , DC 17
Close Combat: "Asp Touch" +4, DC 23
Ranged Combat: "Sunbeam" +6, DC 21
Ranged AoE: "Insect Swarm" Affliction 6

DEFENSE: (14pp)
Dodge +3
Parry + 3
Toughness 1 / 9
Fortitude + 4
Will +6

Abilities (14) + Skills (10) + Advantages (4) + Powers (18) + Equipment (/10) + Defenses (14) = 60 pp

COMPLICATIONS
Motivation(Pursuit if Knowledge)= Detailing the culture, power structure, flora, fauna, and military might are just some of the areas that Khu-Amon wishes to record for his Pharaoh

Scholar or Spy? - Though he hides behind the occupation of scholar in many ways he is simply operating as a spy for his country. It would not be hard to convict him of espionage especially if one uses his own documentation against him.

Respects the Circles Authority - Khu-Amon is a fanatically loyal member of the Circle of Kefnet. He carries out their instructions...to the death, if necessary.

Women - He has a terrible weakness for them. He is particularly vulnerable to seduction. GMs discretion on interaction penalties.

BACKGROUND:
Khu-Amon has spent his life studying magic. He has secondary scholarly interests, but magic is his first. He has also spent his life in service to the Order of Kefnet who in turn serves the Pharaoh of Sekhumnket. He has been too focused on knowledge and power to acquire any lasting romantic relationships. That's probably for the best since he's far too promiscuous to ever commit to a single woman. He is presently in Gilthorian looking to team up with explorers/adventurers who will accompany him on more knowledge-gathering expeditions
Last edited by Supernaturalist on Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Ok, since there was a glut of "strikers" I opted for a wizard. Let me know if anything about my points or the concept doesn't work. ;)
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

MIGHT be able to get something together by the new closing date- I'll have to get to work.

Step one: cut my concept list in half.
Step two: ACTUALLY build some of them, instead of toying about...
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Ghost of Krypton wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:44 pm Trying to find the History of the Elves in Gloriant here is what I've come across so far;

So working Backwards;
Campaign Year 0
Campaign Year -25 Conclusion of the 2nd Great War
Campaign Year -30 Events of 2nd Great War [Assume 5 year duration]
Campaign Year -230 Conclusion of the 1st great War; Reign of High King Valerdia Sunstar
Campaign Year -250 Events of 1st Great War [Assume a Score of Years ... it reads Many years ... 20 is a generation of men]
Campaign Year -500 Night of the Falling Stars [Ending the Time of Torment]
Campaign Year -833 Events of the Time of Torment Begin
Campaign Year -2833 Time of Creation Ends
So approximately 850 years ago the Elves bail during the Time of Troubles and return long enough to have an established High King by -230, assume a kingdom takes three generations to develop, and call a generation of elves a century, they likely returned about 550 years ago, having spent 300 years, in isolation.

Now High King Valerdia is alive at the end of the 1st Great War, and two hundred years pass, there's no mention of Elven kingdoms in the history of the 2nd Great War. At this point I think they may have gone into seclusion staying away from the affairs of men, or they worked against Montarrio in secret fearing the connection that could be drawn between elf & drow.

Anyways, my theorycrafting aside, how much leeway do we have in the culture & history of our chosen race? There's no real Elven Kingdom mentioned, nor any elven domain in the background section, so I am just curious if I could get any direction or if it's cool if I ad lib some stuff.

Thanks in advance and I apologize for the long post!
Well, obviously, Tolkien I am not when it comes to history in my setting so you have quite a bit of leeway. Ad lib away. :)
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Supernaturalist wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:47 pm Ok, since there was a glut of "strikers" I opted for a wizard. Let me know if anything about my points or the concept doesn't work. ;)
I like the concept, there are a couple of background elements that I would recommend tweaking. I'll PM you later tonight. I'm glad someone finally threw in a good old fashioned wizard. I was hoping my magic rules wouldn't scare people off of that archetype like they often do in D&D.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

pathfinderq1 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:14 am MIGHT be able to get something together by the new closing date- I'll have to get to work.

Step one: cut my concept list in half.
Step two: ACTUALLY build some of them, instead of toying about...
Sorry about the timeline move, I felt like I was getting submissions in quick order and with things being out of whack with the Odinthorpe, it felt like the right thing to do at the time. He was supposed to go home from the nursing home last week but he had some setbacks and he's still not quite able to do what he needs to do to go home yet. We're hoping PT this week and next will do it as long as things continue progressing.

I always struggle with narrowing things down, too, which is why I have 30+ "PCs" for this setting and why I keep building at J-Mart. So I totally get it.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Loneclaw wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:43 pm
Camus wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:12 pm
Loneclaw wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:09 pm Camus, do you know me from somewhere? If so, I'm not sure I know who you are. :?
Evolucion from Ronin army (signature is the same and avatar is the same character =D )
Ah, I had a suspicion that it was you! Nice to see you here too! ^w^
Glad you guys are here and thanks for submitting. I'm reviewing everything submitted today and I'll try to get to you with feedback before the night is up, I hope.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:14 am
Supernaturalist wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:47 pm Ok, since there was a glut of "strikers" I opted for a wizard. Let me know if anything about my points or the concept doesn't work. ;)
I like the concept, there are a couple of background elements that I would recommend tweaking. I'll PM you later tonight. I'm glad someone finally threw in a good old fashioned wizard. I was hoping my magic rules wouldn't scare people off of that archetype like they often do in D&D.
I actually thought about making my old D&D Charismatic Wizard(and legal Necromancer) Orpheus Spyros,but liked the thought of a D&D Detective better...
Thorpocalypse

Re: Ankara

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:13 am Image

Not everyone would scribble a character on the back of receipt paper when they're supposed to be working, but *I* would, just to prove to you how much I want to be in this game :).
Now that is the kind of flattery that gets characters extra HP if they get into the game. 8-)
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:13 am Powers:
"Half-Shokan Physiology"
Senses 4 (Infravision, Low-light Vision, Acute & Extended Scent) [4]
Extra Limbs 2 (2 extra arms, Extra: Innate) [3]
Leaping 1 (15 ft) [1]

"Half-Goliath Physiology"
"Goliath Size" Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent) [5]
I like the combination. All the power and size of the Shokan mixed with...uh...the power and size of a Goliath... :shock:
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:13 am
(PS my original character came out to 97 points. Holy God do I suck at narrowing these things down :))
Looks like you trimmed her down pretty well. 60 pts doesn't give a lot of room for customization, which was my plan. PL6 compared to PL5 is significantly different than something like PL11 to PL12, I've noticed.