D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
User avatar
Ysariel
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:14 pm

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by Ysariel » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:02 pm

Célestina (Tina)

"Wait," Tina says, suddenly thinking of something.

And then she is off in the wake of Sariel's ice beam. But, instead of laying into the goblins, she heads for the horn and manages to get just far enough to put it within easy reach. While Evan starts dealing with the goblins, she's going to make sure they can't call for help. And this way, Ector won't have to waste a spell on anything.

The horn might even come in handy somehow: Tina had a momentary, irrational urge to creep up behind someone, toot it in their ear and give them the fright of their life. Even lady knights have to let their hair down sometimes.

OOC
Tina moves 3 squares, or 30ft, to P10. However I don't recall if you can pick up items in adjacent squares or not, so I left my description vague. If you can, then Tina will pick up the horn as a move action. If not, then she will ready her longsword attack on any goblin moving into a square adjacent to both her and the horn.

stavaros_the_arcane
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:17 pm

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by stavaros_the_arcane » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:28 am

OOC: Sorry I still haven't been able to fix the scale on the base image for the map, it should be 5ft per square not 10ft. So if you want to move to the horn's square you can do so easily but I'm going to say you can pick it up from the adjacent square. And picking up the Horn will be your action for this turn.

IC:
It is a fair sized horn, for a small creature like the goblins it would probably take two hands to lift and use but Celestina is able to easily grab it from the crude stand on which it was resting.

As long as she has it the Goblins won't be able to raise the alarm for any of their fellows down in the tomb or out in the surrounding area.

Ector's turn next.

User avatar
Arkrite
Posts: 1154
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:16 pm
Location: Canada

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by Arkrite » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:34 am

Ector Blagettal
HP: 11/11

Ector watches as Celestina completely disregards her own plan and goes after the horn herself.

He pauses and wonders if she still wants him to hit it with a spell, but decides that it would be poor decision. Instead he charges up to assist Evan, taking Celestina's role. As he drew close to Evan he silent said a prayer, asking Slog to send down a sacred flame to smite the other goblin.
OOC: Move to N 11
Sacred Flame on the other goblin. I believe it needs to beat a DC13 dex check or it takes 5 Damage.
Sacred Flame attack on Goblin: 1D8 = [5] = 5

stavaros_the_arcane
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:17 pm

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by stavaros_the_arcane » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:41 am

The Goblin shrieks as its engulfed by flaming holy energies. Near blind from pain it runs at Ector and flails ineffectively against the armored bulk of the source of its pain.

The goblin that Evan punched, seeing that the raising the alarm is no longer an option takes a clumsy swing at the halfling which the monk easily avoids.

OOC: Goblin save vs sacred flame DC13: 1D20 + 2 = [3]+2 = 5 definitely fails that save so it takes that 5 damage.

Okay Goblin turn: One goblin will move from L10 to M11, the other will stay put. One will swing at Evan the other at Ector.

Goblin attack against Evan: 1D20 + 4 = [9]+4 = 13
Goblin attack against Ector: 1D20 + 4 = [1]+4 = 5
Both fail, poor stupid goblins. Back to the top of the order, Evan you're up

Image

EnigmaticOne
Posts: 538
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:02 am
Location: Massachusetts

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by EnigmaticOne » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:59 am

Evan Roadbound

Evan punched out the goblin after its clumsy swing, and then darted in to close on the other goblin, but cut short his attack when it flailed too close to him with burning limbs.
Unarmed Attack: 1D20+6 = [9]+6 = 15
That should just hit according to your prior mention, so Unarmed Damage: 1D4+4 = [3]+4 = 7
Should incapacitate, so move action to close the one space and trigger bonus action to allow the follow up unarmed attack...
Unarmed Attack: 1D20+6 = [1]+6 = 7
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Vortex in Force OPs
Evan Roadbound in The Golden Wheel Turns
Capricorn in Claremont Academy: The Delinquents

stavaros_the_arcane
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:17 pm

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by stavaros_the_arcane » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:06 am

EnigmaticOne wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:59 am
Evan Roadbound

Evan punched out the goblin after its clumsy swing, and then darted in to close on the other goblin, but cut short his attack when it flailed too close to him with burning limbs.
Unarmed Attack: 1D20+6 = [9]+6 = 15
That should just hit according to your prior mention, so Unarmed Damage: 1D4+4 = [3]+4 = 7
Should incapacitate, so move action to close the one space and trigger bonus action to allow the follow up unarmed attack...
Unarmed Attack: 1D20+6 = [1]+6 = 7
The first goblin collapses in a heap, while the second manages to keep out of your reach with its panicked flailing.

