Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Jabroniville

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:06 pm le Petit Hercule
Jabroniville wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:46 pm Hercule, you hear a half-block behind you "HEY! Hey you! Git away from that-thurr fence!"
"Pardon." Adrien tried to make his accent even more pronounced as he took a half step back from the fence.

He turned towards the voice, wanting to see who was there.

Adrien looking towards the voice that told him to get away from the fence.: 1D20+8 = [9]+8 = 17
All you can see is one of the lines of run-down row-house/former condos, some of which still have some lights on. The most obvious candidate for the voice appears to be a cracked-open door with the silhouette of a head peering out from it. It's too far away for a regular speaking voice to reach- you'd have to yell or get closer. You can barely make out a hand waving you over.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

MIKE'S BAR:

(Anyone who's not with Hercule and is thinking of entering the bar sees this through the window)

Mike's is a fairly small bar with a row of seating around the long-ish bar, with a few round tables scattered about. A huge Confederate flag is behind the bar, along with various brands of whiskey. A balding man with blonde hair and a ponytail sits behind it, doing "Generic Barkeep" things like cutting lemons and cleaning glasses. A handful of 50-ish men sit inside as well.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Flynnarrel wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:44 amShe notices the change in the flight pattern. "Oh, you heard Flyby requesting rendezvous? Thanks for communicating that to the pilot." Semilla smiles a wooden smile that is nevertheless warm.
appointment
:D
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule
Ken wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:11 pm Making note of Harry's truck, Adrien had a thought. He moved to the edge of the defunct petting zoo. He tried peering through the opening in the fence, and tried to look for how many of the buildings were still standing, and if they were the kind of buildings he was expecting.

He thumbed his radio, "Hillbillies are assocated ... aux fermes et aux granges... pardon, with farms and barns, n'est-ce pas? And are there not barns in a petting zoo?"
[with farms and with barns... sorry / aren't they ]
Ken wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:06 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:46 pm Hercule, you hear a half-block behind you "HEY! Hey you! Git away from that-thurr fence!"
"Pardon." Adrien tried to make his accent even more pronounced as he took a half step back from the fence.

He turned towards the voice, wanting to see who was there.
As he turns and tries to look, there is a spate of activity over the comms.
Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:53 am"Report?" Semilla requests over comms. "How're we all doing down there?"
"Sorry guys, getting used to these new comms. If you said anything, please repeat and could I get a status report from folks? Are you ready for the fliers to come in?"
MacynSnow wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:42 pmMustang whispers "Well,me and the 'Old Man' are heading into some bar called Mike's to dig for some intel...this place is WAY to quiet for my liking.It's almost like the civies are waiting for something..."
L-Space wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:50 pmSawyer activates his comm, *sluuurp* "I haven't seen anything too unusual from my spot, except an awesome taco truck a few blocks back! If you (Semilla), Galactica, and Witchie wants to meet up at my location, when things do go down we can move out together. Plus I have a few more tacos and burritos for the stakeout."
Psistrike wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:15 amSilver Witch says "I'm on a nearby rooftop, will monitor the situation from up here. No way are you getting me into a bar, too many horror stories from Uncle Jacob about how rough things can get from the wrong word or look at a drunk. Just keep me updated if the situation changes.
(That girl is to sweet for this business.)0o.
Jabroniville wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:47 amAll you can see is one of the lines of run-down row-house/former condos, some of which still have some lights on. The most obvious candidate for the voice appears to be a cracked-open door with the silhouette of a head peering out from it. It's too far away for a regular speaking voice to reach- you'd have to yell or get closer. You can barely make out a hand waving you over.
Adrien put his hand to his ear, and activated the radio. "I was going towards this 'Mike's' endroit, and the petting zoo abandonné drew my attention," he said quietly. "Someone ... warned me away. Am going to find out why. And perhaps they can answer ma question de barn." As he was speaking, he trotted at a normal human's pace across the street and towards the house where he had seen someone wave.

