D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
stavaros_the_arcane

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

That's a miss. Evan is up.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Evan Roadbound
HP: 4/10

Evan came around to aid Ector now, covering his flank with... no special techniques really. Only the truly esoteric methods of the Pure Way deserved something as proud as titles. Its effect on the goblin was sure to be profound.
Moving to Q7.
Sword Attack: 1d20+6 16
Damage: 1d6+4 5
Unarmed Attack: 1d20+6 20
Damage: 1d4+4 5
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
stavaros_the_arcane

Evan's strikes overwhelm the goblin's defenses and quickly dispatch him, leaving only a single lone enemy remaining.

OOC: G6 is dead, Ector's turn.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Ector Blagettal
HP: 11/11

Ector takes a swing at the final remaining goblin, but his attack is deflected wide.

OOC: Warhammer attack on final goblin: 1d20+5 9 1d8+3 4
stavaros_the_arcane

Yup that's a miss. Celestina is up
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Célestina (Tina)

Tina is surprised, but not upset, at the huge amount of blood that pours from the dead goblin's body. It coats her blade in a claret sheen and runs down the sword's fuller to drip off the crossguard. Without stopping, she raises her shield and makes a quick dash for the rear of the one remaining goblin to try and cut off its escape. It might be cruel, but they could not allow any fleeing stragglers to rally reinforcements.

Then, raising her sword, she swings the blade in a scarlet arc to take off the creature's head. A swift death then, and off to whatever afterlife awaited this defiler's soul.

OOC
(edited)

Move to N8, directly behind the goblin. That should be about 25ft of movement.
Then use longsword on the goblin as a standard action
1d20+5: 16 [1d20=11]
1d8+3: 7 [1d8=4]

That's a 16 and, if it hits, damage 7.
Last edited by Ysariel on Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stavaros_the_arcane

OOC: Sorry I still haven't figured out how to change that scale number. It should be 5ft not 10ft. Feel free to edit you turn accordingly.
stavaros_the_arcane

OOC: That hits and that will take down the last goblin. Combat is over, you are victorious.

Celestina cuts off the last goblin's route of retreat and then cuts down the last goblin. A deep quiet descends on the hall as the noise of battle abruptly ends.

Among the goblins possessions you find 12gp worth of assorted coinage, and two daggers that are better condition than most of the gear the goblins were using.

Tear reappears, flying down from where she had hidden herself invisibly above the battlefield. "Is everyone alright?"
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Ector Blagettal

Ector pants hard for a few moments before bringing his breathing under control, and calmly nods.

"Ector is okay," He rubs his side where a goblin's attack bounced off his armor.

Turning to Sariel he looks somewhat embarrassed, "Ector is sorry about arrow. Was no time to remove gently, and healing around arrow is... is bad."

"How is wound doing?"
he inquires, then glances to Tina, "Ector is unable to channel more healing from Slog, but bandages are in backpack."

His body tingled from the magic that had rushed through his body in such short order. He was only a minor cleric, and without more training he could only cast so much without burning himself out. Literally, if the elder priests of Slog were to be believed.

He was pretty sure they were exaggerating.

Though there was that strange burn mark on the kitchen floor...
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Célestina (Tina)

Tina wipes her sword clean on the clothing of the dead goblin and sheathes it. "I think I am, at least," she says, and smiles at the odd little fairy.

To Ector, she nods firmly. "A flesh wound. I'll live. Save your magic - we may have need of it further on. Sariel, can you continue?" Evans seems in good condition, fortunately.

She risks being brusque, she knows, but time really is of the essence here. Tina scoops up the gold and one of the daggers. There is no time to divide the loot right now, but she presses the dagger into Sariel's hand, in case she needs a weapon - she has no idea if the sorceress is armed.

As Tina does, she speaks. "Tear, can you tell us anything about what lies ahead? One of the goblins mentioned they have a hostage, a child. Is he or she safe?" she looks up at the fairy, then around at her companions. "We should press on before the goblins have a chance to regroup. Or worse, counterattack."
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Sariel Amastacia

"I'm good, thanks to Ector. And remind in the future if arrows start flying to duck. I don't think the goddess of luck likes me, especially with how I've mucked with the odds in the past. Guess this is partial payback, letting that goblin get such a lucky shot in." Rubbing the spot where the arrow had been, Ector's healing magic had worked wonders but she still felt some phantom pain at the thought of how close it came to ending her life. "We need to hurry to rescue the hostage, but none of us can spot traps, can we? We don't want a repeat of what happened to you, Tina, or we will be in no shape to help anyone. Especially since there is a dragon deeper in and it could be waiting for us in the same room the hostage is. Shoot, times like this I wish I was a rogue."
stavaros_the_arcane

Ysariel wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:46 pm Célestina (Tina)

