Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Ken

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule
HP: 2 Luck: 1 Condition: Dazed (-1) Initiative: 20 Round Counter: 4

"Docteur, le Petit Hercule says to Doctor Mercury, "Non muscle enhancers here, just gears and moteurs. Except for 'Dogfish', these are des robots déguisés... Sorry, ro-bahts in disguise.[/i]" (The word 'robots' in french is pronounced 'robo'). The pain from Blue Shark's bite distracted him from translating to English as smoothly as he would have liked. The pain also made him decide to not try to move far before attacking another robot. Thankfully, the source of his pain, Blue Shark, was still close. He swung a little wildly at Blue Shark (using 2 points of Power Attack).

1d20+6: 19 [1d20=13] (Toughness check DC 27 if it connects).
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

HELIX
HP: 1

Attempting to press forward with the same opponent, the Apache Warrior levels another Blast at the Barricuda Bot.

Result: 1d20+11:26 [1d20=15]

Telekinesis Blast : 26
Last edited by Hawk on Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Silver Witch
HP: 1 LP: 0

"Sorry, Dogfish, but it seems the time holding onto you has passed. This is going to hurt you a lot more than it is going to hurt me." Taking aim with the energy hand bound Dogfish, she lined up a pitch on Mako and lets fly, but whiffs the throw as Dogfish goes crashing into the dock and missing Mako by several feet.

OOC: Throwing Dogfish at Mako using Silver Energy Manipulation: Attack roll: 1d20+8 15 Well, Move Object can't be used for damage without the Damaging Extra, directly, but could throwing Dogfish with Move Object 12 count as an attack and do DC 27 damage to him since she missed Mako and basically threw him into the docks at high speed?
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:34 am Doctor Mercury
HP: 2
Condition: 2-point Defensive Attack, Dodge and Parry +11

Doctor Mercury weaves between attacks, using raw speed more than any actual skill, and throws a punch at Mako. "I understand--tsk, hold still--I understand you received a chemical enhancement," she says to Blue Shark. "These usually fail spectacularly, but I see you haven't exploded or melted yet."

2-point Defensive Attack on Mako: 1d20+7 14
Unfortunately, the attack misses. Mako is too limber, diving under the attack. His own counter-attack misses as well (14), as a backhand is avoided by Mercury.

Manta Ray throws out a series of Boomer-Rays at his foes, hammering Mako and Blue Shark. However, both are durable enough to avoid the majority of the damage, possessing very tough hides (13 & 11 on the dice, adding up to more than DC 19 in both cases, though Blue Shark dodged by less and thus is hurt by the Multiattack, so is Bruised). Both yelp out in pain, then turn angrily towards Manta Ray.

"... HELL". Manta is unenthused, and is forced to dodge Blue Shark's charge.

Your turn again!
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:52 am le Petit Hercule
HP: 2 Luck: 1 Condition: Dazed (-1) Initiative: 20 Round Counter: 4

"Docteur, le Petit Hercule says to Doctor Mercury, "Non muscle enhancers here, just gears and moteurs. Except for 'Dogfish', these are des robots déguisés... Sorry, ro-bahts in disguise.[/i]" (The word 'robots' in french is pronounced 'robo'). The pain from Blue Shark's bite distracted him from translating to English as smoothly as he would have liked. The pain also made him decide to not try to move far before attacking another robot. Thankfully, the source of his pain, Blue Shark, was still close. He swung a little wildly at Blue Shark (using 2 points of Power Attack).

1d20+6: 19 [1d20=13] (Toughness check DC 27 if it connects).
(Dr. Mercury is not in this battle- she's across the city still. You're fighting the robot Blue Shark)

The robot is badly injured by the attack, her head nearly lifting off her body (missed by 10- Staggered)
Hawk wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:23 am HELIX

Attempting to press forward with the same opponent, the Apache Warrior levels another Blast at the Barricuda Bot.

