Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Jabroniville
Posts: 9911
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:05 pm

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Jabroniville » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:16 am

Semilla notices magical energy as soon as she enters the room- the "hidden compartment" is swimming in it. Some of it has long since expired, or has grown very weak. Some reflect the protective magic felt on the unfortunate woman who lost a family heirloom. Others are QUITE fearsome- Mind-Altering magic, Summoning magic, Elemental magic- nothing that could shatter the world, but definitely enough to be dangerous.

Some of the objects never held power. It's then she notices a deep-red, egg-shaped object. Inspecting it, she finds nothing magical at all.

"What is that?" the increasingly impatient yacht owner grunts. "That wasn't part of i--"

"HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!! YOU'VE SEALED YOUR OWN FATES, FOOLS!!!" A maniacal bout of laughter erupts from the device after someone moves into proximity. The armored face of an arthropod appears from a hologram sprouting from the "egg"- those paying attention to the mission briefing recognize it as Doctor Nautilus. "YOU HAVE SEALED YOUR FATES BY INTERFERING AT THE SCENE OF OUR CRIME! YOU HAVE THE HONOR OF BEING THE FIRST SLAIN BY THE AGENTS OF AQUARIUS!! So WHO has stepped up on the chopping block?! The Legion of Light? The Ascendants? The... who the hell are you people?" he looks around, confused.

"Bah! Our first victims are a band of nobodies? So much the better! We can work our way up the food chain! AHAHAHAHAHHAH!!!" he screeches. "You'll never learn our game now!! Because we're wrapping up loose ends in the most messy way imaginable!"

The image shuts off, and the egg ceases making noise. A brief moment of silence is undercut when the officer hears something on his mic. "What's that? Maribelle? What did you say?? People coming up from the--"

Silver Witch and Flyby spot it from their high vantage point- a few of the officers on the yacht do, too. Characters in bright costumes- including ones you recognize from the briefing, slowly rise out of the sea water. Grappling hooks hit the side of the yacht, and they slowly climb aboard in uniform fashion. They are fronted by a truly bizarre sight- a bipedal dog (a golden retriever, to be exact) wearing SCUBA gear and sporting a harpoon gun.

"HAHA!!! I am a joke no more!" he shouts, arriving on the deck of the yacht. "No more am I Retriever, of the silly Dog Pack! Now, I am DOG SHA-- I MEAN DOGFISH!! Bow down before your destroyers! Agents- ATTACK!!"

The various Agents of Aquarius stalk forward, ten in all. An officer immediately draws on them, but one- Blue Shark- silently lashes out, breaking his hand and his gun simultaneously, then tossing him aside.

"Aw crap, gang" Flyby blurts into the communicator, "We got action topside!"

User avatar
Arkrite
Posts: 1204
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:16 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Arkrite » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:29 am

The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 2 Condition: Normal

Harry pulls his shield onto his arm, and activates his communicator, "On our way. Give us a sitrep-" he pauses realizing Flyby wouldn't know what he was asking for, "What are we facing topside?"

"Victory League," He calls out to the people in the room with him, "Move out."

User avatar
Psistrike
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Psistrike » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:10 am

Silver Witch
HP: 1 LP: 1
Condition: Fine

Ariana tries to hold it in, but after a few seconds burst out laughing. "Bwahaha. Sorry, the Agents of Aquarius, Shield. And the one leading them is a bipedal dog who calls himself Dogfish. Him making threats and ordering the agents to attack is a little too funny. I know they are supposed to be a big threat, but it is hard to take them seriously when they send out someone like this to lead their troops here."

OOC: Initiative check for when needed: Initiative check: 1D20+6 = [15]+6 = 21

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2350
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Flynnarrel » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:31 am

"Wow! You really had..." Semilla starts but then the egg starts it's message. To her credit, Semilla stands in front of the human owner, sheilding him from any potential explosion. She relaxes slightly at the lack of conflagration, at least enough to be indignant at the voice threatening mayhem.

She listens to the threats and to Silver Witch's report. "Aww... I love dogs."

"Stay down where it's safe Mr. Coordinator, sir."
"Something pithy this way comes."

Jabroniville
Posts: 9911
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:05 pm

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Jabroniville » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:21 am

"We got a bunch of costumed goons up here- the blue chick just wiped out a cop!" Flyby says. "One of the dudes is the big guy in pink, and some are those sexy chicks who were doing all the karate. Plus a dog in SCUBA gear. Aw man, this is gonna be HILARIOUS! I'm movin' in! You with me, Witchy-Girl?" With that, Flyby heads in towards the villains.

"Who's that LAUGHING at Dogfish?" Dogfish shouts, looking about- his canine hearing picking up someone's derogatory remarks. "Do not let my elaborate disguise fool you, female human, for I am an established super-villain!" he boasts, referring to his having dropped the domino mask of the Dog Pack for goggles and a shark fin on his back.

