DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB I(A WARM WELCOME)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB I(CHANTRY OF THE STILLED TONGUE)

Post by Flynnarrel »

"The big guy is not wrong, in his own, curmudgeonly way." Serina admits. "Let's get to the Baranti manor and see what they say, along the way, our elven associate can share what he knows about this Mother Brianna at the End of Copper Lane."
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Nevin
HP: 22/22 | MP: 11/17
Defense: 10(13 for 2Hr) | Speed: 12 | Spellpower: 13
~-~-~*~-~-~

"I... No, no. We can't just leave. Not now. We've barely been hurt, and the longer we wait the more time they'll have to themselves. This... This needs to end."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:42 pm Image
Nevin
~-~-~*~-~-~

"I... No, no. We can't just leave. Not now. We've barely been hurt, and the longer we wait the more time they'll have to themselves. This... This needs to end."
"Woah there, excitable one, I was just talking regrouping with the Baranti guards and maybe cleaning moron bits off my clothes." Serina says. "Let's go do that." She says coaxing him like a skittish colt. "Plus, how many more spells do you really have in you left, Nevin?" she asks skeptically.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Nevin
~-~-~*~-~-~

His face flushes slightly red in embarrassment. "I'll be fine! I just... I don't think this is something we should hold off. Not.. Not for too long."
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

As the group [presumably] starts heading for Baranti Manor Serina turns to the elf serv.. uh.. associate. "You were going to tell us something about the notes?" she reminds.
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Gianni

"Wait," Gianni holds up a finger, "Do you not remember that Braedon said four addresses were on the list. Even with our efforts and theirs, that still leaves one address that they said they were not fast enough to prevent The other one we stopped was the second." He looks grim as he wipes his blade on the clothes of one of the dead cultists.

"I can get us to the Baranti estate, but if Braedon is in the same position we are, then he won't go back there unless he has to. He will be going to the location where they are operating from. Our best hope for aid might be to go straight into the Dragon's mouth."

ooc
sWay the CroWd: Your interpersonal efforts are so effective that they spill over onto others in the area, and you affect
one additional person of your choice past the original target. You may use this stunt multiple times on the same roll.
However, if the test that gave rise to this stunt was an opposed test you may not expand the effect to anyone who has a
higher ability + focus total than the original target - 2 rp stunt points

bon Mot: You tag the perfect witty remark onto the end of your action, affecting all those who hear it that much
more deeply. If you can’t think of one, the rest of the players and GM quickly brainstorm options, and you choose
among them. Word of your wit is likely to spread, for good or ill - 1 rp stunt point - Dragons Mouth
Last edited by Corrigon on Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

MacynSnow wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:50 pm [/i]Braedon brandishes a piece of paper with four addresses on it, similar to the one you just found.“There are two more groups out there, and no time. Who are you people? Can you help?”
[OOC, Corrigon? they took care of one before finding us. There were two left, they went to take of one, we stopped the other one.]
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:34 pm
MacynSnow wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:50 pm [/i]Braedon brandishes a piece of paper with four addresses on it, similar to the one you just found.“There are two more groups out there, and no time. Who are you people? Can you help?”
[OOC, Corrigon? they took care of one before finding us. There were two left, they went to take of one, we stopped the other one.]
We weren’t fast enough to stop the first kidnapping. Thank the Maker you dealt with this one.

Altered my post, but at least one child is in danger.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Nevin
~-~-~*~-~-~
Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:23 pm "You were going to tell us something about the notes?"
"I... yes. Erhm... Your... associate, the woman who helped to teach me while we were traveling before we disembarked, is the one who helped me learn of this. Outside of the books regarding Ferelden's history and Houses, she told me of the Chantry and how they practiced it in these lands. It... disturbs me to hear how they've twisted it to their own means in these lands, turning them against magic and those who embraced it. Yet, even then, there were still people who took things even... further."

A chill crept up his spine as they walked through the mist enshrouded streets, forcing him to grasp his cloak tighter around his slim frame. "Calling themselves the Chantry of the Stilled Tongue, they were manic and fanatical in their persecution of people they deemed as 'sinners' and 'heretics'. Erhm... By some accounts, they claimed to have the ability to predict the children who would become such. Much... much like how the circle finds the mage children, I suspect now. They then... they..." Swallowing a lump in his throat, Nevin forced himself to continue. "Remove their tongues. The very reason for their name..."

"The only blessing the Maker grants us is that it seems they've never managed to spread their beliefs very far. House Baranti itself has been opposed against them for years, and has tried to take them out time and time again, yet each time they've.. failed, to fully remove them all. Without help, all they could do was stall them. That's... that's why we need to go there. Now, tonight... before they have time to escape into the shadows again."