As Tina does, she speaks. "Tear, can you tell us anything about what lies ahead? One of the goblins mentioned they have a hostage, a child. Is he or she safe?" she looks up at the fairy, then around at her companions. "We should press on before the goblins have a chance to regroup. Or worse, counterattack."
Tear turns to look at Tina. "The hostage is named Recette, she and I work together running her shop in Hollowbrook. It's a long story. They dragged her out of here, down that hallway a few hours ago. She was largely unharmed before then but I'm terrified of what they could possibly need her for down there. I don't think there are many more goblins down there. They were talking about some sort of ritual that would be delicate to set up so their leader wanted as few of them present as possible. If those goblins that came from that way were the door guards then it should just be the leader, the shaman conducting the ritual, and one other. Not a goblin, some human with a red scarf that had business with their leader. Be careful though, the leader, Gravak I think they called him, he isn't a goblin. He's bigger. Much much bigger."
Psistrike wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:12 pm Sariel Amastacia

"I'm good, thanks to Ector. And remind in the future if arrows start flying to duck. I don't think the goddess of luck likes me, especially with how I've mucked with the odds in the past. Guess this is partial payback, letting that goblin get such a lucky shot in." Rubbing the spot where the arrow had been, Ector's healing magic had worked wonders but she still felt some phantom pain at the thought of how close it came to ending her life. "We need to hurry to rescue the hostage, but none of us can spot traps, can we? We don't want a repeat of what happened to you, Tina, or we will be in no shape to help anyone. Especially since there is a dragon deeper in and it could be waiting for us in the same room the hostage is. Shoot, times like this I wish I was a rogue."
"Dragon? I haven't seen any signs of dragons around here." Tear seems confused for a moment, before comprehension seems to dawn. "Wait, that would explain it. Their leader was complaining a lot about people I can only guess are his superiors back at wherever their central lair is. I think one was the tribe chief, but tended to refer to the other as 'that damned lizard' or what I thought was 'the greedy worm-ling". Anytime he said the name all the goblins flinched. That must have been who he was talking about. I think they were the one who ordered he do whatever ritual they're holed up doing."

OOC: While rogues are better at finding and disabling traps due to their skills and proficiencies, other classes are able to do those things. Finding traps just takes a good enough perception check or if you aren't actively looking for them a high enough passive perception.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Ector Blagettal

"Is okay, Sariel, Ector is having plan, remember? Goblins, they not so good at cleaning. We follow footprints, maybe we avoid traps, yes?" He nods, then smiles, "And maybe luck goddess is liking you. Is luckier if arrow is missing, yes, but arrow hitting little to the other side..."

He grimaces at the thought of what likely have been a fatal wound, "Maybe is lucky?"

He smiles, "And now you and Ector have matching wound."

He looks at the others, "Come, is little time."

He looks to the others to see if they have anything to add then starts making his way towards the hallway again, shield raised trying to keep an eye out for goblin tracks and goblin traps.
OOC: Perception Check: 1d20+3 17
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Célestina (Tina)

Tina nods to acknowledge the fairy's intelligence. "Not many goblins, but a human leader among them. We should hurry." She grabs the hilt of her sword. "This Gravak won't need to worry about his superiors. He'll soon have to answer to us."

Tina is secretly very glad that the dragon does not seem to be present. A dragon was a task for the Garrison of Tychestoile. One fire breath into the cramped catacombs, and...

She nods at Ector, then grins at Sariel. "Don't worry. This time, I'll have my eyes open for unpleasant surprises. Onward! To rescue Recette!"

Well, that she says, but Tina still has no idea what a goblin trap might actually look like. What Ector says sounds simple enough - follow the goblin tracks (although, certainly some might be ingenous enough to be triggered on command? A devious enough commander would even use the footprints to lure victims into range...) and they ought to be safe.

With a whispered prayer to the goddess for safety, she advances down behind Ector, shield raised and eyes open.

OOC

Perception:
1d20+1: 9 [1d20=8]
Blerg
stavaros_the_arcane

With Ector in the lead your able to safely navigate the passage. The initial plan to follow goblin footprints to spot the traps hits a snag, because goblin tracks seem to walk right over the spot on the floor that Celestina had stepped on earlier to trigger one of the traps. It seems something the size of a goblin isn't heavy enough to trigger the pressure plates and spring the traps.

However while less numerous there were a number of other marks in the dust that showed a safe path. Larger humanoid foot prints and drag marks, likely from one of those cages from the hall, marked areas without trap triggers. Your group is able to spot two more trap triggers to avoid.

Ector you notice something about one set of the tracks your following, while one that seems to be very deliberately avoiding the trap triggers is fairly average human size the other set of feet came from a large individual, Probably someone close to your size and build.

The passage goes straight for a time and then turns to the left, leading you all to a large set of ornate doors that have certainly seen better days. The tracks that you followed here proceed inside.