Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Ken
Posts: 2024
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:40 pm
Location: DeKamore, Madiganistan

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Ken » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:36 am

le Petit Hercule

During the trip from the HuMayne Enterprises building to the afflicted neighbourhood, Adrien sat, flipping through his big thick map book. Being from Paris, and still having his London A-Z, he had known that most world-class cities had them available. So, when he passed a bookstore in Grant International, he popped in and picked up the equivalent for Mega City.

Once arrived, he looked around. He noted the squalor.

OOC: I don't know how we were traveling. If Adrien was left to own devices, he'd have taken the elevated train (which I verified with Jab is present, and still goes to the stop by the old petting zoo.) I could also see where we might have taken Harry's truck. Or maybe a bus. However, in any of these scenarios, Adrien ain't driving, so he was looking at his "Mega City A-Z", or whatever it's called.
Does a Winnie poo in the 100-acre wood?

User avatar
Psistrike
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Psistrike » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:41 pm

Silver Witch

Fly above at a distance or in the vehicle, Ariana had to debate with herself for a minute before realizing even high up it would be hard not to notice her flying along with her silver glow surrounding her. Which is how she found herself stuck riding along with the others to the site, trying to figure out the optimal distance to hide so she can get to her allies in an instant if needed. Her first team mission, she couldn't believe this was happening already. Just 6 months ago she had been an ordinary girl and now here she was, the fates must be taking bets on how unusual they can make someone's life in a short amount of time.

User avatar
Arkrite
Posts: 1154
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:16 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Arkrite » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:37 am

The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 1 Condition: Normal

Harry offers a ride to anybody who's interested, though Todd would likely feel cramped in the pickup truck, even one customized for a larger than average man.

On the quick drive down he keeps his eyes on the surroundings, trying to see if he can see any hints of any gangs, all the while looking for a spot with some nightlife.
Pumping the locals for information would be the fastest way to learn something.

Well, he thought, maybe second fastest if those Hillbillies see the others coming.

He shrugged. At worst it would just force the endgame early, and he felt confidant that without some serious super powered backup appearing for the bad guys, they could handle a simple street gang of themed weirdos.

Ken
Posts: 2024
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:40 pm
Location: DeKamore, Madiganistan

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Ken » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:19 am

le Petit Hercule
Arkrite wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:37 am
Harry offers a ride to anybody who's interested, though Todd would likely feel cramped in the pickup truck, even one customized for a larger than average man.
Whe Harry had offered people a ride, Adrien declined. A natural introvert, the past hour at HuMayne had been taxing and de-energising. He opted to take the elevated train, saying he would meet Harry, Todd, and Maia there. Despite the people on the train, he didn't really interact with anyone. People on public transit tended to be like that. So, he arrived feeling recharged.
Ken wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:36 am
During the trip from the HuMayne Enterprises building to the afflicted neighbourhood, Adrien sat, flipping through his big thick map book. Being from Paris, and still having his London A-Z, he had known that most world-class cities had them available. So, when he passed a bookstore in Grant International, he popped in and picked up the equivalent for Mega City.

Once arrived, he looked around. He noted the squalor.
As the train pulled away, he noticed something peculiar atop the elevated train.
(<I wonder why there are handrails on top of the train cars.>)0o. he thought.

He started wandering towards the abandoned petting zoo, and ignoring the squalor, started looking for people.
Does a Winnie poo in the 100-acre wood?

Jabroniville
Posts: 9640
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:05 pm

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Jabroniville » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:06 am

Arkrite wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:37 am
The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 1 Condition: Normal

Harry offers a ride to anybody who's interested, though Todd would likely feel cramped in the pickup truck, even one customized for a larger than average man.

On the quick drive down he keeps his eyes on the surroundings, trying to see if he can see any hints of any gangs, all the while looking for a spot with some nightlife.
Pumping the locals for information would be the fastest way to learn something.

