Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Jabroniville

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Jabroniville »

Psistrike wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:11 am Silver Witch

With an angry glare, Silver Witch storms over to Staff and lifts his head up so he can look her straight in the eye. "Sweet gig, sweet gig! You started a gang war and have put the lives of everyone in this city in danger. You should be thankful we are going to hand you over to the proper authorities because right now I'm in the mood to toss you lot out there and see how the Baseball Furries deal with you. Anyone dies because of them before this is over, it's on all of your heads and I will be coming to collect. Word of warning, I'm the nice one on this team."
"Hey lady, if you don't wanna play the game, then don't play! We've done worse all over the world! One of our arch-enemies is an honest-to-god REAL ninja assassin!" He speaks, of course, of Night Dragon, whom many have heard about, but not seen. "Who cares about gang wars? All these people are is a bunch of twerps! They don't get involved in REAL super-crime, like WE do! Only costumed goons like yourselves could hope to take us down!"
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:04 am
"Hey lady, if you don't wanna play the game, then don't play! We've done worse all over the world! One of our arch-enemies is an honest-to-god REAL ninja assassin!" He speaks, of course, of Night Dragon, whom many have heard about, but not seen.
"And somehow not one of you has been killed yet," Dr. Mercury observes. "Pity." She turns away. "Well, if we must talk to the police, I'll be back in a minute. Walking out with green skin and a tail would invite questions, and I don't like answering questions. Or talking. In general." The chameleon doctor takes a step at normal speed and then rushes into the basement door that reads "NOT METH LAB."

OOC: Maki will use the chemicals in the lab to reset her variable pool to its normal "default" configuration. Just a plain ol' human, nothing to see here.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 2 Condition: Normal

"Easy, Mustang," Harry says quietly, "We will deal with it. For now we need to keep our mind on what we can do right now."

"We need to keep these people under watch for the police. We're making this city safer one step at a time,"
He smiles at Mustang, "It might not feel like it right now, but this was a victory. And tomorrow we can take the next step."

He looks around speaking up, "Okay, lets try to look as non-threatening as possible for the cops. Everybody who's been a local hero might want to be front and center so they get the right idea."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Semilla makes the rounds, healing whoever might still need it, using clingers to shore up rents in costumes, and generally making the group presentable.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:21 am
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:04 am
"Hey lady, if you don't wanna play the game, then don't play! We've done worse all over the world! One of our arch-enemies is an honest-to-god REAL ninja assassin!" He speaks, of course, of Night Dragon, whom many have heard about, but not seen.
"And somehow not one of you has been killed yet," Dr. Mercury observes. "Pity." She turns away. "Well, if we must talk to the police, I'll be back in a minute. Walking out with green skin and a tail would invite questions, and I don't like answering questions. Or talking. In general." The chameleon doctor takes a step at normal speed and then rushes into the basement door that reads "NOT METH LAB."

OOC: Maki will use the chemicals in the lab to reset her variable pool to its normal "default" configuration. Just a plain ol' human, nothing to see here.
"Um, Doctor Mercury?" Maynard says over the communicator, "perhaps don't get caught gathering stuff from a Meth Lab when the cops are around?"
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

The lights and sirens of a police car are especially dramatic at this point, and the whole group can see only red and blue bathing the scene. A voice comes over the intercom: "THIS IS THE MEGA-CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT! PLEASE CEASE ALL SUPERHUMAN ACTIVITIES IMMEDIATELY AND MAKE YOURSELF KNOWN! I REPEAT- THIS IS THE POLICE!! BACK-UP HAS BEEN CALLED!"

Anyone looking outside can see only a pair of officers- a man and a woman- but more cars are arriving quickly.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

GALACTICA
0 :HP ο COND: Exhausted

Having been focused on keeping Fist in a firm headlock while the others control the rest of the scene and recover, Galactica was also silent when the hillbillie showed up injured and warned them about the Baseball Furries. From what was talked about earlier at the office and from Mustang and Witch's heated reactions to the news, Galactica recalls these were the ones that were extremely bad news, though having no experience with that group, she had nothing to add so remained silent for now. They still had to finish with the New Weapon Masters before borrowing more trouble.

When the police demand a ceasation of superhuman activities, she looks down at the ninja-garbed man under her arm then around at the others, she skin flushing slightly violent from the vibrant red it had been throughout the battle. "Is a headlock considered a superhuman activity on Earth?" she does however relax her kinetic field, the corona of soft, prismatic colors fading away.
Lowering the Kinetic Field, but maintaining her Enhanced Strength.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:25 am The lights and sirens of a police car are especially dramatic at this point, and the whole group can see only red and blue bathing the scene. A voice comes over the intercom: "THIS IS THE MEGA-CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT! PLEASE CEASE ALL SUPERHUMAN ACTIVITIES IMMEDIATELY AND MAKE YOURSELF KNOWN! I REPEAT- THIS IS THE POLICE!! BACK-UP HAS BEEN CALLED!"

Anyone looking outside can see only a pair of officers- a man and a woman- but more cars are arriving quickly.
MUSTANG
HP-0 Condition-Fatigued

Feeling much better after Shield's reassurance,Todd calmly goes out to meet the Cops as he says to Galactica's question
"TECHNICALLY it's considered 'Resisting Arrest',though that depends largely on the Officer's in Question..."
Turning towards said MCPD officers,Mustang very slowly ot out his Hero ID(he picked one up from a friend of his in the DMV) as he said
"Hey guy's.Boy,either you guy's were really close by or you got the short sheet to be first on-scene.Names Mustang,my friend here's Galactica.We currently represent a new hero group called The Victory League.We're currently trying to keep a possible Gang War from happening,so we kindof need to talk to one of your gang experts for a sec..."
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule

"Gracias," Hercule said to Semilla as she healed Skeeter. He had been certain the wound had been fatal. He was glad to be wrong.

