DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB I(A WARM WELCOME)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB I(CHANTRY OF THE STILLED TONGUE)

Post by MacynSnow » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:52 pm

Doctor Malsyn wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:15 am
Image
Nevin
HP: 22/22 | MP: 11/17
Defense: 10(13 for 2Hr) | Speed: 12 | Spellpower: 13
~-~-~*~-~-~

"I'll... I'll try." The elf adjusts his cloak after making sure his staff was secured tight, clearly hesitant to follow after the sailor back up the rope. With a deep breath and a rubbing of his hands, he musters up the strength he's developed from years of hardened labor and starts his ascent with as much quiet as possible.
Stength: 15 (5 point stunt?)
Dexterity: 11
STORYTELLER:Yep, you got 5 stunt points Doc! How you gonna spend 'em? ;)

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2195
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB I(CHANTRY OF THE STILLED TONGUE)

Post by Flynnarrel » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:56 pm

Serina Valonsark
HP: 26
MP: 8

Seeing Nevin and the sailor climbing back up and the others seeming on board with her idea Serina pulls her cloak more tightly around herself and makes her way to the doorway.

She motions for the others to be on either side of the door and make ready an attack. Her voice is low and gruff as she first taps softly, then speaks just loud enough to carry through.
"Stilled Tongues Speak No Heresy. We have more of the Baranti Heretics for The Mother." she says.

She then stood back a pace so the dark and the rain concealed her features. Her spiked Shield and staff ready.
"Something pithy this way comes."

Corrigon
Posts: 298
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:36 am

Re: DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB I(CHANTRY OF THE STILLED TONGUE)

Post by Corrigon » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:35 am

Gianni

The sailor is back up the side of the house like a housecat and makes little sound as he perches outside the window. He tests the window quietly to see if it was locked. If it is, he attempts to unlock it, motioning for Nevin to be ready.
Dexterity Stealth: 1d6+2d6+3 15

Dexterity Thievery/lockpicking: 1d6+2d6+3 14 3 stunt points

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB I(CHANTRY OF THE STILLED TONGUE)

Post by MacynSnow » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:29 pm

Flynnarrel wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:56 pm
Serina Valonsark
HP: 26
MP: 8

Seeing Nevin and the sailor climbing back up and the others seeming on board with her idea Serina pulls her cloak more tightly around herself and makes her way to the doorway.

She motions for the others to be on either side of the door and make ready an attack. Her voice is low and gruff as she first taps softly, then speaks just loud enough to carry through.
"Stilled Tongues Speak No Heresy. We have more of the Baranti Heretics for The Mother." she says.

She then stood back a pace so the dark and the rain concealed her features. Her spiked Shield and staff ready.
STORYTELLER:
You briefly hear shuffling behind the door as it begin's to open....But your hopes are IMMEDIATELY dashed as it suddenly slam's back shut again! You briefly hear a short argument before a Gruff,overtly course voice(Picture Michael Madesen's voice on this guy )shouts out
"We're not Stupid defiler's! We're not about to give you an advantage.You want us?COME GET US!"


Strangely enough,these muscle are Resistant to Serina's Honeyed Words(18 Willpower save with 6 stunt points)...

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2195
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB I(CHANTRY OF THE STILLED TONGUE)

Post by Flynnarrel » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:24 pm

Well... poot.” Serina mutters. Though, of course, her plan worked perfectly. The cultist’s shout would draw the woman from the upstairs room. That was what was important here. Really.

Her voice was the height of refinement as she turned head to the metal faced mercenary. “If you would, please, kick in the door.”
"Something pithy this way comes."

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Velth Steel Mask Vaughn

Post by Camus » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:41 pm

"My pleasure" replies the warrior before applying his mass to the wooden door.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB I(CHANTRY OF THE STILLED TONGUE)

Post by MacynSnow » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:52 am

STORYTELLER:
Velth's kick is spot on,slamming the door almost of it's hinges.However, the rather larger than you were expecting Cultist's there are waiting for your entrance.The lead Cultist(the one that talked to you and looks oddly like a long haired Michael Maddson) swings a two-handed Axe which connects Solidly with Velth AND suprisingly Serina,sending both back out the door!....

