Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Ken

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule
HP: 2 Luck: 1 Condition: DAZED (-1) Initiative: 20 Round Counter: 3
catsi563 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:43 pmFinally seeing an opportunity Reynard leapt down and landed on Blues Shoulders where she used her bodyweight and momentum to yank the bot off its feet and get him off Hercules back while landing it on its head, then she tumbled backwards out of reach

"Non non monsieur, no biting s'il vous plait."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:23 pm Seeing Reyna finally make rather flashy appearance [Slyce] shouted to her, "A Frankensteiner?!?!? Awesome." Then he turned to the big Russian. "Hey, Mustang, she's doing better wrestling than you! I thought you were the suplex master!" He then smirked and prepared to launch a counter attack at the Sunfish robot.
As the Blue Shark robot loosened its grip, Adrien listened to Slyce.

('Dibs'? 'Franken Steiner'? 'Suplex'? Et Clara Cosmique s'est plaint de la façon dont je parle.)O0o. he thought.
<And Kosmic K'lara whined about the way I talk.>
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:47 am Two many of their opponents still had full agency and Thresher's attack were more an annoyance than threat. Semilla concentrated on the vines entangling and partially entangling their opponents and they sprang to renewed life.

"Entangle" Ymyrryd Affliction 9 (Dodge/Strength; Hindered, Vulnerable & Impaired/Immobilized, Defenseless & Disabled) (Feats: Reversible) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Shapeable, Cumulative, Extra Condition +2) (Flaws: Limited Degree)
Dodge DC 19, any with the first degree that are hit suffer the second degree plus any unentangled foes she can capture in the range.
(Hm, okay- the enemies are engaged in melee conflict will be trickier to hit, but a handful are still there)

Knifefish: Strong enough to fend off the vines- 21)
Blue Shark: Avoids most of the vines (DC 19), but STILL gets struck (11 vs 19, so an extra degree- now Immobilized, Defenseless & Disabled)
Sawfish: Vulnerable & Impaired (17)
Thresher Shark: (OMG, rolled a 1... oh wait, he was already totally stuck and can't get RE-stuck. Never mind)

Not bad!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

catsi563 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:43 pm Halcyon
HP: 1; Condition: Foxy lady

Finally seeing an opportunity Reynard leapt down and landed on Blues Shoulders where she used her bodyweight and momentum to yank the bot off its feet and get him off Hercules back while landing it on its head, then she tumbled backwards out of reach

"Non non monsieur, no biting s'il vous plait."

halcyon will officially join the action by suprising blue with a frankensteiner

her attack roll 1d20+1211+12 = 23 should hit

Her acrobatics check 1d20+1019+10 = 29 versus his acrobatics thanks to improved trip

Her initiative was rolled earlier as 19
"Who is this?" Blue Shark says, surprised to be struck. "Unknown superhuman prese--", but is smashed into the ground, cracking part of the upper shell (16 for toughness- Bruised)

(Your init is still behind that of Mustang and some of the others, but we'll do this here for now. Everyone leave Blue alone so Halcyon can fight :))
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

(Alright, here we go for the other moves)

Mustang mocks offense at Slyce's suggestion: "HOW DARE YOU! I will take one of these fool-o-bots to Suplex City! THEN we'll see who the superior wrestler is! Looks like it's your turn, Sword Robot!"

Mustang charges the vulnerable Barracuda, just HAMMERING it with a double-axe-handle (Power Attack -2 still hits a Vulnerable target), immediately grabbing it afterwards as sparks fly from the wound and the robot thrashes about (14 Toughness vs DC 27- almost KO'd).

Flyby is next, and strikes Knifefish, but does no damage (NOW I roll a 20 for Toughness).

Slyce's turn!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:27 am Doctor Mercury
Jabroniville wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:48 am Also, Doctor Mercury will notice, during the course of her research into creating the Gill Pills, that the enhanced physiologies of Mustang and Le Petit Hercule will create some stalls in the process. Nothing that can't be surpassed, but it's quite different.
Tsk. Frustrating.

