Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Flynnarrel »

When the powered group is together Semilla offers to depower and pick up food from the taco truck so as not to create a stir with the locals about supers in the neighborhood. She knows its a risk, but the strange sense of agitation and drive she felt while confined in the flier from the mauve warrior told Semilla if she didn't distract the restless wrestler soon there could be trouble.
"Something pithy this way comes."
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Flyby
HP: 1 LP: 2 (power stunts)
Condition: Normal
Flynnarrel wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:45 pm When the powered group is together Semilla offers to depower and pick up food from the taco truck so as not to create a stir with the locals about supers in the neighborhood. She knows its a risk, but the strange sense of agitation and drive she felt while confined in the flier from the mauve warrior told Semilla if she didn't distract the restless wrestler soon there could be trouble.
"I think I got enough for everybody. Unless you wanted something specific," Sawyer responds, while holding out a couple food bags. "And don't worry, I didn't go down there in my 'business suit' I brought a set of sweats in case I needed to go incognito." he gestures to an open backpack. "I'm not a total jockhead," he says with a smile.
Formerly luketheduke86
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

L-Space wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:06 pm Flyby
Flynnarrel wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:45 pm When the powered group is together Semilla offers to depower and pick up food from the taco truck so as not to create a stir with the locals about supers in the neighborhood. She knows its a risk, but the strange sense of agitation and drive she felt while confined in the flier from the mauve warrior told Semilla if she didn't distract the restless wrestler soon there could be trouble.
"I think I got enough for everybody. Unless you wanted something specific," Sawyer responds, while holding out a couple food bags. "And don't worry, I didn't go down there in my 'business suit' I brought a set of sweats in case I needed to go incognito." he gestures to an open backpack. "I'm not a total jockhead," he says with a smile.
Semilla holds her hand up and wobbles it like a plane in pitching turbulence with an 'unconvinced' look on her woody face.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Arkrite wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:02 pm The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 1 Condition: Normal

Harry raises an eyebrow and decides to play dumb.

"Mike's right? What it said on the sign," he hooks a thumb over his shoulder towards the door.
The bartender doesn't react to the quip, instead just shivering a bit and bringing his voice down low. "No, I mean... this is a LOCAL BAR. Only LOCALS is usually ever in here. This ain't the kinda place for--"

A large man with curly red hair and a pink shirt suddenly bursts out of the door at the back of the bar- "IS THAT A CANADIAN ACCENT I HEAR?!?" He rushes up to the bar, right towards The Shield. He eyes you up and down- "We don't take KINDLY to CANADIANS around here!"

"Now Skeeter, he ain't hurtin' no one" the bartender tries to deflate the situation as quickly as possible.

"NO! I wanna KNOW... why you think it's okay to take credit for winning... the War of EIGHTEEN-TWELVE...! When it was actually a victory more reliant on the ENGLISH!" he jabs a finger in your chest. "Whaddayou say to THAT, mister CANADIAN ACCENT?"

He attempts to Intimidate you- rolling 8 + 5 to Intimidation, resulting in a DC 13 check to avoid being frightened or unnerved.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:33 am le Petit Hercule
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:35 am
Ken wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:40 am From the front sidewalk, "Merci," Adrien said towards the door. (OOC: is it still ajar?) "I had heard the zoo had closed, but I had hoped she was having une joke. So I came to see, to be certain. Is anyone there?""

The head peers out from the doorframe again- you can make out scruffy facial hair and a somewhat broad physique. "Keep yer voice down! And of course the zoo's been closed- been closed about five 'r' ten years, now! It's after dark, anyhow! Whaddaya think yet doin' in this part of town after dark! Don't you know who RUNS this area?!?"
Adrien took a few more steps towards the door, and replied in a quieter voice, "Non, I just arrived today from Paris." His hometown's name came out "pair-ree". "But I met someone today; she insisté... er ... insisted that a group of ninja lived here."
The man faces you via the still-ajar door- he acts confused and nervous at first, but at the very mention of the word "Ninja".

