Gloriant: Age of Adventure (OOC Thread)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (OOC Thread)

Post by Flynnarrel »

What are lighting conditions like? I'm guessing partial concealment given the proximity to dawn.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:53 pm What are lighting conditions like? I'm guessing partial concealment given the proximity to dawn.
Plotting that out as we e-speak. Mostly requires low-light vision to avoid penalties but near the fire is normal lighting. Of course, critters tend to avoid fires...

Crappy map is coming. ;)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

1--Nice crappy map(i'm awe-inspiring horrible at map making myself. :D).Turned ou my "completing the circle" comment was spot on...
2--" Hungry like a Dire Wolf"....*brings ugly old lady from Princess Bride out.Hands her a bullhorn as she says BOO!,then pays her money to leave*. :P
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

I put up an IC post for Lena, since I might not have time time to do anything tomorrow. Should be okay unless Zezzaka wanted that exact wolf.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

That's cool, I don't want to be too much of a stickler about order. I've seen PBP combat drag on forever waiting on people to go in order so I'd rather just keep it moving and let people go as they can.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:39 am That's cool, I don't want to be too much of a stickler about order. I've seen PBP combat drag on forever waiting on people to go in order so I'd rather just keep it moving and let people go as they can.
You know,what i tend to do is let my players post up then i set their actions up in order of Initiative.It both saves some time and let's me order the story a bit better..
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

The downside to that method is if one player’s actions play off of or coordinate with another’s.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

In a playstyle like that, it benefits players to talk in OOC about plans, let everyone know what they are thinking. :)
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

I can see that for a well seasoned group used to working together. Not for people who didn't know each other two days ago.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:12 am I can see that for a well seasoned group used to working together. Not for people who didn't know each other two days ago.
I said out of character. :P Obviously in character wouldn't be calling shots to each other. This is just to keep the action flowing smoothly for everyone to enjoy the game.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Did I read that right that none of the wolves came within melee range?

And in the North we have a group of two regular wolves, then a group of a dire wolf and 2 regular wolves?

Maybe an updated map would help?
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

You are correct that none of them came into melee range without you moving to them. And I will update my crappy map tomorrow for reference.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Sorry, crazy busy week, heading out of town for the weekend, try to get something up tomorrow night or Monday. Again, my apologies.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

With the updated map, Zezzaka analyzed DW 2and moved to be between them and the horses if needed
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Hey gang,

I talked to my stepmother earlier today and my dad is finally getting out of the nursing home in a week or so after being in stir for 6 months after he broke his leg. I'm going to need to go home and help out for a while to get him settled in, work with the home health folks, etc. It's great news, but I'm going to need to put the game on hiatus for a while. I know, it probably feels like it's on hiatus already. :)

I'd been crazy busy but my son's football season just ended so I made the mistake of thinking, "well, now that things are settling down..."

My apologies, hopefully I'll be able to pick things eventually, but with trying to get things in line at Thorpe's Deep before I leave and then being there sans PC, I'm going to have to let this go for a bit. Thanks everyone for the fun so far and hopefully we'll be able to get this going again later.