Makiko looks over their medical files and frowns. So many paths to physical reinforcement, and all of them just different enough from each other to foul the whole thing up. More data required. She makes a mental note to bring a syringe to get a blood sample from this Blue Shark woman.
"Doctor Mercury! We need you!" Maynard shouts from the door of her laboratory. "I know you're working on these pills, but there's something going on nearby! We've got reports of the hero Manta Ray fighting Blue Shark and Mako of the Agents of Aquarius! Since the rest of the team is occupied, we need you out there to help!"
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Doctor Mercury
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:25 am "Doctor Mercury! We need you!" Maynard shouts from the door of her laboratory. "I know you're working on these pills, but there's something going on nearby! We've got reports of the hero Manta Ray fighting Blue Shark and Mako of the Agents of Aquarius! Since the rest of the team is occupied, we need you out there to help!"
"Hubert! Why, I haven't talked to you in..." Makiko looks at a clock on the wall and frowns. "In roughly an hour. It seems like longer... my perception of time can be a bit eccentric, I suppose... anyway! Samples, you say! I'll be right there to collect them! And also to help the Manta Ray, of course, I'm sure he is very nice."

Doctor Mercury zips out the door and down the hall in a blur of movement. Then she comes back a split-second later. "Hubert, they are not pills, they are chewable vitamins. Very delicious. Much less threatening for people unaccustomed to groundbreaking medical technique." And she's gone again. And then she's back a second later. "I will also need an address, please." And then she's gone again!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:02 pm Doctor Mercury
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:25 am "Doctor Mercury! We need you!" Maynard shouts from the door of her laboratory. "I know you're working on these pills, but there's something going on nearby! We've got reports of the hero Manta Ray fighting Blue Shark and Mako of the Agents of Aquarius! Since the rest of the team is occupied, we need you out there to help!"
"Hubert! Why, I haven't talked to you in..." Makiko looks at a clock on the wall and frowns. "In roughly an hour. It seems like longer... my perception of time can be a bit eccentric, I suppose... anyway! Samples, you say! I'll be right there to collect them! And also to help the Manta Ray, of course, I'm sure he is very nice."

Doctor Mercury zips out the door and down the hall in a blur of movement. Then she comes back a split-second later. "Hubert, they are not pills, they are chewable vitamins. Very delicious. Much less threatening for people unaccustomed to groundbreaking medical technique." And she's gone again. And then she's back a second later. "I will also need an address, please." And then she's gone again!
With the instructions given, you come across the scene, going from the alleyway to the street- the hero Manta Ray, in his white costume with a black cowl, is deftly avoiding the blows of the slower, more savage fighters. Mako is a blue shark-man, while Blue Shark is a tall, athletic-looking woman in a powder-blue outfit.

Mako snarls while missing with a right hand. "Stay STILL, hero! You're only delaying us squashing you!"
Blue Shark holds back, adding "Mako's right! You thought you could snoop around the bars and gather up info? Here's your information: Join us or DIE!"
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Initiative: 1d20+2 21
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

SLYCE

HP: 1; Condition: Fatigued; Initiative: 25

I need to follow my own advice and start working with my teammates.

Slyce broke off from Sunfish and moved in on the entangled Sawfish and Thresher Shark. He was a blur of slashing claws as he tried to decapitate the robotic villains.
Unless I can't get them with my 60 ft of movement, I'm going to use the "spray" of Multiattack to hit two of the entangled robots.Power Attacks 2 on Thresher Shark and Sawfish with Multiattack: 2#1d20+7 23 19

That should do it since Sawfish should be at half defense and Thresher is Defenseless. DC24 for Sawfish, DC29 for Thresher since all attacks against him are crits.
"Semilla, you keep 'em bound, I'll take 'em down!" He said to the shy tree girl as his claws tore into the robots' shells.

"And Herc, I love the way you talk!" he yelled to the French strongman. "Just keep punching robot heads off while you talk and I'll love it even more!"
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:45 am SLYCE

HP: 1; Condition: Fatigued; Initiative: 25

I need to follow my own advice and start working with my teammates.

Slyce broke off from Sunfish and moved in on the entangled Sawfish and Thresher Shark. He was a blur of slashing claws as he tried to decapitate the robotic villains.
Unless I can't get them with my 60 ft of movement, I'm going to use the "spray" of Multiattack to hit two of the entangled robots.Power Attacks 2 on Thresher Shark and Sawfish with Multiattack: 2#1d20+7 23 19

That should do it since Sawfish should be at half defense and Thresher is Defenseless. DC24 for Sawfish, DC29 for Thresher since all attacks against him are crits.
"Semilla, you keep 'em bound, I'll take 'em down!" He said to the shy tree girl as his claws tore into the robots' shells.