Result: 1d20+11:26 [1d20=15]

Telekinesis Blast : 26
The attack barely hits the vulnerable robot, as it struggles against the vines. (20 vs 26- Dazed & Bruised)
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Psistrike wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:35 am Silver Witch

"Sorry, Dogfish, but it seems the time holding onto you has passed. This is going to hurt you a lot more than it is going to hurt me." Taking aim with the energy hand bound Dogfish, she lined up a pitch on Mako and lets fly, but whiffs the throw as Dogfish goes crashing into the dock and missing Mako by several feet.

OOC: Throwing Dogfish at Mako using Silver Energy Manipulation: Attack roll: 1d20+8 15 Well, Move Object can't be used for damage without the Damaging Extra, directly, but could throwing Dogfish with Move Object 12 count as an attack and do DC 27 damage to him since she missed Mako and basically threw him into the docks at high speed?
Oh man- the "Throwing people into other people?" thing again? I said not without Hero Points (unless it was against Mooks) before, and I think I have to uphold that. As for Move Object counting as damage with a lifted target... I'm not sure. I guess if he gets a resistance check to Ranged Attacks, it can work. Otherwise it'd be a "Free Shot" at high ranks. Since it's funny that he'd just be crashing into the dock, I'll allow it, but he gets a save :).

(He rolls 16 combined, so he fails!)

Dogfish struggles against the Silver Energy, flailing about and trying to shoot with his Harpoon Gun while biting futiley at the energy hand.

"Hurt me? What are you talking abouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu----!!?!?" he yelps, as he sails down to the deck of the boat. The robot Mako holds steady as a wailing humanoid golden retriever comes crashing THROUGH the dock mere feet from where it's standing. It stops in mid-step, looks to the side, looks down at the hole (and listens to a wailing animal-person hit another level of the boat), considers things for a moment... and then continues what it was doing.

(Dogfish is Staggered. And on another level)
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

MORE AGENT ATTACKS:

Knifefish opens up a hole in her arm, and fires a mini-rocket at Silver Witch (2- ERG. Take a Hero Point, the next try hits, DC 23 Damage). "Ally Dogfish: possibly terminated. Inconvenience: Minor. Still, flying metahuman threat must be neutralized".

Blue Shark-Bot, still damaged from the repeated attacks, puemmels Hercule with fists, but misses the first salvo (5- take a Hero Point, lol... OH MY GOD A NATURAL ONE. STILL MISSES!!). With an almost human-like bit of annoyance, she redoubles the effort, firing on all cylinders and whirring so fast that her arms become a blur- mechanical implements scream and whine at the strain... but also get blocked by your apparently deft defensive skills (Savate?).

The Shield is Next, followed by Sawfish & Sunfish
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Doctor Mercury
Condition: Dodge and Parry +7

Doctor Mercury blocks Mako's backhand with her forearm, mentally adjusts for the sharkman's speed, and punches him more effectively. A blur of motion and a fraction of a second later, and she's standing next to Blue Shark and Manta Ray.

"Don't IGNORE me when I'm TALKING TO YOU!" she yells. "It's rude."
2-point All-Out Attack vs Mako: 1d20+11 30
Sheesh, I didn't need the All-Out Attack at all! Taking a move action to engage with Manta Ray and Blue Shark after attacking.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 2 Condition: Normal

Harry drove a low roundhouse kick into Knifefish's left knee, then hooked his right hand, shield first, into the side of the robot's head.

"Maybe you shouldn't take your eyes off the landlocked metahuman right in front of you," Harry said.

Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Silver Witch
Condition: -2 Toughness & Dazed [1 round]

Her silver force field flares as the mini-rocket hits, but only blunts the force so much as she is left with bumps and bruises, plus temporarily disoriented. As the smoke clears, she is pointing at the Knifefish robot with a glare on her face. "You just got bumped to the top of the list, Knifefish robot. If my friends don't take you out first."

OOC: Toughness check: Toughness check: 1d20+10 13
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:10 am Doctor Mercury
Condition: Dodge and Parry +7

Doctor Mercury blocks Mako's backhand with her forearm, mentally adjusts for the sharkman's speed, and punches him more effectively. A blur of motion and a fraction of a second later, and she's standing next to Blue Shark and Manta Ray.

