DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB I(A WARM WELCOME)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB I(CHANTRY OF THE STILLED TONGUE)

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Nevin
HP: 22/22 | MP: 15/17
Defense: 10 | Speed: 12 | Spellpower: 13
~-~-~*~-~-~

"Is the childling safe?"

"He'll be alright, for now. They... they cut out his own tongue, all the way down to his throat. With quick thinking, I've managed too... staunch the bleeding." The elf hesitated, not wishing to divulge the means of how he did so. Anyone with even a shred of magic within the Tevintir was well aware that Ferelden as with most neighboring nations did not look upon mage-kind with fondness. "If- if there are other children being kidnapped, or... or anyone being targeted really, it'd give our Maker pride to help them as we did here. Payment or otherwise..."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

Ash was pleased that the boy will survive regardless of the severity of the loss of his tongue but said nothing else to the elf as there was really no point. He was suspicious by all this and longed to rest at the Pearl but anything was better than standing around here in this mist while listening to the prattle of both the Faceless One and the blond "IT". At least the Tevinter elf slave made some sense.

"Has this city no guards or even a army to deal with this?" he asked brusquely. "Strange that a private force would take on this task on its own but then i am a stranger to this land. You are certain that these bas-ra are at these locations you spoke of or do we have stumble around all over Denerim in the middle of the night and hope we find them?"
Camus

Velth Steel Mask Vaughn

Post by Camus »

Velth turned to the rouge, his expression concealed by the metal "Ash, you speak of what you do not know. Remain silent, if you don´t want to keep making a fool of yourself." Turning back to the guards, and Braedon in particular, he looks at Serina and then at him. "Your master is known for this kind of selfless actions" He crosses his arms around his armoured chest. "And for her wealth. I imagine she would not sleep until these deranged idiots are put to the blade, and that she will want no intrusion of the city guard proper in her matters of personal vengeance, but we need to sleep and rest before we can take this job. So as Mistress Serina said, lead us to your House, the guest rooms in House Baranti would be much better than some soggy old tavern beds. " Velth grinned. They had landed a fat fish, just as always. Velth you lucky bastard.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Perhaps that mask garbled his words. The man said they had other addresses and no time." Serina corrects. "Though an hour's worth of meditation would do me good, if possible." she says.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Camus

Velth Steel Mask Vaughn

Post by Camus »

Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:29 pm "Perhaps that mask garbled his words. The man said they had other addresses and no time." Serina corrects. "Though an hour's worth of meditation would do me good, if possible." she says.
"What? You mean they meant like right now?" Velth sounds surprised. "We will have to charge double then."
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"You need a doubly comfortable bed?" Serina gawks.
Camus

Velth Steel Mask Vaughn

Post by Camus »

Velth rolls his eyes behind his mask. "Perhaps all your commercial transactions end up in the bedroom, but mine don't, I meant gold pieces." Steel Mask said with a chuckle at his own joke
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Serina peers closely at the eyeslits.
"Are you sure you’re not just an especially tall dwarf?" Serina says.

Besides, you’re already on contract with my family right now, correct? A second contract might be a conflict of interest. Besides, you're pushing WAY too hard. The best way to make sure you're paid what you're worth is to demonstrate an excessive amount of competence.” She holds up the piece of paper the cultist dropped. "For instance, these tears on the edge here are one half of a cipher. There's another page, likely with holes or such to mark certain words. The two pages together create a whole new letter if you know how to read it... and I do." she says simply, enjoying the stunned silence. "So, I'm sure Braedon here will authorize my full asking price for my expert assistance and that of my deadly guardsmen and versatile retinue. And I'm sure he'll... stay close to make sure no cultist gets in a lucky shot while my valiant swordsmen are serving up a grand feast of blood and death. Isn't all that right Captain?"
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

"Guardsmen, The Thing says." Ash said softly as he watched the haggling continue. He finished cleaning his sword and returned both it and the rag back into their proper places. Ash had a half a mind to tell everyone what they can do with their contracts but said nothing. He'll play at being the hulking thug...for now.
Camus

Post by Camus »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:46 am Serina peers closely at the eyeslits.
"Are you sure you’re not just an especially tall dwarf?" Serina says.