"And Herc, I love the way you talk!" he yelled to the French strongman. "Just keep punching robot heads off while you talk and I'll love it even more!"
(Sawfish saves- barely- with a 24 total. Thresher Shark, however, rolled a "2")

Sawfish's iron shell deflects most of Slyce's claws, but Thresher Shark is brutally impaled, then shredded from the inside out, spraying sparks and hot shards of metal everywhere. The "Thresher" whip merely flops around on the ground, spasming with mechanical bursts of energy.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

With Thresher Shark destroyed and Blue Shark busy, Dogfish, still held aloft, attempts to lash out at someone on deck, but his shot against the injured Hercule misses (7).

It's Silver Witch, Hercule & Helix's turn, now. Halcyon's attack goes off at this time.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:27 am
Initiative: 1d20+2 21
With Doctor Mercury's arrival, the combat continues, but everyone is distracted by her arrival.

"Who's the sexy librarian?" Mako shouts, missing Manta Ray with his claws.
"Sexy librarian, huh? Not my type" grumbles Blue Shark, whose uppercut also misses. "She'd better be good if she's going to take on MY enhanced muscles!" You will recall that she's the survivor of a group of people using a super-steroid- something that usually doesn't work quite so well.
"Who are you?" Manta Ray asks. "You'd better be on MY side, because I can't dodge these two all day, and I might run out of gear" he says, kicking Mako in the chest, but doing little appreciable damage. He prepares one of his "Boomer-Rays"- gimmicked weapons, in response.

Initiatives:

Doctor Mercury: 21
Blue Shark: 21
Manta Ray: 13
Mako: 12

Dr. Mercury moves first, then the others go.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Doctor Mercury
HP: 1
Condition: Fine
Jabroniville wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:08 am With Doctor Mercury's arrival, the combat continues, but everyone is distracted by her arrival.

"Sexy librarian, huh? Not my type" grumbles Blue Shark, whose uppercut also misses. "She'd better be good if she's going to take on MY enhanced muscles!" You will recall that she's the survivor of a group of people using a super-steroid- something that usually doesn't work quite so well.
"Who are you?" Manta Ray asks. "You'd better be on MY side, because I can't dodge these two all day, and I might run out of gear" he says, kicking Mako in the chest, but doing little appreciable damage. He prepares one of his "Boomer-Rays"- gimmicked weapons, in response.
Doctor Mercury adjusts her glasses as she studies the trio briefly. She's pleased to recognize Blue Shark.

"Actually, darling, I would like to discuss those enhanced muscles with you. Your magic sharkman, on the other hand..."

And she jumps into the air and tries to stomp on his head. "Minimal research value!"
Attacking Mako: 1d20+9 19
DC 24 toughness if that hits.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:17 pm Doctor Mercury
HP: 1
Condition: Fine
Jabroniville wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:08 am With Doctor Mercury's arrival, the combat continues, but everyone is distracted by her arrival.

Doctor Mercury adjusts her glasses as she studies the trio briefly. She's pleased to recognize Blue Shark.

"Actually, darling, I would like to discuss those enhanced muscles with you. Your magic sharkman, on the other hand..."

And she jumps into the air and tries to stomp on his head. "Minimal research value!"
Attacking Mako: 1d20+9 19
DC 24 toughness if that hits.
(Lol, rolled a 3, take a Hero Point)

(Toughness: 15 + 8 = Bruised)

"Gah!!!" Mako yelps out, surprised. "She's got super-strength! We'll have to use full power!"

"Izzat so?" Blue Shark smirks. "Well, looks like this just got more interesting!" She cracks her knuckles and dives in. "What was that about these muscles, nerd?" however, her attack misses.

Manta Ray, watching attempts his own attack, but it's blocked by Mako, still recovering from the stomp (jesus, I can't even roll well to hit MYSELF). Mako's own counter to Dr. Mercury misses as well. Dr. Mercury's turn again!
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Doctor Mercury
HP: 2
Condition: 2-point Defensive Attack, Dodge and Parry +11

Doctor Mercury weaves between attacks, using raw speed more than any actual skill, and throws a punch at Mako. "I understand--tsk, hold still--I understand you received a chemical enhancement," she says to Blue Shark. "These usually fail spectacularly, but I see you haven't exploded or melted yet."

2-point Defensive Attack on Mako: 1d20+7 14