"Don't IGNORE me when I'm TALKING TO YOU!" she yells. "It's rude."
2-point All-Out Attack vs Mako: 1d20+11 30
Sheesh, I didn't need the All-Out Attack at all! Taking a move action to engage with Manta Ray and Blue Shark after attacking.
(Oh geez- rolled a 4- take a Hero Point, because I re-rolled. He's Bruised again)

Mako reacts negatively to the blow, being knocked completely silly, but he apparently shakes it off enough to recover.

"ARGGHHH what's making you so nosy!? You some kind of Origin-Chaser?" Blue Shark shouts. "You already obviously got SOME kind of enhancements, or your puny arms and legs wouldn't be doing SQUAT to us!" She takes a swing at Manta Ray, but misses. "I hooked up with some random scientists, got me some super-steroids, and ended up swol and beefy! Don't ask me HOW, because I'm the only one of our group that survived! I guess our science-dudes were as incompetent as the usual!"

Mako makes an All-Out Attack at Dr. Mercury, but misses (9 + 8), getting increasingly frustrated. Manta Ray, meanwhile, manages to tag Blue Shark, as his Boomer-Ray hits her square in the nose. It apparently does more emotional damage than physical, as a slight nosebleed and a REALLY angry noise are all he gets in response (She's Bruised -2 now).

Your turn again! And this time, I remembered to have Blue Shark reply to you :)!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Arkrite wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:11 am The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 2 Condition: Normal

Harry drove a low roundhouse kick into Knifefish's left knee, then hooked his right hand, shield first, into the side of the robot's head.

"Maybe you shouldn't take your eyes off the landlocked metahuman right in front of you," Harry said.

The robot is hammered by the attack, staggering and nearly tripping before righting itself in an inhuman manner and looking at you with a steady, robotic turn. No appreciable damage is done

(I guess it doesn't hurt. Thanks for your honesty, Arkite :))
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Blue Shark-Bot: 18 (Staggered, Defenseless, Immobile & Disabled, Bruised -2)
Sawfish: 16 (Vulnerable & Impaired)
Sunfish: 15 (Bruised -1)
Bull Shark: 15

The Agent-Bots make their attacks once more. The Blue Shark-Bot, incredibly weakened by the attacks, swings at Hercule with a Power Attack double-axehandle blow, but the multiple afflictions befouling it cause it to only barely hit (15 -2 -5 + 8 = 16; I thought that was a miss, but your defenses are lower than I thought- it's right on the money).

Sawfish, having barely avoided Slyce's claws damaging its exterior, lashes out with the sawblade, spearing Slyce right in the gut (wow- 24 to hit. DC 23 Damage).

Sunfish sees Sawfish engage, and so hammers away at Semilla with robotic fists (25- these guys are finally motivated! DC 23 damage).

Bull Shark-Bot attacks The Shield, swinging with a powerful shot of its own, an uppercut aimed right at the hero's jaw (20 to hit, DC 25 Damage).

Semilla's turn again!
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Toughness: 1d20+20 39 Ack. That was supposed to +10 for 29.
The robot’s blow glances off the dense bark covering the Druid neophyte.

This time Semilla doesn’t hesitate to have the seeds try to grow their way into the attacking automaton’s (Sunfish) joint and tear it asunder from the inside.
Floral Erosion +11 (+7 Ranged Weaken & Damage, DC 17 & 22). Strong stance -2 to hit +2 DCs
Attack: 1d20+9 28

So DC 19 weaken toughness. Then DC 24 damage
"Something pithy this way comes."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Halcyon
HP: 1; Condition: Foxy lady

Halcyon meanwhile was doing what she did best in the middle of the chaos, namely causing more of it. She ran up behind Sunfish and landed on her shoulders and then used them as a springboard to jump off and backflip a couple times before mockingly waving and laughing at the fembot. Then at the last second she made to duck Sunfishes violent response insuring that the damaged Barracuda took the brunt of the attack.

Halcyon will use the trick option of deception her deception roll Roll(1d20)+14: 19,+14 Total:33 -5 for doing it as a move action for a 28 against Sunfish to trick her into blasting Barracuda

Shell be using the defend action for the round
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories