DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB I(CHANTRY OF THE STILLED TONGUE)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MacynSnow
Posts: 2749
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB I(CHANTRY OF THE STILLED TONGUE)

Post by MacynSnow » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:59 pm

Welcome to the First Ever DARPG game ever posted on Echoes(Take that Jab&Ares,i finally did something first!:P)!
First a Bit of Rules,then my Story post....
RULE 1:
when you role your 3D6(i perfer Coyotecode,but to each their own...),you MUST designate 1D6 as your "Dragon Dice".That is the number you have for Stunt Points whenever you Roll Doubles.Note: Doubles DO NOT COUNT on Initiative or Damage rolls,just so we're clear...

(HOUSE)RULE 2:
Normally in the Rulebook,it states that when you do Damage with weapons,you use your Strength(Save for Bows,which use Perception).I think that Rule is slightly ignorant,so i instead use the "Stat it comes with" rule.Basically whatever stat you use for the attack,you use for Damage instead(again save for Bows,which that one makes sense,at least.)...

Now onto the Game! :D

MacynSnow
Posts: 2749
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB I(CHANTRY OF THE STILLED TONGUE)

Post by MacynSnow » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:00 pm

INTRESTING NPC'S OF DARPG:
this is basically a placeholder for any NPC's that you players find intresting or unique enough to place here...:)

MacynSnow
Posts: 2749
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB I(CHANTRY OF THE STILLED TONGUE)

Post by MacynSnow » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:03 pm

TANGLED WEB I: CHANTRY OF THE STILLED TONGUE
Image
Image
Image
"Denerim,the capital of Ferelden,began as an outpost of the Ancient Tevinter Imperium.It's mages rose up a dark tower from the side of the Mountain,a symbol of the imperium's power.As the imperium faded,the tower passed to the hands of the Teyrns that ruled for a millenium.Today that tower still stand's as Fort Drakon,immediately recognizable to any ship that approaches the rocky coast.The city that has sprung up around it has almost been carved out of the side of the mountain it rest's upon,and during the Dragon Age,it's population has grown beyond the city's ability to cope.The cramped districts,joined to each other by a network of bridges,are built one almost on top of the other.The narrow streets of the Lower Docks have an almost labyrinthine quality,and the walled-off Elven Alienage is so overpopulated that several purges have been required to keep order in the last decade alone."
-From In Pursuit Of Knowledge:The Travels Of a Chantry Scholar, by Brother Genitivi

PC NOTES:
The Dregs:A working-class neighborhood of servants and laborers in Denerim's Poor Quarter,located west of the Market District and north of the River Drakon.It's streets are flat and flood when it rains.It's safer than some of the other P.Q.(Poor Quarter) areas because the locals do their best to keep the criminals and riff-raff out,to keep their children&homes safe.In this regard,The Dregs has much in common with the Elven Alienage: it's residents know and look out for each other as long as they can do it without putting themselves in danger.Even so,it isn't uncommon for locals to make a point of traveling in groups after dark for safety's sake,or for outsiders passing through to hire armed escorts.

Your group managed to make it to the Denerim Docks yesterday morning(after the Attack on your vessel,The Seasprite,by Reavers),being put up by The Dockmaster(as a favor to Gianni) for the night.You've spent most of this morning trying to find out if their were other survivor's,to negative results.Now your group fond's itself heading towards an Inn refered to as The Pearl...

1.In The Mist
It's a cool and misty night in Denerim.All but the nearest torches and lanterns are glowing blobs of light hanging in midair.The city smells like a wet dog.
In this kind of mist you can hear people approaching long before you can see them.You'd peg the half-dozen or so pairs of feet pounding towards you in the darkness as guardsmen if it weren't for the horrible gurgling.
Five people emerge from the mist.All wear off-white robes stained with blood.One carries a child's body over his shoulder.
Image
Note:Due to the Misty conditiond on this night,everyone currently suffers a -2 penalty on most Perception test,as well as ranged attack rolls.