"NINJAS! WHO IN THE HELL TOLD YOU ABOUT NINJAS!! You getcher butt in here right now son, or there'll be REAL trouble!" he insists. He waves you into the room, leaving the door open enough to tell you there's at least two other people in here. All three of them are in pretty good shape, being in their early 20s. The men are all decked out in plaid vests, wifebeater t-shirts and trucker caps.

Persuasion Roll For The Guy: DC 12
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:33 am The man faces you via the still-ajar door- he acts confused and nervous at first, but at the very mention of the word "Ninja".

"NINJAS! WHO IN THE HELL TOLD YOU ABOUT NINJAS!! You getcher butt in here right now son, or there'll be REAL trouble!" he insists. He waves you into the room, leaving the door open enough to tell you there's at least two other people in here. All three of them are in pretty good shape, being in their early 20s. The men are all decked out in plaid vests, wifebeater t-shirts and trucker caps.
Adrien hurried up the stairs "Merci, you are most kind," he said. "It was a lady wrestler. I didn't think she knew what she was talking about. She was a... how do you say? ... a redskin."

(<A little misdirection, and a test of their worldview. Thank goodness I used American films western to help learn English.>)0o.

He heads into the room, pulling the door closed behind him.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

(GM's Note: This one's for Slyce)

"How's the mission going?" Neville asks.
"oh, I dunno. I haven't mentioned that we didn't have a pilot for them until a couple of hours ago. Thank god my personal pilot was up for it. I thought you said one of their bios indicated they could FLY THE PLANE." Maynard responds.
"Sorry- these things are often vague. You never know with these guys- it's such a basic Super-Hero Skill that I assumed SOMEBODY must have had the power."

"In any case, we've got five groups when I thought we'd have two, and now two of them are engaging the locals. No idea what's going on now. I swear some of them are just getting food... I'm gonna activate our ace in the hole." Maynard types into his phone, calling up Slyce- the "Tenth Member" he spoke of to the group.

"SLYCE- it's Maynard. I know you're in position around the Hillbillies territory. Please respond and make your move into where one of the two groups are. Either the bar or the row where Le Petite Hercule is."
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Flyby

Flynnarrel wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:45 pm Semilla holds her hand up and wobbles it like a plane in pitching turbulence with an 'unconvinced' look on her woody face.
Sawyer gives you a mock glare, "Quiet you. Oh, and Galactica, when eating a burrito for the first time you are required, by earth custom, to try some type of hot sauce with it. That's mildest that's hottest." he points to a couple snall containers of red liquid.

Looking down at the street with his binocular-esque mask, "Looks like most of Team Incognito has moved inside." With that he activates his radio, "Since we no longer have visual on you guys, we'll need a code word in case you guys get in trouble. Since Harry is team lead it's only fitting that the code word should be 'Life Alert.'"
OOC wrote: Perception check to see if anything is happening on the street. Perception: 1D20+11 = [7]+11 = 18
Formerly luketheduke86
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)

Back when he was, well, normal, this would have been pretty intimidating.
As it stood? He'd faced bigger, and meaner men who'd done far worse then poke him in the chest.

"Well now, I'd have to say," Harry says with a smile, "That you are absolutely right."

"I'm impressed, Skeeter, most people don't realize that the British forces were freed up after Napoleon was exiled and the war with France was over."

"Truth is it's bluster, people just like to talk about how they got to punch the toughest guy around and got away with it even if it isn't true. Everybody wants to be the guy that got one over on Sugar Ray, or Muhammid Ali,"
Harry shakes his head, "Sad, isn't it?"

"Come on, have a seat Skeeter, I'll buy you a beer."
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

SLYCE

HP: 1; Condition: Fine

Hearing Neville’s voice brought a smile to Slyce’s face. Finally, he thought as he stretched a bit and got ready to enter the fray.

He had been waiting in the Hillbillies’ territory for a little while now after being briefed on the situation earlier by Neville and Maynard, figuring that this would be where the team would start their investigation. As much as he wanted to attend the first meeting of the whole group, he felt it was more important to attend his daughter’s dance recital. Even though he felt as if he was looking the proverbial gift horse in the mouth by skipping out on the meeting, his primary motivation for accepting the job in the first place was to make his family proud again. He also knew that the obligations of being on a super team probably wouldn’t afford him many opportunities to go to his kids’ events moving forward. Fortunately, Maynard was understanding this time so he took the opportunity. And even if he wasn't, it was worth the smile he got from her when she saw him in the crowd and the hug he got afterwards before her mother hustled her off.

