Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
RainOnTheSun

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:16 am Mako makes an All-Out Attack at Dr. Mercury, but misses (9 + 8), getting increasingly frustrated. Manta Ray, meanwhile, manages to tag Blue Shark, as his Boomer-Ray hits her square in the nose. It apparently does more emotional damage than physical, as a slight nosebleed and a REALLY angry noise are all he gets in response (She's Bruised -2 now).

Your turn again! And this time, I remembered to have Blue Shark reply to you :)!
OOC: Ah, I hate to say it, but with the defense penalty she has for All-Out Attack that's just barely enough to tag her.
Toughness vs Mako: 1d20+9 17 I think that's a wound mark and a Dazed?
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:48 pm
Toughness: 1d20+20 39 Ack. That was supposed to +10 for 29.
The robot’s blow glances off the dense bark covering the Druid neophyte.

This time Semilla doesn’t hesitate to have the seeds try to grow their way into the attacking automaton’s (Sunfish) joint and tear it asunder from the inside.
Floral Erosion +11 (+7 Ranged Weaken & Damage, DC 17 & 22). Strong stance -2 to hit +2 DCs
Attack: 1d20+9 28

So DC 19 weaken toughness. Then DC 24 damage
(18 to save the first... ouch. Then 2 for the second. Um... 2 + 8 -1 Bruised = 9)

The plants and vines do their work- the Sunfish-bot struggles and wretches unnaturally, squawks out some protestations, and then ruptures from the inside-out, creating a mess of sparks and wires as its limbs and head fall off- the entire mess collapses in a heap.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

catsi563 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:04 pm Halcyon
HP: 1; Condition: Foxy lady

Halcyon meanwhile was doing what she did best in the middle of the chaos, namely causing more of it. She ran up behind Sunfish and landed on her shoulders and then used them as a springboard to jump off and backflip a couple times before mockingly waving and laughing at the fembot. Then at the last second she made to duck Sunfishes violent response insuring that the damaged Barracuda took the brunt of the attack.

Halcyon will use the trick option of deception her deception roll Roll(1d20)+14: 19,+14 Total:33 -5 for doing it as a move action for a 28 against Sunfish to trick her into blasting Barracuda

Shell be using the defend action for the round
(You're 19 in the Intiative Order- you have to wait for the other characters. Also, Sunfish exploded now, lol)
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:06 am
Jabroniville wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:16 am Mako makes an All-Out Attack at Dr. Mercury, but misses (9 + 8), getting increasingly frustrated. Manta Ray, meanwhile, manages to tag Blue Shark, as his Boomer-Ray hits her square in the nose. It apparently does more emotional damage than physical, as a slight nosebleed and a REALLY angry noise are all he gets in response (She's Bruised -2 now).

Your turn again! And this time, I remembered to have Blue Shark reply to you :)!
OOC: Ah, I hate to say it, but with the defense penalty she has for All-Out Attack that's just barely enough to tag her.
Toughness vs Mako: 1d20+9 17 I think that's a wound mark and a Dazed?

oops- I was looking for modifications, but missed that one. Yep, that's a Bruised. At least they've done SOMETHING. These guys were looking pretty pathetic, lol.

"THAT'S IT! We're squashing you two, right now!" Blue Shark hollers. An all-out leaping attack on Manta Ray unfortunately misses (even with 21 to hit), as he leaps above her. Mako, smirking at the damage he's caused with his attack, attempts another of equal ferocity by biting at Doctor Mercury's shoulder... but misses horribly (2).

"Hm, I don't believe we've met" Manta Ray says to Mercury. "Who might you be? I know there's a lot of metas in town, so it's hard to keep track. I'm not from this neck of the woods". With his own attack, he scores a direct hit with an unarmed kick straight to Blue Shark's face (28 to hit), staggering the super-durable villainess once more (9 + 8 -2 Bruised = 15 vs 19; she's Bruised again).
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Alright, finally got two days off in a row from work. That makes it much easier to find the energy to do all this. As a reminder, this is the Initiative Order:

Flyby: 25 (Bruised -1)
Slyce: 25 (Fatigued)
Dogfish: 23
Silver Witch: 21 (Bruised -1, Dazed till Round 3 ends)
Hercule: 20 (Dazed, -1)
Knifefish: 19
Halcyon: 19
Helix: 19
The Shield: 18
Blue Shark: 18 (Dazed, Defenseless, Immobile & Disabled, Bruised -3)
Sawfish: 16 (Vulnerable & Impaired)
Bull Shark: 15
Semilla: 9
Mustang: 6
Barracuda: 1 (Dazed & Staggered, Bruised -3, Vulnerable & Impaired)

Blown Up: Triggerfish, Thresher Shark, Whale Shark, Sunfish

(Hercule, you still have to make a Toughness Check against Blue Shark-Bot's attack. I forgot to give you the save DC, though- it's DC 25)

Ergo...