From the front sidewalk, "Merci," Adrien said towards the door. (OOC: is it still ajar?) "I had heard the zoo had closed, but I had hoped she was having une joke. So I came to see, to be certain. Is anyone there?""
[ place / abandoned / attention / my question about ]

[ thanks / a / certain ]

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Ken wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:40 am Adrien put his hand to his ear, and activated the radio. "I was going towards this 'Mike's' endroit, and the petting zoo abandonné drew my attention," he said quietly. "Someone ... warned me away. Am going to find out why. And perhaps they can answer ma question de barn." As he was speaking, he trotted at a normal human's pace across the street and towards the house where he had seen someone wave.

From the front sidewalk, "Merci," Adrien said towards the door. (OOC: is it still ajar?) "I had heard the zoo had closed, but I had hoped she was having une joke. So I came to see, to be certain. Is anyone there?""
"Understood Le Petite Hercule. Let us know if we can help." Semilla says into the comms. "Dr. Mercury, do you still have eyes on Herc? Silver Witch, do you want to converge on Flyby's position with Galactica and I? Though, if we're trying to keep a low profile here we probably shouldn't be in costume while ordering from a taco truck." Semilla notes. "Let's give the bar folk a chance to learn something before causing a stir. Oh, speaking of, Shield, if nothing otherwise happens to change the situation, Galactica's idea about challenging whoever ousted the Hillbillies might gain more information too. If we could have you let us know when or if that would be appropriate to implement, that would help us out. You musta like, done this hundreds of times before, right?"

Epic, if you want, maybe with a decent Perception roll, especially in these confined spaces and close quarters, K'lara can start picking up oddities in the emotions she feels from Rosa. I have to imagine humans have various emotions running through them all the time, but Rosa's will have just the briefest flashes of calm reassurance (and occasionally irritation), that seem mostly out of context with what she's showing outwardly. Just an idea to play with if you want - the notion that K'lara's empathic sense might pick up traces of the spirit mentor residing around Rosa.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Silver Witch

"Yes Semilla, I wish to converge on Flyby's location with you and Galactica. Only haven't done so yet because I...stand out in my costume and when flying my force field emits a silver glow. And keeping a low profile, if Galactica is with you that is going to be difficult unless she has a large hoodie with long sleeves to hide her unique skin color. Let's not fret over the small stuff, we can make this work even if we have to improvise along the way. No plan survives first contact with the enemy or in some cases going into an unfamiliar environment." Ariana takes off from the rooftop and goes to meet up with Galactica and Semilla, hoping she isn't spotted as a bright silver streak blurs to her allies location in seconds.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 1 Condition: Normal

"Don't let it worry you. I wasn't expecting us to be able avoiding a confrontation for long once you guys in the hero crew started your investigation," Harry says into the comms, "Just do the best you can and call us in if it comes to a fight."

Harry makes his way into Mike's and takes a seat at the bar, "Beer over here, please."
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Flynnarrel wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:58 pm "Understood Le Petite Hercule. Let us know if we can help." Semilla says into the comms. "Dr. Mercury, do you still have eyes on Herc? Silver Witch, do you want to converge on Flyby's position with Galactica and I? Though, if we're trying to keep a low profile here we probably shouldn't be in costume while ordering from a taco truck." Semilla notes. "Let's give the bar folk a chance to learn something before causing a stir. Oh, speaking of, Shield, if nothing otherwise happens to change the situation, Galactica's idea about challenging whoever ousted the Hillbillies might gain more information too. If we could have you let us know when or if that would be appropriate to implement, that would help us out. You musta like, done this hundreds of times before, right?"
"I see him," Doctor Mercury said calmly and quietly. She crawled along the side of the row houses until she was sitting, hidden, on the wall above the door Adrien's new friend was reaching out of.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Arkrite wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:32 am The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)

"Don't let it worry you. I wasn't expecting us to be able avoiding a confrontation for long once you guys in the hero crew started your investigation," Harry says into the comms, "Just do the best you can and call us in if it comes to a fight."