User avatar
Shadowmask
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:28 am

Re: DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB I(CHANTRY OF THE STILLED TONGUE)

Post by Shadowmask » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:30 pm

"Vashedan." Ash swore softly to himself as he beheld the robed men within the mist. Since arriving in the city, the Tal-Vashoth had been trying to avoid unwanted attention though he was somewhat fascinated with Denerim. The Antaam and the Beresaad had no presence here in Denerim but the Viddathari, those of the non Qunari races (humans, elves and dwarves) who had converted fully into the Qun certainly did. But somehow Ash knew these Basra weren't connected to neither of those groups.

Was the child dead? If so there was nothing to gain in battle and he should just leave and head straight to this 'Pearl'...

But he didn't. After all he was a former Ashaad, not a mere human or cowardly Bas-Saarebas like those with him and he needed the exercise. Days out at sea would do that to one, make you weak and flabby and Ash didn't want to be weak.

He drew up to his full height, his hand on the hilt of his sword.

"Release the little one." he said in a low rumbling voice.

Flynnarrel
Posts: 1818
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB I(CHANTRY OF THE STILLED TONGUE)

Post by Flynnarrel » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:51 pm

Serina Valonsark
HP: 26
MP: 20-3=17

This month was not getting better! First her older siblings died in the streets of Tevinter's capital city and they were both highly accomplished battle mages. The Pappa 'attaches' her to this Diplomatic envoy in effort to ship her off like a dismissed Soporati sent back to... the wild or wherever they go when dismissed. Then the whole darkspawn-fouled ship gets attacked by... ship-bandits, or whatever they're called. And the only people that make it to HER escape boat are her father's hired guards - Iron Face and some not-at-war-with-us Qun hulk, Celeste's mage-servant-in-training elf, and a ship-servant man.

All's she had with her was Celeste's Diplomacy papers, the barest minimum of clothes, and whatever else Iron Face insisted she carry (CARRY!) from the boat. She was dismayed that she was, in fact, STILL carrying this stuff but the brackish air here only reminded her that she had lost so much bounce and shine to her normally-lustrious hair that it was like an anchor sapping her strength and life, like an unlovely brunette cousin at a high social function. She hadn't the strength to argue. Even when they walked through a section of town best cleansed by fire, she didn't say anything, just looking forward to a bath and bed and brushing. Celeste wouldn't mind if Serina starting training the elf in the proper methods of hair brushing and not like there'd be too much scandal in it - he was an ELF after all, weren't they all eunics or something? But then they came across 5 tacky robed and masked... whatever they were, blood-drenched, carrying a child. Which, seriously, is such a waste! Children didn't have that much blood anyway and to go and waste it like that.... Rude!

Image

"You guys had better have a good explana... you know what, after the month I've been having.... Don't care!" She gestures and a plane of force, 2 yards radius flattens as many of them including the child carrier to the ground. (assuming they are within 50-yards, no attack roll needed).
{MIND BLAST
Magic School: Spirit
Spell Type: Attack Mana Cost: 3 MP
Casting Time: Major Action Target Number: 12
Test: Strength (Might) vs. Spellpower
Requirement: None
You create a circular blast of telekinetic force with a 2 yard
radius that’s centered anywhere within 50 yards that you can
see. Those caught in the blast are knocked prone and cannot
take a major action on their next turn. Targets that make a
successful Strength (Might) test vs. your Spellpower are only
knocked prone. In either case, any prepared actions are lost.

First one of my three is Dragon dice.
Mind Blast: 3D6+5 = [6, 3, 5]+5 = 19

Successful, their Strength(Might) vs. 15

Minor action: Ready the Spiked buckler for defense.
}
"Something pithy this way comes."