Mustang, angered by the attacks going on upon the staggered Hercule (as he's taken the most visible damage), rushes to his teammates' defense with a roar. "Nobody double-teams my friend! Hercule may be small, but he's got guts! More than you douchebags and your CYBER-guts!!", he bull-rushes Blue Shark-Bot, and actually hits her- doing a small amount of damage (only 14 to hit, but she's Defenseless; loses a bit of damage, so she's Bruised again).

Barracuda-Bot swings its sword-arm at Halcyon, trying to execute what it registers as the most vulnerable of the hero team. Unfortunately, its clumsy attack misses (17 to hit).

Flyby, still injured, also takes a shot at Blue Shark-Bot, but misses.

Slyce's turn!
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

SLYCE

HP: 1; Condition: Fatigued; Initiative: 25
Jabroniville wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:05 am Slyce's turn now!
OOC: On it, boss! :)

Let's deal with that DC23 TC from Sawfish first. Toughness Check: 1d20+8 25
Sawfish's strike was on point, but the Healing Homie (workshopping that to see if it catches on like Deadpool being the Regeneratin' Degenerate 8-)), got a claw down to block most of the impact, allowing his healing factor to take care of the damage immediately.

"Man, you are workin' my LAST good nerve!" Slyce said unleashing a furious claw strike at the robot's head.
Going All-Out Attack 3 at Sawfish: 1d20+14 18

Not what I had hoped for but it should be enough to hit. I think that's only a first degree success so it's just a DC22 Toughness check.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Doctor Mercury
HP: 2
Condition: -1 Toughness, regen in four rounds
Jabroniville wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:58 am "Hm, I don't believe we've met" Manta Ray says to Mercury. "Who might you be? I know there's a lot of metas in town, so it's hard to keep track. I'm not from this neck of the woods". With his own attack, he scores a direct hit with an unarmed kick straight to Blue Shark's face (28 to hit), staggering the super-durable villainess once more (9 + 8 -2 Bruised = 15 vs 19; she's Bruised again).
Attacking Mako 1: 1d20+9 29
Crit! That's a DC 29 toughness.
Makiko Wintour," Doctor Mercury says. She stops Mako's bite by grabbing his head with both hands, strains to hold him for a second, and forces down his head while bringing her knee up into his jaw, hard. "MD, PhD."
I never actually took my turn last round, so here's another attack:
Attacking Mako 2: 1d20+9 13
Oh well.
She tries to slam him into the pavement after she's done. "And far from being puny, I'll have you know I am a masterpiece of modern medicine!"
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule
HP: 2 Luck: 1 Condition: Dazed (-1) Initiative: 20 Round Counter: 4
Jabroniville wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:26 am The Agent-Bots make their attacks once more. The Blue Shark-Bot, incredibly weakened by the attacks, swings at Hercule with a Power Attack double-axehandle blow, but the multiple afflictions befouling it cause it to only barely hit (15 -2 -5 + 8 = 16; I thought that was a miss, but your defenses are lower than I thought- it's right on the money). (DC 25)
1d20+12: 21 [1d20=9]

The blade struck Adrien in the left shoulder. It stung and left a red mark.

[OOC: I'll be glad when the U.S. tax season is done]
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:10 pm SLYCE

HP: 1; Condition: Fatigued; Initiative: 25
Jabroniville wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:05 am Slyce's turn now!
OOC: On it, boss! :)

Let's deal with that DC23 TC from Sawfish first. Toughness Check: 1d20+8 25
Sawfish's strike was on point, but the Healing Homie (workshopping that to see if it catches on like Deadpool being the Regeneratin' Degenerate 8-)), got a claw down to block most of the impact, allowing his healing factor to take care of the damage immediately.

"Man, you are workin' my LAST good nerve!" Slyce said unleashing a furious claw strike at the robot's head.
Going All-Out Attack 3 at Sawfish: 1d20+14 18

Not what I had hoped for but it should be enough to hit. I think that's only a first degree success so it's just a DC22 Toughness check.
(Actually rolled well enough- a 15! That adds up to 23, so no damage)

Slyce's claws deflect off of the robot's surface, doing only a bit of paint/exterior damage.

