D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EnigmaticOne

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Evan Roadbound

Evan greeted his attacking goblin with a sweeping sword and elbow.
Drawing sword and slashing at G4.
Sword Attack: 1d20+6 10
Unarmed Attack: 1d20+6 25
Unarmed Damage: 1d4+4 7
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Psistrike wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:13 am Sariel Amastacia
HP: 8/8

A cold with visible frost begins to swirl from Sariel's right palm as she dashes to a better position to target one of the goblins which attack them. As she goes to unleash her ray of frost, she trips on a large stone and the ray goes off hitting the floor. "I swear, my luck is so weird sometimes."

OOC: Moving to R8 so Ector isn't in the path of her attack. Attack roll for Ray of Frost: Attack roll: 1d20+5 7 I knew it, get a good roll for initiative and get a crap roll next.
G4 gets attack of Oppurtunity since you are leaving his attack range. 1d20+4: 6. Misses.
So neither of you did anything this turn.
EnigmaticOne wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:39 pm Evan Roadbound

Evan greeted his attacking goblin with a sweeping sword and elbow.
Drawing sword and slashing at G4.
Sword Attack: 1d20+6 10
Unarmed Attack: 1d20+6 25
Unarmed Damage: 1d4+4 7
The goblin deflects your sword blow with its shield, but then your fist catches it in the throat and it drops to the ground and expires shortly thereafter.

OOC: And one goblin down. Ector is up next.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Ector Blagettal
HP: 11/11

"Is okay, Tear. Is ugly business," He said raising his warhammer, "Leave it to Ector."

Years of training with Gorbek made his actions come naturally. As the goblin was distracted by Sariel's missed attack, Ector darted forward. His warhammer came crashing across the goblin from the left to right, then with a grunt he spun his arm around, up and back down across the creature's head before finally bringing the hammer back up in a powerful blow into the creature's chest to knock up and away from him with a load growl.

"Ector will catch incoming," He calls out to his friends, turning from his target to place himself between the goblins coming up behind them, slamming his warhammer into his shield to draw attention, "Come to Ector, little goblins. Slog says pain is on menu, and is seconds for everyone!"

OOC: Warhammer attack on Goblin G1: 1d20+5 25 1d8+3 9
Critical Damage with Savage Attack: 2d8 8
Total Damage: 17

Ector will move to Q8 to put himself between the G5-7 goblins and Sariel.
stavaros_the_arcane

OOC: That goblin is Extra Dead.

Celestina's turn.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Célestina (Tina)

Tina nods subtly to the fairy, so as not to make her presence too obvious to the enemies. "Bravo!" she cries as Evans smashes the throat of one goblin and Ector positively pulverizes another.

Now it is her turn. Tina's swordmanship is of the rigid, disciplined Talestrian style, relying on power and speed over clever feinting. She lowers her shield and swings her sword in a silver arc, aiming to take off the head of the goblin before her in a single cut!

OOC
Use longsword on G2
I will stay in place after the attack.

Attack: 1d20+5: 25 [1d20=20]
Damage: 1d8+3: 4 [1d8=1]

That's a natural 20, so I believe I get a critical hit. I think the way 5e crits work is that you roll an extra weapon die (so 1d8+3 becomes 2d8+3). If I'm correct then I'll just roll another 1d8 and add to the 4 I already got:

1d8: 7 [1d8=7]
That's a total of 4+7 = 11 damage.
stavaros_the_arcane

OOC: You are correct about how Critical hits work. So that's another Goblin Slain.

Celestina's sword strikes true, a line of red appears across the goblin's throat before it collapses, its head landing a short distance away from the rest of its corpse.

The goblin patrol seeing their comrades cut down, reach for bows rather than swords, moving into position to fire.Two fire at Ector while the last aims at the more vulnerable looking Sariel.
G5 and G6 firing at Ector. 2#1d20+4: 2 # 17 [1d20=13] 9 [1d20=5] missed.
G7 vs Sariel 1d20+4: 18 that will hit so damage roll: 1d6+2: 6
The lone goblin in melee range is a clearly not happy to be standing this close to the people who just mowed down his allies, he takes a panicked swing at Evan.
OOC: gobbos got some good hits in this round. Sariel is up.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Sariel Amastacia
HP: 2/8

"Gah! Cleric! Stupid goblin almost hit me in the lung with that shot. Enough toying around with you, time for some serious magic!" Suddenly a crimson glow comes from her hands as three darts made of glowing crimson energy spring into being, buzzing like tiny bees as they shoot off to strike the goblin whose arrow hit her.

OOC: Magic missile on the goblin whose shot hit Sariel: Magic Missile damage: 3d4+3 8
stavaros_the_arcane

OOC: cue up 'Another one bites the dust'

The magical darts slam into the goblin one after another with an audible thump. When the last one strikes the goblin lies still and unmoving.

G7 is dead, Evan is up.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Evan Roadbound
HP: 4/10

Evan winced at getting hit for once, flurrying a sequence of strikes back at his attacker.
Sword Attack: 1d20+6 13
Unarmed Attack: 1d20+6 20
Unarmed Damage: 1d4+4 5
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
stavaros_the_arcane

OOC: not quite enough damage to put this one down.

The Goblin lets out a pained grunt and Evan is pretty sure he felt a rib give under his knuckles, but the goblin still remains on its feet.

OOC: Ector is up.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Ector Blagettal
HP: 11/11

Ector grunts spinning to face Sariel as he shifted his hammer to his shield hand. Hooking his shield arm over the Sorceress' shoulder, he reached down with his free hand and ripped the arrow free as chanted a prayer to slog.

As the arrow pulls free energy flows from Ector's shield arm into Sariel and the wound seals itself shut.

Ector nods, untangling his arm from Sariel, snaps the arrow in half, then turns and charges the nearest goblin.

stavaros_the_arcane

OOC:Celestina is up
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Célestina (Tina)

"Sariel, endure a moment longer," Tina says quietly. She wants to go to the aid of her comrade under fire but not while they are being flanked.

"Honor," writes Lord Exemplar Arionight in Reflections Upon Chivalry, "lies not in false notions of kindness and restraint to one's foes. Honor is conducting war swiftly, ruthlessly, making it mercifully short, to spare innocents their suffering."

With these words in mind Tina whirls around to face Evan's attacker, making it a momentary 2v1. She aims for a spot under the armpit where the goblin's armor does not protect, and lunges.

OOC
Stand in place and use Longsword on G3
Attack: 1d20+5: 23 [1d20=18]
Damage: 1d8+3: 6 [1d8=3]
stavaros_the_arcane

OOC: And that will take down G3. That just leaves G5 and G6.

The goblin with his focus on Evan is easily dispatched by Celestina's blade leaving one group of goblins totally wiped out. The two remaining patrol goblins try to double team Ector as the most obvious threat to them. But the Half-Orc's sturdy armor and shield easily repel the attacks.

OOC:Goblins attacking Ector: 2#1d20+4: 2 # 11 [1d20=7] 10 [1d20=6] Neither beat his AC.

Okay Sariel's turn.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Sariel Amastacia

"Time for a frosty end for you, goblin. You could have chilled out and left us alone, but you had to be not ice." In a quick dash Sariel is lining up her shot and fires off a ray of intense cold with a snap of her hand at the nearest goblin.

OOC: Moving to S7 and firing Ray of Frost at Goblin in P7. Attack roll: Attack roll: 1d20+5 12 Grr, the dice hate me. In the rare chance that hits damage: Ray of Frost damage: 1d8 8 Typical, that probably misses and I get max damage.