D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by Arkrite »

Ector Blagettal
HP: 11/11

"Ector is just lucky sometimes," He notes sagely, "And other times... well."

"Allow to introduce self. Ector Blagettal, warrior priest of Slog, chef, and caravan guard of recent days,"
He turns and starts making his way to follow the others, "Ector is coming this way with friends to see what evil is lurking. Goblins attack caravan, shoot Ector, is just generally not very nice."

"Ector's friends are going to have words with the bad guys right now and see if they can save hostage. Ector stayed to see if hostage was still here, but is looking like hostage was Tear's friend."

He slows down a step, "Ector is going to go in to give goblins and bad people what for, but is going to be dangerous. But Ector is not knowing a safe place to be right now. Maybe is best to stick with Ector, maybe is better to find hiding place? Goblins go running out front door, might not be safe to go that way."

"Is up to Tear. Ector is sorry, but promises to help get you to town safely once he gets your friend and his friends."
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Sariel Amastacia

"Well, the best I have is the mage hand cantrip. 30-foot range, I can manipulate objects, open unlocked doors or containers, and carry about 10 lbs with it. I'm not sure how helpful with triggering any traps here that would be."
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Célestina (Tina)

Tina makes a decision. She had rushed in to try and nab the two goblins before they could get up to further mischief, but now that they were apparently reunited with the others and behind traps and defenses, that plan had already failed. "Then we retreat," she says. "We need Ector for this, and he may have found something useful in the hallway."

Tina was hoping for a map, or some kind of clue as to what might await them in the recesses of the catacombs, but anything might be useful -- even a potion. "Return to the hall just now, but beware. There may be more traps behind us, left dormant. Ector should go first and I'll bring up the rear."

OOC

I thought about it and there's no point trying to push on. If there are more traps and a battle ahead then we will need the full party, at least. So Tina will return to the hall in reverse marching order, herself in the rear (formerly front) and Sariel in the middle so that they don't have to reshuffled around.
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Arkrite wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:54 am Ector Blagettal

"Ector is just lucky sometimes," He notes sagely, "And other times... well."

"Allow to introduce self. Ector Blagettal, warrior priest of Slog, chef, and caravan guard of recent days,"
He turns and starts making his way to follow the others, "Ector is coming this way with friends to see what evil is lurking. Goblins attack caravan, shoot Ector, is just generally not very nice."

"Ector's friends are going to have words with the bad guys right now and see if they can save hostage. Ector stayed to see if hostage was still here, but is looking like hostage was Tear's friend."

He slows down a step, "Ector is going to go in to give goblins and bad people what for, but is going to be dangerous. But Ector is not knowing a safe place to be right now. Maybe is best to stick with Ector, maybe is better to find hiding place? Goblins go running out front door, might not be safe to go that way."

"Is up to Tear. Ector is sorry, but promises to help get you to town safely once he gets your friend and his friends."
Tear puts on a brave face. "I will stay with you, I can't leave my client here. I'm not in a hurry to crawl into another small space. And you seem dependable, my best choice is probably to keep close to you. I'm a business fairy, not an adventurer but I can hide myself if it gets dangerous."

As Ector and Tear head towards the exit of the hall, you encounter the rest of the party turning back. Celestina appears to have taken some damage.
Ysariel wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:22 am Célestina (Tina)

Tina makes a decision. She had rushed in to try and nab the two goblins before they could get up to further mischief, but now that they were apparently reunited with the others and behind traps and defenses, that plan had already failed. "Then we retreat," she says. "We need Ector for this, and he may have found something useful in the hallway."

Tina was hoping for a map, or some kind of clue as to what might await them in the recesses of the catacombs, but anything might be useful -- even a potion. "Return to the hall just now, but beware. There may be more traps behind us, left dormant. Ector should go first and I'll bring up the rear."

OOC

I thought about it and there's no point trying to push on. If there are more traps and a battle ahead then we will need the full party, at least. So Tina will return to the hall in reverse marching order, herself in the rear (formerly front) and Sariel in the middle so that they don't have to reshuffled around.
The three of you manage to retrace your steps without much difficulty, encountering no traps in this area. Although far down the passage where the two goblins ran, you start to hear raised voices rapidly talking.

When you return to the hall you find Ector just about to try and catch up with you. He currently has a small Fairy flying next to his head.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Ector Blagettal

Ector takes a bit of a stutter step as he sees you then frowns.

"Is Ector's friends," He says as he walks towards them, quickly introducing everybody, "Little flying lady is Tear. Was a prisoner of goblins. This is Sariel, Evan and-" Ector stops and frowns at Celestina's wound, "Celestina."

Ector stomps over and with a casual disregard for personal space that most healers have, immediately crouches down and looms in towards the injury trying to get a good look at Celestina's wound, "Is not good. Am guessing resistance was stronger than was expected?"

