Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Jabroniville

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Jabroniville »

Hawk wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:42 pm HELIX

HP: 1

A virtual train of Police vehicle's with lights on and sirens blaring catches the Apache superhero' s attention. "Well, what do we have here? Apparently there's a party going on. It's fortunate that I am dressed for the occasion. I'll just tag along in case they need my help." Helix alters his flight to follow the cars to their destination.
(LOL, I rolled a 19 for your Init, so you have 26. Of course I roll well when doing it for OTHERS. You can start as of the next round. We're still partway through this one)
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Initiative Order Remaining:
Knifefish: 19
The Shield: 18
Blue Shark: 18 (Vulnerable & Impaired)
Sawfish: 16
Sunfish: 15
Triggerfish: xxx (BLOWN UP)
Thresher Shark: 9 (Immobilized, Defenseless & Disabled)
Semilla: 9
Mustang: 6
Whale Shark: 6 (Bruised -1) (Vulnerable & Impaired)
Barracuda: 1 (Vulnerable & Impaired)

Knifefish realizes that Silver Witch is perhaps the most dangerous threat, being able to fire at the "Agents" from above. Ordinarily, Knifefish would start using throwing knives... but of course, the ACTUAL Knifefish can't do THIS:

(Leaping-assisted Attack, reaching Silver Witch, 12 + 8 =20 for DC 23 Damage)

A full-force punch, assisted by the jump of hydraulic legs, strikes Silver Witch's Force Field dead-on. She immediately starts a "grapple" as well.

Blue Shark, meanwhile, struggles against the branch-like bonds of Ymyrryd (Vulnerable & Impaired), failing to hit Hercule (6 + 8 -2 for Impaired).

The Shield is next, as well as Slyce, when Thorp is ready to quit "holding" his action.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 2 Condition: Normal

Harry considers Knifefish, but he wasn't sure he'd be able to hit them that high up, and switches to another target.

"Silver, you need ranged support?" Harry asks into the comms as he charges across the floor, attempting to slam his shield into Blue Shark.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Silver Witch
HP: 1 LP: 1
Condition: -1 Toughness, Dazed [1 round]

Seeing Knifefish Silver Witch braces for impact, not thinking a punch of this strength could penetrate her force field. Until the blow left her seeing little birdies flying around her head and smarts. "Yes, Shield, ranged support would be much appreciated. This Knifefish robot hits a lot harder than I expected."

OOC: Toughness check: Toughness check: 1d20+11 17 Dodge check against the grapple: Dodge check: 1d20+7 17
Last edited by Psistrike on Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

SLYCE

HP: 2; Condition: Fine; Initiative: 25

OK, we're fighting fish-themed supervillain robots... Slyce thinks to himself. Well...I wanted to be a superhero. I guess this sort of weirdness comes with the territory....

OK, first things first...

"Herc, I'll explain 'dibs' after we whoop their robotic asses!" Slyce shouted to the musclebound Frenchman.

Then he refocused his attention on Sawfish. He took a sweeping slash, but...
Going All-Out Attack 3 at Sawfish: 1d20+14 17

Wow. Some claw wielding bad ass I am...I am sorry sensei Logan... :(
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Arkrite wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:31 pm The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 2 Condition: Normal

Harry considers Knifefish, but he wasn't sure he'd be able to hit them that high up, and switches to another target.

"Silver, you need ranged support?" Harry asks into the comms as he charges across the floor, attempting to slam his shield into Blue Shark.
(LOL, that's actually enough to hit- the active defenses- 8 in this case, are halved, so that's right on the nose. I rolled a 17 for Toughness, so she barely saves at 25)

The Shield's might attack hits home just barely, but the robot's metal hide deflects the impact.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

The robots begin a counterattack, moving awkwardly, but in uniform:

Blue Shark strikes back at The Shield, but misses (18 -2)

Sawtooth decides to join in at lashing out on the Silver Witch, leaping dozens of feet in order to do so... but badly misses while she's struggling against her opponent, tumbling into the ocean (3).

Sunfish, still not blasting or anything, strikes out at Slyce once more, actually landing a hit! (19 + 8 = 27, DC 23 damage)- a big uppercut rocking the healing hero.

Bull Shark (Lol I wrote "Sawtooth" and "Sawfish", even though there's only one guy with "Saw" in his name. it was supposed to be Bull Shark) takes a shot at Hercule, hitting the hero with a shot to the jaw (16 + 8, DC 23 damage).

Thresher Shark is the most badly-tangled of the robots, completely defenseless. However, the length of its whip-like appendage allows it to lash out with considerable reach. But disabled so, it misses Semilla (11 + 8 - 5).

(Semilla is next, followed by Mustang & Whale Shark)
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Semilla

As Semilla ducks under the restrain Thresher's strike she's muttering to herself "Fine, it they're robots then I guess it isn't that bad."