He walked over to Xavion. "Slyce, it is good to see you." He extended his hand out. "Monsieur Maynard said nothing about recruiting you. But you are here parce que... sorry.... because he did?"
Mister / because
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

SLYCE

HP: 2; Condition: Fine

Slyce withdrew his claws once he heard the sirens. A black man in all black in the middle of night in a bad part of town with a bunch of people lying around bleeding was enough to make things...interesting with the police. Throw in him brandishing 18 inch steel blades on top of that? No way things don't go south in a heartbeat.

"What up, Pete?!?!?" he responded to the Frenchman smiling, clasping his hand in friendship. "Yeah, I needed clean slate and Maynard helped that happen. So now I get to play hero with you and this...diverse group of individuals."

He watched Mustang greet the cops. "Hey, Pete," he said with a chuckle. "Wanna bet on whether the Russian Bear over there gets us all arrested? We shoulda got the Old Timer over there first."
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:23 am "Um, Doctor Mercury?" Maynard says over the communicator, "perhaps don't get caught gathering stuff from a Meth Lab when the cops are around?"
Doctor Mercury sighs. "Mr. Maynard, this is a waste of perfectly good neurostimulants. As you are my employer, I will accept your decision, but when the police ask me why I didn't use the clearly available meth lab to make myself more presentable before meeting with them, I will direct their complaints to you."

She zips back up to the others before walking out of the barn at normal speed, joining Mustang. She nods to the two police officers.
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule
Thorpocalypse wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:58 pm "What up, Pete?!?!?" he responded to the Frenchman smiling, clasping his hand in friendship. "Yeah, I needed clean slate and Maynard helped that happen. So now I get to play hero with you and this...diverse group of individuals."

He watched Mustang greet the cops. "Hey, Pete," he said with a chuckle. "Wanna bet on whether the Russian Bear over there gets us all arrested? We shoulda got the Old Timer over there first."
"The Bear Russe is un local. Lives in an immigrant Russe neighborhood. Still..." The Parisian powerhouse tunred towards Shield, "'Ey Bouciler! Voulez-vous sauvegarder Mustang?"

He turned his attention back to Slyce, "He speaks français. This clean slate. Does this mean you're no longer combating the Agency?"

He is, of course, referring to the Agency that Slyce had been fighting, and whom Hercule had helped him penetrate said agency's Paris office.
Russian / a / Russian / Shield! Do you want to back-up Mustang? / French
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

EpicEclipse wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:59 am When the police demand a ceasation of superhuman activities, she looks down at the ninja-garbed man under her arm then around at the others, she skin flushing slightly violent from the vibrant red it had been throughout the battle. "Is a headlock considered a superhuman activity on Earth?" she does however relax her kinetic field, the corona of soft, prismatic colors fading away.
Lowering the Kinetic Field, but maintaining her Enhanced Strength.
Semilla gestures and mutters and stocks grow perfectly mirroring the wrestler's hold, freeing her from holding duty.

Semilla will do the same for any other members of the New Weapon Masters.

She'll join the others outside but stick to the back.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

MacynSnow wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:19 am
Jabroniville wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:25 am The lights and sirens of a police car are especially dramatic at this point, and the whole group can see only red and blue bathing the scene. A voice comes over the intercom: "THIS IS THE MEGA-CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT! PLEASE CEASE ALL SUPERHUMAN ACTIVITIES IMMEDIATELY AND MAKE YOURSELF KNOWN! I REPEAT- THIS IS THE POLICE!! BACK-UP HAS BEEN CALLED!"

MUSTANG
HP-0 Condition-Fatigued

Feeling much better after Shield's reassurance,Todd calmly goes out to meet the Cops as he says to Galactica's question
"TECHNICALLY it's considered 'Resisting Arrest',though that depends largely on the Officer's in Question..."
Turning towards said MCPD officers,Mustang very slowly ot out his Hero ID(he picked one up from a friend of his in the DMV) as he said
"Hey guy's.Boy,either you guy's were really close by or you got the short sheet to be first on-scene.Names Mustang,my friend here's Galactica.We currently represent a new hero group called The Victory League.We're currently trying to keep a possible Gang War from happening,so we kindof need to talk to one of your gang experts for a sec..."
"V-Victory League?" says the woman. "Are you new? We're pretty well-versed with the superhuman community of Mega-City."

"Gang experts? What gang activity is going on here, and how are you guys involved?" says the man.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

MUSTANG
HP-0 Condition-Fatigued

Laughing a little,Todd replied to the Female Officer's question first
"me or the group? I'm not so much 'new' as temporarily out-of costume(long story,you REALLY don't want to know...).As for the League?yep,we're newly formed as an 'off-branch' you might say of HuMayne Enterprise.Fell free to place your bet's for how long you think we'll last,just make sure the Winner gives it to charity...."

Turning his attention to the dude,Mustang say's
"As for your question my man,we caught wind that the Ninjas had forced The Hillbillies out of their territory.The fact that both groups were as far from being Neighbor's as you could get got our Curiosity going,so we decided to do some digging to find out what was really going on.Turned out it was a crew calling themselves The Weapon Masters that JUST so happened to Look like Ninjas who did it.The League as a whole decided to take 'em out so the Status Quo wouldn't spiral out into a Gang War like it almost did last year.Just before you guy's got here,though, The Baseball Furries threw themselves into this by declaring it Their territory now.Hense,why we need to talk to one of your gang experts.To double-check weither it's the 'Real Deal' or not.You know,'Ounce Bit,Twice Shy' and all that......"