Dogfish will spend his turns attempting to move up somehow, after recovering from being thrown through the deck. He's largely out of the fight for now.

Silver Witch and Hercule's turns now!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:30 am Doctor Mercury
Condition: -1 Toughness, regen in four rounds
Jabroniville wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:58 am "Hm, I don't believe we've met" Manta Ray says to Mercury. "Who might you be? I know there's a lot of metas in town, so it's hard to keep track. I'm not from this neck of the woods". With his own attack, he scores a direct hit with an unarmed kick straight to Blue Shark's face (28 to hit), staggering the super-durable villainess once more (9 + 8 -2 Bruised = 15 vs 19; she's Bruised again).
Attacking Mako 1: 1d20+9 29
Crit! That's a DC 29 toughness.
Makiko Wintour," Doctor Mercury says. She stops Mako's bite by grabbing his head with both hands, strains to hold him for a second, and forces down his head while bringing her knee up into his jaw, hard. "MD, PhD."
I never actually took my turn last round, so here's another attack:
Attacking Mako 2: 1d20+9 13
Oh well.
She tries to slam him into the pavement after she's done. "And far from being puny, I'll have you know I am a masterpiece of modern medicine!"
"PHD? More like D.E.D.!" Mako, never one with good banter, attempts a bite... but gets smashed by the attack (11 +8-2= 17 vs 29, so Staggered), being knocked dizzy and thrown for a loop. His counterattack is woefully inadequate and fails to even come close (4).

Blue Shark, angered and the inconvenience and recognizing that they're not making much headway, attempts an All-Out Attack, charging Dr. Mercury with a swinging roundhouse "Superman Punch" right to the chin (13 + 2 + 8= 23 to hit! Should be DC 23 Damage). Manta Ray, meanwhile, senses a damaged opponent, and clotheslines Mako right out of his boots (17 to hit, DC 19). The villain fumbles badly (7 -3 +8), completely unprepared for the attack, and is again slammed down to the ground (-4 now, Dazed & Staggered).

"Gah!" Mako shouts, scrambling around on the ground. "Heroes... from... all sides..." he mutters, struggling to get to his feet.

"You set them up; I'll knock them down." Manta Ray says, grimly. "I don't normally work in a duo, but I think I can make an exception for these two".

Your turn!
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Silver Witch
HP: 1 LP: 1
Condition: -1 Toughness

"Hope you don't mind me cutting in on your dance, Slyce. This tin can seems a bit more sturdy than the others." Twin blue energy blasters appear in Silver Witch's hands as she unleashes a barrage of energy bolts upon the Sawfish-bot.

OOC: Attack roll with Silver Energy Blast on Sawfish: Attack roll: 1d20+8 25 DC 24 with Multiattack, +2 DC if that hit by 2 degrees.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Psistrike wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:20 pm Silver Witch
HP: 1 LP: 1
Condition: -1 Toughness

"Hope you don't mind me cutting in on your dance, Slyce. This tin can seems a bit more sturdy than the others." Twin blue energy blasters appear in Silver Witch's hands as she unleashes a barrage of energy bolts upon the Sawfish-bot.

OOC: Attack roll with Silver Energy Blast on Sawfish: Attack roll: 1d20+8 25 DC 24 with Multiattack, +2 DC if that hit by 2 degrees.
Sawfish, previously uninjured, is quite resistant, but is struck repeatedly by the Blasts (15 + 8 vs 26), being only lightly damaged (Bruised).

Herc's turn!
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Doctor Mercury
Condition: -2 toughness, regen in three rounds

Doctor Mercury counterpunches Blue Shark in the face at the same time that her enemy's strike lands, although she reels back afterwards. She rubs her face. "Hmm. Definitely more than would be expected from limb length and muscle mass alone. Your 'science-dudes' were not completely incompetent."

The doctor takes off her laboratory coat. "However, you don't seem to take me seriously yet."
Toughness vs Blue Shark: 1d20+8 19
Attacking Blue Shark: 1d20+9 22
That's another -1 to toughness for Makiko, and a DC 24 toughness save for Blue Shark.
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule
HP: 2 Luck: 1 Condition: -2 Initiative: 20 Round Counter: 5

Adrien was annoyed with the Blue Shark-bot. Sadly, that annoyance led to a wild swing, missing the android. (Attacking Blue Shark w/3 pts. of Power Attack)

1d20+5: 7 [1d20=2]
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Knifefish-Bot moves in on The Shield after he struck her, but she misses, badly (1).

Halcyon & Helix's turn!! Then The Shield & Blue Shark-Bot!