Well, he thought, maybe second fastest if those Hillbillies see the others coming.

He shrugged. At worst it would just force the endgame early, and he felt confidant that without some serious super powered backup appearing for the bad guys, they could handle a simple street gang of themed weirdos.
Nobody's really "out" in the visible sense. The area has all the signs of visible economic depression- pawn shops; liquor stores; a lot of bars. Closer to the actual professed "Hillbillies Territory" is only a single bar, Mike's, which appears fairly quiet. You catch some people looking out there windows at a truck driving about at this time of night (even though it's only just after 10 pm; not normally "ghost town" hours), but nothing overly suspicious.

User avatar
L-Space
Posts: 727
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:40 pm
Location: Nebraska

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by L-Space » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:19 am

Flyby
HP: 1 LP: 2 (power stunts)
Condition: Normal

Sawyer passed on the ride, all this time indoors had made him want to stretch his legs a bit, so to speak. He rockets straight up from the HuMayne building with a woop and flies to a considerable height. He looks down at the city with a smile enjoying the view.

After a few moments he starts thinking of the best way to get to the Hillbillies territory. He flies most of the way there, since seeing supes in the sky isn't an uncommon occurrence for Mega-City, but once he gets to a decent distance he scans the rooftops for lookout and a clear path. From there he lands on a building and fly "jumps" from rooftop to rooftop until he finds a good vantage point to spy on the ground team's entry point.

Sawyer activates his radio, "Hey slowpokes, I'm all set-up here let me know when you guys are in position." He then lets thrm no where he's posted.
OOC wrote: Finding a building that gives a view from a decent distance, he has Extended sight 2 and low-light with his mask. Perception: 1D20+11 = [2]+11 = 13
Bah, crap start.
Image
Formerly luketheduke86

Jabroniville
Posts: 9640
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:05 pm

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Jabroniville » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:23 am

L-Space wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:19 am
Flyby
HP: 1 LP: 2 (power stunts)
Condition: Normal

Sawyer passed on the ride, all this time indoors had made him want to stretch his legs a bit, so to speak. He rockets straight up from the HuMayne building with a woop and flies to a considerable height. He looks down at the city with a smile enjoying the view.

After a few moments he starts thinking of the best way to get to the Hillbillies territory. He flies most of the way there, since seeing supes in the sky isn't an uncommon occurrence for Mega-City, but once he gets to a decent distance he scans the rooftops for lookout and a clear path. From there he lands on a building and fly "jumps" from rooftop to rooftop until he finds a good vantage point to spy on the ground team's entry point.

Sawyer activates his radio, "Hey slowpokes, I'm all set-up here let me know when you guys are in position." He then lets thrm no where he's posted.
OOC wrote: Finding a building that gives a view from a decent distance, he has Extended sight 2 and low-light with his mask. Perception: 1D20+11 = [2]+11 = 13
Bah, crap start.
Nobody appears to be out on the rooftops, at least. The only moving vehicle you see is the Shield's, too.

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by MacynSnow » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:44 am

Arkrite wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:37 am
Harry offers a ride to anybody who's interested, though Todd would likely feel cramped in the pickup truck, even one customized for a larger than average man.
MUSTANG
HP-1 CONDITION-Normal

Accepting the truck ride,Todd didn't seem to mind all that much.If Maia accepts as well,he'll just ride in the back.As they drove through the dying Area,a part of him wished he could've seen this place in it's prime.No natter if they stopped what was trying to happen,they'd still not be able to save this Neighborhood...
"You know something? Watching all this go by,i can't help but remember something Shakespeare wrote:
Time hath, my Lord, a wallet at his
back,
Wherein he puts alms for oblivion,
A great-siz'd monster of ingratitudes.
....
It makes me kinda sad to realize,no matter how good we are at stopping the Bad Guy's,we'll never be able to save this Neighborhood....
"
alright,let's see what we can see....
I zaw Nothing! (1+6=7) :(

User avatar
Psistrike
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Psistrike » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:24 am

Silver Witch

When they got close to the Hillbillies territory, Ariana let herself out of the truck and flew to a nearby rooftop hoping no one noticed the silver streak while she was in the air. Watching The Shield's truck closely and doing short flights between buildings to keep up, she tried to spot anything which might stand out around here while on the move. Now if the local bugs would just stop being attracted to her glowing force field.

