Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Jabroniville

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Jabroniville »

EpicEclipse wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:50 am Image
GALACTICA
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Seeing that Semilla largely disabled the hillbillies outside herself, and with confirmation of what Doctor Mercury got to, K'lara looks around, identifying the barn, as well as the keyed up emotions of those within it. Also Hercule was bounding there, making it pretty obvious where she wanted to be. "I'm going to go help Doctor Mercury!" is all she explains before judging the distance quickly and taking a leap towards the barn.

From inside the barn, all that would be heard is the crescendo of an excited "WHOOO!" as Galactica smashes through one of the windows and lands with a roll before pushing off the ground in a show of capable athleticism and acrobatics before landing in a dynamic pose, her finger pointed at the largest or most menacing-looking of the present assailants in challenge. "Galactica, has arrived!"
So as mentioned, move action to get to the Barn, and an feint with acrobatic feint. Actobatics (Agile Feint): 1D20+10 = [10]+10 = 20 hopefully playing on the shock value of her sudden, dramatic entry.
(Wait, do I have to check that for EVERYBODY? Urrgghhh...)

Passed:
Nunchaku, Fist, Sai

Failed:
Everyone Else

As soon as Galactica touches down and makes her thread, Sword begins:

"Congratulations, fool. You have just won the honor of being the first of the city's many champions who will die at our hands. We took over the -- He pauses, seeing La Petit Hercule dive into view as well.

"Congratulations, foolS. You have just won the honor of being the first of the city's many champions who will die at our hands. territory of these much-vaunted gang members in order to cement our authority, and maintain a base of operations. You have stumbled onto our plan for takeover, and that privilege will cost you your life. For this city has new masters." he prepares to pull out his hidden shirt, but realizes he's still wearing it. Instead, he points threateningly to the drawing of a sword on his shirt. "New WEAPON-Masters."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:56 am "We give up."
"Yeah, we give up. You, uh... go fight those Ninjas now, please. We're totally gonna wait for the cops, and not try to escape. Promise."

The Hillbillies are no longer fighting back. The rest of you are free to move. Flyby & Semilla are next, followed by Silver Witch.
Semilla extends viney fingers to encircle the shotgun and bring it to herself. She holds it by the stock, getting no where near the trigger looking like it was the first live firearm she'd ever handled. Cuz it was.

She looks to the entangled gang members. "Well, we'd HATE to be accused of taking your jobs. So YOU are going to help us negotiate peace with the ninjas to protect YOUR territory, Right?"
Persuasion: 1D20+7 = [16]+7 = 23

It'd be better if she were pretty but she loses that in her tree form. Still, not bad.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

THE BARN:

Okay, new melee round! The Weapon-Masters versus three of the heroes! Doctor Mercury can join this one if she wants to come down and join the fight :). At normal speed, the others outside should take one full round to arrive; anyone with movement powers will be faster. If the guys in the bar leave immediately, at normal speed, they will take three rounds to arrive (if they take the truck :)).

Sword holds back, directing the rest of the team. "I recognize the alien- it's the gladiator woman, Kosmic K'lara! She's super-strong! This requires the maximum of our abilities!" He sends out the Weapon-Masters, who move in to melee.

Flail, dressed in brown, moves in first, taking a swing at Galactica, barely missing (20 -2 for Power Attack).
Spear, however, manages to strike well, spearing Galactica right in the belly (23 with Power Attack +2, DC 21 Damage)
Fist, dressed in dark blue (with a giant fist on his shirt) takes several swings with his hands and feet, but each are parried.

Katana, dressed in blue, similarly misses La Petit Hercule with his blade (15).
Knife, in black, misses badly (15).
Axe, who ordinarily misses in melee constantly because of his overwhelming desire to throw the biggest attacks possible, ACTUALLY HITS (22, even with Power Attack), shocking everyone. Naturally, it's against a super-strong opponent. (DC 22 Damage)

(LOL- six attacks, and only two manage to hit. Some martial artists

Next up: Hercule, then three more Weapon-Masters, then Dr. Mercury, then Lasso, then Galactica. I figure that only four people can possibly strike one person at a time)
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

GALACTICA
1 :HP ο COND: -1 Resist Damage

K'lara's grin widens as she is recognized and she shifts her stance toward of these "weapon masters" as they come at her, leaning back just enough the flail misses her, though this puts her in a poor position to defend against the spear, though she turns aside from it, moving with the momentum to minimize the damage possible by the polearm, which manages to work in with parrying the fist master.