She flings her hand out scattering thousands of tiny black seeds all over the area around the restrained robot with one hand while the other flings a ball of greenish life energy which only barely hits because he is tightly bound.
Floral Attack: Toughness check: 1d20+11 17 Dodge check against the grapple: Dodge check: 1d20+11 12
The tiny black seeds that lodged themselves in the cracks and joints of the robot's exterior soak up the green life energy and grow, seeking to send roots and sunlight-seeking stems out.
[An affects Objects Weaken(Toughness) pr 7 (so I think a DC17 toughness check), then DC22 Toughness Check vs. damage]
For a visual, this would turn him briefly into a Thresher-shaped Chia pet sprouting flowers.

Also, everyone affected by the snare would get a Dodge save DC 19 to shake off conditions at the end of Semilla's turn.
That's why it's best to hit afflicted opponents first, tactically.
"Something pithy this way comes."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Halcyon
HP: 1; Condition: Foxy lady

"Hmm tough nut to crack but I can work on that later." she thought to herself.

"Stay here you should be safe barring one of them getting hungry." she snarked playfully as she slipped out of the room and made her way to the deck where she watched the fight unfold and looked for a target of opportunity.

make a move up to the deck concealed and wait for a chance to do what she does well, Shoot someone in the back ;)

her initiative was 19 for when she finally engages
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule
HP: 2 Luck: Condition: bien Initiative: 20 Round Counter: 2
Jabroniville wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:09 pm The robots begin a counterattack, moving awkwardly, but in uniform:

Bull Shark takes a shot at Hercule, hitting the hero with a shot to the jaw (16 + 8, DC 23 damage).
1d20+12: 26 [1d20=14]

The blow has no particular effect on le Petit Hercule. "D'accord. Vous êtes comme ça." he says, again not bothering to translate for the robots' benefit. (<All right. Be like that.>)
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:13 pm Semilla

As Semilla ducks under the restrain Thresher's strike she's muttering to herself "Fine, it they're robots then I guess it isn't that bad."

She flings her hand out scattering thousands of tiny black seeds all over the area around the restrained robot with one hand while the other flings a ball of greenish life energy which only barely hits because he is tightly bound.
Floral Attack: Toughness check: 1d20+11 17 Dodge check against the grapple: Dodge check: 1d20+11 12
The tiny black seeds that lodged themselves in the cracks and joints of the robot's exterior soak up the green life energy and grow, seeking to send roots and sunlight-seeking stems out.
[An affects Objects Weaken(Toughness) pr 7 (so I think a DC17 toughness check), then DC22 Toughness Check vs. damage]
For a visual, this would turn him briefly into a Thresher-shaped Chia pet sprouting flowers.

Also, everyone affected by the snare would get a Dodge save DC 19 to shake off conditions at the end of Semilla's turn.
That's why it's best to hit afflicted opponents first, tactically.
So Thresher is defenseless, so is easily hit. His robotic body takes the brunt of the seeds easily enough (Toughness is 22- 14 + 8), but is damaged by the impact of the seeds erupting (10 + 8 = 18 vs. DC 22, so Bruised -1).
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Mustang, with typical vigor, charges Bull Shark for his trademark suplex, but unfortunately misses (8).

Whale Shark, despite being tangled (Vulnerable & Impaired), is able to move well enough to lash out at Hercule, one of many heroes who divebombed him. His attack finds its mark (13 + 8 - 2 for Impaired = 20. Thank goodness most of the team has low defenses! DC 23 damage).

Barracuda, similarly tangled, lashes out at The Shield with his Sword, but misses badly (5).

We cycle back to the beginning of the Initiative order now- HELIX gets to join us finally! With a 26, you get the first move. You notice various people fighting some stiffly-moving characters, everyone in colorful costumes. You recognize some of one side as being members of the Agents of Aquarius, a local super-villain team of some repute.

Following Helix will be Flyby (controlled by me) and Slyce.
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule
HP: 2 Luck: Condition: bien Initiative: 20 Round Counter: 2
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:50 am Whale Shark, despite being tangled (Vulnerable & Impaired), is able to move well enough to lash out at Hercule, one of many heroes who divebombed him. His attack finds its mark (13 + 8 - 2 for Impaired = 20. Thank goodness most of the team has low defenses! DC 23 damage).
OOC: 13+8-2 = 19, not 20. It still hits mind you, so it's no big deal.
toughness check vs semi-trapped Whale Shark: 1d20+12 24

And the Parisian powerhouse takes yet another blow with no effect.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

HELIX

Helix flies towards the action, he keeps his tk shield up as levels a "tk burst" at Barricuda.

[url]=http://orokos.com/roll/701815][url]
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule
HP: 2 Luck: Condition: le groovy Initiative: 20 Round Counter: 2
Hawk wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:58 pmHelix flies towards the action, he keeps his tk shield up as levels a "tk burst" at Barricuda.

[url]=http://orokos.com/roll/701815][url]
(1d20+11: 21 [1d20=10]) <--- from Orkos
Jabroniville wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:21 pmThe robots are all DC 18 to hit
Hercule saw the black-and-red figure with the longish hair with feathers in it fly in. He didn't see what the newcomer did to cause it to happen, but he did see the energy blast strike the Barricuda-bot. It appeared to be the same kind of energy as the field that surrounded.

"Qui est-ce?" Adrien asked aloud to no one in particular.
"<Who is that?>