Besides, you’re already on contract with my family right now, correct? A second contract might be a conflict of interest. Besides, you're pushing WAY too hard. The best way to make sure you're paid what you're worth is to demonstrate an excessive amount of competence.” She holds up the piece of paper the cultist dropped. "For instance, these tears on the edge here are one half of a cipher. There's another page, likely with holes or such to mark certain words. The two pages together create a whole new letter if you know how to read it... and I do." she says simply, enjoying the stunned silence. "So, I'm sure Braedon here will authorize my full asking price for my expert assistance and that of my deadly guardsmen and versatile retinue. And I'm sure he'll... stay close to make sure no cultist gets in a lucky shot while my valiant swordsmen are serving up a grand feast of blood and death. Isn't all that right Captain?"
Velth had to concede that the woman knew her trade, and had a tongue as silver as his mask.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

STORYTELLER
You can hear light snickering from the rest of the Baranti guards as Braedon get's way to much female attention at the moment.Clearing his Throat,the Captain gives a signal to his guards,one that Veth knows VERY well:The sign of Execution of Prisoners.As Braedon talks to your group,you'll note that each guard will stand directly behind a Cultist.At some odd signal,they'll slit all there throats at ounce,dropping the bodies unceremoniously on the ground.
While this is all going on around you,Braedon says Quietly to Serina
"If time were not of the essence,Lady Valonsark,i would gladly aid you and your allies in whatever way i could.But the Boy's family is not the only ones in danger this night,and we have no Time...."

Turning over to Veth and the other's,the Baranti Captain continues
"If it's Coin your truly after,then rest assured Bann Nicola will pay you a more than fair Wage for your time and efforts....Now,there's 2 more addresses still left,one on Tern Street and the other on Dogget Lane.Tern street is closer to here(more or less 5 blocks towards the river from here),so you take that while we(he motions towards his Guards) take Dogget Lane..."
He'll motion towards one of the less bloody guards(I'll pick Atkins),who nod's and head's to where Nevin is administrating to the child
"I'll leave one of my men to see to the boy.We just came from his house,the poor child is an Orphan now...."
a brief look of Fury passes over his face like a cloud over the sun,it was that quick.Squaring his shoulders,Braedon continues
"If we don't see each other again tonight,look for me at Bann Baranti's Manor for your Reward. Lady Valonsark..."
giving a bow towards Serina,Braedon and the other Baranti guards(minus the one assigned to the boy) take off at a dead run back into the mists...
Okay,now you guy's got intresting choices....
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Nevin
~-~-~*~-~-~

The elf lifts the boy up gently, much as a father would to his own child, as he approaches the guardsman who remained behind. "Are you to take him somewhere safe, I hope?"
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

The abrupt ending of many lives in front of her gave Serina only a moment's pause as a river of crimson flooded the streets.

"Later... then." she says lamely as the guards hustle away.

"Well, a light jog through ominous mists on the filth-strewn streets of a foreign city to confront mad cultists was JUST what I envisioned for this evening. But if this is what circumstances require to get a decent bed in this city..." she huffs.

"You there." she addresses the manor guard taking charge of the boy while unslinging her pack of extra clothes and eatware. "Could you convey this to the Manor? I'll pick it up later but I don't want it slowing us down nor would I appreciate it getting all bloody."

She turns to Gianni, "You, uh... ship...person." She shows him the address. "Can you find us the quickest route to get here?"
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:10 pm Image
Nevin
~-~-~*~-~-~

The elf lifts the boy up gently, much as a father would to his own child, as he approaches the guardsman who remained behind. "Are you to take him somewhere safe, I hope?"
Giving Nevin a brief nod,the guardsman gently takes the boy from him and after sliding Serina's bags on his back(as his hands were occupied by the child) head's off, towards Fort Drakon and Baranti Manor...
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Nevin
~-~-~*~-~-~

He gave Serina a shy smile, seeing that her lugage isn't going to be handed off so easily. More important then that, however, was that note... that... mage cipher? "My lady, you.... you know what that is, right? What it might mean?"
------------