Meanwhile,Gianni and Nevin see's Mother Brianna look towards the stairwell couriosly.Patting Braedon on the head almost like one would do to a child,she say's to him her voice sounding like Honey being poured into a fire
"Don't worry,i shall return shortly to show you where you've erred in the Maker's will for you..."
She then practically glides to towards the stairs...
OK,i've gave Shadowmask all the time i can,so we're going into this without him....
INITIATIVE ORDER :
Stilled Tongue Muscle=18 initiative check
Nevin=16
Gianni=14
Serina=13
Velth=?(hasn't rolled yet)
Ash=5(do to Vanishing)

ACTIONS:
Cultist Muscle 1 (Michael Maddson): takes a swing at Velth....6 +4+(D.Dice:4)+7= 21 i know that'll hit.So as a 5th lvl. Warrior,he use Dual Strike(3 SP) and Skirmish(1 SP) to not only do damage to both Velth and Serina,but will also push you guy's right back out the door!
Damage(Before AR subbtraction)=5 +4 +6+5 =20 damage to both

Next up is Nevin I hope your guy's plan works out....:D
Last edited by MacynSnow on Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1624
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB I(CHANTRY OF THE STILLED TONGUE)

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:15 am

Image
Nevin
HP: 22/22 | MP: 11/17
Defense: 10(13 for 2Hr) | Speed: 12 | Spellpower: 13
~-~-~*~-~-~

He flinched as he heard the sounds of violence from down below, and realized that he had to hurry before things got out of hand. Attempting to open the window, he would move inside and check the condition on the the ones who were tied up.
Scarce post, pending on if I can, and if I still have any actions afterward.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Velth Steel Mask Vaughn

Post by Camus » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:55 pm

Velth is surprised by the sudden attack, and is hacked down hard, taking a step backwards as he feels his blood soak the cloth under his breastplate. Luckily the metal gave him some protection. Gritting his teeth behind his mask he sets a mighty counterattack. First he whacks the huge axe with the back of the spear, hoping to take it out of the cultist's hand. Then he stabs not only once but twice, first at the axe wielding cultist, and then at the other one, taking advantage of the reach of the long spear.

Initiative: 17
Attack: 17 rolled 2 5s and a 5 on the stunt dice, so I will use lightning attack and disarm. Damage: 14
Disarm check: 17
Second attack check: 19 damage 8
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Velth Steel Mask Vaughn

Post by MacynSnow » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:51 pm

Camus wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:55 pm
Velth is surprised by the sudden attack, and is hacked down hard, taking a step backwards as he feels his blood soak the cloth under his breastplate. Luckily the metal gave him some protection. Gritting his teeth behind his mask he sets a mighty counterattack. First he whacks the huge axe with the back of the spear, hoping to take it out of the cultist's hand. Then he stabs not only once but twice, first at the axe wielding cultist, and then at the other one, taking advantage of the reach of the long spear.

Initiative: 17
Attack: 17 rolled 2 5s and a 5 on the stunt dice, so I will use lightning attack and disarm. Damage: 14
Disarm check: 17
Second attack check: 19 damage 8
STORYTELLER:
Downstairs Fight:
The counterattack takes both men by slight suprise as the Spear bites into the Lead Muscle's shoulder,but he suprisingly holds onto the Axe(22 disarm check).The other takes the damage more directly...
Cultist Muscle 1: 48 health remaining ,Still holding Axe
Cultist Muscle 2:54 Health remaining, Defensive position
One turn untill Mother Brianna shows...
Upstairs Thievery :
This is a basic rehash of what i sent to Corrigon during Gianni's first look...And both Nevin&Gianni are Technically out of combat right now,but i'm using their Initiative's as order of actions...
The upper floor is a single large room,bare of furniture,whose walls are lined with dozens-maybe even hundreds- of mirrors of every shape and description.Braedon and 2 other Baranti guardsmen lie unconscious nearest the far wall of your window entry.The floor itself is carpeted with dried blood(Gianni didn't see it earlier due to line-of-sight problems),possibly from the multiple "Offerings" they've had here...

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2195
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB I(CHANTRY OF THE STILLED TONGUE)

Post by Flynnarrel » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:13 pm

Serina Valonsark
HP: 26-17=9+?
MP: 8-4=4

Serina's breath caught at the blow and even her words failed her. She gritted her teeth against the pain of it. To be sure, the Wrack spell was every Valonsark's Rite of Passage on their 13th name Day. When experienced the excrutiation of Blood-Magic-induced agony, everything else comes into perspective. This was just the closest to death she'd ever been. The sight of her parted flesh and free flowing blood unsettled her. The huge rent in the abdomen of her clothing infuriated her.

"Seriously, an hour's meditation; was that too rutting much to ask..." she mutters darkly even as her hands dance through the spell to siphon life, aimed at the axe wielder.

Afterwards, she half-stumbles, half-limps out of the doorway and the range of melee weapons.
DRAIN LIFE
Magic School: Entropy
Spell Type: Utility Mana Cost: 4 MP
Casting Time: Major Action Target Number: 12
Test: Constitution (Stamina) vs. Spellpower
Requirement: None
You suck life energy out of a visible target within 10 yards
to heal yourself. The target takes 1d6 + Magic penetrating
damage and you are healed by the same amount. Note this
only heals damage you have suffered; it doesn’t give you
bonus Health above your normal amount. If the target makes
a successful Constitution (Stamina) test vs. your Spellpower,
the penetrating damage is only 1d6.