His brow furrows just slightly, as something else trails those heavy thoughts. "One thing dosn't... make sense, though. Mother Brianna... there were only ever two. One in Orais, far from here and a player of 'The Game', and one here in Ferelden. Yet the latter... she was supposed to have died during the Orlesian Occupation, years and years ago..."
------------
Camus

Velth Steel Mask Vaughn

Post by Camus »

The warrior smiled behind his mask. Another golden chance for him to take. "Steal the most meaningful achievement from the Baranti and turn it our own? I say that sounds quite glorious and monetary significant. Plus we will be killing all of these lunatics, which would be quite positive to the world in general. I say we go and deal with this infestation once and for all. Gianni also has a point, we dont even know if the guards managed to stop the other cultists. They might even be dead as we speak."
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Gianni
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:05 am "I... yes. Erhm... Your... associate, the woman who helped to teach me while we were traveling before we disembarked, is the one who helped me learn of this. Outside of the books regarding Ferelden's history and Houses, she told me of the Chantry and how they practiced it in these lands. It... disturbs me to hear how they've twisted it to their own means in these lands, turning them against magic and those who embraced it. Yet, even then, there were still people who took things even... further."
The Antivan turns and looks at Nevin, a dismissive look in his eye;
"Harumph," Gianni shakes his head, "I may not be the most devout follower of the Maker, but even I know that's a load of Nug poo. Bloody Tevinter, always trying to make things about them.

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:05 am "The only blessing the Maker grants us is that it seems they've never managed to spread their beliefs very far. House Baranti itself has been opposed against them for years, and has tried to take them out time and time again, yet each time they've.. failed, to fully remove them all. Without help, all they could do was stall them. That's... that's why we need to go there. Now, tonight... before they have time to escape into the shadows again."
Camus wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:28 pm The warrior smiled behind his mask. Another golden chance for him to take. "Steal the most meaningful achievement from the Baranti and turn it our own? I say that sounds quite glorious and monetary significant. Plus we will be killing all of these lunatics, which would be quite positive to the world in general. I say we go and deal with this infestation once and for all. Gianni also has a point, we dont even know if the guards managed to stop the other cultists. They might even be dead as we speak."
"Let us move quickly," Gianni sheathed his sword, "fame and fortune beckon.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Corrigon wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:42 pm Gianni

The Antivan turns and looks at Nevin, a dismissive look in his eye;
"Harumph," Gianni shakes his head, "I may not be the most devout follower of the Maker, but even I know that's a load of Nug poo. Bloody Tevinter, always trying to make things about them.
"Hey! WE don't have groups going around cutting the tongues out of children for no useful reason." Serina says implying that when Tevinterians cut the tongues out of children there are useful reasons for it, darn it.

Corrigon wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:42 pm
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:05 am "That's... that's why we need to go there. Now, tonight... before they have time to escape into the shadows again."
Camus wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:28 pm I say that sounds quite glorious and monetary significant."

"Let us move quickly,"

"Okay, I've decided. We'll clear out these pretenders besmirching the name of magic-wielders or, by the Maker, you'll all die trying." she says, nodding, evidently pleased with 'her' decision.

She produces a pencil from a belt pouch and goes to a table with a lit candle on it and starts writing on it's surface.

Dear Captain Braedon, cultist's HQ at end of Copper Ln. Gone to clear them and their 'Mother Brianna' out. XXOO - Lady Serina Valonsark
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

4) CHANTRY OF THE STILLED TONGUE
The night air,if anything, get's slightly colder as you make your way to Copper Lane.From the Outside, the building you see at the end of the lane look's no different than it's neighbors(though after what Nevin said earlier,it would be strange if these Cultist' showed themselves).It's stone,2 stories tall, backed right up against the City's wall(none of you would be suprised if they used the wall itself as part of the building) and has but one door facing out into the street.
What's your plan?

GM NOTE: since we haven't heard anything from Shadomask,i'm just gonna have to assume he 'caved in to Peer Pressure' and went along.I'll have a map of the house up AFAP...
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Nevin
~-~-~*~-~-~

The elf hesitated. For all his talk about wanting to do this here and now, he had actually put very little thought into exactly what they were to do. Turning towards the taller humans and Quanari, Nevin fidgeted with the simple brooch keeping his cloak in place. "I... what should we do? Same as before?"
------------
Camus

Velth Steel Mask Vaughn

Post by Camus »

"let's see if we can see or hear something first" says the warrior as he tries to peek through the edges of the door frame or listen to what is transpiring inside.

Perception: 14
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=216945
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