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 795
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Steel Mask

Post by Camus » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:24 am

The sea. Velth hated the sea. Most warriors did, the upkeep of weapons was so much more complicated at sea that it becomes a cumbersome task. But he hated it mostly because of its unpredictable nature. And that night his fears became true when the reavers attacked. Everything was a blur. He remember it was his guard post when the things began crawling into the ship. He remembers screaming to wake up the rest, and then not much more than cutting bodies in half and keeping tabs on Nevin and the gal. At some point they made it to safety.
He was soaked and little did he sleep, trying to get his weapons and armour from rusting, and also keeping an eye open for other threats. Luckily, Nevin and Serina seemed to entertain each other, and Ash and Gianni lifted their own weight (plus all that shit Serina made them carry). He needed to get some more sleep at some point, but for now the priority was to find a safe place to bunker up for a few days.
The inn might be a good place to begin. Or so he thought before or of nowhere a group of cloaked figures showed up.
Velth eyes turned red with injected blood. His grip on the broad sword tightened so much it started to shake. He, however, said nothing. Nevin knew Steel Mask well enough to know he was raging inside. Something must have triggered him off, and it was easy to know it was the child's corpse.
“..... Kill them all” was all he said, before dashing forward suddenly. Lifting his shield, he performed a maneuver the others had seen before. Covering up his own body, he used the shield as a screen, and attacked from unexpected angles. This time he took a short jump, spinning sideways and delivering a cut in a wide arc, aimed at the neck of the closest enemy.

Initiative: 15 http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=212676
Charge attack: 17 http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=212677
Damage: 8 http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=212678
Last edited by Camus on Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1442
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB I(CHANTRY OF THE STILLED TONGUE)

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:28 am

Image
Nevin
HP: 22/22 | MP: 17/17
Defense: 10 | Speed: 12 | Spellpower: 13
~-~-~*~-~-~

His life had been filled with more death within the last few months then it ever had before. Working primarily as a stable-hand for his masters and dealing with their horses, he did occasionally have to deal with the unfortunate occasions when a pony had fallen too ill to save, yet that didn't prepare him for what came ahead. From the smell of smoldering flesh, disturbingly too much like that of smoked pork when his friend's father lay flat against the wall a charred corpse, to the screams of pain and terror as hardened sailors were sliced to ribbons during that pirate's raid. He simply lacked the stomach to handle it all, a tolerance he desperately hoped he didn't need to gain.

The world had other ideas.

"Is- is that a-?! Why, why are they covered in...! Oh by the maker's light, why did it have to be like this, why have the bodies continued to follow?"

Biting his lips, he felt primal energy start to surge forth from his hands, yearning to be released. The keen part of his mind knew that in a position like this, those robed men were in the perfect formation to shock all at once. He didn't know who these people even were, or if that child was well and truly dead. If they still had breath in their lungs, he might just be able to bring them back. Primal magic was inherently indiscriminate however, so he simply just couldn't risk it. The magic seeped back within him, if only just for a moment.
Hesitating in battle, Nevin chooses to wait and see what happens first.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

Corrigon
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:36 am

Re: DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB I(CHANTRY OF THE STILLED TONGUE)

Post by Corrigon » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:08 pm

Gianni
HP 29 Defense 14 Speed 13 AR 3

initiative: 3d6+3 11

Losing the ship and now being stuck here in Denerim, almost dying. None of this was helping Gianni's mood, even if they were still alive. The port was fine, much like every other port, but it kept raining and he had to help the other survivors with a place to sleep.

That girl kept trying to treat him like a servant; She made have paid for passage, but he did work for her, no matter what tantrums she might throw when he refused to carry any of her stuff.
The giant Qunari at least wasn't trying to convert them to the Qun; thank the Maker for small mercies.
The one in the mask at least seemed to have some sense.
And there was the elf; he wasn't sure which of them was going to get him in trouble first, but he knew it was coming.

Now here they were trying to find the Pearl and since he was the only one with any sense, he was guiding them through the fog infested streets (ooc - Gianni has Navigation) before they stumbled on the other group.

Carrying a child at night, robes and five of them; none of that looked normal at all to Gianni.