OOC: Okay one down, that just leaves the Goblin at M11.
Sariel is up.

User avatar
Ysariel
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:14 pm

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by Ysariel » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:53 pm

Célestina (Tina)

Oops, Tina thinks as she sees Evan rush to take her place, then remembers that she has not, in fact, communicated her sudden stroke of tactical brilliance out loud. In a skirmish she might count on companions to have enough initiative to adapt to a sudden change of plans, but if she were a High Marshal commanding hundreds of knights and several thousand score men-at-arms, such blunders might end in a great many widows and widowers.

Tina rather hopes she will not be put in such a spot too soon, even though her heart soars with the ambition of shouldering such a weighty responsibility. She hopes that is how her parents died, directing the Choir of Saints to pierce the mirages and firestorms conjured by Djinni sorcerors, riding forth at the head of Knights Exemplar to smash the fanatical enemy.

Shaking her mind off thoughts of wars far away and long ago, she holds the horn aloft to let the goblins know they have quite failed in their duty. Who knows, perhaps the little buggers will lose their nerve knowing there is no longer a goblin horde ready to ride to their rescue.

OOC
No action, just an IC post to keep me in things

User avatar
Psistrike
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:57 pm
Contact:

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by Psistrike » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:48 pm

Sariel Amastacia

"Pardon the pun, but it is time to freeze you in your tracks, goblin." Firing a blistering ray of elemental cold at the last goblin standing, her aim off as it appears it will miss. When suddenly by sheer chance it veers back on course and strikes the goblin true, only for the act of redirecting it to have drained some of the cold away from the ray in the process.

OOC: Attack roll: 1D20+5 = [5]+5 = 10 Nope, using her Tides of Chaos to have advantage on this attack roll: Attack roll: 1D20+5 = [14]+5 = 19 Damage roll for Ray of Frost: Ray of Frost damage roll: 1D8 = [2] = 2 Well, if he survives at least it slows him by 10 feet until the start of my next turn.

stavaros_the_arcane
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:17 pm

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by stavaros_the_arcane » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:07 pm

Psistrike wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:48 pm
Sariel Amastacia

"Pardon the pun, but it is time to freeze you in your tracks, goblin." Firing a blistering ray of elemental cold at the last goblin standing, her aim off as it appears it will miss. When suddenly by sheer chance it veers back on course and strikes the goblin true, only for the act of redirecting it to have drained some of the cold away from the ray in the process.

OOC: Attack roll: 1D20+5 = [5]+5 = 10 Nope, using her Tides of Chaos to have advantage on this attack roll: Attack roll: 1D20+5 = [14]+5 = 19 Damage roll for Ray of Frost: Ray of Frost damage roll: 1D8 = [2] = 2 Well, if he survives at least it slows him by 10 feet until the start of my next turn.
OOC: that is exactly how much damage you needed to drop him.

Thinking your attack missed, the goblin's face takes on a look of utter bewilderment when it makes its improbable redirection. As such the stupid looking expression is literally frozen on his face as he drops lifelessly to the ground.

You have successfully defeated the Goblin Sentries without any alarm being raised.
You have One unconscious Goblin prisoner.
Treasure recovered: 1 Horn, 20 Copper pieces, and if you want any of it the gear the goblins were wearing which consist of two sets of cheap leather armor with shield, two scimitars (same poor quality as the caravan raiders) and two more of the tribal tokens.
Divide that up as you see fit.

Combat is over, you have a prisoner. what will you do next?

User avatar
Arkrite
Posts: 1154
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:16 pm
Location: Canada

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by Arkrite » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:26 am

Ector Blagettal
HP: 11/11

Ector watches as the last goblin falls, and puts his war hammer and shield away.

He leaves the one Evan dealt with for Evan to handle, and does a quick search of the dead goblin. The coins he tosses to Evan to hold onto and to distribute later. The sword is inspected with a disappointed grimace and returned to the dead goblin. The only thing he keeps is the token which he hands to Celestina.

"Am sorry. Misunderstood request, Ector is not able to hit horn while is being held," He gives her a sheepish look, "Is more likely to hit holder than horn. Is not worth risk."

He looks at the dead goblin, "Am thinking is good time to hide body in bush, yes?"

User avatar
Ysariel
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:14 pm

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by Ysariel » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:38 pm

Célestina (Tina)

Tina grins sheepishly at Ector as she takes the goblin tokens. "You did well, Sir Blagettal. I should've told you of the change in plans. It's always possible this," she holds up the horn, "may come in handy in unexpected ways."