Meanwhile, Officer Henderson, the partner of the cop you've all been talking to, is hollering into her radio, "This is Officer Henderson, requesting backup! We have super-villain contact! Officer Mendez is down!" she says, holding her pistol towards Blue Shark, who struck the man. "Police! Freeze!"

The villains merely stalk forward, in uniform motion. Henderson grabs the injured officer and tries to drag him away from the immediate area, and the villains walk by, taking little interest. They're headed towards the inside of the yacht.

Ken
Posts: 2093
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:40 pm
Location: DeKamore, Madiganistan

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Ken » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:18 am

le Petit Hercule

"And you have ze powers, abilities, and ze smell of a wet dog. And what iz zis? Is it, how do you say, sloppy seconds?" Hercule loudly asks Dogfish and the Agents of Aquarius.
Roy Harper puts the 'arse' in Arsenal.

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1644
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by catsi563 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:37 pm

Halcyon
HP: 1; Condition: Foxy lady


"Oh my oh my the plot thickens." She whispers right into the yacht owners ear. "theyre coming for you id wager."


As she stayed hidden she calculated the best escape routes and decided to lay in wait as a backup for the team. Stand up fights were messy. ambushes on the other hand now those were fun.

And she could use the time to shake mr Shady down for more info while she waited.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2350
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Flynnarrel » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:59 am

Thinking of all the hapless civilians up there Semilla hurries up on deck.
But the slowness of her lignifying body prevents her from being the first to act.
"Something pithy this way comes."

Thorpocalypse
Posts: 1469
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:52 pm

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Thorpocalypse » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:16 pm

SLYCE

HP: 2; Condition: Fine

Slyce takes in the info and smirks. "I wish I could say I didn't see this coming but..."

With a *SCHZINK* he pops his claws and heads towards the commotion. He nods at Shield and then says to his allies in the room and on commlink, "Dibs on Big Pinky!"
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum

Jabroniville
Posts: 9911
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:05 pm

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Jabroniville » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:07 am

Image

Initiatives for the Agents:
Flyby's Initiative: 25
Dogfish: 23 (!!)
Knifefish: 19
Blue Shark: 18
Sawfish: 16
Sunfish: 15
Sawtooth: 15
Triggerfish: 10
Thresher Shark: 9
Whale Shark: 6
Barracuda: 1

Those present will recognize most of these people from the files. Knifefish, Blue Shark and Sunfish are female- the latter a solar blaster. Whale Shark is the tallest and most muscular, at about 6'5". Sawfish wields a large chainsaw. Barracuda is a man dressed like a pirate.

"What the--?!? Did you idiots set off some kind of trap?!? If I get hurt because of this, I'LL SUE!!" the rich douchebag shouts, red in the face again. "Who the hell attacks the same place TWICE?!"

The cop radios his partner back, brandishing his pistol and barking orders. "You- back!" he shouts to the civilians present, rich guy included. "We can't have any civilians nearby in a super-villain attack! Henderson! Stay back until backup arrives! We have superheroes down below!"

Flyby moves in first, as he said- blazing in. "The growing dude's not big yet! I'll take him out while he's tiny!" His attack connects, hammering the villain and knocking him into the wall. However, it does no damage, and Flyby yelps out in pain. "AGH! My shoulder! What the hell is this guy MADE of?" They tumble into a pile on the ground.

Ken
Posts: 2093
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:40 pm
Location: DeKamore, Madiganistan

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Ken » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:45 am

le Petit Hercule

Inititive in the seventh house: 1D20+5 = [15]+5 = 20


"Non Flyby! Ze rules state zat I, as ze Leaguer of Victory who can lift ze most, I must fight ze Whale Shark!"
Roy Harper puts the 'arse' in Arsenal.

Thorpocalypse
Posts: 1469
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:52 pm

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Thorpocalypse » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:44 am

SLYCE

HP: 2; Condition: Fine; Initiative: 25

"What part of 'dibs' do you guys not get?!?!?" Slyce says to Hercule and Flyby in mock indignation. "Everybody wants to party with the big man I guess. That's OK, I see plenty of dance partners..."

Dashing up to the line of costumed villains, he figures some shock and awe might aid the group. He comes in hard and fast on the one wielding the chainsaw then spins off and he tries to cut off the stinger on the one called Triggerfish.
With his 60 ft of movement, I assume he can get into melee. If not...

Slyce Athletics check to double speed: 1D20+11 = [7]+11 = 18


And now the attack.

Slyce goes All-Out Attack 2 against Sawtooth: 1D20+13 = [8]+13 = 21

If that's a hit at less than two degrees, it's a DC22 toughness check. If it is 2nd degree success, add +2. If it's a miss, oops.

Slyce will use EE for another attack which I assume he can pull off with his speed and Move-by Action. He'll go for Triggerfish if he can, if not, whatever other dude he can reach.

