Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
RainOnTheSun

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Doctor Mercury
Jabroniville wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:49 am
"Out of da-- OUT OF DATE?!?!?" Neville is at once horrified, angry, shocked and hurt. If there's one thing nerds hate, it's being corrected. And if there's one thing they love, it's always being right. But soon his expression is changed to a determined, frantic one, as he begins hammering away on his keyboard. "Wait... medical supplies, biological implants, genetics laboratories recording missing fish DNA... YOU'RE RIGHT!!! Villain Chatter in some of their local haunts are suggesting that Barracuda's gone... Bio-Freak!" He's stunned and impressed. "Where did YOU hear that kind of information?! You're a geneticist, obviously- do you guys have your own backlogs?"

"There's been no visual indications of what's been done, but all the evidence suggests he's modified himself into some kind of fish-monster. Well this changes everything- if you guys encounter him, PLEASE give me a full update on his appearance, powers, characterization and exactly how much it hurts to be punched or bitten by him. I REALLY need to have my bio finished and produce a completed statline" he pleads.

(OOC: was gonna make that a surprise, but I forgot I gave y'all that info beforehand. So now it's a character point that Maki knows stuff that Neville hasn't heard yet, lol)

"If you guys want to investigate the scene of the crime, that works, but I'm also hearing of a renewed push for membership in the group" Neville goes on. "There's rumors of a new supervillain hangout near the docks, and it's generally accepted that recruiting is nearly always done via these pop-up shops. Given that they're recruiting total Jobbers like Barracuda and Sawfish, I can't imagine they're being overly picky- it's entirely possible they'd attempt to recruit just about anybody with the right gimmick- even some without! Blue Shark used to be 'The Blue Bomber' before they abruptly changed her gimmick, after all."

"Huh- with a roster our size, we can cover both avenues pretty well, I think" Maynard interrupts. "What do you all think?"
Maki smiles. Nerds do love being right!

"I will, of course, be taking notes on every specimen of interest I come across. I am always willing to exchange information." She stands up. "A supervillain hangout sounds fascinating, but if I am to have everyone's gills ready for tomorrow I will be busy working tonight. Tomorrow I would be happy to create a suitably aquatic form and pay it a visit. But I am not an actress! Someone else will have to continue doing the talking for us. This is assuming you don't finish everything tonight while I am working. If you do, well, congratulations everyone, and your gills will be ready if you ever need them again."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"My family tells me I have a terrible poker face... You don't want me trying to bluff. And... spearmint flavor would be my vote please. But really anything but cherry, reminds me of cough syrup." Rosa makes a face.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

"Hm, well, we shouldn't have EVERYBODY going in undercover." Neville says, "three at the most. Even more than two could possibly draw suspicion. And you REALLY don't want to do that... these pop-up shops tend to be FULL of bad guys either looking for work, or looking to unwind. Most reports I've read have between ten and twenty guys in there at a time."

"Hm, and young girls would probably draw a lot of attention- these places are typically given to a rougher, more adult crowd" Maynard says. "Silver Witch is probably our worst choices for that- Semilla, too. And the suggestion to check out the yacht is still a solid one, if you ask me."

"Either choice works, I guess" Neville says, but admits "but never of us are real heroes, into the tactical aspects of it. Maybe the team wants to split up and try both things, or focus their efforts on just one? And... The Shield can keep his shield ON HIM for this one, I guess."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 2 Condition: Normal

Harry smiles, "Yes, I think I'll avoid going on the undercover portion of this mission. I'm not sure how many people would recognize me, but I have the feeling somebody would."

"So, let me see if I'm up to date on what's going on. Doctor Mercury needs to spend some time in the lab. Halcyon, Slyce and Hercule want to investigate the scene of the crime."

"That leaves the rest of us open at the moment. I'm going to have to agree, Silver Witch probably wouldn't be able to blend in, and I'd rather not send Semillia in undercover with her feeling as uncomfortable with it as she is. It would be like throwing her to the..." Harry winces and pinches the bridge of his nose, "Never mind."

"Without another idea on which way to go, I'm thinking that it might be best for all of us to join in on the investigation,"
Harry says, "It'd be good experience, and if we're worried about too many people being visible we could take a part of the team to stake out the location from a distance."
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule
Ken wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:53 pm "I think if someone would help me with costume making for ... le Cachalot Pygmé, my strength and ability to hold my breath for a long time might be of more use on the mission infiltration, rather than me risk the mission investigation." Hercule said. "Pardon," he shrugged at Halcyon.

He then added, "Oh, a cachalot is what you call a sperm whale, and there is a pygmy sperm whale, hence the suggested name. Maybe kash-a-lot," he stressed the English pronunciation, "rather than kash-i-low"
Arkrite wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:33 am "So, let me see if I'm up to date on what's going on. Doctor Mercury needs to spend some time in the lab. Halcyon, Slyce and Hercule want to investigate the scene of the crime."
"Non, since Halcyon is talking about investigating disguised as FBI agents, I believe my accent and I would be a hindrance. Also, I believe my abilities would allow me to, how do you say, fake being an aquatic character. I just need a different costume," Hercule corrected.
Arkrite wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:33 am "That leaves the rest of us open at the moment. I'm going to have to agree, Silver Witch probably wouldn't be able to blend in, and I'd rather not send Semillia in undercover with her feeling as uncomfortable with it as she is. It would be like throwing her to the..." Harry winces and pinches the bridge of his nose, "Never mind."

"Without another idea on which way to go, I'm thinking that it might be best for all of us to join in on the investigation,"
Harry says, "It'd be good experience, and if we're worried about too many people being visible we could take a part of the team to stake out the location from a distance."
"If too many of us go, we may have to not use the FBI disguise plan," Hercule added.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Halcyon
HP: 1; Condition: Investigative mystery

"The plan is already in play we just need to carry it out." Halcyons said easily. "And Dr Id prefer mine strawberry flavored." she chuckled as she waited on the group to decide how they wanted to act. She was used to acting independently and not bothering to ask permission later but decided to play ball a bit.

She wore the same suit but quickly did her hair up in a tight bun and put on a pair of glasses with rims a little too wide. then she checked a fake badge that she had for just such an occasion. Just official looking enough to pass muster given the way she played things.

Holding off on the rolls below until otherwise quick edits made

once there her base deception is 24 with a 28 for attractive if needed thanks to Skill mastery. Should be enough to get them in the door with the official looking jackets and such.

while there going to use her expertise Espionage for a basic look around _: 1D20+14 = [12]+14 = 26
should get some basic clues

then well use investigation to aid either xavion or Adriennes checks _: 1D20+5 = [5]+5 = 10
hits the DC to +2 the others
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

"Oh- you wanna check out the scene of the crime? In disguise, no less?" Maynard says. "Xa... SLYCE is quite good at that, too, but I'm not sure the purposes of the disguise. Local cops aren't gonna be impressed when they see FBI agents come by, I don't think. You might be able to pull it off by mentioning international waters".

"Silver Witch and Flyby can do reconnaissance, at least, but... a 4'11" muscular guy with a French accent is gonna come off a bit odd, too, don't you think? Though it's not like Mustang is ideal at undercover work, either. Same with... well, most of the rest of the team." he sighs- this team was set up more for credibility and punching than investigation.

"Anyone else got anything to add? Heck, I'd almost recommend the others show up in full costume- that'll draw attention, while letting Halcyon do her work."
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule

"J'ai déjà dit que je serais horrible de prétendre être un agent du FBI.", Adrien grumbled to himself.
I already said I'd be lousy posing as an FBI agent.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Halcyon
"Oh- you wanna check out the scene of the crime? In disguise, no less?" Maynard says. "Xa... SLYCE is quite good at that, too, but I'm not sure the purposes of the disguise. Local cops aren't gonna be impressed when they see FBI agents come by, I don't think. You might be able to pull it off by mentioning international waters".
Renas eye roll was almost vocal but she kept it to herself and her voice cool and even "Yes Maynard which is why I asked him along, but the idea is not to impress the locals, its to avoid any grandiose shows of force, The Agents have been very canny in how they operate to date. Avoiding major confrontations and staying under the radar; we want them to remain comfortable to think they've succeeded."
"Silver Witch and Flyby can do reconnaissance, at least, but... a 4'11" muscular guy with a French accent is gonna come off a bit odd, too, don't you think? Though it's not like Mustang is ideal at undercover work, either. Same with... well, most of the rest of the team." he sighs- this team was set up more for credibility and punching than investigation.
"I've no objections to some overwatch provided they stay low profile. The idea is not to spook the prey, let them think theyve succeeded. As for Adien I have full confidence in his skills, and no I am not worried about his height in the slightest a visiting member of Interpol or the DCPJ would work well for our purposes."
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

SLYCE

HP: 2; Condition: Fine

“I don’t know, Halcyon,” Slyce said putting his hand on her shoulder. Use the code name not her real name. Yeah, that shows professionalism.

God, she smells good. Stay strong, X…

“I kinda like the plan of having them come as a distraction. You and I can slip in, check things out while the other authorities will be focused on the rest of the crew here. Hell, if a flying silver girl, a French strongman, a living legend and plant girl can’t hold their attention, who can?” he laughed. “And we still get to play dress up. Sounds like everybody wins.”

“And who knows, maybe we can flush out our finny friends and…”

A *SHZINK* sound is heard as he pops the Slycers on his right hand. “We can have a nice sushi dinner like we did in Little Tokyo a couple of years back.”
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Halcyon

"Ah Tokyo. The Onsen, a dozen bottles of Sake, Sushi and Ninjas, lots of Ninjas. Sounds positively delightful." she sighed happily.

Catsi stories
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 2 Condition: Normal

Harry wondered how many Police officers would put together the new local short french superhero and the sudden appearance of the short french Interpol officer.

"I have some concerns with us starting with this approach," Harry says, "If this was a one off mission, or we weren't planning to be here long I'd be more on board, but the plan is for the team to be here for some time. If the cops catch on to us lying to them it could ruin our relationship with law enforcement in the city, and that could hurt our ability to work here in the future."

"I understand you're worried that these villains might catch on to us, but I think it would be in our best interest to try being up front with the police first."
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

SLYCE

HP: 2; Condition: Fine
Arkrite wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:16 am Harry wondered how many Police officers would put together the new local short french superhero and the sudden appearance of the short french Interpol officer.

"I have some concerns with us starting with this approach," Harry says, "If this was a one off mission, or we weren't planning to be here long I'd be more on board, but the plan is for the team to be here for some time. If the cops catch on to us lying to them it could ruin our relationship with law enforcement in the city, and that could hurt our ability to work here in the future."

"I understand you're worried that these villains might catch on to us, but I think it would be in our best interest to try being up front with the police first."
"Oh, I agree, old timer," Slyce replied, retracting his Slycers, moving over and throwing an arm over Hercules' shoulders. "That's why I think you guys should go in with us on the straight up. Pete here would definitely stand out like a sore...um, let me see if I remember my high school French...like a sore pouce? Is that right, Pete? And besides, WE'RE not lying to the police. SHE'S lying to the police. And not many people can do that better than her. You've seen her action before, right? You know this is why she's here."

"I'll even go up with the rest of you if it makes you feel better, my man, and she can do her thing on her own."

Yeah...might not want to be alone with her for too long. Did her eyes get bluer?

FOCUS, X!!!!

"We play our role, she plays hers," he continued. "If there's something the rest of them are holding back on us because we are the new kids, I bet she finds it." he said shifting his gaze to back to Rena. "She and I have...interesting history but that history includes me seeing her acing FAR harder missions than this."

"And besides, if things do go south, we can just blame it on Neville not doing enough research on her in the first place." He winked at Mayne and then smiled a sly smile at the face on the screen, eagerly awaiting his insulted response.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rosa gawks. "But if SHE'S a part of OUR group, then WE are lying to the police, even if she gets away with it. Or is there something about that logic that I'm missing."
"Something pithy this way comes."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Halcyon

Rena hmmmed thoughtfully at Harry "Actually now that I think about it the team showing up might work better for me in the long run."

"That news report means they're already aware of you and aware you might be looking into things. If were lucky they might underestimate you entirely."
"We play our role, she plays hers," he continued. "If there's something the rest of them are holding back on us because we are the new kids, I bet she finds it." he said shifting his gaze to back to Rena. "She and I have...interesting history but that history includes me seeing her acing FAR harder missions than this."

"And besides, if things do go south, we can just blame it on Neville not doing enough research on her in the first place." He winked at Mayne and then smiled a sly smile at the face on the screen, eagerly awaiting his insulted response.
Renas face was a picture of pure angelic innocence as she offhandedly examined her nails for some perceived flaw or other.

"And Rosa dear you're not lying to the police, just not telling them about me that's all." she replied easily her voice all honey.

Catsi stories