D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Psistrike

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by Psistrike »

Sariel Amastacia

The others seem to have things in hand with the bugbear and the others, the goblin Ector tried to take out is the true threat. If that ritual is allowed to happen who knows what it will unleash. "Plotting to sacrifice a young girl, your time has come." A crimson glow comes from her hand once again as three darts shoot forth from her hand straight for the goblin.

OOC: Casting Magic Missile at the goblin, damage: Magic Missile damage: 3d4+3 8
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

As the three magic darts impact the robed goblin (Nailing him in the head, heart, and nuts at the same time), he's bowled completely over, rolls a few feet, before collapsing in a heap, stone dead. Whether as a result of the lines of the ritual circle smeared by his body's passage or the death of the one conducting the ritual, the circle's glow begins to fade.

Gravak is livid. "I spend hours watching that barely competent wretched neophyte, making sure none of these idiot goblins screwed up the rite of defilement! Now I have to find another damn ritualist and start the whole thing over again! ARRRGH! I'm going to crush you into paste for this!"

OOC: And that's a dead goblin.
Celestina you are up.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Célestina (Tina)

Tina nods to acknowledge Ector just as Sariel scores a flawless trick shot on the goblin. She is not at all displeased at being beaten to the punch. "Well done! Let that be the last bit of blasphemous magic this place will ever see."

Her companions should be easily able to deal with the bugbear, while she intends that no further harm comes to the hostage. "You," she says as she starts walking towards the human bandit, her sword pointed at him, "Repent or die." A veneer of dried goblin blood dulls the shine of the blade.

OOC

Tina is going to move 25ft to P9 as a Move action.

Then attempt to intimidate the Bandit as a standard action, since this is almost certainly considered some kind of attack. I think I recall doing something earlier as a Cha check. I don't think the bandit is likely to flee this time, but I will happily accept any effect or even no effect that you feel is suitable.

1d20+3: 18 [1d20=15]
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Ector Blagettal
HP: 11/11

"Is okay. Ector promises that training new shaman is not problem you be having ever again," Ector notes sagely to the bugbear.
stavaros_the_arcane

Ysariel wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:19 pm Célestina (Tina)

Tina nods to acknowledge Ector just as Sariel scores a flawless trick shot on the goblin. She is not at all displeased at being beaten to the punch. "Well done! Let that be the last bit of blasphemous magic this place will ever see."

Her companions should be easily able to deal with the bugbear, while she intends that no further harm comes to the hostage. "You," she says as she starts walking towards the human bandit, her sword pointed at him, "Repent or die." A veneer of dried goblin blood dulls the shine of the blade.

OOC

Tina is going to move 25ft to P9 as a Move action.

Then attempt to intimidate the Bandit as a standard action, since this is almost certainly considered some kind of attack. I think I recall doing something earlier as a Cha check. I don't think the bandit is likely to flee this time, but I will happily accept any effect or even no effect that you feel is suitable.

1d20+3: 18 [1d20=15]
OOC: that seems fine to me, Celestina doesn't have proficiency in intimidate so it would just be your Charisma modifier.
And Bandit is going to roll wisdom save to try and not be intimidated 1d20: 5 Well he is majorly intimidated. The Bandit now has the Frightened Condition, so he has disadvantage on attacks and skill checks while Celestina is in sight and can't willingly move closer to her.

IC: The Bandit was clearly not prepared to have an angry knight get right in his face.

"lets not get too hasty." He says as he starts backing away, his nervous eyes darting to Gravak, the dead goblin, Celestina's sword, and the door in rapid succession. Once he out of sword reach he starts booking it for the door.

OOC: Bandit will use an action to disengage and then moves to R14.
Back to top of the Initiative order. Evan's turn.

EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Evan Roadbound
HP: 4/10

Evan ducked the morning star and then decided on tactics quickly. Stabbing his sword into Gravak's foot, he did another impressive leap upward, driving his foot into the bugbear's throat.
Sword Attack: 1d20+6 14
Don't think that hits. The sword stabbing foot is just for badass flavor, not real damage.

Unarmed Attack: 1d20+6 25
Damage: 1d4+4 6
And does that do it?
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
stavaros_the_arcane

Gravak staggers for a moment sucking in air after being struck in the throat, before growling in inarticulate rage. He is not only incredibly angry at the lot of you for wrecking his plans, but since Evan is the one who's been hitting him repeatedly he bears the Halfling particular malice.