His enhanced senses allowed him to see everything going on at the bar and the surrounding area from his hiding spot in an abandoned building not too far from the barn. Avoiding detection by the Hillbillies had been child’s play. Years of wetworks missions had honed his stealth skills to high degree. From what he could see from his new teammates, however, some of them might need some schoolin’ in the finer points of covert operations…

Assessing the situation, he saw a short, stocky man trying to look normal entering one of the old condos. He assumed that was Le Petite Hercule, a hero he had come into contact with a couple of years ago on one of his last assignments. Strong as an ox, stout of heart but seems to have some daddy issues. Good dude, though. He could handle himself. That name is too damn long, though, he thought. Pete sounds better.

There were three people in a pickup that pulled up a little bit ago and the two men were heading into the Hillbilly bar. He didn’t know them offhand, but he could make out the features of an old acquaintance still sitting in the truck. “Maia,” he mumbled to himself. “Now she’ll finally have to pay up…”

The others have to be around here somewhere, I’m sure, he thought. So backup for Pete shouldn’t be an issue. But if my history with good ol’ boys is any guide, give them a nip of the ‘shine (moonshine) and things can get ugly quick…

“Copy that, G,” Slyce responded to Neville. “I’m headin’ towards the bar, all this waitin’ has made me thirsty. I don’t know where all the rest of our new crew is, but have ‘em keep an eye on Pete in case somethin’ goes down.”
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:04 am le Petit Hercule
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:33 am The man faces you via the still-ajar door- he acts confused and nervous at first, but at the very mention of the word "Ninja".

Adrien hurried up the stairs "Merci, you are most kind," he said. "It was a lady wrestler. I didn't think she knew what she was talking about. She was a... how do you say? ... a redskin."

(<A little misdirection, and a test of their worldview. Thank goodness I used American films western to help learn English.>)0o.

He heads into the room, pulling the door closed behind him.
The three men eye you suspiciously and impatiently, but gasp at the term "redskin". "We don't use racial terms like THAT" the man who lured you in says. "We ain't go no issues with colored folks. You may not know that growing up in..."

"Aquitane. That'n's an Aquitanian accent if I ever heard one." One man says.
"Nah, Cletus, ya idjit, that's obviously Bourgognian." The other replies.
"Yer BOTH idjits!" the lead one shouts. "He said he was from PAH-REE, which is more properly pronounced PAH-RISS, but obviously he didn't know that."

They all pause, then turn to you.

"So what in the HELL were you doin' out in the middle of the night in this neighborhood?" the lead one prods you. "That zoo's bin closed fer five years now, and weren't open at this time o' night anyhow. And don't ya know this neighborhood is home to the most DANGEROUS street gang in the entire city? This territory belongs to the HILLBILLIES... who ain't us, mind you. We're just, uh, concerned citizens."

(make a Deception Check: DC 11)

"And what did you mean talkin' about NINJAS? The only NINJAS in this here town're the 18th Street Ninjas on... damn, I forgot which street they was livin' on. There ain't no OTHER kindsa ninjas" another one adds. "'Cept o' course the ninjas from them clans in Japan. But them Oriental folk ain't never headin' down to OUR neck of the woods!"

(make a Deception Check: DC 13)
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Arkrite wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:14 pm The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)

Back when he was, well, normal, this would have been pretty intimidating.
As it stood? He'd faced bigger, and meaner men who'd done far worse then poke him in the chest.

"Well now, I'd have to say," Harry says with a smile, "That you are absolutely right."

"I'm impressed, Skeeter, most people don't realize that the British forces were freed up after Napoleon was exiled and the war with France was over."

"Truth is it's bluster, people just like to talk about how they got to punch the toughest guy around and got away with it even if it isn't true. Everybody wants to be the guy that got one over on Sugar Ray, or Muhammid Ali,"
Harry shakes his head, "Sad, isn't it?"