Gianni drew his bow and opened fire into the nearest one. They didn't look like the Reavers that attacked them, but they were there and quite frankly, a happy substitute for his frustrations.

shooting: 3d6+3 15-2 =13
shooting damage: 1d6+3 7

User avatar
Shadowmask
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:28 am

Re: DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB I(CHANTRY OF THE STILLED TONGUE)

Post by Shadowmask » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:05 am

Ash drew his sword but held back as he watched the deranged yellow haired Bas Saarebas casting one of her vile spells upon those robed humans. Or perhaps they were elves. Who can tell with this accursed mist? He may no longer care to be part of the Qun but at least one thing stuck in his mind which reflected his past: an unbound mage is like a wildfire as prone to consume itself as it is to devour all that surrounds it.

"This is why we should cut out the tongues of all mages and sew their eyes shut." he spat as he entered into an defensive stance.

MacynSnow
Posts: 2749
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB I(CHANTRY OF THE STILLED TONGUE)

Post by MacynSnow » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:00 am

STORYTELLER
Serina's blast practically throw's the group of hooded figures off their feet just as Steel Mask's attack slices across the one holding the childs face!
Ash,takes up a Defenseive posture as Gianni's shot misses hitting one of the figure's by inches as they all land onto the ground hard.
The young child's body goes flying off of the lead figure's shoulders,landing limply onto the damp,cold ground like a sack of flour....
OCC: ok,time to get this started! Here's where we currently at on Initiative(i'll bold&underline who's next in line,for easier convenience)....
Initiative Order:
1)ASH -Full Health,Defense Action +2 Defense till start of next turn
2)Steel Mask -Full health
3) Robed Figures-(14 strength save,fail by 1) Knocked prone!
4) Serina Valonsark- Full Health, 17 Mana Points available
5) Gianni-Full Health
6) Nevin-Full Health, 17 Mana Points available

Current Status:
Child- 0 health(Dying by third complete turn of combat unless seen to)
Figure I - 26 health,knocked prone
Figures II-V --30 health, knocked prone also
Last edited by MacynSnow on Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 795
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Velth Steel Mask Vaughn

Post by Camus » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:46 am

Velth voice came ringing from behind his metal mask. It was like a grinding rock, so bass and deep. "Nevin! Get the child! Ash, attack my target, Gianni, cover fire!" He could have also given an order to the woman, but he thought she would be a better judge of what her magical capabilities were able to do or not to do.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

Flynnarrel
Posts: 1818
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB I(CHANTRY OF THE STILLED TONGUE)

Post by Flynnarrel » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:08 pm

Shadowmask wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:05 am
"This is why we should cut out the tongues of all mages and sew their eyes shut." he spat as he entered into an defensive stance.
"Excuse Me!?" Serina challenged. Such talk would get a servant flogged in Tevinter. She'd have to speak with her father about the guards he hired*. And here she was fully prepared not to say anything about his status as a Qun, or, more importantly, his smell. Seriously, how'd he even get this job?!



*note: you don't have to be guards/mercenaries hired by her father or anything, that's just what she assumes.
"Something pithy this way comes."

Corrigon
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:36 am

Re: DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB I(CHANTRY OF THE STILLED TONGUE)

Post by Corrigon » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:30 pm

Gianni

HP 29 Defense 14 Speed 13 AR 3

initiative: 3d6+3 8

shooting: 3d6+1 9

Damn this accursed fog Gianni cursed mentally as his arrow missed. He fired again, but again to no avail. He was going to have to draw his sword to be any use.

User avatar
Shadowmask
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:28 am

Re: DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB I(CHANTRY OF THE STILLED TONGUE)

Post by Shadowmask » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:48 am

Ash was somewhat confused by what the faceless one had said. What target? If one can't kill his own opponent then why order others to finish the job after striking the first blow?

Typical Kabethari. No sense of discipline or tactics.

Ash was more concerned about the Imekari who dropped to the ground and though he wanted to help, he still held his ground waiting for the enemy to come for him instead of charging in like a wild boar.

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 795
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Velth Steel Mask Vaughn

Post by Camus » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:51 am

Velth could not believe his eyes. The coward was not attacking! "Attack you coward, what are you waiting for? A written invitation!? Do you think this is an honourable place to have a duel? Wake up! You're a paid blade, act as one, not as Qun scum!" he shouts
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

Post Reply