"Ah, you have heard of Kosmic K'lara! Then you know I am no meager challenger!"
Toughness vs Spear: 1D20+9 = [10]+9 = 19 One degree of failure. Shame I didn't opt to use Kinetic Field. I actually meant to, largely for the flashy entrance since it's a flashy power, but I forgot. Oh well.
Last edited by EpicEclipse on Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule
HP: 1 Luck: 2 Condition: Groovy Initiative: 15
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:05 am As soon as Galactica touches down and makes her thread, Sword begins:

"Congratulations, fool. You have just won the honor of being the first of the city's many champions who will die at our hands. We took over the -- He pauses, seeing La Petit Hercule dive into view as well.

"Congratulations, foolS. You have just won the honor of being the first of the city's many champions who will die at our hands. territory of these much-vaunted gang members in order to cement our authority, and maintain a base of operations. You have stumbled onto our plan for takeover, and that privilege will cost you your life. For this city has new masters." he prepares to pull out his hidden shirt, but realizes he's still wearing it. Instead, he points threateningly to the drawing of a sword on his shirt. "New WEAPON-Masters."
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:24 am THE BARN:

Sword holds back, directing the rest of the team. "I recognize the alien- it's the gladiator woman, Galactica! She's super-strong! This requires the maximum of our abilities!" He sends out the Weapon-Masters, who move in to melee.

Katana, dressed in blue, similarly misses La Petit Hercule with his blade (15).
Knife, in black, misses badly (15).
Axe, who ordinarily misses in melee constantly because of his overwhelming desire to throw the biggest attacks possible, ACTUALLY HITS (22, even with Power Attack), shocking everyone. Naturally, it's against a super-strong opponent. (DC 22 Damage)
Toughness check vs the Axe and his axe: 1D20+12 = [10]+12 = 22

Le Petit Hercule was ready for the attack, and almost felt it, and then spoke up, "Zo, before we die. Just to clari--fy, he nearly got the very similar French and English words mixed. "Ze New Weapons-Masters are un group nouveau and are not the Ninja gang that control Petit Shinjuku, near, dix-huitième... pardon, eighteen street? Adrien had found Little Shinjuku in his map book earlier, and 18th street went right through it. [OOC: And they're labelled the 18th Street Ninjas in the Jabverse thread.]

He went to give Axe a shove. It would still deliver some force, but Adrien was reasonably sure these were skilled, but normal people. (Using Accurate Attack to shift accuracy up by 3 and damage down by 3; 7 damage if it lands.)

Using Accurate Attack for an adjustment of three, against Axe: 11+1D20 = 11+[7] = 18
<a / new / Little / eighteenth... sorry>
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Flyby
HP: 1 LP: 1/2 (power stunts)
Condition: -1
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:36 am Their Leader, badly injured and dazed, but still brandishing his Shotgun, takes aim at Flyby and fires (21 to hit! That's actually just barely enough! DC 21 Damage!)
The shotgun blasts into Flyby's side. His field holds, but it's enough force to cause a good sized bruise and probably some bleeding. "Ow! Dammit that stings!" Flyby turns to the leader, ready to slam him into the ground, when all of a sudden...
Psistrike wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:08 am Silver Witch
"Oh good grief, time to end this nonsense already." Suddenly a pair of silver construct pistols are in her hands and she takes aim at their leader, intent on knocking him out with concussive force. In a hail of silver energy spheres, she hits the Hillbillies' leader with pinpoint accuracy.
Flyby raises both eyebrows and looks at Silver Witch with a bit of awe. "Damn Witchie, that's impressive!" With a grin he flies off towards the barn and starts singing Witchy Woman, "Wooo hooo witchy woman....

Flyby rushes off to the barn and stops when he sees the group of brightly colored warriors. "Great. First hillbillies and now Power Ranger rejects..." with that he barrels towards and then through the enemy group
OOC wrote:Tougness save: 1D20+7 = [9]+7 = 16
That's a wound.
Should be able to get to the barn with a single move. Going to power stunt a Damage 9 Shapeable area effect off my Flight (20pp to play with) and hit as many bad guys as possible. DC19 Dodge then Toughness DC of 19 if a save or DC24 on a fail.