"Come on, have a seat Skeeter, I'll buy you a beer."

(Dang, you stumped me, you ass :). Take a Hero Point)

"*GG! BL! GG!!*" Skeeter sputters, taken aback. He really wanted to get angry and fight-y. "We-- well... WE DON'T TAKE KINDLY to folk who brag about their own historical knowledge around here!"
"Goddammit, Skeeter" the barkeep pinches his nose and squints his eyes.

"Dammit, Skeeter!" Another man bursts out of the back of the bar, from where Skeeter came. "Are you tryin' ta start FIGHTS again?! Don't you know that'd ruin all our plans if the COPS showed up?!" He stops, staring at the strangers in the bar. "Uh, you strangers should be on yer way, like, right now. And, uh, no reason to call the police on account a' Skeeter bein' a dumbass."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

GALACTICA
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

K'lara looks at the Mexican dish, soft tortilla wrapped around mystery ingredients. "So, the food is inside the wrap, but you put the sauce on the outside of the wrap? Sounds messy." she looks dubious, but regards the bottles of condiments of the spicy variety, levels a cheeky look at Sawyer and takes the spiciest sauce available as indicated by the flier, and gives the burrito a healthy dose. No little sissy drips. And then takes a large bite of the sauced up burrito to display her bravery, then freezes.

At first, nothing happens except for K'lara's aquamarine eyes widening, then one could almost see stars in her eyes, her already reddish, burgundy skin (shifted from her curiosity and intrigue of the food) to a spicy red-orange, fluttering towards bright orange and back. Rosa, Sawyer and Ariana feel a blast of delight, the kind of delight when you bite into something new and find that it tastes FAR better than you expected.

"So goooooood......." :shock:
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule

deception check: 1D20+4 = [15]+4 = 19
1D20+4 = [7]+4 = 11

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:49 am The three men eye you suspiciously and impatiently, but gasp at the term "redskin". "We don't use racial terms like THAT" the man who lured you in says. "We ain't go no issues with colored folks. You may not know that growing up in..."

"Aquitane. That'n's an Aquitanian accent if I ever heard one." One man says.
"Nah, Cletus, ya idjit, that's obviously Bourgognian." The other replies.
"Yer BOTH idjits!" the lead one shouts. "He said he was from PAH-REE, which is more properly pronounced PAH-RISS, but obviously he didn't know that."

They all pause, then turn to you.

"So what in the HELL were you doin' out in the middle of the night in this neighborhood?" the lead one prods you. "That zoo's bin closed fer five years now, and weren't open at this time o' night anyhow. And don't ya know this neighborhood is home to the most DANGEROUS street gang in the entire city? This territory belongs to the HILLBILLIES... who ain't us, mind you. We're just, uh, concerned citizens."

"And what did you mean talkin' about NINJAS? The only NINJAS in this here town're the 18th Street Ninjas on... damn, I forgot which street they was livin' on. There ain't no OTHER kindsa ninjas" another one adds. "'Cept o' course the ninjas from them clans in Japan. But them Oriental folk ain't never headin' down to OUR neck of the woods!"
"I'm impressed. Mon grand-père lives outside of Bordeaux and mon oncle Jacques lives near Dijon, and I often visited them as un enfant... er... as a child. you have good ears to detect les influences sur mon accent," Adrien said.

"I knew the zoo would be closed for the night," Adrien continued. "And the only person who told me that it had closed the door for good, she is une blagueuse... pardon, a joker. I did not believe her. I have not heard of hillbillies who live in the city, but if they are a gang I cannot believe they are worse than les Mousquetaires. They are the gang most tough in Pair-iss. And I go out at nuit in their neighbourhood."
[My grandfather / my uncle Jacques / a child / the influences on my accent]

[a joker (feminine) ... sorry / the Musketeers / night]
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Dr. Mercury sat on the wall outside the row house for a minute. When no sounds of violence followed, she hopped down to the ground and walked back to the barn Adrien had been warned away from.

"Hercule has met some new friends," she said over the radio. "They seem peaceful enough. I'm going to check out the barn that worried them."