Gloriant: Age of Adventure (OOC Thread)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EpicEclipse

Re: THORPOCAVERSE FANTASY GAME - RECRUITING REOPENED...

Post by EpicEclipse »

I can only picture Katy Perry's "Firework" playing over a montage of Jade's year of training with Vylla, kind of sung from Vylla's perspective to Jade.
Ghost of Krypton

Post by Ghost of Krypton »

Updated Tal'endir¸with a history and such, feel free to take a look, will likely tweak the build a point or two, and get up complications tomorrow at some point.

Hopefully the background doesn't conflict too much with Thorp's vision of elves and the world of Gloriant. I'll admit the True Naming, and Name Giver concepts were freely stolen from Earth Dawn only because I love the idea of Naming as a way of gaining power ... it works so well with the idea of adventuring and building your legend.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I made a small edit because I decided needing a weapon for her defensive and healing dance was kind of silly... so I removed that quirk, and reduced Healing by 1 rank to keep it's cost where it needs to be (Deflect was fine where it was, already costing 2 less than the base skill before removing the quirk))
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

As i looked over possible combinations of member,i noticed that the majority of us aren't designed for what i like to call "Tank Brawling": Basically the Tank draws enemy fire&whatnot while everybody else does their thing...
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

MacynSnow wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:14 am As i looked over possible combinations of member,i noticed that the majority of us aren't designed for what i like to call "Tank Brawling": Basically the Tank draws enemy fire&whatnot while everybody else does their thing...
Deflect.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

MacynSnow wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:14 am As i looked over possible combinations of member,i noticed that the majority of us aren't designed for what i like to call "Tank Brawling": Basically the Tank draws enemy fire&whatnot while everybody else does their thing...
Granted it depends on who get's chosen, but any enemy who ignores plan b's Bear, Jab's Shokan/Goliath fighter, and/or my Pandaren warrior monk are going to be in for a world of hurt :lol:.
Formerly luketheduke86
Plan b

Re: THORPOCAVERSE FANTASY GAME - RECRUITING CLOSING 8/20

Post by Plan b »

Bear's really designed to be a one-on-one lockdown tank, his standard attack routine is charge unarmed attack, grapple, trip then demoralise rather than deal with multiple enemies.

Given the amount of multi-attack floating around in the other builds it seemed more useful.
Ghost of Krypton

Post by Ghost of Krypton »

Um, yay for AoE Heals, because our tanks will likely need it!
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Ghost of Krypton wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:45 pm Um, yay for AoE Heals, because our tanks will likely need it!
If that particular character makes it in. :P

I've been looking at the roster and there are a lot of viable party compositions in there, mechanically. Background and personality wise, not QUITE as many. While all the submissions are adventurers, some are simply going to get along better with some more than others, and with how solid many of these submissions are mechanically, the final picks will probably come down more to that kind of character compatibility for party cohesion in personalities rather than purely mechanical efficiency.

I think I have probably the most detailed submission (y'know, to show how interested I am in the game since I lack the talent to go and draw my character on the back of a receipt :mrgreen: ), but I still don't feel like Jade is necessarily a guaranteed pick.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Speaking of selections, since it looks like everyone has wrapped up their updates, I'm going to switch this over to OOC and start the IC later tonight if all goes well. Don't post on the IC until I give the go-ahead, I'm probably going to move some stuff from my Fantasy thread to it for easier reference.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:56 am Speaking of selections, since it looks like everyone has wrapped up their updates, I'm going to switch this over to OOC and start the IC later tonight if all goes well. Don't post on the IC until I give the go-ahead, I'm probably going to move some stuff from my Fantasy thread to it for easier reference.
I'm guessing the announcement of the selections is in there somewhere too. :lol:
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

EpicEclipse wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:21 am
Thorpocalypse wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:56 am Speaking of selections, since it looks like everyone has wrapped up their updates, I'm going to switch this over to OOC and start the IC later tonight if all goes well. Don't post on the IC until I give the go-ahead, I'm probably going to move some stuff from my Fantasy thread to it for easier reference.
I'm guessing the announcement of the selections is in there somewhere too. :lol:
Mayhaps a posting of the Main Cast and Guest Stars will be done tonight. ;)
Thorpocalypse

Re: Age of Gloriant (OOC Thread) - Recruiting Closed

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Well, it’s that time I looked forward to yet didn't want to do. Thanks again to everyone who submitted characters, all of them were great.

Here are the selections for the game. As I mentioned before, I’m going to be working to write this cinematically so the "Main Cast" are the characters we’re starting with and the Guest Stars I would like to make at least “cameo appearances” in the game as things move along. I do have ideas for all of them to appear in the game world so I'll be in touch with your agents at some point, hopefully. :)

MAIN CAST:
Ankara (Shokan-Goliath Fighter) - Jabroniville
Berend Talnoth (Dwarven Rogue Investigator) - MacynSnow
Khu-Amon (Human Wizard) - Supernaturalist
Tae-Phoon (Panderian Monk) - L-Space
Tal'endir, Favored Son of Corellon Larethian (Elven Archer Healer) - Ghost of Krypton
Zezzaka (Vedalken Monk) - Flynnarrel

GUEST STARRING:

Bear (Barbearian) - Plan b
Lenya'ra Shwartzgrendt (Latent Werewolf Warrior) -
pathfinderq1

Jegherda “Jade” (Half-Orc/Half-Aasimar Radiant Dancer - EpicEclipse
Irene Everleigh the Demonbound (Human Demon Summoner Cook) - Loneclaw
Lemidora the Sand Sage (Tortle Sand Bending Monk) - Camus
Yasmira Spirisong (Human Spirit Caller) – pathfinderq1
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Disappointed Jade didn't make the main cast, but there's always the potential someone could drop out. :)

But like I said, an in-depth submission doesn't guarantee anything.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Yahoo,i got in! Really looking forward to this game... :D