Oh and since I forgot about it last time, will use Favored Environment to add a +2 to my defense.
Formerly luketheduke86
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:49 am
Toughness check vs the Axe and his axe: 1D20+12 = [10]+12 = 22

Le Petit Hercule was ready for the attack, and almost felt it, and then spoke up, "Zo, before we die. Just to clari--fy, he nearly got the very similar French and English words mixed. "Ze New Weapons-Masters are un group nouveau and are not the Ninja gang that control Petit Shinjuku, near, dix-huitième... pardon, eighteen street? Adrien had found Little Shinjuku in his map book earlier, and 18th street went right through it. [OOC: And they're labelled the 18th Street Ninjas in the Jabverse thread.]

He went to give Axe a shove. It would still deliver some force, but Adrien was reasonably sure these were skilled, but normal people. (Using Accurate Attack to shift accuracy up by 3 and damage down by 3; 7 damage if it lands.)

Using Accurate Attack for an adjustment of three, against Axe: 11+1D20 = 11+[7] = 18
<a / new / Little / eighteenth... sorry>
Axe deftly avoids your shove, ducking underneath your arms as he moves out of the way.

Nunchaku is next, but he's too stunned to do anything but move into position (Staggered).

Halberd makes a move, trying to attack you as well- his longer polearm covering the distance easily. "The 18th Street Ninjas? THOSE chowder-heads? HAH! We didn't wear our costumes when we booted the Hillbillies out of here, but we didn't think we'd get mistaken for THEM! The Kombatants MAYBE." He strikes you with ease (21 with Power Attack, DC 22 damage).

"A multicolored chick, a chameleon girl and a midget in his underpants. I have to say, you all look COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS" says the man dressed entirely in pink, with a lasso drawn on his shirt. Twirling his rope, he swings it at Dr. Mercury, trying to haul her down (DC 15 Area Effect; Snare).

Doctor Mercury is next
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

L-Space wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:04 pm Should be able to get to the barn with a single move. Going to power stunt a Damage 9 Shapeable area effect off my Flight (20pp to play with) and hit as many bad guys as possible. DC19 Dodge then Toughness DC of 19 if a save or DC24 on a fail.

Oh and since I forgot about it last time, will use Favored Environment to add a +2 to my defense.
[/quote]

Okay, this one starts at the beginning of NEXT round :)
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Silver Witch
HP: 1 LP: 1
Condition: Fine

Recreating her mini-van construct once more, Silver Witch is more than ready to get moving out. "As before, all board whose coming aboard."

OOC: To shorten things up from now on, you can just assume Silver Witch gives anyone without faster movement powers a lift when needed. ;)
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:10 am
"I- ggg- whu--?" Skeeter is noticeably taken aback (rolling a 7, plus his Will which is like +2, means he fails, lol). "W-we don't take KINDLY to folks who interrupt our fistfights, Mr. Claw Boy." he says, pausing his attack on The Shield. "But I, uh, think we can double-team them Ninjas if you'd like. HEY BOYS!" he shouts out to his fellows, some of which are in mid-suplex. "Let's do us a SOOPER-HERO team-up! Let's get them ninjas what T'K 'R J'BS!!!!"

Skeeter stops fighting.
SLYCE

HP: 1; Condition: Fine; Initiative: Will roll when we get to the barn

"Hey, you guys ARE smarter than you look," Slyce says with a smirk as he retracts his claws.

He looks at Mustang and Shield. "Hey, boys," he says. "I'm guessing we have the same benefactor. Name's Slyce. Sorry I couldn't make the meeting, I had...other things to attend to. Superhero stuff, ya know-I-mean. Anyway, sounds like the real fight is over at the Barn. We need to scoot."

He then turns to Skeeter. "Skeeter, right? You boys know a shortcut or anything or do we just gotta hoof it?"

OOC: I don't think Slyce would know about the truck.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:18 am
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:56 am "We give up."
"Yeah, we give up. You, uh... go fight those Ninjas now, please. We're totally gonna wait for the cops, and not try to escape. Promise."

The Hillbillies are no longer fighting back. The rest of you are free to move. Flyby & Semilla are next, followed by Silver Witch.
Semilla extends viney fingers to encircle the shotgun and bring it to herself. She holds it by the stock, getting no where near the trigger looking like it was the first live firearm she'd ever handled. Cuz it was.

