DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB I(A WARM WELCOME)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB I(CHANTRY OF THE STILLED TONGUE)

Post by Flynnarrel »

Serina Valonsark
HP: 26
MP: 17-3=14

Worst hulking guard ever!

"I didn't say you could get up." Serina says repeating her earlier gesture.
{MIND BLAST
Magic School: Spirit
Spell Type: Attack Mana Cost: 3 MP
Casting Time: Major Action Target Number: 12
Test: Strength (Might) vs. Spellpower
Requirement: None
You create a circular blast of telekinetic force with a 2 yard
radius that’s centered anywhere within 50 yards that you can
see. Those caught in the blast are knocked prone and cannot
take a major action on their next turn. Targets that make a
successful Strength (Might) test vs. your Spellpower are only
knocked prone. In either case, any prepared actions are lost.

Centered to hit as many people as possible without getting Iron Face, I suppose.

First one of my three is Dragon dice.
slam: 3D6+5 = [2, 4, 2]+5 = 13

Successful, barely. their Strength(Might) vs. 15, but doubles so stunt points, but only 2.

Hmm....
As a general rule—and always subject to the GM’s decisions to
the contrary—you can use stunt points from any test to generate
any kind of stunt.
I think I'll spend 1, if Macyn allows, on
Stay Aware: You take a moment to make sure you’re mindful of everything that’s happening around you.
Make a TN 11 Perception test with the focus of your choice. If you succeed, the GM may either make you
aware of some battlefield situation that has so far escaped your notice, or give you a +1 bonus to the next test
you make. This bonus can never stack with any other test bonus other than from a focus, must be used on the
very next test you make (even if you’re the defender in an opposed test), and expires at the end of your next
turn even if you haven’t used it by then.
Perception: 3D6+2 = [3, 2, 3]+2 = 10
doh, failed that. I'm going to try again
Perception: 3D6+2 = [4, 4, 1]+2 = 11
That's just sad. but Anything GM?
}
She decides to try a different track, approaching the Qun, closer and closer [Minor action]"Aww. Are you staying back here to protect little ole me? Touching. Are you my personal... what do you people call it, 'Aardvark'?" Serina croons sweetly.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

Ash raised an eyebrow. As if being a pack animal for the Tevinter mage was not unpleasant enough.

"Parshaara! I'm paid to risk my life and to not throw it away on your whims. So be it."

Ash finally moved toward the fray and attacked one of the robed basra who was closest to the fallen child, his sword flashing in the air as he held up his small shield, striking furiously at his enemy without mercy.
Last edited by Shadowmask on Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

What Serina heard...
" Are you my personal... what do you people call it, 'Aardvark'?"
Shadowmask wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:13 am "Parshaara!..."
"Okay, you can be my Parshaara!" she calls after him sweetly as he joined battle.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Nevin
HP: 22/22 | MP: 15/17
Defense: 10 | Speed: 12 | Spellpower: 13
~-~-~*~-~-~

Nevin was already moving before Steel could even give out his orders propper, rushing toward the downed child while his hand started to surge with crackles of light. He had never seen a healing spell used by an actual mage before, but he had the vaguest feeling that the way he folded primal energy was not the normal standard.

"Please be okay, please please be okay...!" He chanted, over and over under his breath before he shoved the palm of hand against their chest. His magic sparked and fought against him, but he gathered his wits ajd forced it to do his bidding. Mend bone, stitch flesh, stimulate the brain, restart the heart...

His mana suddenly exploded outward in a burst, electricity sparking across his form while his eyes breifly turn pure white as his connection to the fade surges with sudden unexpected clarity. Inside his chest, Nevin's heart slips a beat.
Heal:
Magic School: Creation; Spell Type: Utility; Mana Cost: 1-3 Mp; Casting time: Major Action; Target Number: 10; Test: None; Requirement: None;
Your touch seals wounds and restores vigor to one wounded target. You can choose to spend up to 3 mana points when you cast this spell. For each mana point spent, the target gets back 1d6 Health. You can cast this on yourself.

Spellpower (3 MP): 16 Doubles, two sixes!

Healing: 10

For my spell stunts; I'm using Imposing Spell (Enemies attacking me must make a willpower(courage) test TN 13, failure means they take a defend or move action) and Skillful Casting to reduce mana cost by one.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

STORYTELLER
Gianni's arrows fly through the air off into the fog as Ash's blade slashes into the apparent leader's side as he scrambles to his feet,drawing a short sword from within his bloody robes .His fellow robed associates,however,don't fair as well.The "Princess" of the Valonsarks repeats her earlier assault,again keeping them from rising as they're knocked back onto the ground....