He mumbles a quick prayer to Slog as he gingerly runs his fingers across Celestina's wound, and the wound almost closes completely, leaving only a small cut.
OOC: Cure Wounds on Celestina (Traps suck): 1d8+3 4
All I had to do was roll higher than one ;~)
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Evan Roadbound

"The way ahead has traps."Evan explained. "At least one, though a Path of the Single Trap would sound very silly."
I will be disappointed if you do not get the reference.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Ector Blagettal

"Hmm. Is unfortunate, but will have to push through. Tear's friend is in room with goblins," Ector rumbles, "Follow Ector, am thinking is not much time."

The half orc pulls out his warhammer, and lifts his shield up in front of him and starts making his way towards where the two goblins had run.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Ector Blagettal

"So, Ector is having thought. Goblins? They no clean so well," He says as he remembers the state of the previous room, "And they not so big on dying. Ector is thinking they be leaving footprints, so maybe we just walk where their footprints are? Where no goblins walk, is probably trap."

"At least is Ector is thinking."
stavaros_the_arcane

As you prepare to continue your march down the trap filled passage, you quickly find your way forward impeded.

It looks like the goblins that had fled this way earlier are back and they brought friends. Okay maybe friends is stretching it. Two more goblins, distinctly unhappy expressions on their face, march with them weapons in hand. Upon sighting you they go from annoyed to alarmed.

One of them snarls. "Intruders!"

Just as they arrive, you hear noise coming from the other side of the room as three more goblins enter from the path out of the tomb. A returning patrol, coming back in from their rounds. While the other goblins appear scared or angry, these ones seem confused, with the one seemingly leading the trio looking annoyed.

"What's going on here! Where is everybody!"

They haven't quite figured out what's going on save that the sentries you took out before are not at their posts.

----
Roll for initiative!
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Célestina (Tina)

Tina nods as Evans explains the situation, then brightens at Ector's plan. "That," she says, sharply inhaling as the healing magic works its way through her with an electric tingle, "is a splendid idea. Thank you." She feels her side: she is still badly grazed, but the wound is largely healed. "And here I was, about to charge through a gauntlet of traps. You could've been a tactician." A more cunningly fortified place would have hidden tunnels for the defenders to sally out without triggering their own traps, but the goblins were unlikely to have occupied this place long enough to prepare as such. She nods at the fairy. "Hostage?" she queries.

As she follows along, she notices that Ector insists on calling her Celestina. It makes her mildly uncomfortable. Saint Celestine was among the mightiest of the 108 Saints. She is reminded of deeds undone, oaths unsworn, quests unfulfilled.

And then, as the trio of goblins come into view, she has a sudden thought.

If there ever is a time to live up to her namesake, then this is it.

Tina draws her sword and advances on the nearest goblin. These are

Perhaps today her blade will be bloodied at last.

OOC

1d20+1: 5 [1d20=4]
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Evan Roadbound

Evan nodded approvingly of Ector's suggestion. Then more goblins appeared. Another battle, it would seem.
Initiative: 1d20+4 7
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Ector Blagettal

Ector hesitates, looking from one group to the other, "Ah. Is patrol."

If they got surrounded this would end badly, and he glanced back and forth wondering how best to handle the situation.
OOC: Init for Goblin Fight: 1d20-1 6
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

[color=Sariel Amastacia[/color]
HP: 8/8

Sariel just knew this was going to happen, retreat and back at full strength with Ector at their side, but surrounded on both sides now. "Typical with my luck. We get stuck between a returning patrol and the few goblins who didn't run off. Well, let's give them an interesting time."

OOC: Init for Goblin fight: Initiative: 1d20+1 16 *blinks in shock at good roll* I hope this isn't a bad sign for the rest of the fight.
stavaros_the_arcane

OOC: Goblins 1d20+2: 20 [1d20=18] Looks like the little runts are going first.

Initiative order:
Goblins 20
Sariel 16
Evan 7
Ector 6
Celestina 4
------------------------

Tear looks at you as the goblins begin to advance. "I'm sorry I'm not any use in a fight, the best I can do in my current condition is hide myself from sight and stay out of the way so you can focus on them." With that Tear disappears completely. You hear her voice from where she was briefly. "If I can think of anything helpful to do or am able to cast anything useful, I'll do it. I'll still be here when you're done with them."

The goblin patrol is still trying to figure out exactly whats going on here, and cautiously advance. The Goblin band closer to you just charges forward to engage, four of them taking a swing at each of you.

OOC:The big red square is the offering pyre, which is big and full of fire so its an obstacle.

The goblins (G1 to G4) are going to move into melee range and launch an attack on each of you, against which ever is closest(Ector, Celestina, Evan, Sariel in that order): 4#1d20+4: 4 # 9 [1d20=5] 17 [1d20=13] 9 [1d20=5] 10 [1d20=6] And they all fail to beat your ACs.

Sariel is up.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Sariel Amastacia
HP: 8/8

A cold with visible frost begins to swirl from Sariel's right palm as she dashes to a better position to target one of the goblins which attack them. As she goes to unleash her ray of frost, she trips on a large stone and the ray goes off hitting the floor. "I swear, my luck is so weird sometimes."

OOC: Moving to R8 so Ector isn't in the path of her attack. Attack roll for Ray of Frost: Attack roll: 1d20+5 7 I knew it, get a good roll for initiative and get a crap roll next.