Slyce attacks Triggerfish, AA2: 1D20+13 = [7]+13 = 20. Same as above. He's fatigued now.
Breathing a little heavily, he then turns to Barracuda. "When I finish making sushi out of these two, we're gonna cross swords, er, claws and swords next Jack Sparrow!"
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum

Jabroniville
Posts: 9911
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:05 pm

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Jabroniville » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:48 am

(Alright, I think we just need The Shield to Roll Initiative now. the "Order of Combat" is posted in the first post in the Recruitment Thread, once again)

The attack DEFINITELY hits Sawtooth, however... the attack does no damage! The claws "skid" straight off his outer armor, which is a surprise (lol, rolled a Natural 20. Talk about unnecessary).

Triggerfish, however, takes damage- surprisingly not as much, however (14), merely shrinking back from the blow. No shrieking, no screaming. You notice no blood- your enhanced senses, in fact, don't pick up much of anything. Maybe it's the water. (Roll Perception Check, please) "Fool! Your attacks are meaningless" Triggerfish says, before calmly heading towards Slyce.

"Fool! The first to attack is the first to die!" shouts Dogfish. "Eat HARPOON!" With that, he fires out an oddly-accurate shot (lol, 29 overall), leveling Slyce with a bolt straight to the chest (DC 19 damage).

Also, anyone with an INT or AWA higher than 3 will recall the situation in the boardroom where the Doctor noted that Barracuda no longer looks like a Pirate, and instead genetically-modified himself. And before you is a pirate.

(Silver Witch & Hercule move next, unless The Shield rolls higher than 20 for Init).

User avatar
Psistrike
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Psistrike » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:05 am

Silver Witch
HP: 1 LP: 1
Condition: Fine

Taking a look at the Agents of Aquarius, Silver Witch remembers something the Doctor said back at the boardroom. "Guys, something's fishy here. Doctor Mercury mentioned that Barracuda didn't have the pirate look any longer, that he had himself genetically-modified. So why does this Barracuda dress like a pirate with no genetic modifications to be seen? I think we are dealing with a bunch of fakes. Time to test that theory by blasting the one who is already damaged." Forming a giant energy cannon, she takes aim at Triggerfish and opens fire with a huge blast of blinding silver energy.

OOC: Int 4 and Eidetic Memory, so Silver Witch definitely remembers what Doctor Mercury said about Barracuda. Silver Energy Blast on Triggerfish: Attack roll: 1D20+8 = [14]+8 = 22 DC 24, Multiattack so +2 DC if hit by 2 Degrees, +5 in the unlikely event she hit by 3 Degrees.

Thorpocalypse
Posts: 1469
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:52 pm

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Thorpocalypse » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:24 pm

SLYCE

HP: 2; Condition: Fine; Initiative: 25
Jabroniville wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:48 am
"Fool! The first to attack is the first to die!" shouts Dogfish. "Eat HARPOON!" With that, he fires out an oddly-accurate shot (lol, 29 overall), leveling Slyce with a bolt straight to the chest (DC 19 damage).
Let's deal with the cheap shot from Dogfish first.

TC against DC19: 1D20+8 = [19]+8 = 27
Xavion picks up the *foomp* sound of the harpoon gun firing just in time to get a clawed hand up to block the incoming shot. It sliced the back of his hand but the harpoon could not penetrate the steel that covered the bones in his hand. His healing factor started to close the minor wound almost instantaneously.

He flashes a quick glare at Dogfish. "Bad dog," he growled at the canine criminal.
Jabroniville wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:48 am
The attack DEFINITELY hits Sawtooth, however... the attack does no damage! The claws "skid" straight off his outer armor, which is a surprise (lol, rolled a Natural 20. Talk about unnecessary).

Triggerfish, however, takes damage- surprisingly not as much, however (14), merely shrinking back from the blow. No shrieking, no screaming. You notice no blood- your enhanced senses, in fact, don't pick up much of anything. Maybe it's the water. (Roll Perception Check, please) "Fool! Your attacks are meaningless" Triggerfish says, before calmly heading towards Slyce.

Also, anyone with an INT or AWA higher than 3 will recall the situation in the boardroom where the Doctor noted that Barracuda no longer looks like a Pirate, and instead genetically-modified himself. And before you is a pirate.
No blood? Slyce thinks as he pulls back his claw from Triggerfish. I could see I didn't get a clean shot on the saw guy, but that was point blank. Somethin' ain't stirrin' the Kool-Aid here....

And wait? Didn't Neville say Jack Sparrow there is supposed to be like a real Barracuda now? I thought I recalled him saying something about that during the whole thing with Rena's plan.

And where is she anyway? Wait...like I don't know how she rolls. She's not the "big superhero fight" type. I'm sure she's lurking, waiting for a surgical strike.

...and smelling all good...

FOCUS, X, FOCUS!

Perception check: 1D20+13 = [4]+13 = 17


I blame that 4 on Halcyon. ;)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum

Post Reply