First one of my three is Dragon dice.
magic: 3D6+5 = [3, 5, 1]+5 = 14

damage: 1D6+5 = [5]+5 = 10
or only 5 if he makes Con save.
"Something pithy this way comes."

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB I(CHANTRY OF THE STILLED TONGUE)

Post by MacynSnow » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:11 am

Flynnarrel wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:13 pm
Serina Valonsark
HP: 26-17=9+?
MP: 8-4=4

Serina's breath caught at the blow and even her words failed her. She gritted her teeth against the pain of it. To be sure, the Wrack spell was every Valonsark's Rite of Passage on their 13th name Day. When experienced the excrutiation of Blood-Magic-induced agony, everything else comes into perspective. This was just the closest to death she'd ever been. The sight of her parted flesh and free flowing blood unsettled her. The huge rent in the abdomen of her clothing infuriated her.

"Seriously, an hour's meditation; was that too rutting much to ask..." she mutters darkly even as her hands dance through the spell to siphon life, aimed at the axe wielder.

Afterwards, she half-stumbles, half-limps out of the doorway and the range of melee weapons.
DRAIN LIFE
Magic School: Entropy
Spell Type: Utility Mana Cost: 4 MP
Casting Time: Major Action Target Number: 12
Test: Constitution (Stamina) vs. Spellpower
Requirement: None
You suck life energy out of a visible target within 10 yards
to heal yourself. The target takes 1d6 + Magic penetrating
damage and you are healed by the same amount. Note this
only heals damage you have suffered; it doesn’t give you
bonus Health above your normal amount. If the target makes
a successful Constitution (Stamina) test vs. your Spellpower,
the penetrating damage is only 1d6.

First one of my three is Dragon dice.
magic: 3D6+5 = [3, 5, 1]+5 = 14

damage: 1D6+5 = [5]+5 = 10
or only 5 if he makes Con save.
STORYTELLER :
Serina feel an almost euphoric rush of like enter her body as the Axeman just fails to endure it...
INITIATIVE ORDER:
Cultist Muscle 1=38 health remaining, still holding axe( other taking defensive position near door)
Velth=29 health remaining?
Nevin=Full health remaining,11 mp left, currently sneaking into upstairs...
Gianni=Full health remaining(awaiting Corrigon's post)
Serina=19 health remaining,4 mp left...
Ash= Full health,Full-round action to Aim(+2 to hit with Ranged weapon next turn)

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1624
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB I(CHANTRY OF THE STILLED TONGUE)

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:41 am

Image
Nevin
HP: 22/22 | MP: 11>10/17
Defense: 10(3 AR for 2Hr) | Speed: 12 | Spellpower: 13
~-~-~*~-~-~

Seeing that, to the best of his knowledge, the three of them were all stable the elf decided to focus on the man who's name he actually knew first. Small sparks of electricity gathered at the edges of his finger tips, as he tried his hardest to be careful and precise so as to not alert the frankly disturbing woman. "Come on... Braedon, wake up... wake up, we need you to wake up..."
Magic TN 10(3 MP Used): 14 (5 Stunt Points: Skillful Casting 2, Puissant Casting)
Healing: 6
Urgh! Not a great healing roll, but at least I only had to spent a single point of mana for it.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB I(CHANTRY OF THE STILLED TONGUE)

Post by MacynSnow » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:06 pm

Doctor Malsyn wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:41 am
Image
Nevin
HP: 22/22 | MP: 11>10/17
Defense: 10(3 AR for 2Hr) | Speed: 12 | Spellpower: 13
~-~-~*~-~-~

Seeing that, to the best of his knowledge, the three of them were all stable the elf decided to focus on the man who's name he actually knew first. Small sparks of electricity gathered at the edges of his finger tips, as he tried his hardest to be careful and precise so as to not alert the frankly disturbing woman. "Come on... Braedon, wake up... wake up, we need you to wake up..."
Magic TN 10(3 MP Used): 14 (5 Stunt Points: Skillful Casting 2, Puissant Casting)
Healing: 6
Urgh! Not a great healing roll, but at least I only had to spent a single point of mana for it.
STORYTELLER:
Giving a violent jerk,Braedon wakes while trying to grab for a sword that isn't currently there
"You'll not do this anymore you....Whu?"
Your low-scoring healing was enough to easily wake him, so good for you!

Corrigon
Posts: 298
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:36 am

Re: DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB I(CHANTRY OF THE STILLED TONGUE)

Post by Corrigon » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:13 pm

Gianni

HP 29
Defense 14
Speed 13

"Can this hurt it?" he holds up his sword, whispering to Nevin

"Don't want to sneak up behind it and find I might as well be waving a fork at fog."

Add stealth roll

Post Reply