She turns to the others and sheathes her sword. "Excellent work, Sariel, Evans. You managed to get one alive? Then let's ask some questions and see if we can't discover what is afoot."

She agrees with Ector that the goblin body is best hidden in the bushes and starts dragging the corpse to where it will, hopefully, not be found too quickly.

"Help me bring the captive inside. We'll do our interrogation there, hidden from prying eyes." Tina draws her sword, and steps forth to open the tome's doors.

OOC

Tina will drag the dead goblin behind some bushes and attempt to conceal it. I think trying to hide something is basically a stealth check (IIRC that's how it was in M&M) so I made a dex check. But if I'm wrong, feel free to just apply any appropriate modifiers. There's a link to my character sheet at the top of this post.

D&D Tina Untrained Dex: 1D20+1 = [14]+1 = 15

Then she'll attempt to open the tomb's doors, or if the doors are already open, step inside. It's entirely possible there is some trap or ambush here so I'll stop my action here.

stavaros_the_arcane
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:17 pm

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by stavaros_the_arcane » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:19 pm

OOC: I'll be honest, Stealth usually means hiding yourself but I can't think of a more appropriate skill at the moment so I'll let you use that roll. You aren't proficient in stealth so its essentially a straight Dex check. I'm going to say hiding bodies is one of those things where the as long as you can justify the roll you are using its probably fine.

IC: The small body of the goblin is easily dragged into the underbrush, and stashed amid some thick plant life out of easy view.

As you return to the Tomb entrance you peer past the wreckage of the great stone doors that once sealed the entrance of this sacred place. The remains of the doors appear to have fallen inwards to the floor of a small entrance chamber, as though something battered them down from the outside. Broken remains of oil lamps and other light sources lie discarded around, the chamber only lit by the sunlight streaming in from outside.

The main feature of the small chamber is a staircase descending underground, the main tomb must be farther below.

User avatar
Arkrite
Posts: 1154
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:16 pm
Location: Canada

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by Arkrite » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:27 am

Ector Blagettal
HP: 11/11

Ector walks in, looking at the room, and sniffing the air.

Pausing he says a quick prayer, as an appeasement for interfering in what was once the a sacred place, then he turns to the others and hooks a thumb over his shoulder at the staircase.

"Ector will watch staircase," He says, moving over to make sure nobody is coming up the stairs while they're distracted.

User avatar
Psistrike
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:57 pm
Contact:

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by Psistrike » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:55 am

Sariel Amastacia

Sariel walks over to the goblin and gets in his face. "Listen up, we want information on this operation and your buddies. You are going to give it to it. Or else I can make things very...weird for you since I'm a wild magic sorceress."

OOC: No attempt at Charisma check for Intimidation, as Sariel would bomb it. Just for flavor and to back up Celestina's good cop.

User avatar
Ysariel
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:14 pm

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by Ysariel » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:31 pm

Célestina (Tina)

Célestina points at Sariel, glaring sternly at the goblin. "Did you hear that? A wild. Magic. Sorceress. Theirs is not the formulaic magic of the arcanum and scholasticae. It is the ancient spellcraft of the Sidhe, wild and untamable as a summer storm. Cities have burned and forests turned to ash before that horrid power let loose. Not even they know the full terrors their magic can conjure."

"But worst of all," her voice lowers to a conspirational hush now, "worst of all are their shapechanging powers. Do you know what it is like to be turned into a potted plant? Huh? Huh?" she asks. "Mute. Deaf. Blind. Paralyzed, weeping in silent agony as a caterpillar chews away at your limbs and a stray dog relieves itself on you. Would you like to be turned into one? Because I assure you, and I ASSURE you, that is but the very least of what this nightmarish terror --" she stabs a finger at Sariel for emphasis -- "can imagine doing."

She leans in close to the goblin and breathes right down its throat. (Tina suddenly wonders if she smells as bad to the goblin as goblins do to her.) "Now listen very carefully, you wretched little bugger. You will tell us everything of what you and your fellows are up to in this tomb, down to who sent you here, what you are guarding, how many of you there are and what you ate for rations. If you do not, or if I so much as SUSPECT a word of untruth out of your halitosic mouth, SHE will unleash her spells on you. You will be turned into a potted plant. Or a chamberpot. Or a plant in a chamberpot... the point is, the rest of your eternal existence will be spent in mute, unbearable torment. You will beg for death and have not the lips to utter your plea. Now start talking!" She gives the captive a painful jab between the ribs with her gauntleted finger.

OOC

I really should have taken Intimidation instead of persuasion. There's nobody to play bad cop to my good cop!

D&D Charisma: 1D20+3 = [9]+3 = 12

Post Reply