Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Flynnarrel »

Semilla flinched at the words 'take 'em out', as if the League were no different from old-timey gangsters ordering a hit.

"Makes sure they know there have been no death and no lasting injuries, please." she whispered to Shield when he finally arrives.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 2 Condition: Normal

Harry nods and waves to Hercule as he makes his way over.

Pausing as Semilla talks to him he smiles, "Yes, that would probably be best. Mind holding onto my shield for me? Rather not spook them if I can avoid it."

Moving up to stand next to Mustang, his hands held palms towards the police and held away from his body.

"You'll want to call in a paddy wagon. We've got the Weapon Masters and some Hillbillies secured, but I'd feel happier seeing them in handcuffs," He says, "Good news is one of our team is a healer and looked after the injured parties, so everybody is in good shape."
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Silver Witch

"Officers, we were formed by a concerned citizen, each of us had been acting as heroes ourselves for various lengths of time and were brought together. We were informed of what was thought to be the local gang the Ninjas fighting and taking over territory from the Hillbillies. We went in to investigate and discovered it was actually the New Weapon Masters disguising themselves as the Ninjas, intent on gaining more territory and starting a gang war. We fought and subdued them, but unfortunately, the Baseball Furries already found out and have started a gang war before we could prevent it."
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Ken wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:42 pm le Petit Hercule

He turned his attention back to Slyce, "He speaks français. This clean slate. Does this mean you're no longer combating the Agency?"

He is, of course, referring to the Agency that Slyce had been fighting, and whom Hercule had helped him penetrate said agency's Paris office.
SLYCE

HP: 2; Condition: Fine

"Oh, I am," Slyce replied trying to look as non-threatening as he could as the team conversed with the police. "They're going to pay for what they did to me and all the others they f'd over but I can't just dwell on the past, you know? Plus, with this gig, I get a chance to look like a hero to my kids for once."

"But I do have a lead on an Agency activity coming up soon..."
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT SLYCE AND HIS ONGOING BATTLE WITH HIS EVIL FORMER EMPLOYERS? CHECK OUT THE 90's STYLE CLAW-SLINGING ADVENTURES OF SLYCE IN:

SLYCE #1!!!!

AN ALL-NEW, NOT EVEN CLOSE TO WOLVERINE-STYLE SOLO ADVENTURE BOOK FROM JABRONIVILLE COMICS!!! GET AN EXCLUSIVE COLLECTOR'S EDITION AT J-MART!!! COMING SOON!

(Probably not, but obviously Slyce will spin off into his own series, Or two. Or 10. That's what his archetype does. :))
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

"The WEAPON-Masters are in town? And taking over GANG territory? I--- oh, I see them." the officer says, staring at some of the bound villains. "And you're working for HuMayne? The guy who put on the super-suit that one ti-- that's interesting." she seems bewildered by all the information to take in. "And wow, is that The Shield? I haven't seen him in AGES."

"Are you fangirling, Henderson?" Her partner is amused.

"Quiet, Jayse" she smirks.

"In any case" she continues, "This is pretty serious stuff, especially if the *shudder* FURRIES are considering moving in. We're going to need to talk to your boss, and bring in these guys for questioning, and arrange for medical personnel. The Hillbillies are a nuisance, but were a shield against the Furries' encroaching elsewhere, according to our gang boys and local Heroes. And the gunshots heard earlier, along with the rumors of gang-rumblings going on, are going to ENSURE the press gets here quickly, so I suggest you all get your game-faces on for THAT. But... bringing down the Weapon-Masters in your first at-bat? Not bad."

"Man, I count thirteen of 'em" the male officer says, checking over the team. "And almost as many guys on this super-team." He stops and stares at Hercule. "What was that? French? You're not a bunch of locals?" he asks.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

GALACTICA
0 :HP ο COND: Exhausted

Galactica pipes up from where she strikes a strong pose with Fist in a headlock and his newly added wooden restraints, her other arm flexed to show her own impressively toned arm muscles. "I am most certainly not a local!" she speaks loud and confidently. "I am the intergalactic wrestling heroine, Galactica! I have come to Earth to battle your villains and bring them to justice!"
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Flyby
HP: 0 LP: 1/2 (power stunts)
Condition: Normal

Flyby floats back down to the group, "Well the Furries yiffed off to god knows where, wouldn't be surprised if they're still in the area though." He looks down, noticing the cops, and puts his best smile on, "Hello officers! I'd suggest putting a an APB out for giant animals in baseball uniforms, but I have a feeling you're going to get some calls about that anyways."
Formerly luketheduke86
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule
Thorpocalypse wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:17 pm
Ken wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:42 pm He turned his attention back to Slyce, "He speaks français. This clean slate. Does this mean you're no longer combating the Agency?"