Meanwhile,Nevin's magic surges through the dying child(a human boy no older than 6 winters,now that he elf can get a better look),stiching his wound closed as the Elf watches.To Nevin's horror,however,he find's the wound that his magic healed was that someone had removed the lad's Tongue from his mouth...
OOC: ok,let's resolve all this.....
INITIATIVE ORDER:
1)Ash-Full Health
2)STEEL MASK -Full Health,Defense action(+2 to Defense untill end of turn)
3)Robed Figures - one Standing, the rest are knocked prone again(7 total on save),but are Fanatical to their cause (successful Willpower(Courage) save-vs.-Spellpower)
4) Serina Valonsark -Full Health, MP-14 points remaining
5) Gianni -Full Health
6) Nevin -Full Health, MP-15 points remaining

CURRENT STATUS:
Small Boy- 10 health,no longer dying but unconscious...Nice save Masyln! :D
Figure I - 12 Health remaining,now standing and armed
Figures II-V - 30 health,knocked prone again
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Nevin! don't Heal him!" The Atus's warning came too late.
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Gianni

HP 29 Defense 14 Speed 13 AR 3

initiative: 3d6+3 13 - just read initiative doesn't change

He took aim at one of the men lying prone on the ground. These men were kidnapping a child; as nasty as the Crows could get, even they (to his knowledge) were never that bad. Considering that, shooting them on the floor was not a problem to Gianni. Of course, in this Maker forsaken fog, he couldn't shoot worth squat.

shooting: 3d6+2 13 - would I get backstab bonuses? or any bonus for them being prone on the floor unable to dodge?
shooting damage: 1d6+3 9
Camus

Velth Steel Mask Vaughn

Post by Camus »

This was a mess. But then again Velth usually ended up winning in this kind of situations, so he didn't worry all that much. Still, he wanted to press this little advantage they had, and chops at the standing figure with his heavy sword.

Attack: 19 http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=213135
Damage: 12 http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=213136
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

As the Main cultist falls Serina stalks to the pinned cultist group. "*I* am a master Altus of Tevinter, not some Chantry rejects who seek to sacrifice to some jumped-up demon from the Fade for trickles of power. You will surrender to me NOW or I will casually hold you here while my Elven Laetan opens a floodgate of Primal magic to sear the flesh from your bones. Understood?"
Communication Deception: 3D6+3 = [4,1,5]+3 = 13

reroll from Intrigue talent
Communication Deception: 3D6+3 = [5,3,6]+3 = 17

Serina will use Prepare action to cast a spell if they do anything other than surrender.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Nevin
HP: 22/22 | MP: 15/17
Defense: 10 | Speed: 12 | Spellpower: 13
~-~-~*~-~-~

He couldn't simply belwive what those monsters had done to this boy, it filled him with disgust and revolution that anyone could be so cruel. The way Ash spoke of his own people's practices with mages had always unwrved him, but to see first hand someone who's had their tongue removed put it all in a new light. If there was anyway to help it, Nevin would never willingly visit the Quanari at this point.

Scooping him up as gently as he could, the elf rushed back and away from the downed cultists. Getting the child out of harm's way wad the most serious priority right now, not petty reverse get. Yet Serina's threat was almost admittedly very tempting.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

Ash nodded in grim satisfaction as the Bas-ra he was fighting moaned in pain through gritted teeth. He felt sad for the fate of the small one but he didn't dwell on such dark matters, for what else can he do?

"Stay down!" he hissed as he readied for another attack. Despite the heavy losses they sustained, these madmen are determined to seek out further punishment instead of fleeing. Nearby, the yellow haired kitten was baring her tiny claws and meowing for attention as usual. Maybe Ash should buy her some yarn to keep her silent for once.

"Vashedan, are all you tiny humans so eager to die? Life is wasted on you as well as death."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

STORYTELLER:
The Lead Figure gives off a choked cry to the Maker as Velth's Blade bites deep into his chest as he falls to the Ground,lifeless.
Gianni's arrow buries itself into one of the remaining figures' Shoulder's as they attempt to rise,but seeing as how the others refuse to move(weither to hearing Serina's words or not is debatable) they wisely lower themselves back into a kneeling position.The New" Leader"(the one with the Arrow inbedded into their shoulder) say's to all of you
"Tevinter scum&your lap dogs,you have no clue as to our Maker given purpose.We cleanse the unclean! We render that heresy unspoken which cannot be unsaid! Give us back the child and let us be on our way, lest the Maker’s wrath fall on you as well!"

2.THE BARANTI GUARD
before you can reply to that( suprisingly vitriol) statemant,you hear more running feet before you see four men in heavy mail, carrying swords in hand, appear out of the mist. They stop when they see the body, and one speaks:“I’m Braedon, captain of Bann Nicola Baranti’s house guard.” He indicates the corpse of the cultist and continues: “We learned these bastards(he purposely kick's the one with the arrow wound onto his Back violently) were out again tonight. We weren’t fast enough to stop the first kidnapping. Thank the Maker you dealt with this one.”Braedon brandishes a piece of paper with four addresses on it, similar to the one you just found.“There are two more groups out there, and no time. Who are you people? Can you help?”

OOC: Ok,that effectively ended combat for you guys.Between killing the Lead Cultist and them failing the deception roll by 4(even stunting they still failed,so no point in picking stunts out),you've effectively stopped the fight.Gain 500 experience and welcome to the Roleplaying encounter...By the Way,these are who your dealing with(ignore the dude with the Ballcap).Anybody can attempt to make a Cunning(Heraldry) and beat a 7 to know more...
Baranti House Guards

Captain Braedon
Last edited by MacynSnow on Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

"Do not thank your false god for efforts we ourselves have done in its stead." Ash said flatly to Braedon as he rummaged through his pack and took out a small oily rag. He proceeded to use it in order to clean his blade of the blood splattered on upon it. The name Baranti meant little to Ash though he knew in his short time here that Bann was some kind of a title or rank here in Ferelden like those used in the Antaam.

"Is the childling safe?" he asked the elf.
Camus

Velth Steel Mask Vaughn

Post by Camus »

The fight had ended as soon as it had started, thankfully. Velth's sword dripped with the blood of the slain cultist as the second group of men showed up.
His cold eyes assessed them behind his steel mask. The so called "guards" were giving them free info and asking for help from a group of weathered mercenaries that had just assassinated some random robbed men on the suspect that there were into some fishy business. Maker be damned, this was the land of opportunity alright. "People call me Steel Mask, and we can help; for a price. This one was on us, but if you want us to run down some cultist operation, your coin bag better be fat."

Cunning: 13
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Serina Valonsark
HP: 26
MP: 14

Finally! Proper trained and employed thugs.

Serina steps forward and gestures with a (impressively still clean) gloved hand to herself. "Serina Valonsark, of the Minrathous Valonsarks. We were on a Diplomatic ship that was attacked by water-bandits and we're trying to find if others survived. We're also trying not to die of the various infections that can be procured by just sleeping in this district so if you help us find other survivors, provide better lodging, in addition to reimbursing us for our valuable time and obvious skill then, sure, we can aid in your little problem. She gestures to the throng of men on their knees before her.

"Hmm... Bann Baranti...."
First one of my three is Dragon dice.
cunning: 3D6+0 = [5,3,3]+0 = 11
Serina thought it was a good idea to make them more inclined to be of service to her. "You know what I HAVE heard of your Bann Baranti. And Her impressive Head of House Guard." She smiles at Braedon.

"She has such a reputation that easily blends fierceness and compassion, and it takes such an... impressively progressive and confident man to serve under that." She winks.
Stunt generation. 5 SP

4 for Flirt: Choose one character who’s present and immediately make an opposed Comm unications (Seduction) vs.
Willpower (Self-Discipline) test. If you win, that character becomes enamored with yours...
Comm(seduction): 3D6+3 = [5,4,3]+3 = 15

and
1 Bon Mot: You tag the perfect witty remark onto the end of your action, affecting all those who hear it that much
more deeply. If you can’t think of one, the rest of the players and GM quickly brainstorm options, and you choose
among them. Word of your wit is likely to spread, for good or ill.
"Oh, let's not forget their 'leader's' ritual knife." She picks up the implement by a clean part to examine the symbols more closely. "You might want to check to see if these other cultist have such... small blades... on them." She smiles at her own witty dig at the cultist's expense.
Last edited by Flynnarrel on Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.