She looks to the entangled gang members. "Well, we'd HATE to be accused of taking your jobs. So YOU are going to help us negotiate peace with the ninjas to protect YOUR territory, Right?"
Persuasion: 1D20+7 = [16]+7 = 23

It'd be better if she were pretty but she loses that in her tree form. Still, not bad.
"Well," Semilla says, waving her hand and the vines falling away from their victims [Reversible], "If you're coming, get in the silver bus, if not, do whatever while we fix this." She puts the shotgun in the bus and gets in.
"Something pithy this way comes."
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:25 pm

"A multicolored chick, a chameleon girl and a midget in his underpants. I have to say, you all look COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS" says the man dressed entirely in pink, with a lasso drawn on his shirt. Twirling his rope, he swings it at Dr. Mercury, trying to haul her down (DC 15 Area Effect; Snare).

Doctor Mercury is next
Doctor Mercury kicks off the ceiling before the lasso reaches it and lands directly in front of her friend with the nunchucks. Or directly on top of him, maybe--that would be nice, but it isn't really necessary. Makiko doesn't actually need to win, after all. She just has to not lose until the rest of Maynard's superhero team gets here.

Area and Resistance dodges: 1D20+9 = [3]+9 = 12
1D20+9 = [16]+9 = 25

attack roll, 2 point Defensive Attack: 1D20+7 = [9]+7 = 16

0 HP, Dodge and Parry +11
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule
HP: 1 Luck: 2 Condition: -1 to Toughness Initiative: 15 Round Counter: 1
Ken wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:49 amHe went to give Axe a shove. It would still deliver some force, but Adrien was reasonably sure these were skilled, but normal people. (Using Accurate Attack to shift accuracy up by 3 and damage down by 3; 7 damage if it lands.)
Axe deftly avoids your shove, ducking underneath your arms as he moves out of the way.

Nunchaku is next, but he's too stunned to do anything but move into position (Staggered).

Halberd makes a move, trying to attack you as well- his longer polearm covering the distance easily. "The 18th Street Ninjas? THOSE chowder-heads? HAH! We didn't wear our costumes when we booted the Hillbillies out of here, but we didn't think we'd get mistaken for THEM! The Kombatants MAYBE." He strikes you with ease (21 with Power Attack, DC 22 damage).
Toughness check vs the Hallebarde of Halberd: 1D20+12 = [7]+12 = 19

The blade of the halberd struck hard against Hercule's chest, but stopped after going in less then a centimeter. A bit of blood spills onto the outermost edge of the blade and then down Hercule's abdomen. Looking down, Hercule said, sounding (and feeling) slightly annoyed, "Mais, I already glaive blood this year.""
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:25 pm"A multicolored chick, a chameleon girl and a midget in his underpants. I have to say, you all look COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS" says the man dressed entirely in pink, with a lasso drawn on his shirt. Twirling his rope, he swings it at Dr. Mercury, trying to haul her down (DC 15 Area Effect; Snare).
RainOnTheSun wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:33 amDoctor Mercury kicks off the ceiling before the lasso reaches it and lands directly in front of her friend with the nunchucks. Or directly on top of him, maybe--that would be nice, but it isn't really necessary. Makiko doesn't actually need to win, after all. She just has to not lose until the rest of Maynard's superhero team gets here.
[but]
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 2 Condition: Normal

Harry raised an eyebrow at Mustang's comment, and made a note to chat with him later. He was good kid, but if people got wind of his short temper and how to set him off...

He looked around for a moment, pausing as he nodded to a familiar looking man with claws.

"Looks like we're hoofing it," Harry says as he starts jogging, though once Mustang catches up he stage whispers, "What's a j'rb?"
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:33 am

Doctor Mercury is next
Doctor Mercury kicks off the ceiling before the lasso reaches it and lands directly in front of her friend with the nunchucks. Or directly on top of him, maybe--that would be nice, but it isn't really necessary. Makiko doesn't actually need to win, after all. She just has to not lose until the rest of Maynard's superhero team gets here.

Area and Resistance dodges: 1D20+9 = [3]+9 = 12
1D20+9 = [16]+9 = 25

attack roll, 2 point Defensive Attack: 1D20+7 = [9]+7 = 16

0 HP, Dodge and Parry +11
Alas, even Staggered, Nunchaku manages to avoid the attack. These guys appear to be serious professionals, albeit underpowered compared to your lot.

(ie. the Hit DC for them is at 20 for most of the group)