OOC: Yeah 14 will miss and 25 will hit. Alright six damage, He's still up. Bugbears are tough bastards.
Ector's turn.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Ector Blagettal
HP: 11/11

Ector grunts, trying to keep it so that Evan is on the opposite side of the Bugbear from himself. With a growl he swings his warhammer at the distracted bugbear`s back.

Warhammer attack on bugbear: 1d20+5 14
1d8+3 7
stavaros_the_arcane

Gravak intercepts Ector's blow with his shield, before slamming his morningstar into Evan with incredible force.
"Got you, little rat!"

OOC: Ector will miss. Gravak's turn
Swinging at Evan 1d20+4: 16
That will hit so Evan takes... Damage 2d8+2: 5
Sariel's turn.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Sariel Amastacia

Looking between the fleeing bandit and the trouble he could cause in the future, and the bugbear looming over Evan on the verge of killing him, Sariel was a bit torn. To heck with it, we can deal with any trouble that bandit brings up in the future, Evan needs protecting now! "You really shouldn't have hurt my friend like that. Now you get to become an ice sculpture." A beam of chilling energy fired from her hands towards the bugbear

OOC: Attack roll with Ray of Frost: Attack roll: 1d20+5 25 Damage roll: Ray of Frost Damage roll: 2d8 7
stavaros_the_arcane

Sariel's beam of icy energy strikes solid and true; ice forms on the bugbear's hairy body making his movements sluggish and painful. Mist forms with each ragged breath he exhales. He seems to struggle to keep his weapon and shield up.

The rage on his face starts to fade as fear begins to take hold. He's barely holding on in this fight and he knows it.

OOC: Gravak is still up, just barely.
Celestina your turn.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Célestina (Tina)

"You ought to have repented," Tina concludes with just a hint of sadness in her voice as the bandit makes a break for it.

The dervishes of the Khalifat, delirious with the desert sun and hashish, laughed and cackled with maniac joy at slaughter. The armies of Talestrian kings and queens gloried in triumphs of war, lavishing the populace with parades and songs, commissioning chronicles of their exploits, and displaying the bounty of war from treasures looted to prisoners defeated and humbled. But Tina had been raised to think of killing as a kind of unpleasant duty, like emptying the chamberpots. There could be honor in it, depending on circumstances, but it was mostly this nasty, necessary thing that one did but avoided where practical.

She glances over her shoulder, confirms that the other three have the bugbear well in hand - three to one odds were harsh even for a bugbear - and turns to follow the bandit. She does not sprint, but the steps of her armored greaves are brisk on the cold stone as she heads for the bandit purposefully and raises her sword to cut him down.

OOC

Tina is going to move 30ft to R13 as a move action.

Then use Longsword on the bandit as a standard action:

1d20+5: 18 [1d20=13]
1d8+3: 6 [1d8=3]

That's an 18 on attack and 6 damage if it hits
stavaros_the_arcane

OOC: That will hit the bandit. He's still up though.

After Celestina strikes him the bandit desperately starts trying to weigh his options, his chances of getting out of the room passed Celestina and Sariel seem remote, so like a rat caught in a corner he takes a swing at the paladin.

The attempt would be laughable were it not so pathetic. It comes nowhere near hitting Tina.

OOC: Bandit attacks Celestina with disadvantage (rolls twice takes the lowest) 2#1d20+3: 2 # 15 [1d20=12] 4 [1d20=1] And he fails to hit.

Evan's turn. Since you are currently at 0 HP, Time to roll me a Death Save.

Roll a d20. If the roll is 10 or higher, you succeed. Otherwise, you fail. A success or failure has no effect by itself. On your third success, you become stable. On your third failure, you die. The successes and failures don’t need to be consecutive; keep track of both until you collect three of a kind. The number of both is reset to zero when you regain any hit points or become stable. (So if anyone heals you, your back in action).

When you make a death saving throw and roll a 1 on the d20, it counts as two failures. If you roll a 20 on the d20, you regain 1 hit point.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Evan Roadbound
HP: -1/10
: 1d20 16
Death Counter: 1 success.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
stavaros_the_arcane

OOC: Well done. 1 success 0 failures
I'm afraid that's it for your turn. Ector's Turn