Gloriant: Age of Adventure (OOC Thread)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Thorpocalypse

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (OOC Thread)

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:09 pm Question Thorp, do the Vedalken have their own language or is it just Radjedesh?
It would just be Rajadeshi.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Ghost of Krypton

Post by Ghost of Krypton »

Hey Thorp, you mentioned tweaking our builds, I may need to shift a point or two around, however one thing I noticed, the Elven template has both Darkvision (2 pts) & Lowlight Vision (1 pt).
Darkvision: You can see in complete darkness as if it were normal daylight; darkness provides no concealment to your vision. This is essentially the same as Counters Concealment (Darkness).
Lowlight: You ignore circumstance penalties to visual Perception checks for poor lighting, so long as it is not completely dark.
Would it be more thematic to swap Extended Hearing, or Ultra Hearing for Lowlight? Again, just curious and offering a suggestion, but you are Lord & Master of Gloriant so I am content to respect your ruling as stands. :D
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Ghost of Krypton wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:47 am
Darkvision: You can see in complete darkness as if it were normal daylight; darkness provides no concealment to your vision. This is essentially the same as Counters Concealment (Darkness).
Lowlight: You ignore circumstance penalties to visual Perception checks for poor lighting, so long as it is not completely dark.
Would it be more thematic to swap Extended Hearing, or Ultra Hearing for Lowlight? Again, just curious and offering a suggestion, but you are Lord & Master of Gloriant so I am content to respect your ruling as stands. :D
Well, I gave them both because technically they do different things. I see elves as being able to see in both dim and no light. So I would rule to leave them as is. However, when I start giving out points, which will happen fairly quickly as I am just a peach of a GM, I would definitely think that extended hearing would be a good thematic addition.

EDIT: Also, I don't recall anyone speaking goblin or orc unless I misread something. Those are two very prevalent races in the area...
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost of Krypton

Lord, Master & a Peach! I like this game more and more! :)
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I think i got a point remaining,so i'll drop it into languages and add both.

As an aside,Lord Thorp of Gloriant(i might be trying to butter you up here... :) ),would Berend know of anyone with the last name of Parne in the area?
Ghost of Krypton

Remember, in regards to Tal's inquiry Brant Parne retired to the area almost eight hundred years ago, that would be almost 40 generations, the last name Parne may have been married off, or any number of things. If it makes subplots easier and gets some of us pointed in the same direction, Prestark could be his descendent.

Just sayin', eight hundred years is a LONG time even in a fantasy game.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Ghost of Krypton wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:42 am Remember, in regards to Tal's inquiry Brant Parne retired to the area almost eight hundred years ago, that would be almost 40 generations, the last name Parne may have been married off, or any number of things. If it makes subplots easier and gets some of us pointed in the same direction, Prestark could be his descendent.

That Would work really well,only Prestark supposedly fought in th second great war so he might be a little too old to be a Parne decendent.He MIGHT,however,know where one is in the area. ;)
Ghost of Krypton

Parne retired after the 1st Great War, six hundred years before the 2nd great War, Prestark could easily be a descendent of a 1st Great War veteran unless my math is off.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

MacynSnow wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:12 pm
Ghost of Krypton wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:42 am Remember, in regards to Tal's inquiry Brant Parne retired to the area almost eight hundred years ago, that would be almost 40 generations, the last name Parne may have been married off, or any number of things. If it makes subplots easier and gets some of us pointed in the same direction, Prestark could be his descendent.

That Would work really well,only Prestark supposedly fought in th second great war so he might be a little too old to be a Parne decendent.He MIGHT,however,know where one is in the area. ;)
Timeline wise he could easily be in the Parne line. The first Great War was a millennia ago but he fought in the last one which was around 20-25 years ago.

But that’s a little too neat and tidy don’t you think? I can’t resolve all the plot hooks that quick if I want to keep this game going until 2025. ;)
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:29 pm But that’s a little too neat and tidy don’t you think? I can’t resolve all the plot hooks that quick if I want to keep this game going until 2025. ;)
2025?! Ambitious! But I'm in.
And this is just the initial plot hooks, I'm sure there are plenty available - there's always another Parne descendant or observable legendary fighter out there.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

It won't be today and it won't be tomorrow. It won't be next week or the week after. But at some point, rest assured that you fine folks are going to face...

GORECLAW!!!

It's not often something so silly makes me laugh like that card did, but I giggled at my desk for half my lunch about that card. The flavor text just makes that card. I am so building a deck around her.

The real question is when I stat her up, do I make her PL20 or PLX? :lol:
MacynSnow wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:12 am BEREND TALNOTH
HP- 2 Condition-Normal

Standing up to stretch his back,Berend finishes speaking(raising his voice so the other's in the Pub can hear him)
"better to make this official then...I'm Color Sergeant Berend Talnoth,Darrax Guard.I've been Authorized by the townships of Darrax and Iredell to gather a group of no more than 6 'Adventurer's'(myself added in) with the writ to 'Investigate and Contain' the Bandit's whut been making Nusences(?) o'themselves.If yer intrested in doin' a bit of Good fer the area and gettin' paid fer it in the bargain, i'll be here untill shortly 'afore Sunrise tomorrow..."
Looks like Ankara got her invitation. ;) I'll give everyone a chance to respond to Berend's offer before I make my next post.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:53 am It won't be today and it won't be tomorrow. It won't be next week or the week after. But at some point, rest assured that you fine folks are going to face...

GORECLAW!!!

It's not often something so silly makes me laugh like that card did, but I giggled at my desk for half my lunch about that card. The flavor text just makes that card. I am so building a deck around her.

The real question is when I stat her up, do I make her PL20 or PLX? :lol:
I actually have that card in my Red/Green Landfall deck,as i got a Couple of rather Expensive Beaters(2 Oran-Rief Hydra's,my Embodiment of Fury/Insight and Grunn,The Lonely King) and she makes casting them cheaper.She also has an intresting link to a Legendary Temur Chieftain in Takir,so i'd put her at PL 11-12 maybe.You could just increase the power of your Bear template,or even make her Awakened and the Mother of Bear the barBEARian...;)
Ghost of Krypton

Just as an FYI, my wife's grandmother passed yesterday, while not entirely unexpected it was, and remains to be, a difficult time for the family. I will have a post up in response to the current scene but it may be delayed until this evening or perhaps tomorrow.

Just wanted to let you folks know. Thanks for your understanding.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Ghost of Krypton wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:56 am Just as an FYI, my wife's grandmother passed yesterday, while not entirely unexpected it was, and remains to be, a difficult time for the family. I will have a post up in response to the current scene but it may be delayed until this evening or perhaps tomorrow.

Just wanted to let you folks know. Thanks for your understanding.
Sorry to hear 'bout your loss bro,just take all the time you need...
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Sorry for your loss, Ghost. Saw your post but don't worry about the game during this time. Family first, of course. We can work around things if you're going to be out of pocket for a while.