Harry makes his way into Mike's and takes a seat at the bar, "Beer over here, please."
MUSTANG
HP-1 CONDITION -Normal

"Yeah,let us know if you guy's need a hand..."Todd echoes into the comms as he head's in Mike's.
Taking a seat at a nearby empty table(he'll pull the chair out for Mako if she's with them.If not,he'll sit by himself),Mustang leans back and wait's for someone to come take his order....
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Everyone in the bar stops and stares at The Shield when he walks in, and Mustang thereafter. There's a mix of shock and confusion.

"Uhh... ain't you aware of where you're patronizin', sir?" the man behind the bar says, nervous and a bit startled.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:40 am Adrien put his hand to his ear, and activated the radio. "I was going towards this 'Mike's' endroit, and the petting zoo abandonné drew my attention," he said quietly. "Someone ... warned me away. Am going to find out why. And perhaps they can answer ma question de barn." As he was speaking, he trotted at a normal human's pace across the street and towards the house where he had seen someone wave.

[ place / abandoned / attention / my question about ]

[ thanks / a / certain ]
The head peers out from the doorframe again- you can make out scruffy facial hair and a somewhat broad physique. "Keep yer voice down! And of course the zoo's been closed- been closed about five 'r' ten years, now! It's after dark, anyhow! Whaddaya think yet doin' in this part of town after dark! Don't you know who RUNS this area?!?"
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

GALACTICA
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

K'lara looks back at Rosa, reflexively sending an emphatic little blast of agitation as she skin ripples hues subtly, hard to see the real difference in the flier's internal lighting, as she would at another of her own kind. To Rosa, she would feel the agitation, understanding what the feeling was, though could also feel it as though it were separate from herself and couldn't identify the nature of the feeling before it's also abruptly gone.

"I want to DO something...... but I suppose we could give the others a little longer and I may discover what these taw-cos and boo-ree-toes are. Flyby seemed enthused about them on the radio." The alien warrior does stare at Rosa a little longer, perhaps long enough to feel a little unsettling, as she senses a strange kind of emotional...dissonance...not quite matching somehow, though she couldn't put her finger on it, but it kind of felt like there was an extra layer...but Rosa was human and other humans didn't have that in her limited experience.

And then she's looking away while the hatch is opened for the girls to leave as Silver Witch reaches them. It was something K'lara could puzzle over later, maybe see if other humans had that strange emotion extra layer.
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:35 am
Ken wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:40 am From the front sidewalk, "Merci," Adrien said towards the door. (OOC: is it still ajar?) "I had heard the zoo had closed, but I had hoped she was having une joke. So I came to see, to be certain. Is anyone there?""
[ thanks / a / certain ][/color]
The head peers out from the doorframe again- you can make out scruffy facial hair and a somewhat broad physique. "Keep yer voice down! And of course the zoo's been closed- been closed about five 'r' ten years, now! It's after dark, anyhow! Whaddaya think yet doin' in this part of town after dark! Don't you know who RUNS this area?!?"
Adrien took a few more steps towards the door, and replied in a quieter voice, "Non, I just arrived today from Paris." His hometown's name came out "pair-ree". "But I met someone today; she insisté... er ... insisted that a group of ninja lived here."

Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)

Harry raises an eyebrow and decides to play dumb.

"Mike's right? What it said on the sign," he hooks a thumb over his shoulder towards the door.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:33 am

Everyone in the bar stops and stares at The Shield when he walks in, and Mustang thereafter. There's a mix of shock and confusion.

"Uhh... ain't you aware of where you're patronizin', sir?" the man behind the bar says, nervous and a bit startled.
MUSTANG
HP-1 CONDITION-Normal

Deciding to play along with the Shield,Todd replies back

"It's a bar,right?We're thirsty and could use a drink..."