OOC: Perception check: 1D20+4 = [11]+4 = 15

RainOnTheSun
Posts: 389
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 7:20 am

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by RainOnTheSun » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:43 am

Doctor Mercury rode on top of the elevated train, invisible to the naked eye. She could have afforded a ticket, of course, but even she had enough social understanding to know that entering a train with green skin and a tail would have been alarming to many people. Which was completely absurd: she had every legal right to modify her appearance and physiology as she saw fit. But no, apparently it frightened patients! Cowards!

When Hercule got off the train, Doctor Mercury followed him invisibly, jumping from building to building and crawling along the walls. It wasn't strictly necessary, she could have just as easily walked along the sidewalk... but it was much more fun.

"This neighborhood is sorely lacking in nightlife," she observes quietly over the radio. "You all stick out like a sore thumb. So much the better for us--you are bound to be noticed. I see there is a bar on the way: feel free to enter it or ignore it."

Perception with low light vision: 1D20+6 = [11]+6 = 17

Jabroniville
Posts: 9640
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:05 pm

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Jabroniville » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:28 am

Both of you only notice that despite the "lack of nightlife", numerous lights are on in the nearby apartment row-houses, mostly with curtains either drawn, or with eyes peeking out from them occasionally, especially when the truck drives by. Nobody appears to actually be OUTSIDE, however.

Ken
Posts: 2024
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:40 pm
Location: DeKamore, Madiganistan

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Ken » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:11 pm

le Petit Hercule
RainOnTheSun wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:43 am
"This neighborhood is sorely lacking in nightlife," she observes quietly over the radio. "You all stick out like a sore thumb. So much the better for us--you are bound to be noticed. I see there is a bar on the way: feel free to enter it or ignore it."
"Bonsoir, Docteur," Adrien replied into his own radio. "I believe that, even when this quartier was healthy, the attraction was entertainment familial. Petting horses, cows, sheep and... uh... chèvres. Zut! With the horns and the beard. Quand même, It is une activité pour the children."

Making note of Harry's truck, Adrien had a thought. He moved to the edge of the defunct petting zoo. He tried peering through the opening in the fence, and tried to look for how many of the buildings were still standing, and if they were the kind of buildings he was expecting.
He thumbed his radio, "Hillbillies are assocated ... aux fermes et aux granges... pardon, with farms and barns, n'est-ce pas? And are there not barns in a petting zoo?"


Good evening, Doctor, / neighborhood / for the family / goats / damn! / anyway / an activity for

with farms and with barns... sorry / aren't they
Does a Winnie poo in the 100-acre wood?

Jabroniville
Posts: 9640
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:05 pm

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Jabroniville » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:46 pm

(Oh wait, when did you leave the truck? Just then?)

The barn, which was a centralized Working Barn/Petting Zoo which also held administrative offices, break rooms and the like, still stands, though the paint is in obvious disrepair. Some buildings nearby look to have been bulldozed deliberately; others were already flimsy and naturally fell apart without constant repair. The only major building is the barn, while others are glorified covered stalls.

User avatar
Psistrike
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Psistrike » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:59 pm

Jabroniville wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:46 pm
(Oh wait, when did you leave the truck? Just then?)
OOC: If that is directed at Silver Witch, she exited the truck when they got within about half a mile of the Hillbillies territory.

Jabroniville
Posts: 9640
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:05 pm

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Jabroniville » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:01 pm

No, it was for Hercule.

Post Reply