Gloriant: Age of Adventure (OOC Thread)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Jabroniville

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (OOC Thread)

Post by Jabroniville »

KEREVISION?? Jesus, that takes me back. Whatever happened to that dude?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

I can see Ankara holding up a sign that says 'Looking For Group'.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

I saw the post late last night. I didn't have time to make a good post. I'll post when I get off work this afternoon...earlier if I can.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:51 am KEREVISION?? Jesus, that takes me back. Whatever happened to that dude?
I thought you'd appreciate that. Only us ATT old timers would get that reference.

I'm not sure. He came back for a little bit once 3E started but then he bailed. His Kerevision was really one my main inspirations for J-Mart. I plan on throwing in a few references to old posters as NPCs and such throughout the campaign. It's too easy to work in references to Taliesin the Bard, a mission for the BARON and the legendary Itheryl Knight. ;)
Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:09 am I can see Ankara holding up a sign that says 'Looking For Group'.
That was one of my favorite in-game posts of all time. It was wonderfully meta and to the point. :ugeek:
Supernaturalist wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:21 pm I saw the post late last night. I didn't have time to make a good post. I'll post when I get off work this afternoon...earlier if I can.
Unacceptable. There can be no "work" during this campaign. I require 24-hour commitment. :twisted:

No rush. I can start replying to some other posts in a bit since I took off work (not for this, I feel crappy). It's all good, just post when you can.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
L-Space

Re: THORPOCAVERSE FANTASY GAME - RECRUITING THREAD (UNTIL 8/17-ish)

Post by L-Space »

MacynSnow wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:51 pm
L-Space wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:21 pm Oh and those are some cool Pandaren pics. I have one in mind , but keep forgetting to add it when I get home.
Thank you,i found them on Google.I'm particularly fond of the Third one,but it's a little too small for a PC Portrait,Though now i'm curiouse as what yours looks like...:D
Just realized I never actually put a picture up for my PC. Fixed. Went with a slightly haggard (read: Drunk/Hungover) looking pic :D.
Formerly luketheduke86
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

The Panderan has a war club and leather armor.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:32 pm The Panderan has a war club and leather armor.
Then allow me to edit that post.... :oops:
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

MacynSnow wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:34 pm
Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:32 pm The Panderan has a war club and leather armor.
:? Did I miss something? In all fairness, with his gi on it would be hard to see his armor Plus I was thinking of ditching the armor to be more monk-like.
Formerly luketheduke86
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

L-Space wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:00 pm
:? Did I miss something? In all fairness, with his gi on it would be hard to see his armor Plus I was thinking of ditching the armor to be more monk-like.
Macyn originally had Berend see the Panderan as without weapons; I pointed out Tae had a war club (and armor) as per his sheet. Macyn edited.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

I'll pause there so I'm not over posting.

Ghost, how recognizable would Tal'endir be as a healer? Is his holy symbol visible?
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:27 pm I'll pause there so I'm not over posting.

Ghost, how recognizable would Tal'endir be as a healer? Is his holy symbol visible?
Yeah,i'd better paus here too,just in case...:)
Ghost of Krypton

Post by Ghost of Krypton »

Hey there Macyn, I have a request, just from a formatting point of view, while Quoting is useful if responding to a conversation or comment a few posts up. Quoting a post directly above the response just feels clunky, and distracting, though again it's only a personal preference just wanted to mention it.

As for Tal'endir, it's not openly displayed, though there are likely references to his faith in the intricacies and scroll work of both armor and his warbow, simple and adorned not ostentatious at all.

I'll try to get a post up in the next few hours once I'm home from the office.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:12 pm
L-Space wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:00 pm

Macyn originally had Berend see the Panderan as without weapons; I pointed out Tae had a war club (and armor) as per his sheet. Macyn edited.
Ah, gotcha. Yea, the armor is still on there, I messaged Thorp about making a couple of last minute changes, but waiting on the go ahead before actually doing it.
Formerly luketheduke86
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

I forgot about the armor, too. But I did give L-Space the go ahead to make that tweak to go without it.

Speaking of which, if you want to give your characters a once over and make some tweaks before the first encounter, which is still probably a ways away since we are all the chatty sort ;) go ahead, just give me a heads up.

I'll probably also give you a chance to re-adjust after a couple of encounters if your character is not working the way you hoped. Sometimes how something looks on "paper" doesn't play out in "real life" so we can discuss. Bad rolling is not factored into that, however... ;)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Question Thorp, do the Vedalken have their own language or is it just Radjedesh?