DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB I(A WARM WELCOME)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MacynSnow

Re: DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB I(CHANTRY OF THE STILLED TONGUE)

Post by MacynSnow »

Shadowmask wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:33 pm Ash was not all that pleased when the elf had proved once more to him the unreliability of magic as the battle continued on but he was equally surprised that the house was still standing even after all this. Apparently Fereldan buildings were more durable than he thought. Maybe Dwarves had built this city. But no matter how superb the construction, the Tal'Vashoth focused on the task at hand and edged closer and closer to his foes.
Attack.: 3D6+3 = [3, 5, 3]+3 = 14
Damage from Shortsword: Shortsword.: 1D6+2+3 = [5]+2+3 = 10
Stunts: Skirmish, Mighty Blow: Mighty Blow Stunt: 1D6 = [3] = 3
Ash is moving toward the enemy even if they are moving into the fireplace.
STORYTELLER:
The Apostate spit's up blood as Ash's shortblade slides easily into his gullet,the other cultist's barely standing back up....
OCC: okay,that poor apostate got skewered,so that'll leave the other 3 non-magical's remaining,gut they can't do anything other than stand up this turn.So it's back to Lady Serina.....But first;EVERYONE MAKE A TN 11 PERCEPTION TEST! :evil:
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

STORYTELLER:
As you all converge upon the remaining Cultist's,something happens as;
Gianni catches sight of something behind you...
Veth notice's one of the Cultist's look briefly behind you...
And Nevin hear's chanting coming from behind your group!

Another Cultist's(apparently he was behind the house to prevent escape by window) attempts to Hurl himself onto Ash's back as his body is smoking! However,he BADLY miscalculates the distance and slam's onto the table instead,exploding in a Shower of Bloody gore...
Alright,this suprise cultist used an action to Cast Walking Bomb onto himself while the other one was getting finished off,then attempted to Leap onto an unawares Ash and Explode on him,kinda like a DA Suicide Bomber...
4+1+2+dd5=12(Walking bomb on self) Just casted it...
1+1+dd 1 -1=2(Grapple attempt on Ash) and completely BLOWS the attempt! :oops:
I'll need all of you who made the perception to get above a 12 Dexterity test to avoid the bodily-shrapnel,everyone else get's hit for 7 Bomb damage(Before A.R.)

After this it's Serina's turn...MUHAHAHAHAHA!
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Nevin
HP: 22/22 | MP: 11/17
Defense: 10(13 for 2Hr) | Speed: 12 | Spellpower: 13
~-~-~*~-~-~
Dexterity: 13
Thr let's eyes go wide in fear in disgust as thr many sacrifuces himself to explode in such a way, revealibg obe of tbe many horrors magic can be used to create. His body acts almost of its own volition to throw himself closer to the ground and avoid the damage.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Camus

Velth Steel Mask Vaughn

Post by Camus »

All of the sudden someone walks in an explodes. Velth had been warned by the dumb cultist that looked behind him, so he watched as the whole thing developed. His impassive steel mask flashes in red as blood and bone shards splatter everywhere. With a side step, Velth position himself so that all the gore impacts one of the standing cultists. "..." he remains silent, looking over the cultists that remain. "That was the most pathetic thing I've ever seen."

Dexterity 13
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Serina Valonsark
HP: 26-4 = 22+4 = 26
MP: 11-3 = 8

As the idiot commits explosive suicide Serina gets a few shards of sharp bone and magic-heated blood grazing her shoulder (though her leather coat stopped a good chunk of the gory projectiles). As Serina brushes away the only hunk of bone to lodge itself revealing a gash her look is one of... annoyance. The vainglorious altus seems more upset at the stains in her clothes than the injury done. Her wince at the bone's dislodging indicates she certainly feels the pain but it may be incongruous to some that the prissy mage handled taking a stabbing wound so nonchalantly.

Wordlessly she looks to the three still living cultists and assesses the one that seems hurt the most. Her had goes through a complex but short motion that ends in a beckoning or 'come hither' gesture as if luring a creature from it's den with hungry intent.
DRAIN LIFE
Magic School: Entropy
Spell Type: Utility Mana Cost: 4 MP
Casting Time: Major Action Target Number: 12
Test: Constitution (Stamina) vs. Spellpower
Requirement: None
You suck life energy out of a visible target within 10 yards
to heal yourself. The target takes 1d6 + Magic penetrating
damage and you are healed by the same amount. Note this
only heals damage you have suffered; it doesn’t give you
bonus Health above your normal amount. If the target makes
a successful Constitution (Stamina) test vs. your Spellpower,
the penetrating damage is only 1d6.