He is, of course, referring to the Agency that Slyce had been fighting, and whom Hercule had helped him penetrate said agency's Paris office.
"Oh, I am," Slyce replied trying to look as non-threatening as he could as the team conversed with the police. "They're going to pay for what they did to me and all the others they f'd over but I can't just dwell on the past, you know? Plus, with this gig, I get a chance to look like a hero to my kids for once."

"But I do have a lead on an Agency activity coming up soon..."
"If you would like an assist..." Hercule started to reply.
EpicEclipse wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:39 am"I am most certainly not a local!" she speaks loud and confidently. "I am the intergalactic wrestling heroine, Galactica! I have come to Earth to battle your villains and bring them to justice!"
".... I am here to help." Hercule finished. "Sait-elle que les caméras ne sont pas encore là?" he then said, mostly to himself. "I worry what the living incarnation of 'kayfabe' will be like when the reporters get here."
L-Space wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:23 pmFlyby looks down, noticing the cops, and puts his best smile on, "Hello officers! I'd suggest putting a an APB out for giant animals in baseball uniforms, but I have a feeling you're going to get some calls about that anyways."
"Do police in this country like being told how to do their jobs?" Hercule deadpanned quietly to Slyce.

Does she know that the cameras are not here yet?
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 2 Condition: Normal

"If anybody wants to swap into a costume before the media shows up, I guess now is the time," Harry considered the situation and decided against it.

His identity wasn't exactly a secret and there was little he could do to hide that now. He was also pretty sure it'd take him too long to get into his outfit, he was a little out of practice doing the quick change.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Semilla offered him his shield back when Harry talked about costumes, since he'd already been recognized anyway. The magic of the artifact was buzzing against the senses Seamus shared with her, not unpleasantly, mind you, but intense in it's own way.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

MUSTANG
HP-0 Condition-Fatigued

"you know,think i'll take Shield up on that Costume change.Be right back gang..." Todd hurries off to the nearest restroom and quickly get's changed for the press.Ounce he returns back to the group,Hendersen(the obvious super-fan) might recognize him as a "Local Talent"...
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

EpicEclipse wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:39 am Image
GALACTICA
0 :HP ο COND: Exhausted

Galactica pipes up from where she strikes a strong pose with Fist in a headlock and his newly added wooden restraints, her other arm flexed to show her own impressively toned arm muscles. "I am most certainly not a local!" she speaks loud and confidently. "I am the intergalactic wrestling heroine, Galactica! I have come to Earth to battle your villains and bring them to justice!"
She blinks twice.

"An alien gladiator, a French guy dressed like a Golden Age superhero, a Canadian legend, and a tree lady? You really ARE super-heroes."
When Flyby asserts that an APB would be a good idea, she adds "they already left another calling card out here, so we have cars in furs-- pursuit. They're a squirrelly bunch--" she pauses, groaning internally at the accidental pun, "so finding them won't be easy. But we've got some cars out looking for them. In the meantime, we'll have to get some cars and vans out here to load up these guys. Taking out the Weapon-Masters in a first showing? Not bad, guys." She smiles, as other police cars move in.

(OOC: Okay, so other cars will be showing up, as will the media. Maynard himself will arrive shortly, via helicopter. So say anything else that needs to be said, before things shift around a bit)
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Doctor Mercury fades out of sight again. "I'm not normally green, so I'll stay away from the cameras. No need to thank me. But enjoy your interview."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Semilla looks like 'enjoyment' was the last thing on her mind.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:53 am Semilla looks like 'enjoyment' was the last thing on her mind.
MUSTANG
HP- 0 Condition-Fatigued

Noticing Rosa's nervousness,Todd quietly poked Silver Witch and nodded his head in the Druid's direction.Motioning to his 'neighbor' a silent "i got it covered",the large crimefighter slide up near his new friend as he whispered to her
"....The first time i ever had to talk to the Press,i was 16-17 and just got done winning my first Super-Villian fight.I was just as full if nerves as you.The closer they came,the more jittery i got.Just as they asked their first questions,i realized something: If i could do what i did in that fight,then why should i be afraid of a couple of mikes and question?"
He reasuringly(and very gently) patted Semilla on the shoulder
"just remember,you not only have friends here that can&will help,but you won your first Hero fight that was a 100% worse than this ever could be..."