First one of my three is Dragon dice.
magic: 3D6+5 = [4, 4, 1]+5 = 14

made it with a stunt, 4 SP
Mighty spell, extra d6
and skillful casting 2 to reduce cost
magic: 2D6+5 = [3, 1]+5 = 9
or 4 if he makes the spell DC [Penetrating], either way it takes her back to full.
As Entropic energy gathers around her beckoning hand the target shudders as tendrils of ghostly red life essence are literally ripped from his body and fly to Serina. They coalesce at her hand and travel up her arm to the site of the wound knitting flesh and skin until nothing but healthy pink remains with no trace of injury

"I can do this all night." Serina lies. "You face mages of greater skill than any you had here tonight. Surrender and your lives may be spared, an opportunity for your fellows to rescue you from whatever pathetic jails they have around here." she also lies. There'd be no prisoners here today.
"Something pithy this way comes."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

STORYTELLER
The Cultist gasps as he can feel some of his very lifeforce being pulled away and into the female mage.Ounce she states her 'threat',the others slowly fall onto their knees,the last one falling slowly...
Well,this was anti-climactic. :( the one not only Failed the Spellpower check by 5,but they Miserably failed their Willpower test!
*Sigh*...Technically,Gianni is next in line for a turn and can Coup de Gra any one of them...
I'll also need a Perception test of 11 again from everybody to notice something...
Last edited by MacynSnow on Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Flushed with her triumph Serina almost notices something.... but doesn't.
But Serina will leave the dealing with of prisoners to Metal Face and hulking guard, and the disposition of the freaking out family to the elven Laetan or the 'not a servant' human. She looks for a second scrap of paper.
Camus

Velth Steel Mask Vaughn

Post by Camus »

Another easy victory for them, just as he thought it would be. "Nevin, Gianni, check on the family." he suggests/commands, as usual.
Now, time to get some intel from these rubble before passing them through the blade. Sheathing his blade he takes one of the cultists by the neck, effortlessly lifting the man up "Where is your main base, speak and you will be spared the fate of your comrades."

Perception 9
Intimidation, not sure what the ability is for this: [url=http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=215821]10[/img]+whatever is appropriate
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

STORYTELLER:
The cultist looks at you with a brief look of defiance before it falls away like dryed mud off your boots(the faceless mask tend's to have that effect,for some reason) as he mutter's the words "...end of Copper Lane,right against the City Wall." Then he fall silent,looking as if he'd broken Chantry vows...
You guy's are hitting on almost all cylinder's so far! :shock:
The Cultist your questioning Doc,just missed the save by 1 and was forced to give you the intell..well done!
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Nevin
HP: 22/22 | MP: 11/17
Defense: 10(13 for 2Hr) | Speed: 12 | Spellpower: 13
~-~-~*~-~-~

Nevin's eyes go wide as he spots something, something that's almost about to go up into flames. "No-! No no, agh-!" He stumbles over his words as he scrambles towards what he spotted in such a rush that he barely manages to get off of all fours.
He is, of course, trying to save said object before it's too late.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

STORYTELLER:
Nevin's mad scramble to reach said object is....Not in vain,as he just manages to secure it before it goes into the fire! You again see a list of familiar locations,only this time the holes are in different location's on the paper....
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Serina, in contrast to Nevin's mad scramble, walks calmly, produces the first page and wordlessly requests the second page with extended hand.

She'll line them up to see if any new message is revealed, then will proceed to search the mage for any other items of interest.
Camus

Velth Steel Mask Vaughn

Post by Camus »

MacynSnow wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:02 am STORYTELLER:
The cultist looks at you with a brief look of defiance before it falls away like dryed mud off your boots(the faceless mask tend's to have that effect,for some reason) as he mutter's the words "...end of Copper Lane,right against the City Wall." Then he fall silent,looking as if he'd broken Chantry vows...
You guy's are hitting on almost all cylinder's so far! :shock:
The Cultist your questioning Doc,just missed the save by 1 and was forced to give you the intell..well done!
"That is very good." Velth says, lowering the man to the ground. "Ash, do you have some rope?" he asks the only person taller than himself in the room.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

Takes 4 damage. Health is down to 26. Perception.: 3D6+2 = [2, 1, 6]+2 = 11
"No, i do not." Ash said flatly to the metal faced human while still wincing in pain from the final attack by the mad human (like there were such things as sane ones). He moved away from the others to tend to his own wounds before seeing to the family. Hopefully their tongues weren't ripped out.

"Do not be alarmed." he said to them. "I am not of the Qun but a Vashoth or more accurately Tal-vashoth. This one who just exploded is a true Qunaron Vhel in that proving the uselessness of religion."
Camus

Velth Steel Mask Vaughn

Post by Camus »

"Bad luck" Velth said, snapping the neck of the cultist that had delivered him with the intel. He then proceeds to stab the others.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